Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: If you were in my place, what will you do?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default If you were in my place, what will you do?

Assalamallaikum, Dear fellows, I have a budget of 475,000 and i want to buy a vehicle that can give me best value of my budget. Before recommending, Please read following points as you will know where i am standing at.

1. I am a new bie, i mean this will be my very first vehicle, I dont even know how to drive a car.(I may need to take some friend with me who will drive car at my home with me first. lol, may be funny for you but its fact) I dont know how to maintain a car either.
    2. I am not a rich person, i mean the budget I have mentioned is hard earned money )
    3. I live in a well populated area or Faisalabad, not a colony. You know galian, mohalla, tang more etc etc.
    4. Do you think i should wait a few months and gather some more money to get a better vehcile? btw I dont know why but most people say your first vehicle shoudn't be very expensive.
    5. Last, I dont like MEHRAN or Khyber.. So please recommend any thing but mehran.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro go for Margalla GLX.... because:

1- A Sedan Car in Price of Hatch.
    2- Fully Loaded e.g Power Steering,Windows,Mirrors.
    3- Parts available at every Auto Parts shops and in every city.
    4- Parts are very cheap as compare to 1300 CC Sedan.
    5- Nice Road Grip and Braking.
    6- Comfortable and Beautiful Interior.
    7- Very Chill AC if properly serviced.
    8- Beautiful Exterior.
    9- Unbelievable Mileage.
    10- Mechanic said "CNG bani hi Margalla K liye hai"

Now the Ball is in yr Court
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smartdevil thanks for suggestion bro but again margalla is too old.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by webprincegenius View Post
    Assalamallaikum, Dear fellows, I have a budget of 475,000 and i want to buy a vehicle that can give me best value of my budget. Before recommending, Please read following points as you will know where i am standing at.

1. I am a new bie, i mean this will be my very first vehicle, I dont even know how to drive a car.(I may need to take some friend with me who will drive car at my home with me first. lol, may be funny for you but its fact) I dont know how to maintain a car either.
    2. I am not a rich person, i mean the budget I have mentioned is hard earned money (Hallal Ki Kamai)
    3. I live in a well populated area or Faisalabad, not a colony. You know galian, mohalla, tang more etc etc.
    4. Do you think i should wait a few months and gather some more money to get a better vehcile? btw I dont know why but most people say your first vehicle shoudn't be very expensive.
    5. Last, I dont like MEHRAN or Khyber.. So please recommend any thing but mehran.

what is that supposed to mean? kindly dont make such rash and unnecessary comments, we're sure you earn halaal kamai, but so do the rest of us, so such comments arent really appreciated.

No hard feelings
    Reliable, Fast, Cheap....Pick two

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@webprincegenius

I would suggest you to buy a new car because even a car older than 5 years will require visits to the mechanic and trust me that will not be a good experience for a person who is not familiar with regular issues.

And a new car in your budget is unfortunately a mehran.

Regarding your questions about the coure is that yes it has good space in the interior and it's ac is just fine nothing special in it. For city driving i don't think the ac would help much.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster

well when u have limited budget and you want every thing..in it..then let me tell you this is not possible

having limited budget is never an issue ..but selecting a car always is

as if you r getting car for the first time

i will suggest you to go for suzuki cars in start..not very expensive ....but learn in..and get to know about cars.....as you get ore money sell it and get the 1 you think will be a better option at that time

currently in 475k

you can buy alot of cars....

a 95 civic is a good car..but as its comfort level is good and rest of the thing.. maintenance is high as well..so i will never recommend you to get a 95

better buy a khyber or up model alto..or any thing which is zero meter works .....get used to them...once you get good grip on cars parts and functions ..then sell and decide any car u want
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your best bet is to get a brand new car whether you like to get that within current budget or can wait until you have more resources.

If you get a well maintained Alto, Khyber, Santro (as per fellow Pakwheelers) that would be great but if not then you'll be stuck for life. Don't get a used vehicle until you are sure of its complete condition.

If you don't like Mehran because of its AC then get a non-AC version and install an aftermarket one that can chill you out but of course you'll have to compromise on speed and pick.

Last but not least, HALAL KI KAMAI in your post reference is an offensive term. Many of the Pakwheelers, including me, are just like you but that doesn't necessarily mean the person who have a bunch of money is actually using illegal resources to earn.
    Life is a Highway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u guys are taking the haq halal ki kamai thing in the wrong context here or probably he didnt express it the right way
    i witness people who can easily afford to change cars every year with there income.
    on the other hand i have seen people who save 5k to 10k rupees per month for years just to buy a car. there is alot of difference.

anyways, since its ur first car, most probably u wont know how to fix it/repair it/ get something in good condition.stay away from old busted cars. i still say Alto or cuore will suit u best

peace
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP - dont go for new car. chances are you will badly abuse ur car since u will learn how to drive on it. i made mistake of buying new car an learnt on it. sadly the car needed so many repairs after i was done learning on it that i was forced to sell it. u will most probably not know when to shift gears, this would make car rev hard in initial gears and put loads of burden on the car. also there are so many things that you would over look being a new driver. but the biggest drawback is when ur car get scratched. i remember i got so upset after my first dent that (although it was very minor) that i didnt drive for a month. so buy old car, get a cuore (coz u mention u have to take it to small and congested places) and learn. then when u r confident u can sell ur car and get a brand new one.
    one advice if u buy a used car, get its brake serviced 9coz as new driver u will probably be using a lot of it) and harden the brake and accelerator pedal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well first of all, i have removed the word haq hallal from my comment as it seemed to be offensive for some members here, although i didnt put it in the context in which some members took it. Actually hash4u is right, what i wanted to say is that it took me a lot time to gather this money but even then am sorry if any one here even remotely got hurt by my words.
    Now about topic, I am really thankful about all the replies. apparently now i have the following cars in my choice now (Short Listed)
    1. Cuore
    2. Alto
    3. Cultus (i have seen a few in local market in arround 475~500k)
    Following is my research regarding these cars, please correct me if i am wrong as i am a new bie and market people could have given me wrong info.

1. Cuore is well in my budget I have researched that i can get 2005~06 or even 07 in under 475K
    2. Alto is also well in my budget and again i get get 2005 to 2007 model in my budget
    3. A few Cultus cars in the market (2001 ~ 03) fall into my budget but i am not very sure as being a new bie i dont know what to see in a car. They may look good from out side but their engines may not be that good.

Now this rases a few questions
    1. What do you suggest i should go with, A 2006 cuore/alto or a 2002 Cultus?
    2. I often has to travel from Faisalabad to Lahore which is a approx. 200Km drive on motorway. What is the maximum safe speed of cuore, alto and cultus? when i say safe speed, i mean the speed on which you feel you have full control on your car.
    For instance most of my friends say Mehran has a safe speed of 80Km/h and over that you no longer feel that safe. as we all know on motorway, speed limit is 120km/h so in short how much portion of that speed limit i can use in cuore, alto and cultus safely.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well first of all, i have removed the word haq hallal from my comment as it seemed to be offensive for some members here, although i didnt put it in the context in which some members took it. Actually hash4u is right, what i wanted to say is that it took me a lot time to gather this money but even then am sorry if any one here even remotely got hurt by my words.
    Now about topic, I am really thankful about all the replies. apparently now i have the following cars in my choice now (Short Listed)
    1. Cuore
    2. Alto
    3. Cultus (i have seen a few in local market in arround 475~500k)
    Following is my research regarding these cars, please correct me if i am wrong as i am a new bie and market people could have given me wrong info.

1. Cuore is well in my budget I have researched that i can get 2005~06 or even 07 in under 475K
    2. Alto is also well in my budget and again i get get 2005 to 2007 model in my budget
    3. A few Cultus cars in the market (2001 ~ 03) fall into my budget but i am not very sure as being a new bie i dont know what to see in a car. They may look good from out side but their engines may not be that good.

Now this rases a few questions
    1. What do you suggest i should go with, A 2006 cuore/alto or a 2002 Cultus?
    2. I often has to travel from Faisalabad to Lahore which is a approx. 200Km drive on motorway. What is the maximum safe speed of cuore, alto and cultus? when i say safe speed, i mean the speed on which you feel you have full control on your car.
    For instance most of my friends say Mehran has a safe speed of 80Km/h and over that you no longer feel that safe.
    you can travel maximum a1 120km.h speed. cuore can do that without any trouble. even mehran can do that (but brakes are an issue). cultus has better engine than both cuore and mehran (the new efi is even better). i have taken a cultus to 140km/h on motorway on CNG without much fuss. if u plan to drive within speed limit of 120km.h then even mehran is not an issue.
    however try to get a 2006-2007 cure instead of a 2002 cultus.
    newer car = less road side drama.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any when else to comment?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    @poster
    why u people write haq halal ki qamae everyone has hard earned money!! so plzz

umm.. I have to disagree with u...
    All hondas, toyotas same paki crap stuff, liana is a better offr bt th prob z dat v live in a very materialistc society,wid liana ur a suzuki which is thumb down for certain ppl.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Santro ---out of production.expensive maintenance etc.
    Alto---good car but a bit expensive compact. dec05 model registered in 06 was sold for 5 lakh.
    coure--- more compact. less spacious etc etc.
    cultus-- 05 i got for 5.4 lak.more power ac etc etc..
    daewoo also can be get for around 2 se 3 lak.
    charade is also good 2 drive if kpt properly
    mehran jst lik honda 70 cash deposit.jb chaho sale kr doo.....hard cash hai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all u cant get a 07 model of cuore in this budget but can get 05 model.u can get alto of 05 model which is better then cuore as its 1000 cc so ac is good then mehran and cuore.u can also get santro 03,04 model easily, better then alto parts are not the issue but dont go for cultus as ur budget is not enough for this car and u cant get a clean cultus.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smartdevil thanks for suggestion bro but again margalla is too old.
    yar the only reasons why you can call it old are that it has been discontinued and it doesnt have blings like crystal lights. 80% of the parts are the same as cultus. just drive a margalla and you wont want to touch anything else
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for a SANTRO GV
    its small, can face galian, its fast, its 999cc, ac& cng performance is good as compared to others.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all the way go for mehran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Alto is the best choice.

Bhai, I have first hand experience of many years of each of these cars except Cuore, but also have some experience of driving friend's / relatives Cuores.
    I'm not showing off, just giving you confidence to believe in my suggestion. To me you have an almost good enough budget and since I know all these cars pretty well, the choice is clear to me.

Your best choice is to get an Alto. Jitna bhi naya model tak aap kay budget main milti hai lay lo. Checking condition / price etc is your responsibility but here are the plus points because of which i'm making this recommendation. Hope this clears up your mind and makes the choice easier.

Alto has better and bigger interior space than Cuore & Mehran
    Alto has good rugged and bigger engine (1000cc)
    It will easily manage 120-130 on petrol and 110-120 on CNG on motorway
    It has a good AC
    It has good mileage on CNG
    It's exterior and interior looks are much better than Mehran / Cuore
    It's small / medium in size so you wouldn't have any problem parking / reversing or moving through crowded areas and small inroads.

Only bad points are fuel mileage on Petrol isn't good (approx 10-11 km max)
    Sometimes self takes long tries to start.

None of these issues is a dealbreaker. Self ka problem aadat ho janay par aur practice say theek ho jata hai, aur petrol par zyada chalana hi nahin.

Even though I have tried my best to convince you, do share at the end which car you end up buying and remember, getting the right condition car in the right price budget is your responsibility. So don't hurry into the purchase decision when you find a car.

I never type such long replies and suggestions, but since you have collected your money over a long time, i'm trying my best to get you to spend in a worthwhile manner.
    Most cars in Pakistan are twin turbo. Turbo 1=Turn AC OFF. Turbo 2=Switch Car from CNG to Petrol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Margalla is too old, Cuore is the second best choice but slightly expensive and too small. I personally dont think you can get a good condition 2006-7 less than 600k. Cultus is the best small car but one costing you around 450k wouldn't be in a good condition and would be too problematic. Mehran, don't even think about it. Santro is good as well, but yes uncomfortable seats and out of production. Alto is better than Santro. Dolphin Civic would require work and slightly high maintenance and not at all the right "first car".
    Most cars in Pakistan are twin turbo. Turbo 1=Turn AC OFF. Turbo 2=Switch Car from CNG to Petrol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And no offence meant to brother who suggested Margalla. Margalla was an excellent car and in my experience on petrol, no car from its time picks up faster than margalla in first gear. But it's a sedan (need more space) and with body / rust / engine overhauling issues most probably coming into play after so many years + consider the hassle of finding such a good margalla, it doesn't seem like the optimal choice for this person + also not the right car to learn driving on. To learn driving, banday kay paas hatchback hi honi chahiye

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List