4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Info About KIA Sportage

I was surprised to see an Ad in the newspaper in which an owner was selling 2005 (isbd no.) KIA Sportage just fro 8.75 lakhs. How can an SUV of 2005 be so cheaper?? I need complete specs info about KIA Sportage. Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where can we get the parts from?? any market in rwp/isbd??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khaishgi View Post
    Dear Mr. Race_addicted,fficeffice" />

I am glad to see that you have so many insane friends like Ibadsh, toofast & hayzin. I am impressed to see their level of confidence with which they have misguided you by portraying all possible faults they can imagine. As a matter of fact the situation is opposite. You can say that it is an opportunity to buy 2005 model of SUV in range of 8 lakhs. As far as argument over engine performance is concern, the engine is perfectly OK. There is no exceptional noise, it is not under powered, it is not unreliable and there is no parts availability & quality issue at all. The problem is with those people who do not know how to maintain TURBO DIESEL engines. The type of engine is very good. It is RT Type mazda engine. Mazda engines are most reliable & you can check the same on Wikipedia. I am sure all your insane friends have never ever kept Sportage and have no idea how to maintain turbo diesel. Their views are more dependent on gossips of road side mechanics who can easily give judgments without understanding the engineering of engine and for every problem the easiest solution is to replace original engine with toyota engine. To be honest, never ever go for alterations in your car because just changing engine is not a solution on the other hand it will generate lot more problems. My friend, if you have taste and can maintain techi engine than go for it.

Owner of Sportage.

A KIA Sportage - 2005 - Silver in color - is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITES!!! once more than a couple of years back, i was a sportage owner. 2003 it was, with its engine totally busted. It used to heatup. apart from the engine, the suv was in immaculate condition. was my CEO's and i bought it when they were disposing it off after four years of its purchase. Got that for 600K. Deliberately paid a 100K more than what its market worth at that time was, with my mind made up that as they car other than the engine part was in immaculate condition and very well kept. I planned to get the orignal engine overhaled with all new parts genuine available at Khalid autos at Mondgomery road lahore. The estimate was of 55K and my expert mechanic labour and other expenses, a lump sum budget of 70K was what i prepared.

I was all set according to the plan, when my father came up with the thought that no matter what i spend or do with its engine, Diesel engines dont long more than a 100K KMS or so and need overhaling again! hence the operating cost of this vehicle was too much! let me mention that i travel almost 60 KM every day from home to work and back.

while i was in split thoughts, i got a splendid offer for my sportage, when an army guy who was looking for a big car for his joint family home setup cam up and offered me 800K for it! i was surprised and couldnt literally beleive until i confirmed from several car dealers who each confirmed the bad after market of this SUV.

I was dazzled. the dealer who was getting this deal done, offered me a civic prosmatic 2005 silver whose drive i loved. i thought lets make life easy and let go of this elephant whom il have to comfort more than what it would bring back to me!

i sold my sportage after keeping it for a couple of months.... and that was it.

By fellows, a 2005 Sportage in genuine conditionn, can give you great pleasure if you can afford its diesel cost. Seriously. sportage is awsome. Completely awsome looking at the price tag!

cheers guys! could help control let go off my emotions by writing this all down here......

Sportage Zindabad!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vaux View Post
    A KIA Sportage - 2005 - Silver in color - is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITES!!! once more than a couple of years back, i was a sportage owner. 2003 it was, with its engine totally busted. It used to heatup. apart from the engine, the suv was in immaculate condition. was my CEO's and i bought it when they were disposing it off after four years of its purchase. Got that for 600K. Deliberately paid a 100K more than what its market worth at that time was, with my mind made up that as they car other than the engine part was in immaculate condition and very well kept. I planned to get the orignal engine overhaled with all new parts genuine available at Khalid autos at Mondgomery road lahore. The estimate was of 55K and my expert mechanic labour and other expenses, a lump sum budget of 70K was what i prepared.

I was all set according to the plan, when my father came up with the thought that no matter what i spend or do with its engine, Diesel engines dont long more than a 100K KMS or so and need overhaling again! hence the operating cost of this vehicle was too much! let me mention that i travel almost 60 KM every day from home to work and back.

while i was in split thoughts, i got a splendid offer for my sportage, when an army guy who was looking for a big car for his joint family home setup cam up and offered me 800K for it! i was surprised and couldnt literally beleive until i confirmed from several car dealers who each confirmed the bad after market of this SUV.

I was dazzled. the dealer who was getting this deal done, offered me a civic prosmatic 2005 silver whose drive i loved. i thought lets make life easy and let go of this elephant whom il have to comfort more than what it would bring back to me!

i sold my sportage after keeping it for a couple of months.... and that was it.

By fellows, a 2005 Sportage in genuine conditionn, can give you great pleasure if you can afford its diesel cost. Seriously. sportage is awsome. Completely awsome looking at the price tag!

cheers guys! could help control let go off my emotions by writing this all down here......

Sportage Zindabad!
    your father is gravely wrong
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir, I have a sportage for the last 4 years. Its a 2003 model and to put it simply have been enjoying it. I have even driven it for 10 hours continuously many times. done 60000 km total milage.

So do believe me.. an owner, and I have driven and kept many vehicles from margala, city, daewoo and corolla.

Any one buying a sportage can remember fol points;
    1. Radiator is karachi made( one of dewan-farooq's blunderous local made parts). I have put in a imported 3 nalli pajero radiator and no more heating issues.

2. Replaced its diesel (a KIA copy of mazda RF engine) producing 68HP with petrol mazda F8 efi 12 valve 1.8 L producing around 100Hp. consumption 11.5km/l

3. Efi CNG with two 40l cyl behind the rear seat. excellent pick and consumption.

4. powerful ac (no overheating as was the case with local radiator/diesel combination)

5. even replaced its stock radiator fan (mechanical) with 24v SPAL italian fan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a 2008 sportage(new shape)was parked in hyundai sowan motors last year and manager told me owner is asking 2.5 millions for it and believe u me it was one tough and beauty machine
    few days ago i saw a brand new sportage (must be 2010 0r 2011)with green number plate near airport and it was looking awesome
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List