4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet JOY.. a failure???

On the 6th of March 2006, i went to Chevrolet City Motors to inquire about Chevy JOY, at that time i was looking to buy a new vehicle. According to my visit then, the delivery time was 10 days, there was 'no' own on the car while the price was 5.85lac. They took my contact number and since that day i am continuously receiving calls from them, as if they are begging to us 'sir please khareed lain'...

After 1 week they called me that the delivery time is now 3 days only and there isnt any own on the vehicle.. please visit and see... i said i will and didnt went.

After 2 weeks they called me that FF CNG has been introduced and the price is 6.33lac... please come and see...

After 3 weeks they called me that 'sir a new color has been introduced, its a golden beige color, aa ke dekhain garee bhot achee lag rahee hay is color main'...

After 4 weeks they called me 'sir kia socha aap nay???' i said im still confused about its spares and maintenance cost, he said the maintenance would cost you the same as santro...

Now yesterday they called me that sir the fully loaded FF CNG JOY is now 5.99lac instead of 6.33...... a 34 thousand descend in the price... please come and see

Its the only company which is begging to sell its product... i dont know why people arent buying it.. personally i think its a bit overpriced but keeping in mind that people pay 6lac to buy a cuore, why dont people go for JOY??? as compared 600 QQs have been sold already..

opinions required....
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

personally i think this car is really overpriced i would prefer cultus and alto over this car. besides this as JOY is something new in market so this doesnt have any resale so this is the reason why even investors are staying away from this car so this is the reason of low sales. if prices are reduced by 1 lac then i think it can be a great success as size wise it is comparable to alto.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think no one will buy this car for 6 lac price tag
    Moderators' attitude / role should be "live and let live", or, "post and let post", rather than "Close, Move and Delete the post"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It seems that the market is just taking a turn in the customer's favor.Libralization of import of used vehicles by the Govt.seems to be a right step, the market is becoming more n more competitive with time.Substantial decrease in own money can also be seen.One can expect Decline in the prices of cars as had been witnessed in the case of bikes due to the entry of china stuff ending the monoply of major players honda and yamaha.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The car would have better sales if thhe import laws were unchanged.

TOO MUCH OVER PRICED
    Any imported car at lowest rates - 03212081982 - msn/email asim@handh.biz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think price should be around

5 - 5.10
    Moderators' attitude / role should be "live and let live", or, "post and let post", rather than "Close, Move and Delete the post"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UsmanAnsari
    The same thing happened to me but thats not a failure sir...
    Its just that you're putting them off...thats it...Say them once that you're not interested in their product anymore...See if you receive any more calls from them...
    When i was about to buy my Chevy i went to Chevy Lahore Motor (previously known as Continetnal Lahore Motors) to have info on this car. I gave them my contact no.
    Later on i changed the idea of buying car from them. They did call me but i told them straight away that i'm no interested anymore and i never received any call again.

Its just a marketing typo thing...They don't wanna lose any customer. If you say them no and still they contact you then its begging but thats not.
    They are just updating you with the features of Chevy.
    I hope thats solved the mystery.
    People are buying it and there are many a many Joys on roads of Lahore. Its jsut that its a new product. Ppl in Pak are more concerned with resale then the comfort the car offers (you might be very much fimiliar with this pshyco-stuff).
    Thats the reason.
    Its just that they don't want to lose any customer...Thats it...Not a failure...
    About it being overpriced...
    Its come to compete Santro and with featuers of Exec GV its price tag is even less than that of Club GV...
    Plus comfort is there which is lacking in Santro.
    Best Regards,
    Best Regards,
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i totally agree with wik_a ..
    A pirate I was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the sea!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wik_a

your point is valid... BUT... its quite obviuous that i have "informed" them that i already have two cars.... still they want me to come and see it once...

on the other hand it may be a success story in lahore but in karachi you only see 800cc exclusives... no JOY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah joy is a big failure in khi,,,,,plus santro has also failed........no one is buying santro...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usmanansari!
    Firstly your topic doesn't tell anywhere that you told them you already had 2 cars and not interested in any more...
    what i've deduced from your post is that you were just putting them off...i quote you here:

"After 1 week they called me that the delivery time is now 3 days only and there isnt any own on the vehicle.. please visit and see... i said i will and didnt went."

"After 4 weeks they called me 'sir kia socha aap nay???' i said im still confused about its spares and maintenance cost, he said the maintenance would cost you the same as santro..."

and in my opinion they were just telling about the new and upgraded features to a prospective customer. thats it.

I don't know about your qualification but if you hold a business or marketing degree then fewer number of cars shudn't bother you much.
    U should consider following things and then deduce a result:
    1- The brand 'Chevrolet' is new for majority as everyone was not able to afford Caprice and Impala in previous decades. Plus the Chevy was known for its high fuel consumptions as Caprice and Impala used to come with heavy engines above 5.0l or so.

2- People here are very much concerned about 're-sale' stuff. This is the major factor here in Pak that determines the success of a product.

3- People are more concerned about its spare parts availability. They've other established options like hyundai, suzuki, daihatsu that comes with mini cars with spare parts accessible everywhere.

4- Exclusive also took its time to establish. A 0.8l car and an imported one can make its repute then why a local car can't...A local car solves the problems of spares, resale to a very significant extent.

The only thing that is required is to give some TIME to establish. Its come to compete with Santro which is very much well-established in Pakistan. I don't think that its overpriced...Compare its features with Club GV and price too.
    So TIME is what Chevy needs.
    when i bought excluso i used to see 1 or 2 chevys in 3 dayz...but now i see many chevys daily. So it needs sometime.
    I hope its done.
    Best Regards,
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Overpriced, no way. Like Wik i am also unable to see any logic in your post.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There isnt anything personal about hating a JOY... i dont know y people become so personal about their cars ...

in the early March when i was looking for a car, at that time i had only 1. My company offered me a new car so i was looking for one. i visited hyundai, toyota, chevy, even about vitz and other dealers but chevy people are the only one who seems unable to loose a coming customer... thats a fact

now my company has given me a cultus, and i have informed chevy people on their last call, i dont need a car now, but still they want me to buy one...

as far as calling it a local car, i would like to add to your information, according to chevy people only 4 local things are used, berger paint, spark plugs, exide battery and general tyres... otherwise its all Korean... old daewoo matiz... so no need to compare it with other chevrolet vehcile, joy just have a chevy tag on it and thats all...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

totally agreeeee with wik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Usman
    Dear bro
    I don't know why you took it personal. In my post i don't see even a single comment that was about you. how come did i get personal with you?
    I only told you about the factors that were hindering the sales of Chevy presently.
    App bilawaja ghussay ho rahay ho...No body said anything about anybody. Just told you some facts.
    By Local Car i didn't mean that its gonna compete Revo in terms of spares manufacturing and all.
    By Local i meant spare parts ACCESSIBILITY (not Manufacturing) and re-sale. Kindly meri post ko perhain with EYES WIDE OPEN. Wonder why ppl brew up so early...
    Best Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'd also like to add to your information that Chevy Exclusive/Joy/Spark/Matiz differs a lot with its predecessor.
    Its got GM's Plastic Intake Manifold, Fuel Line System, GearBox and some other modifications. So its not that same OLD DAEWOO MATIZ.
    And if you're referring to Caprice and Impala then whats my fault if you didnt get my post correctly. I said that those ppl who know about Chevys they know of Bel Air, Caprice and Impala which used to come previously...thats it...Chevy Joy is a new car for them but from CHEVROLET LINE-UP. And by the way if the car has officialy been included in GM's Line-up then whats the heck? Daewoo is now a subsidiary of GM (i hope you're fimiliar with this news).
    I say sorry if you got offended by my any comment but in my view i refrained myself from getting personal.
    Best Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for the kind of money they're asking i'd suggest buying a vitz. no comparisson.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm quite impressed by the chevy actually. Makes it worth its price. It's smooth, literally soundless, very good quality overall, superb handling, excellent brakes, 16 miles to the litre (no ac) 14 (with ac), lots of power, roomy and has a turning radius better than a mehran, which is a big bonus is karachi parking and traffic. and top of this all you get side impact safety beams...It will sell itself, as with every new car people need time to get exposure to develop appreciation and hence then sales...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way how can you presume it a "failure" where the car has not been sat in the exam. I mean to say that first the car has to be properly entered into the market then we can say whether it is a success or failure.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar by the way I also went to look for a joy the car is really nice with all the features one want and its not over priced at all and I really liked it. My bro was buyin a cultus I told him to buy that but he said I dont like the shape other wise he liked the car too. Nice car but I have not seen many here in lahore and in Islamabad as well dont know why but car is (y) (y).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List