Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow Daihatsu Mira 660cc Imported(japan) Wonder full car (Rate My Drive)

yesterday i bought Daihatsu Mira 2008 model and fresh import(2011 manual transmission) 8990 km driven....fully loaded (abs, power windows, power steering, power mirrors, ac, etc) scratch less worth 790000/rs
    ...its drive is amazing....like comfort...pick and space. as compare to local ALTO.... MEHRAN...CULTUS...COURE...SANTRO....

what u say dear pk wheelers?

UPDATED ON 19-04-2011

yours experience.

Dear PW members and users,

i want all of Daihatsu Mira Users to discuss all matters,,, problems ,,,, experience ,,, performance ,,,, issues related to Daihatsu Mira on the Below mention link as and close all other threads related with Daihatsu Mira so that all Daihatsu Mira user can be got on unique board
    Daihatsu Mira Fan Club \ Discussion club For All Daihatsu Mira Users

REGARDSDiahtsu Mira -237142 Diahtsu Mira -237143 Diahtsu Mira -237145 Diahtsu Mira -237146 Diahtsu Mira -237150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excellent Car !
    I bought 2007 model back in feb last year. its been an year now and i still love it
    i had a complain of knocking sound on low acceleration but was advised by dealers to use high octane feul for a while, that did make a change actually. what i do now is get 1/4of tank filled with high octane feul and the rest with the regular one. Its giving me 19km per liters now a days without AC, with AC its around 15 MashAllah se love my car !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diahtsu Mira -360880

Diahtsu Mira -360881

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want a serious advice from you guys.. We are planning to get a small car 660 cc for our family. I have seen Daihatsu Move, Mitsubishi EK , Subaru Stella Custom, Honda Life and Alto 660cc. I have not seen or driven Mira but have heard positive reviews from most of the owners. But for all the cars i have seen drive wise and options wise subaru stella custom was the best as it was supercharged version but its looks were pathetic wheras daihatsu move on the other hand was best looking but it was way underpowered. I have a limited budget of 7.50 lac and looking for a car which wont go to workshop for next 2 years atleast and whose parts must be available.We have to travel to village too so can these cars take the beating of road conditions which are there. So please suggest me the best option from all these. I also saw 2 toyota passo which were available for 7.50 but as soon as i reached there they were already sold due to already decent price tag.
    Now i want a car within the next 2-3 days so can you guys suggest me some dealer or maybe some one who is selling such a car urgently in my price range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Farukhz7 View Post
    I want a serious advice from you guys.. We are planning to get a small car 660 cc for our family. I have seen Daihatsu Move, Mitsubishi EK , Subaru Stella Custom, Honda Life and Alto 660cc. I have not seen or driven Mira but have heard positive reviews from most of the owners. But for all the cars i have seen drive wise and options wise subaru stella custom was the best as it was supercharged version but its looks were pathetic wheras daihatsu move on the other hand was best looking but it was way underpowered. I have a limited budget of 7.50 lac and looking for a car which wont go to workshop for next 2 years atleast and whose parts must be available.We have to travel to village too so can these cars take the beating of road conditions which are there. So please suggest me the best option from all these. I also saw 2 toyota passo which were available for 7.50 but as soon as i reached there they were already sold due to already decent price tag.
    Now i want a car within the next 2-3 days so can you guys suggest me some dealer or maybe some one who is selling such a car urgently in my price range.
    all the cars that u mentioned above are good as a family car except subaru because according to my perception, it will not give fuel average more than 12 due supercharged engine. next thing that u mentioned is parts availability and mechanical issues, so every imported recondition car is suffering from that problem and all these small engine cars are at the top of the list and if we talk about mechanical issues than its on ur luck.

i m also selling my car that is daihatsu mira, if u r intrested than u can contact me through email (ahsan.taufique@live.com). in upcoming couple of days i will post an ad on Pakwheel.com also.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro from all your requirements that you have mentioned,I suggest Mira is a better option since the number of units of this 660 are more then any other.but here I would tell you one thing that these Japanese cars have somewhat less road clearance then our local cars,I don't think they can stand bumpy roads on regular bases.I have Mira, we have to pamper it alot on most of the speed breakers in the city.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry guys i drove mira. But it was crap. seriously, the doors rattle and the build quality was same as cuore so why should one buy a expensive cuore. Pick was no better. So left the choice of getting mira. And this sunday went to check a few more cars. Had a deal with a guy of jap alto 660. Deal was finalized for 6.20. Car was in good condition 2005 model, imported and registered in 2008. We told him that we will give money tomorrow ie on monday. Now on monday he started acting all weird. We asked that we wanted our mechanic to have a look at it so can you bring the car to melody market. He said okay and then while we waited for an hour he turned off his cellphone. Afterwards he told that you have to come over to my house in e11. So we went there. When we went there he said i wont let the mechanic drive. And started acting all wierd. IDK what happened to him. Then he started misbehaving with my father saying what are you doing you are wasting my time gari leni nahi hoti to a kyun jatay ho, my father said kia hum log mechanic ko check na karain lenay se pehlay. There he said ajeeb ajeeb things like paisay hain nahi waisay hi time pass kar rahay ho, wheras we took all the cash with us 6.20. Mujhay aur meray bhai ko us time bara ghusa aya and he punched the guy right away in his car porch. I took a shot too. But my father and mechanic stopped me. And abu jee ne usi time rakh ke moon pe chappair mari meray aur meray bhai ke. He just then went inside and andar se message karta hai meray abu ke cellphone pe ke i am not selling the car to u guys. Idher se foran chalay jain i have called the police. My father asked us all to leave. Some ******** events happened last night ....... Anyways like i said the deal is therefore cancelled so i am again looking for the car now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry guys i drove mira. But it was crap. seriously, the doors rattle and the build quality was same as cuore so why should one buy a expensive cuore. Pick was no better. So left the choice of getting mira. And this sunday went to check a few more cars. Had a deal with a guy of jap alto 660. Deal was finalized for 6.20. Car was in good condition 2005 model, imported and registered in 2008. We told him that we will give money tomorrow ie on monday. Now on monday he started acting all weird. We asked that we wanted our mechanic to have a look at it so can you bring the car to melody market. He said okay and then while we waited for an hour he turned off his cellphone. Afterwards he told that you have to come over to my house in e11. So we went there. When we went there he said i wont let the mechanic drive. And started acting all wierd. IDK what happened to him. Then he started misbehaving with my father saying what are you doing you are wasting my time gari leni nahi hoti to a kyun jatay ho, my father said kia hum log mechanic ko check na karain lenay se pehlay. There he said ajeeb ajeeb things like paisay hain nahi waisay hi time pass kar rahay ho, wheras we took all the cash with us 6.20. Mujhay aur meray bhai ko us time bara ghusa aya and he punched the guy right away in his car porch. I took a shot too. But my father and mechanic stopped me. And abu jee ne usi time rakh ke moon pe chappair mari meray aur meray bhai ke. He just then went inside and andar se message karta hai meray abu ke cellphone pe ke i am not selling the car to u guys. Idher se foran chalay jain i have called the police. My father asked us all to leave. Some ******** events happened last night ....... Anyways like i said the deal is therefore cancelled so i am again looking for the car now
    ohhh... felt really bad after reading this. actually there may be some big issues in that car thats why he didnt let your mechanic to check his car.

back to mira, in which model u took the test drive? are the windows slightly or completely open? what was the condition of that car?

as u say its doors rattle so yes it happens in mine mira also but only when the windows are open. and about acceleration so mines acceleration is good for city drive and enough for 660cc engine. for build quality i will say that its better than the local cuore.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Customized (from factory) Miras from Japan rock. The average miras are crap and feel pathetic. I have driven 2010, 2006. both manual. and alto 2008 auto. Alto was better than both but the best 660 cars after seeing a lot of cars in local market in LHR I ve found Mitsubishi EK to be the best. N I ve bought one from RWP in manual transmission. Now I am not making tall claims here. But this car is more comfortable and has more features than the current Reborn. Maybe EKs do not come with sunroof. Apart from that It has more features than the local reborn and far more comfortable. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a 660 cc.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^yes Honda Life and Some turbocharged ugly looking 660 cc from Daihatsu I have not tried. I am sure Honda wud be good but m bored of Hondas as i am already having one.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Customized (from factory) Miras from Japan rock. The average miras are crap and feel pathetic. I have driven 2010, 2006. both manual. and alto 2008 auto. Alto was better than both but the best 660 cars after seeing a lot of cars in local market in LHR I ve found Mitsubishi EK to be the best. N I ve bought one from RWP in manual transmission. Now I am not making tall claims here. But this car is more comfortable and has more features than the current Reborn. Maybe EKs do not come with sunroof. Apart from that It has more features than the local reborn and far more comfortable. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a 660 cc.
    all the custom cars rock, i have seen subaru stella custom, mira custom etc they were supercharged with a lot of features. Shape was a bit different too. but unfortunately there are a very few of them available in rwp/isb.
    Anyways can you tell me a little bit more about you EK. And if you dont mind can you PM me for how much you bought it, from where and import details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PMed u the price. it has all the features that a fully loaded Alto has like Airbags, adjustable headlights, retractable mirrors.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL happening weekend.. anyway i think the mira you drove might not be in a good shape, otherwise its a pretty reasonable and impressive ride !

Pax
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've also bought the two door Mira 2007, manual. The engine is the 250 LV one. For the first two hundred miles I've gotten a fuel economy of 14.5 km's per liter, the heater was on for most of the time though. Slightly disappointed with it to be honest, however, i'm hoping that the fuel economy will improve after some tuning. I'll post the mileage again after the tank empties!

btw, do the 2006 and 2007 models have the same engines?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Mira fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by imtiaz5 View Post
    now that time is over when CNG cost for 1 km was rs 2-/.
    my diahtasu cost me Rs 3.5 / km in my first drive on petrol. CNG is not good option in this car. its petrol consumption is very good as for as economy is concerned as it is 660 cc.
    I am also a satisfied user of Mira 2007, auto transmission model. Its pleasure to drive this car. About fuel economy, it would be meaningless to mention it in terms of Cost per KM as the fuel cost is going up with every next tank full. So I suggest you mention it in terms of KMs/Litre. Mine is giving 18 KMs/ per litter on long drive without AC. I have read it at another forum that it should give more than 22. Anybody able to give his fuel consumption on Mira?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also planning to import Mira in the budget of 7Lac. Any suggestion?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looking forward for a steering gear 07-08-09 Mira, Any one has insight please lemme noe.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This car is available in one of the Car Dealers in Commercial Market, Rawalpindi near Bank of Punjab. He is demanding 800,000. But may final in 7.5, it is one of the most irresistible vehicles that I have seen.

Diahtsu Mira -371203

Diahtsu Mira -371204

Diahtsu Mira -371205

Diahtsu Mira -371206

Diahtsu Mira -371207

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akhterrasool View Post
    This car is available in one of the Car Dealers in Commercial Market, Rawalpindi near Bank of Punjab. He is demanding 800,000. But may final in 7.5, it is one of the most irresistible vehicles that I have seen.

Diahtsu Mira - 371203

Diahtsu Mira - 371204

Diahtsu Mira - 371205

Diahtsu Mira - 371206

Diahtsu Mira - 371207
    m also planning to go for this car.Its interior and exterior is amazing
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so lovely model of this it's lovely.
    Search Rent Karachi on Facebook and Like it Please

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    m also planning to go for this car.Its interior and exterior is amazing
    Honestly i was all set to buy and was very excited . But next day one of my friends, who is in business of vehicles, told me not to go for it. Since no part is available and no resale. The latter can be compromised but the first issue is very difficult to ignore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

User Tag List