Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow Daihatsu Mira 660cc Imported(japan) Wonder full car (Rate My Drive)

yesterday i bought Daihatsu Mira 2008 model and fresh import(2011 manual transmission) 8990 km driven....fully loaded (abs, power windows, power steering, power mirrors, ac, etc) scratch less worth 790000/rs
    ...its drive is amazing....like comfort...pick and space. as compare to local ALTO.... MEHRAN...CULTUS...COURE...SANTRO....

what u say dear pk wheelers?

UPDATED ON 19-04-2011

yours experience.

Dear PW members and users,

i want all of Daihatsu Mira Users to discuss all matters,,, problems ,,,, experience ,,, performance ,,,, issues related to Daihatsu Mira on the Below mention link as and close all other threads related with Daihatsu Mira so that all Daihatsu Mira user can be got on unique board
    Daihatsu Mira Fan Club \ Discussion club For All Daihatsu Mira Users

REGARDSDiahtsu Mira -237142 Diahtsu Mira -237143 Diahtsu Mira -237145 Diahtsu Mira -237146 Diahtsu Mira -237150

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oho bhai...its totally unfair to compare these two cars at all...i have a 1000cc platz, manual transmission, which for me is a brilliant machine, BUT, only if compares to cultus, alto , santro etc in respect to comfort, road grip, safety fetures and all. it wud be naive of me to compare it with a 1.3, city or corolla or lancer or anything

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    sir please read my post carefully, i mentioned that average acceleration that is normal driving. if u want overdrive acceleration then go for mazda rx8 which worth 13 lacs instead of honda city which worth 16 lacs.

yes i have driven honda city many times thats why i said that mira's room space is bigger than city. if u dont believe it then please take a ride of mira. because after that u will believe it.
    Oho bhai... what u mean by average accelaration is that every car on this planet has the same average accelaration....

A 500HP BMW M5 when put into a normal drive has the average acceleration of a mehran....

That never means we can compare a 800cc crap with a 5000cc BiTurbo...

what accelration actually means is that when u run into a very close situation on a highway, then u just push the pedal to the medal to get out of it...

That differs how mira handles the situation and how does City.

As for room space, when u travel with 3 persons in a mira, u don't have the 500 liter trunk.

Luggage ko apne saath bithaana hoga bhai. City, in these terms is .

The point is, its crazy to compare a 1.3L compact sedan class to a 0.6L L275 Bodied mira.

BTW, have u ever compared the interior dimensions of city to those of mira...?

I mean the ones that are not just an Andaza, the ones on a technical spec sheet.... do tell me....
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    @San91
    I am sorry to say you don't have any concept of cars.
    You simply don't have any understanding of 'acceleration'
    For you bigger car is a negative point and smaller car is a positive point knowing that both cars have the same fuel consumption.
    For you Daihatsu Mira has a good resale than Honda City. For your information let me tell you that Honda City is a hot cake item in market. It is selling way above the price it was bought for. Even the City iDSI is selling at 12 lacks and its factory price was around 9 lacs.

Regarding engine noise, don't pretend to be naive, just read a few pages back and you will see Daihatsu Mira owners complaining about its engine noise.
    And who told me that this 660 cc car is not for highway driving/long routes? Its a common sense man. People are going to Nathiagali from Lahore on CD-70, but is it advisable? Certainly not.

In the end, one can go to a date on his Honda City, but can you go on your Daihatsu Mira?? That was just to let you know the impression and looks of Mira.

It is a car for everyday local commuting. Don't expect too much from it.
    And seeing your justification points, one can only laugh at them.
    I am not going to comment from now as I have made the facts clear.
    ok

there are some confusions in our conversation. u are comparing racing mode acceleration with normal city driving mode acceleration. i m repeatedly mentioning that i m comparing normal city driving average acceleration.

next thing is that u are mixing the concepts of highway driving with mountain climb driving. mira is perfect car for highway driving while not so good for mountain climbing but can manage it if there are only two normal persons sitting in the car.

and for resale market, ask any showroom owner about selling honda city new shape 100k driven and 100k driven mira new shape, and then ask who get the same selling price as their cost price. yes i know city is hot cake nowadays and its demand is very high but its resale is not so good.

and one more thing is that i dont need to impress anyone. if i have to, then i have another cars for it. i took this car for my comfort not or others comfort. this car is very good for congested traffic driving and if u have any idea about karachi's traffic, then u will prefer to park ur city in ur garage and took mira for ur daily working routines.

i also have other cars which are far better than mira and city but are not suitable for karachi city driving specially in evening when everyone is in hurry to reach their home as fast as possible.

and the last thing, many people thinks that comparison between mira and city is out of mind. so please first clarify the meaning of comparison. comparison means to examine two or more items to establish similarities and dissimilarities.
    i m not saying that mira is better than city. i m just camparing its features.

hope now u understand my perceptions.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

As for ur mazda RX-8 thingy, just LOL bhai... Mazda is a sports class gas guzzler. stick to ur comparison of 1.3L compact sedan and L275 Mira.

U may also want to mention the aspects of driving mira with its AC on... does it still have "noiselessness" and power?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    As for ur mazda RX-8 thingy, just LOL bhai... Mazda is a sports class gas guzzler. stick to ur comparison of 1.3L compact sedan and L275 Mira.

U may also want to mention the aspects of driving mira with its AC on... does it still have "noiselessness" and power?
    yes noiseless with ac on and same power.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@san 91... why did u happen to mention in ur previous posts that ur mira gives you 12KPL??? and now u mention that its mileage is equal to city???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oho bhai... what u mean by average accelaration is that every car on this planet has the same average accelaration....

A 500HP BMW M5 when put into a normal drive has the average acceleration of a mehran....

That never means we can compare a 800cc crap with a 5000cc BiTurbo...

what accelration actually means is that when u run into a very close situation on a highway, then u just push the pedal to the medal to get out of it...

That differs how mira handles the situation and how does City.

As for room space, when u travel with 3 persons in a mira, u don't have the 500 liter trunk.

Luggage ko apne saath bithaana hoga bhai. City, in these terms is .

The point is, its crazy to compare a 1.3L compact sedan class to a 0.6L L275 Bodied mira.

BTW, have u ever compared the interior dimensions of city to those of mira...?

I mean the ones that are not just an Andaza, the ones on a technical spec sheet.... do tell me....
    i also have the same perceptions before buying mira. i m consistently refusing to buy mira but one of my friend(a showroom owner) suggested me to take a test drive and after that i have changed my perception.

and if we talk about acceleration then bro there is a big difference in these both cars acceleration that is suzuki mehran and bmw m5. i own mira, honda city and mitsubishi lancer and i can easily compares the acceleration between all three cars. lancer's acceleration is far better than city and mira but city's acceleration can be caompared with mira's acceleration.

and the last thing, i know city is better than mira that i have already mentioned in my previous posts. but i dont know why u r taking the meaning of comparison with race. comparison means to examine two or more items to establish similarities and dissimilarities between them. here on PW main page, u can compare honda accord with suzuki mehran.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@san 91... why did u happen to mention in ur previous posts that ur mira gives you 12KPL??? and now u mention that its mileage is equal to city???
    yes at the time purchasing mira, it gives me 12km/l but after that i tuned my car, changes its filters, changes oil brand, sparkplugs and do engine service, cleans its throttle body and after that i got 14-15 km/l.

and i didnt mention that mira's average is equal to city's average. its someone else who shared his experience.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m sorry to say, that from being a very useful and informative forum abt Daihatsu Mira, this has turned into just-another-small-car-vs-big-car-crap forum.....please let go of each other..one who is happy with Mira, let him be. one who says city is better, let him say so. if u ask someone havign CD-70, he wud say "70 kee kya baat hay...city aur corolla tau saree bakwas hay" .....so the end state is, please live and let live and only focus on the forum

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Daihatsu mira autimetic or manual which is more fuel efficient. plz guide me i am waiting for friends advice actually i want to purchase mira but not sure which one to purchase autometic or manual

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SHAHZAD1974 View Post
    Daihatsu mira autimetic or manual which is more fuel efficient. plz guide me i am waiting for friends advice actually i want to purchase mira but not sure which one to purchase autometic or manual
    mira or reema or neeli or peeli.....every car on earth is more fuel efficient in manua transmission bro. its as simple

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

every car is more fuel efficient with manual transmission. its a universal truth.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Everyone,

I am going to buy Daihatsu Mira 2006 model (Automatic transmission, 660 CC Engine, 4 Doors). Can any one tell me how much kilometers it run per liter of petrol?? Somebody told me that no need to convert Mira on CNG because it consume very less fuel as compare to other cars???

Need your guidance about Mira's features ! Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentamjad View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am going to buy Daihatsu Mira 2006 model (Automatic transmission, 660 CC Engine, 4 Doors). Can any one tell me how much kilometers it run per liter of petrol?? Somebody told me that no need to convert Mira on CNG because it consume very less fuel as compare to other cars???

Need your guidance about Mira's features ! Thanks
    in my opinion, go for 2007 model new shape. it is more fuel efficient than 2006 model. i m getting 14-15km/l in mine mira. dont know much about the 2006 model(old shape).
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default No longer a universal truth

Just fyi, apparently its no longer the universal truth. Some cars do now have very complex auto transmission setups that manufacturers claim are more efficient than their manual counterparts in certain situations.

With the newly standard Getrag MT82 6-speed manual transmission co-developed with Ford, the 2011 Mustang has been rated by the EPA to achieve 19 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 23 mpg-imp) in city driving and 29 mpg-US (8.1 L/100 km; 35 mpg-imp) on the highway. The newly optional Ford 6R60 6-speed automatic achieves 19 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 23 mpg-imp) in city and 31 mpg-US (7.6 L/100 km; 37 mpg-imp) on the highway.[35] The a newly standard 2.73:1 limited slip rear axle is more fuel efficient compared to the more aggressive 3.31:1 axle used previously. The 3.31:1 axle remains available in the 2011 Mustang as a performance option.[34]
    I read this in the review for Mustang back in 2010 and even found this even listed in wikipedia and the official website.

Source 1: click here
    Source 2: click here
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    mira or reema or neeli or peeli.....every car on earth is more fuel efficient in manua transmission bro. its as simple
    every car is more fuel efficient with manual transmission. its a universal truth.
    Do in pindi as the pindi boyzes do !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kalia View Post
    Just fyi, apparently its no longer the universal truth. Some cars do now have very complex auto transmission setups that manufacturers claim are more efficient than their manual counterparts in certain situations.

I read this in the review for Mustang back in 2010 and even found this even listed in wikipedia and the official website.

Source 1: click here
    Source 2: click here
    thanks...
    its really informative...
    again thanks for sharing
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You're welcome.

thanks...
    its really informative...
    again thanks for sharing
    Do in pindi as the pindi boyzes do !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very nice car, good decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

750000/- price for daihatsu mira import 12.2010 reg 2011 silver colour 35000/km driven bumper to bumper jenion no touch ups only one small qulum touching on corner of rear bumper would its price is fair or not if not plz advice mewhat it should be.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

750000/- price for daihatsu mira import 12.2010 reg 2011 silver colour 35000/km driven bumper to bumper jenion no touch ups only one small qulum touching on corner of rear bumper would its price is fair or not if not plz advice mewhat it should be.
    model?
    if 2007 then ok
    if 2008+ then little bit more than that.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

User Tag List