Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 1.6 SR --Final Rundown

Hello All,

There has been a great debate around the forum about the pros and cons about two major Car Rivals. Yes I am talking about Honda Civic and Toyota Altis.
    So I decided to place all that I can, in black and white for all to see and come with their own ideas for improvement and for all like me who wish for an upgrade and are at cross roads of decision.

Please feel free to suggest our ideas and your Votes for the vehicles in comparison i.e

1. CIVIC ORIEL MANUAL
    2. CIVIC I-VTEC MANUAL
    3. ALTIS1.6 MANUAL (NON SR)

I have tried to compare the features as per my knowledge and understanding.
    Attachment Include the following
    1. Comparison Sheet
    2. Civic Interior
    3. Altis Interior
    4. Civic Odo Cluster
    5. Altis Cluster

PLEASE SUGGEST NEW IMPROVEMENTS AND ALSO YOUR VOTES

Regards

Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -255158 Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -255159 Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -255160 Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -255161 Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -255162

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Actually this is our mindset. "Har janay wali cheez ko salaam"
    In 2001 when the 7th gen Civic was launched, everyone disliked it.
    Simlilarly when the 8th gen was launched, people were all praise for the 7th gen Civic.
    So that is how it goes here.

Concerned about resale?
    Let me tell you something.
    A close friend bought a brand new Mehran VX in 2007 for 375k.
    The car was sold a couple of months back.
    5 years tokens were short.
    The car was roughly used.
    It had a couple of accidents and some scratches on the body and blah blah.
    And the best part is that it still sold for 410k in 2011.

BEAT THAT!
    A friend (Pakwheeler) brought a Civic 2000 in 1999 for 7,50,000. Sold it in 2011 and for?

11 LACS!

Why? It was in beautiful condition and was driven around 16000K due to being a 7th car
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Sami Alvi?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ffice:smarttags" name="City">ffice:smarttags" name="place">
    I never understand that why people consider Honda's suspension inferior to corolla, front suspension of both cars is same (same design).
    Toyota has Torsion beam at rear while civic has double wishbone.

Making a car suspension "jhatka free" has never been a problem for manufacturers and a lot of simple designs make up a comfortable bump free ride, the only trouble is bump proof suspension means the cars centre of gravity is been thrown all over the park, this is where an advanced suspension design (wish bone derivative) comes in handy as it would keep the centre of gravity balanced, the drawback would be a bit hard ride.
    In terms of driver’s car, control of the car is always important.
    When Honda ditched wishbone front suspension in favor of McPherson struts (starting 7th gen, the sole purpose being cost cutting) a lot of car enthusiasts thrashed Honda for this decision (the reason 6th gen and below cars were modded for racing purposes to success, which deteriorated after the introduction of struts from 7th gen onwards.
    Civic suspension (even now) is for a driving enthusiast who wants to enjoy the feel of the car (the same reason they have not introduced EPS in civic, so you can feel the wheels on the road)
    Saying Toyota's Suspension is superior than civic is very very incorrect, It is easier to maintain, no doubt about that.
    People would say toyota is for bad roads, then let me tell you that is not correct. Toyota suspension is simpler design there fore less parts and thus easier to maintain.

Have you ever noticed a lot of corollas involved in accidents where the witnesses or drivers say the car was out of control, suspension does play some part in it other than ABS and driving sense.

Please read about the suspension types online this would help us all understand more how suspensions work and how to choose a car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    ^ Sami Alvi?
    Yes
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    A friend (Pakwheeler) brought a Civic 2000 in 1999 for 7,50,000. Sold it in 2011 and for?

11 LACS!

Why? It was in beautiful condition and was driven around 16000K due to being a 7th car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes
    That car was in mind blowing condition. (Y)
    Never seen such a neat and clean 6th gen Civic.
    However I wont debate on the depriciation factor and the resale value of old cars in Pakistan.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

11 LACS!

us bande ki common sense ko daat daini paray gee jisne 12 saal purani ghari 11 lakh ki laili just because it was in gud condition n 16k km driven....

idiot of the year.....
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

11 LACS!

2000 civic 1999 mai leli thi ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All three over priced
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

corolla anyday... honda civic reborn badly needs improvements in its suspension BADLY........ plus in city milage totaly sucks. currently having both 2010 reborn 1.8 vti pros and corolla 2009 1.8 cruise

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shapeesh View Post
    ffice:smarttags" name="City">ffice:smarttags" name="place">
    I never understand that why people consider Honda's suspension inferior to corolla, front suspension of both cars is same (same design).
    Toyota has Torsion beam at rear while civic has double wishbone.

Making a car suspension "jhatka free" has never been a problem for manufacturers and a lot of simple designs make up a comfortable bump free ride, the only trouble is bump proof suspension means the cars centre of gravity is been thrown all over the park, this is where an advanced suspension design (wish bone derivative) comes in handy as it would keep the centre of gravity balanced, the drawback would be a bit hard ride.
    In terms of driver’s car, control of the car is always important.
    When Honda ditched wishbone front suspension in favor of McPherson struts (starting 7th gen, the sole purpose being cost cutting) a lot of car enthusiasts thrashed Honda for this decision (the reason 6th gen and below cars were modded for racing purposes to success, which deteriorated after the introduction of struts from 7th gen onwards.
    Civic suspension (even now) is for a driving enthusiast who wants to enjoy the feel of the car (the same reason they have not introduced EPS in civic, so you can feel the wheels on the road)
    Saying Toyota's Suspension is superior than civic is very very incorrect, It is easier to maintain, no doubt about that.
    People would say toyota is for bad roads, then let me tell you that is not correct. Toyota suspension is simpler design there fore less parts and thus easier to maintain.

Have you ever noticed a lot of corollas involved in accidents where the witnesses or drivers say the car was out of control, suspension does play some part in it other than ABS and driving sense.

Please read about the suspension types online this would help us all understand more how suspensions work and how to choose a car.
    maybe ure right and i believe you.. just a year back i had craze for reborn so made my parents agree to have it but with a real time comparison with 1.8 corolla there are only two things which makes me hate civic so much... in reality civic suspension totally sucks.. my parents does not like it bumps it gives on countryside roads.. the whole car jerks and it feels like ure on a car with worst shock absorbers then the other thing its consumption.. man just 8km/l in city milage?? where corolla 1.8 gives u 10,11 and so is the case with highways. corolla is too fair with milage on highways. plus one morething corolla's 1.8 steering has a very softfeel u can even turn the car with one finger i dunno about 1.3's but the civic's is harder and its turning radius is also very large. but this is not really an issue for my because a civic's beauty can compensate that anyday.
    as far as my experience is concerned corolla altis is all in 1 car but civic is just a beauty u will have to rely on another economical and durbale car along with civic its not all in all

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zebmirza View Post
    maybe ure right and i believe you.. just a year back i had craze for reborn so made my parents agree to have it but with a real time comparison with 1.8 corolla there are only two things which makes me hate civic so much... in reality civic suspension totally sucks.. my parents does not like it bumps it gives on countryside roads.. the whole car jerks and it feels like ure on a car with worst shock absorbers then the other thing its consumption.. man just 8km/l in city milage?? where corolla 1.8 gives u 10,11 and so is the case with highways. corolla is too fair with milage on highways. plus one morething corolla's 1.8 steering has a very softfeel u can even turn the car with one finger i dunno about 1.3's but the civic's is harder and its turning radius is also very large. but this is not really an issue for my because a civic's beauty can compensate that anyday.
    as far as my experience is concerned corolla altis is all in 1 car but civic is just a beauty u will have to rely on another economical and durbale car along with civic its not all in all
    You know what, that was the point i was clearing out when i posted my essay .
    Civic is a city car hence "civic" it is not for rough roads because of sophisticated suspension. The car will try to keep it wheels in relation to the centre of the gravity. if you drive fast on rough roads the suspension which is stiff would make the ride bumpy, but the same time it would have more control.
    To turn a car with one fingure is never an achievement, to feel and i quote "you are the car the car is you" civic has retained the power assisted steering and not Electronic Power Steering as EPS tends to over soften the drive.
    The purpose of a petrol car with good (satisfactory) bhp is to enjoy the drive on a ROAD.

peace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zebmirza View Post
    corolla's 1.8 steering has a very softfeel u can even turn the car with one finger i dunno about 1.3's but the civic's is harderall
    Agreeed.
    The EPS in Corolla is too soft if compared with Civic's Power steering.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And I still prefer Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys look i still prefer 8th gen over altis nd honda supporters know the reasons,regarding 9th gen,sooooooo........a.t.m i'm not its supporter but but but let it be launched i'l surely get a 9th gen but in present scenario 8th gen seems betr than 9th gen specialy looks wise,9th gen looks choti choti.....
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 9th gen

Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -300534

isnt it looks like city 04?????
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at first glance frnt looks like current city's.

Civic Oriel Vs Civic i-Vtec Vs ALtis 16 SR --Final Rundown -300535

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guganali007 View Post
    us bande ki common sense ko daat daini paray gee jisne 12 saal purani ghari 11 lakh ki laili just because it was in gud condition n 16k km driven....

idiot of the year.....
    +.lol
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post

isnt it looks like city 04?????
    Very Correct !
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yet another post destined to hit 10000000 views and 10000 comments and ending up nowhere, other than at least 10 ppl hating each other at the end of the day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List