Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default fuel average dilemma - but power also needed

hi guys,

i currently have a 1.3L gli 2010... its a nice car... but pickup is average..especially when RPM drops below 2500rpm...otherwise i like the drive feel and fuel economy. i am getting 12.5km/ltr with AC on at all times within city (driving from pindi to islamabad mostly)...

anyway, my main question is, how much difference will i get in power vs economy if i go for:

-1.6 Altis
    -1.8 Civic

i want power, and fuel economy. 1.6 altis is hard to find at gud price without paying premium (i cant book car and wait for 3months delivery and cant pay the ON),.....

first have to sell gli and then get new car). so i am tilting more towards civic basic model in manual transmission...

please dont make it corolla vs civic thread...i am only asking what difference in fuel economy of 1.8 civic and 1.3 GLi...that is only question...

should i go for civic?

The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 1.8 2010 - 2011 Invoice Prices

I have prepared the following sheet; its missing few entries; will appreciate fellow PakWheelers to help me complete it. I am using it as reference while finding used Altis in market. Though sellers dont ask accordingly; but atleast I have some information to cross reference

2010-Jan2010-Jul2010-Sep2010-Dec2011-Jan2011-Mar
    Altis 1.8?1719?17401705?
    Altis 1.8 SR?1809?18301795?
    Altis 1.8 A/T?1809?18301790?
    Altis 1.8 SR A/T?1899?19201880?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lafafa
    say no to civic
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

theek hai bhai....no to civic it is then
    The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx lafafa for listening to democracy
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lafafa View Post
    hi guys,

i currently have a 1.3L gli 2010... its a nice car... but pickup is average..especially when RPM drops below 2500rpm...otherwise i like the drive feel and fuel economy. i am getting 12.5km/ltr with AC on at all times within city (driving from pindi to islamabad mostly)...

anyway, my main question is, how much difference will i get in power vs economy if i go for:

-1.6 Altis
    -1.8 Civic

i want power, and fuel economy. 1.6 altis is hard to find at gud price without paying premium (i cant book car and wait for 3months delivery and cant pay the ON),.....

first have to sell gli and then get new car). so i am tilting more towards civic basic model in manual transmission...

please dont make it corolla vs civic thread...i am only asking what difference in fuel economy of 1.8 civic and 1.3 GLi...that is only question...

should i go for civic?
    brother 1.6 altis is more fuel efficient than reborn i have an altis 1.8 it gives me 9km/l in city with ac in pindi and 10km/l in isloo. the thing is that reborn never gives above 8km/l in city wether wat conditions you apply altis engine is specially designed for power and economy but reborn is for power and style never for economy rest is your choice but surely reborn will have more power but 1.6 gli or altis is not bad either is resoanble acording to car size

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    I myself looking for such Altis; my shopping plan for Altis is simple...if Altis 1.8; then only its A/T version due to the presence of Tiptronic. And I will pay whats on the invoice; nothing more (if unregistered). If fail; then simply will book Altis M/T (will not buy Altis A/T due to absence of Tiptronic) and will book in the end of July or in the end of August when dust will be settled down and supplies will be back to normal. Many invested and poor genuine buyers are suffering. Will never pay any premium. Its neither Lamborghini nor the first 1000 or so cars are bearing any "Special Edition" badge that I should pay any premium for.

People selling 1.8 Altis are asking insanely...saw an ad on PW of top of line unregistered Altis 1.8 for 2.3 million. Wohoo, he must have installed gold platted rims or something. Hopefully with price reduction from next month I think many cars will soon land in road side showrooms selling on Invoice Prices.

Hahaha ......... Khurram you are genius. I have the same word when i saw this ad first time.......... Very very ........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Lafafa

one idea could be to rent the cars you have are confused about, rent them or ask any friend/relative for test drive and see how they feel, keep your options open, it could be that you might be willing to compromise a bit of economy for better driving pleasure (yea i m talking about civic .... )

Whatever you choose, good luck with that mate....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    It did. Even the current shape 1.8 engine is a 140HP engine but is detuned to 130HP. The previous 05-06 Altis had a 140HP engine. If you know engine code, you can check specs online
    Altis never came with 140 hp... It was 130 or 132.... wheter it is detuned or not, its not 140 horses IN PAKISTAN so get your facts straight.

and i agree 100% with imtiz_ahmed.
    How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot... The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    @Lafafa

one idea could be to rent the cars you have are confused about, rent them or ask any friend/relative for test drive and see how they feel, keep your options open, it could be that you might be willing to compromise a bit of economy for better driving pleasure (yea i m talking about civic .... )

Whatever you choose, good luck with that mate....
    +1; test driving before investing is must! Dont be shy asking the dealer, they arrange it especially if you go there in their competitor's car telling them you want to switch the brand but want to test drive it first

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List