Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Honda City 2011 MT

Dear all,

Two months ago I posted a thread to have some suggestions from PAK wheelers on Swift and Honda City Comparison and finally ended up in buying Honda City. I just got delivered couple of days ago from HONDA FSD.
    Thanks all I made I made the right choice because of your help.
    Now I again turn to you guys with certain queries and I will appreciate the suggestions as well.

1. First the tires which come with Honda are local made "EuroStar". Many People say that these should be changed because they are smaller and some Japanese brand must be installed. Still some say that heavy tires effect fuel efficiency. Do I need to change these local tires which originally comes with city.

2. I decided to go for a tracker but HONDA guys said it will void my warranty so what is a wise option at this stage?

3. It comes with two speakers, I want to get a good sound system (Installing some good speakers at the back), suggestions?

4. I have some cash on hand left, any suggestion on improving the aesthetics of car??? Keeping it simple and elegant

IT IS MY FIRST CAR SO I CAN REALLY USE YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

I Look Forward to you all

Cheers

Honda City 2011 MT -213922 Honda City 2011 MT -213923 Honda City 2011 MT -213924 Honda City 2011 MT -213938Honda City 2011 MT -213922 Honda City 2011 MT -213923 Honda City 2011 MT -213924 Honda City 2011 MT -213938Honda City 2011 MT -213922 Honda City 2011 MT -213923 Honda City 2011 MT -213924 Honda City 2011 MT -213938Honda City 2011 MT -213922 Honda City 2011 MT -213923 Honda City 2011 MT -213924 Honda City 2011 MT -213938

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Michelin energy saver is a very rugged and hard tire as compared to stock Euro Star tires. It will surely last longer but on potholes or uneven roads it does make strange noises and makes your ride stiff due to high saturation of polyester in it.

I installed it in my City 2010 but wasn't satisfied with the performance & ride quality.

My suggestion is to keep the stock tires as they would pretty much serve the purpose if you don't intend to use your car for burn outs and drag racing or otherwise to improve the looks and ride quality go for DB or Maxxis.

and don't ruin the rear door speaker mounts/connectors by installing pioneers or kenwood door speakers. Get the original Honda speakers that would sit on the mounts perfectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for yoko decibles in 205 size. you`ll feel the difference.

dont install a tracker.

add foglamps to increase the looks and some decent rims if your budget allows.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congratz bro, me also goin for it in a few week inshallah,,,,,

as for the tyre its a really tough call,,,, city previos model used to slide on its 165/80/13,,,, so now also imported tyre cost too much and effect economy as u have abs at rear so it wont be sliding any where so u dont need to change those and in hard breaking the weight of the car is shifted to front and usually it still tend to slide a bit so id say find yor self some soft rubber 185 or max 195 only for front so the abs kicks in as it does now,,,
    trust me even 185 makes a difference and softer tyre might have a bit short life (lets say 5k less) but the ride quality is was better and less burden on the suspension,,,,,
    fog lights would be awsome,,,, and as for traker it depends on u its cheaper option and gives peace of mind but u have to compromise on warranty which u might also in case u install cng,,,,, and if u insure it then its like 60k premium a year and a warrenty of 3yr or 70k kms,,,, and if god forbid u loose the vehicle its insured at invoice price and they deduct 10-30% of it where as the market price of the vehicle would be above the invoice due to pakistani market,,,, so in your 2nd year u would of paid 130k in premium and if driven say 40,000 km spend 50-60k extra on petrol atleast ,,, to have a warrenty and insured value of 150k less then your cars market price,,,, so u spend abt 180k above to have a warrenty and 1.2 mil rs worth insurence of ur atleast 1.35 mil car so he loss is above 330k,,, and in third year its above 400k,,,, i tried to buy a 09 city but dident find a good 1 for less then 12.50 lac where as the invoice was 12.02 in 2009,,,,,, so for me spending around 2 lac on 3 year insurence to save a warrenty thats not gona cover any thing close to that,,,,, and have a return value way less then the current value of ur car doesnt seem wise plus u can always find a way to claim iwarrenty in pakistan if really want it,,,,,
    for seat cover get some fabric matching the stock,,,,,
    i think u can put round speakers on the trunk board as it has pre cut fitting for those (u have to check that,,, the previous model did ) and u can find preety good speakers to go there if not then rear door is still there.....
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    ^^
    and don't ruin the rear door speaker mounts/connectors by installing pioneers or kenwood door speakers. Get the original Honda speakers that would sit on the mounts perfectly.

Sir i would very much like to know how the door mounts are ruined?? Coz i do intend to install them in near future. and your contribution shall be very helpful. May be I am missing out on something in my planning phase!!
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Till now
    1. Seat Covers/Matt
    2. Honda Speakers
    3. Fog Lamps
    4. I am planning to keep the stock tires, let see how they goes
    5. GARMIN GPS (Though it is not needed BUT I LOVE IT)
    6. O yes, A USB for stereo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Sir i would very much like to know how the door mounts are ruined?? Coz i do intend to install them in near future. and your contribution shall be very helpful.
    Nothing is going to happen to the door mounts . I got the SONY speakers installed . The catch point is that get the job done from a person who knows how to open and do the fitting. Speaker wires with grip are already factory installed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Nothing is going to happen to the door mounts . I got the SONY speakers installed . The catch point is that get the job done from a person who knows how to open and do the fitting. Speaker wires with grip are already factory installed
    That is great. Dude are you located in Islamabad? Where did you got it modified (Talking of SONY SPEAKERS) and how much did it cost you?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Till now
    1. Seat Covers/Matt
    2. Honda Speakers
    3. Fog Lamps
    4. I am planning to keep the stock tires, let see how they goes
    5. GARMIN GPS (Though it is not needed BUT I LOVE IT)
    6. O yes, A USB for stereo
    Get a touch screen DVD with reverse camera. It hepls a lot in reversing since the view for smaller objects in rear is not good. Specially for smaller children.

Honda City 2011 MT -214096

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Sir i would very much like to know how the door mounts are ruined?? Coz i do intend to install them in near future. and your contribution shall be very helpful.
    What I mean to say is that when you try to install some hi fi and expensive speakers with larger cones or heavy magnets in those mounts like I did they don't sit properly most of the times. You have to make room for them by cutting or flexing the original mounts and making extra holes beside cutting the original wires to make the connections resulting in fluttering sound at high volumes because of the leakage or poor insulation.

On the contrary when you install Honda Original or Honda Certified Speakers you wont need to make any changes as they would perfectly complement the front door speakers and fit just right in the sockets.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is great. Dude are you located in Islamabad? Where did you got it modified (Talking of SONY SPEAKERS) and how much did it cost you?
    The speakers are SONY GTX 1626, I dont remember the price now but they were cheap , I guess around 1600/- or less but the sound quality is not as good as the originals. So I would suggest u to go for original Honda speakers. U might get them from some audio shop who might be selling the removed speakers after an upgrade by customer. Besides I remeber a Pakwheeler selling the pair as low as Rs 1000/- here about 6 months back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Umair2203
    Congratulations
    Car is looking nice mashAllah
    You have made a right choice by buying Honda City.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, congratulations im sure u made a wise decision of going for city rather then swift.
    now i ll be contributing my 2 cents about what u asked for.

1) no matter WHAT anyone says. get the tyres changed immediately. why? first, the quality of these tyres is pathetic. u ll start feeling them shaking after a couple of 1000kms. they are too hard, grip is pathetic plus they are too small for the car.
    the size/weight and even looks of the car beg to get 195 size tyres.so get them. yokohama s drive a drive c drive are very very nice tyres.get any of them.

2) i prefer insurance over tracker.u know it costs almost the same but insurance is much better option.sometimes tracker guys cannot locate the car if (GOD forbid) it gets stolen.plus insurance also covers any damage to the car.

3) theres a place for speakers in the rear door, as u may know. they same speakers which fit in the front doors can be bought from open market (with the same fittings). they will be installed without any alteration. if u want to put bigger/better speakers, thats an option too.in that case, any good sound system worker will fabricate mounts for speakers n will installed.no need to worry, it will be a satisfactory job without any damage to door panel etc.

4) i wud say get some good looking alloy rims.may be some percentage tints.a lip spoiler (i ll post a pic soon).
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is the lip spoiler i was talking about.

Honda City 2011 MT -214131
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    What I mean to say is that when you try to install some hi fi and expensive speakers with larger cones or heavy magnets in those mounts like I did they don't sit properly most of the times. You have to make room for them by cutting or flexing the original mounts and making extra holes beside cutting the original wires to make the connections resulting in fluttering sound at high volumes because of the leakage or poor insulation.

On the contrary when you install Honda Original or Honda Certified Speakers you wont need to make any changes as they would perfectly complement the front door speakers and fit just right in the sockets.
    Absolutely not. No cutting etc is required in any car for installing speakers. Offcourse you need to have basic knowledge about speakers first e.g. if you blindly go to a shop and tell them that you need a speaker in 10k you will not only ruin your car but also get ripped off.

On the other hand, if you know the diameter of the mounting hole or the stock speakers, let says it is 6.5", you can go and get any decent 6.5" speakers or components (based on your own research or advice from someone) and no cutting etc would be involved. I have speakers installed currently in the doors of my civic and corolla and all my previous cars too and never had to cut anything. Every speaker was fitted in the stock location without any alteration and gave me not a single problem ever. Also the stock speakers are sh** and should be changed immediately if someone has interest in audio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations on your car ...MashaAllah.....
    Adolf Hitler Said: "I suggest that u do war instead of love bcoz in war u either live or die. But in Love neither u live nor u die.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Absolutely not. No cutting etc is required in any car for installing speakers. Offcourse you need to have basic knowledge about speakers first e.g. if you blindly go to a shop and tell them that you need a speaker in 10k you will not only ruin your car but also get ripped off.

On the other hand, if you know the diameter of the mounting hole or the stock speakers, let says it is 6.5", you can go and get any decent 6.5" speakers or components (based on your own research or advice from someone) and no cutting etc would be involved. I have speakers installed currently in the doors of my civic and corolla and all my previous cars too and never had to cut anything. Every speaker was fitted in the stock location without any alteration and gave me not a single problem ever. Also the stock speakers are sh** and should be changed immediately if someone has interest in audio
    Stock speakers are sh** ??? Well, this is new ! Anyways, what speakers do you recommend

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stock speakers are sh** ??? Well, this is new ! Anyways, what speakers do you recommend

Yes. To some extent mani1 is right. You feel a good bass at lower volumes only because the door isn't damped and it gets too boomy for an average listener and he says VOILA.

Try feeling the distortion at mid volume.

The following pics show honda speakers (borrowed from a PW topic). Notice the size of voice coil. Lets assume its a miniaturized magnet design with a high quality coil hidden beneath, I wonder why Pioneer and Kenwood dont think of this in their 6.5" designs.

Honda City 2011 MT - 101736 Required Honda City 2010 Stock speakers Photo 0042

Honda City 2011 MT - 101735 Required Honda City 2010 Stock speakers Photo 0044
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And this is how quality STARTS to look like. It only starts this way. There are FOCALs, FUSIONs, MTXs, Rockford Fosgates and a long list to demonstrate what listening experience really is. So enjoy

Honda City 2011 MT - pioneer ts d1602r

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice decision for a NHC, I love stock speakers, anyways you can make your ride like mine.

I got 16" Alloys with Dunlop Direzza 205 50 16 tires. A perfect replacement for NHC suspention issue (DUG DUG) with very low effect on mileage.

Honda City 2011 MT -214148

Honda City 2011 MT -214149

Honda City 2011 MT -214150

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stock speakers are sh** ??? Well, this is new !
    So not only do you think that stock speakers arnt **** but you also think that all other agree with you? That is height of ignorance. If you ever come to lahore, PM me and I'll show you the difference between stock speakers and then some other speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List