Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Altis 1.6 or Civic which one to buy

Dear all!

I was planning to purchase Altis 1.6 A/T SR next month. But booking was closed and launch was delayed. The other option will be Civic but its new model on its way.
    Please suggest what to do? buy civic or wait for Altis?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    I do not agree that Altis failed. You see less number of Altis as compared to Xli and Gli because people prefer 1300cc cars as 1800cc is heavy on pocket. Corolla fans go for 1300cc models rather than 1800cc. There is no Civic in 1300cc, hence people have to buy 1800cc Civic.
    Altis is far more durable and fuel economic car as compared to Civic. I am saying this because I have experienced it myself. My Altis has done 340,000 Km with its genuine engine, still going strong. Fuel average is around 12 Km/L.
    My illiterate stupid driver drove it for a month with 1/4 engine oil and empty radiator. Still it survived.
    Though I am planing to buy Honda City this time but still thumbs up to the durability and reliability of Toyota.
    +1.How can they say that its failed or flopped?Lesser sales doesnt mean its flopped.PEople buy 1.3 because it has the same shape but those who want power buy altis
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic

without annnnnnnny confusion

no prob with cng even

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not agree that Altis failed. You see less number of Altis as compared to Xli and Gli because people prefer 1300cc cars as 1800cc is heavy on pocket. Corolla fans go for 1300cc models rather than 1800cc. There is no Civic in 1300cc, hence people have to buy 1800cc Civic.
    Altis is far more durable and fuel economic car as compared to Civic. I am saying this because I have experienced it myself. My Altis has done 340,000 Km with its genuine engine, still going strong. Fuel average is around 12 Km/L.
    My illiterate stupid driver drove it for a month with 1/4 engine oil and empty radiator. Still it survived.
    Though I am planing to buy Honda City this time but still thumbs up to the durability and reliability of Toyota.
    Actually no.

The reason of Altis not getting sold is not because of Honda fans or toyota fans. Almost 80% people spending some Rs 1.8 Million put aside their fan boyism while buying a car.

Till today we see people buying Civic 1.8 inspite of its 5 year old shape and rumors of its new model. Whats the reason? Its not because those buyers are some sort of "FANS", its because after carefully comparing both the cars they go for the choice which they feel more pleasure giving and eye catching.

As for people preferring 1300cc over 1800, if this statement held truth then you would see less number of civic's aswell. But we see a civic 1.8 after every 2 cars passing [Atleast in Lahore]. Now a days you see less 1.6/1.5 but more 1.8s on the road so people not affording is not the case. Those people who cannot afford 1.8 donnot even consider civic or Altis.

But people going for 1800cc vehical prefer CIVIC more and hence we see more civic's on the road rather then altis inspite of their same price and more driving aids in corolla [Triptronic/Cruise control]

If we compare Honda Civic Sales vis-a-vis Corolla Altis, then Civic outsells it hands down.

Lastly, if Corolla Altis was even a "little" hit then Indus would be introducing a new 1.8 Altis with ZR engine instead of 1.6.

To top it all, Altis 1.8 has suffered an agonizing death and thus Indus is trying to regain its market share by introducing 1.6 and abandoning 1.8
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use a taxi for now....new models will be out soon...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

people prefer corolla xli,gli is cuz its cheaper & good on cng now if we talk about altis .people prefer to go for civic . correct me if im wrong

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The corolla is dull ,cramped and its just so common. my money will always be with the civic and who says its any less reliable i drove my 2003 vti for 250000kms (150000 on cng) and i didnt need to spend a penny on repairs

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

people will go for reliable and economical car and 1.6 is the best bet for there pockets, i will see when their will be another hike of 10pkr/liter of petrol people will definitely prefer 1.6 over 1.8 period.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    people will go for reliable and economical car and 1.6 is the best bet for there pockets, i will see when their will be another hike of 10pkr/liter of petrol people will definitely prefer 1.6 over 1.8 period.
    +1
    Aunda Fan

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OP is just one day old and just 1 reply at this given point of time
    i am smelling some thing fishy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u really can't wait for new civic then go for altis. Buying old civic is not suitable. Altis is more fuel efficient then current civic but In the end I would suggest that new civic will be the best deal !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Actually no.

The reason of Altis not getting sold is not because of Honda fans or toyota fans. Almost 80% people spending some Rs 1.8 Million put aside their fan boyism while buying a car.

Till today we see people buying Civic 1.8 inspite of its 5 year old shape and rumors of its new model. Whats the reason? Its not because those buyers are some sort of "FANS", its because after carefully comparing both the cars they go for the choice which they feel more pleasure giving and eye catching.

As for people preferring 1300cc over 1800, if this statement held truth then you would see less number of civic's aswell. But we see a civic 1.8 after every 2 cars passing [Atleast in Lahore]. Now a days you see less 1.6/1.5 but more 1.8s on the road so people not affording is not the case. Those people who cannot afford 1.8 donnot even consider civic or Altis.

But people going for 1800cc vehical prefer CIVIC more and hence we see more civic's on the road rather then altis inspite of their same price and more driving aids in corolla [Triptronic/Cruise control]

If we compare Honda Civic Sales vis-a-vis Corolla Altis, then Civic outsells it hands down.

Lastly, if Corolla Altis was even a "little" hit then Indus would be introducing a new 1.8 Altis with ZR engine instead of 1.6.

To top it all, Altis 1.8 has suffered an agonizing death and thus Indus is trying to regain its market share by introducing 1.6 and abandoning 1.8
    I do not agree to a single argument of yours. As far as eye catching thing is concerned, I find Altis far more aggressive and beautiful than Civic. Civic seems to me like a pregnant b.i.t.c.h. But again, beauty is in the eye of the viewer. Hence it is a personal choice.
    Just one question. If Civic is available in two kind of engines. One is 1800cc and the other one is 1600cc. 1600cc being less costly and more fuel economical. Most of the people will buy 1600cc or 1800cc?
    Of course people will buy 1600cc Civic, no doubt in it. Same is the case with Altis. Toyota has provided same Corolla car in 1300cc and hence people are buying it. I can bet that if there is no Corolla in 1300cc category, and Corolla is available only in 1800cc. And people have to choose between Corolla and Civic, then more than 80% share would go to Corolla.
    For proof, just go to PAMA website and see the market share of 'Corolla' and 'City plus Civic' both together.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not agree to a single argument of yours. As far as eye catching thing is concerned, I find Altis far more aggressive and beautiful than Civic. Civic seems to me like a pregnant b.i.t.c.h. But again, beauty is in the eye of the viewer. Hence it is a personal choice.
    Just one question. If Civic is available in two kind of engines. One is 1800cc and the other one is 1600cc. 1600cc being less costly and fuel economical. Most of the people will buy 1600cc or 1800cc?
    +1
    lol at pregnant ***** but its true.Its so fat and wide.Definitely if there will be both 1.6 and 1.8 in civic.Most of the people will buy 1.6 .YOu can figure out when eagle eye was available in exi 1.5 and 1.6 vti.Most of the sales were of exi.Vti was successful but not as exi.And i can bet it there will be premio or some other design car instead of altis,Civic would not be having enough sales and also if corolla will not be available in 1.3 ,most of the poeple will buy altis over civic .
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic is coming in feb 2012 with 2000 cc engine and price going upto 24 lacs as told by a honda official. toyota cantt motors are saying that new altis 1.6 and gli 1.6 are being launched on 15th may i.e. next sunday

now letc c
    heard that altis is coming with new cool features such as auto wiper sensor n stuff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdalian5780 View Post
    civic is coming in feb 2012 with 2000 cc engine and price going upto 24 lacs as told by a honda official. toyota cantt motors are saying that new altis 1.6 and gli 1.6 are being launched on 15th may i.e. next sunday

now letc c
    heard that altis is coming with new cool features such as auto wiper sensor n stuff.
    Its confirmed to come with
    1:Fog lights
    2:Retractable mirrors
    3:New Information cluster with Economy zone as well
    4:Fog lights
    5:GLi automatic will 1.6 Dual VVTi also
    6:6 Speed MT and 4 Speed ECT
    7:Rain sensing wipers
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@op new GLI automatic is coming with 1.6 dual vvti and it will priced 16.50 -17 .So i suggest you to wait for 15 may and if it launched buy it and have fun with balanced performance and fuel economy
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no new civic coming in feb 2012. It will come after Sept 2012 and it wont be 2.0. And yes my source isnt low level Honda dealers or lower management of Honda Atlas. It comes all the way from the top. I also told everyone way back in 2010 that no facelift was planned but people didn't believed. Just see where we are now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    There is no new civic coming in feb 2012. It will come after Sept 2012 and it wont be 2.0. And yes my source isnt low level Honda dealers or lower management of Honda Atlas. It comes all the way from the top. I also told everyone way back in 2010 that no facelift was planned but people didn't believed. Just see where we are now
    +1
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

purely depends upon usage, if you drive on good roads then civic, if you drive on katcha pukka than altis
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir ur agreeing or disagreeing wont change the fact that altis failed...the thing is liana is a good car aswell nd value for money but it's still a flop so flop is a flop..!........

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Can you tell me how civic is more comfortable than corolla?and how civic is more fuel efficient than corolla?
    @op go for Altis as it will be same for atleast 3 years where as civic will be changed .
    dont want to start it but comfort of rolla is better just cuz of its steering but eco of rolla isnt goood at all...!

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    all the companies have officialy shifted to 1.8....nd coming back to 1.6 is a pain in *** for them since they have to do so many things...sO its stupidity to shift back to 1.6......nd ppl would like more power...thats the trend we see in pakistan...so wen they are getting 1.8 in the same price but with less specs..they will go for 1.8....nd the ppl that are worried abt petrol prices..converts their cars to CNG....which is far cheaper than petrol..nd eco friendly aswell..!
    The Flag is the Embodiment, not of Sentiment, but of History.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaXuN View Post
    sir ur agreeing or disagreeing wont change the fact that altis failed...the thing is liana is a good car aswell nd value for money but it's still a flop so flop is a flop..!........

dont want to start it but comfort of rolla is better just cuz of its steering but eco of rolla isnt goood at all...!

all the companies have officialy shifted to 1.8....nd coming back to 1.6 is a pain in *** for them since they have to do so many things...sO its stupidity to shift back to 1.6....nd the ppl that are worried abt petrol prices..converts their cars to CNG....which is far cheaper than petrol..nd eco friendly aswell..!
    Not only steering but comforty seats and suspension on which all people agrees.And economy is still better than civic dunt want to start fight but want to give facts.
    Altis Highway:14-15 km/l
    City 9-11km/l
    Civic Highway 13-15 km/l
    City 7-9 km/l max
    Also cruise control gives comfort on highway
    Aunda Fan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List