0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Check light

What is the main reason for the check light? I have Toyota Belta 2006, which I bought a year ago, but check light started apperaing few days ago and whenever there is light, car started knocking. Then suddenly light disappears and car is normal, then again the light appears.

Someone told me if CNG removed from the car this problem appears. What is your opinion and what should I do? Is it a serious matter? and how should I get rid of check light forever.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In japan cars sensors are a huge issue, my friend installed packing on his car and now ABS light is on.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it check from toyota on computer diagnosis.this light was on in my gli and the problem was due to the cng ,o2 oxygen sensor gets damaged,but they can repaired it by cleaning and the check gets off
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before removing the CNG kit, diagnose any sesnor issue of ur car from Toyota.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepakistan View Post
    What is the main reason for the check light?
    The Check Engine Light (CEL) serves to raise the issue of existence of problem(s) in the car's engine through a bunch of sensors that feed the ECU with information. It can either be a false alarm due to some wire being disconnected/damaged/connected poorly or it might indicate a serious problem.

CEL can also pinpoint the problematic area by either using an On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) tool available with good electricians or with Toyota dealers. They just plug the OBD to a port available under the dashboard and that gives it a direct connection to the car's ECU. They can then read off the error/problem code and let you know what is causing the CEL to flash or stay on. The diagnosis shouldn't cost more than Rs. 300 or so.

If the CEL flashes in a specific combination on your Belta's speedometer when you start up the car, you might be able to read the code yourself and search about that particular code.

I have Toyota Belta 2006, which I bought a year ago, but check light started apperaing few days ago and whenever there is light, car started knocking. Then suddenly light disappears and car is normal, then again the light appears.
    This shows that when the problem appears with your car the unnatural/abnormal condition is sensed by the ECU and the CEL lights up. In ECU controlled cars it can also be the case that the ECU
    1) detects problematic input from one of the sensors (Throttle position s, Camshaft position s, Crankshaft position s, coolant temperature s, intake air temp s, abs sensors, O2 sensor, etc)
    2) and then indicates that error with the CEL light,
    3) tries to rectify the problem by tweaking the fuel, air input at the intake or the spark/ignition timing
    4) succeeds in resolving the problem
    5) then goes on its marry way.

Someone told me if CNG removed from the car this problem appears. What is your opinion and what should I do? Is it a serious matter? and how should I get rid of check light forever.
    This sounds like the wrong diagnosis as the CNG system/electronics never actually gave any information/input to the car's ECU to begin with, so assuming that since the CNG was removed from the car, that must be causing the CEL to light up sounds very far-fetched.

Anyways, try to read off the error code or have someone do it for you with the OBD tool. Then attack the problem and if the culprit is one or more of the sensors then get them cleaned (esp the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold), the wire harnesses checked for tight connection, any signs of wires/insulation being damaged. I doubt its a serious problem right now but if you ignore the issue or or get the CEL removed/its wires disconnected then that can spell major disaster for you down the road. Good luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks cardinal for the informative reply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cardinal: That's a very informative reply.. You summarized quite a few pages of ECL related discussions going on around.. Just what our friend here needed.
    The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List