10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Legal Number Plate Chalan

my car's number plate is LRK 93, in the registration copy it states LRK 0093. During my recent visit to Islamabad, A roadblock at 8th Avenue asked me to show them the registration ... He said it was illegal to have wrong number on the plate.

I tried logically explaining to him that if 0093 is issued, there wouldn't be another 93 issued separately, so that doesn't make two cars bearing the same number. After a while, when I felt this was going nowhere, he was just wasting time as if he was waiting for some kickback. I asked him to put a chalan on this, or do whatever was legally required. ... He wrote my CNIC and my cell number on an unofficial notepad and allowed me to leave.

I don't want to break law or anything, ... If its required (for some odd reason) I'd do it, ... I just want to know the legal status of it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

totally agree with @Vaqas1
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down

A vehicle's registration plate is primarily for identification. It should conform to some national or international standard to assist the Police in identification. Its use as an anti-theft device is secondary. But in Pakistan it is now considered to be an anti-theft device first and identification as second. If an official licence plate is so important then the Police or government should also suggest some way of making sure that removing an offical licence plate is difficult. Here all you have to do is unscrew it and its yours. In countries like China, the licence plate is sealed to the car with screws which cannot be unscrewed without breaking a seal put in by the Police. That discourages theft of plates. As usual Pakistan has taken half steps in this direction; issued plates but made them easy to be lost or stolen.

And the number format should be 00x or 0xx or xxx. I would suggest using official plates with double nuts on the bolts to prevent theft.
    :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is Saudia the car plates are issued by the government and we are bound to use them, means no fancy plates are allowed. The old number plates have 3 digits along with three alphabets e.g

Legal Number Plate Chalan -273100

but before 3, 4 years they changed the number plates which includes arabic and english alphabets with 4 digits and 3 alphabets. as you can see in the above picture the number issued is 003 and he cannot change, but when his new number plate is issued it is 0003, its up to him that either he want with zeros of without, but in system it is written as 0003. eg.

Legal Number Plate Chalan -273101

Legal Number Plate Chalan -273102

He have to submit his number plate with zeros and then new number plate without zeros will be provided to him or at the time of registration he have to wait for the number plate without zeroes. but on Car registration book it is written without zeroes....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, after all the discussion, ... there isn't yet a conclusion. How can the law/procedures be accessed in this respect.

After all, if a law can't even be accessed, how could it be followed ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai, I paid Rs 13500 extra fee for {66} and not {066} ... So far no one has stopped me due to number plate issue ... but if anyone does, I am going to give him tough time.

People who spend Rs. 110,000 for No. 1 pay it for single digit and not 001

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    please invite sir khokar here , he can tell us better if he has orig QT 66 or QT 066, no?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My original number plates have never been installed ... A friend in Excise asked me to keep the original plates in safe custody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by law, in islamabad you MUST have your original (metal) number plates on your car if you wish to not get challans.

it may look cooler to make your own plates if you have a single or double digit plate, but if the cops want, they can stop you. this is why i wrote my "legal plates" comment in suneels corvette thread.

i know it's stupid but as we all know the laws apply to different people differently in PK.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List