Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Why New shaped Xli failed and Gli a big success??

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Why New shaped Xli failed and Gli a big success??

    Dear ali! Can anybody plz elaborate why
    The Old shaped Xli was a huge success that out of every 10th 1.3 toyota car, 9 cars were Xli and only 1 Gli BUT Nowadays out of every 10th 1.3L Toyota Car, almost 9 cars are Gli and only 1 Xli. this is rough observation but it shows the new Shaped Gli is a big success. Why??


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    istafa111's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    10,280
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Yes. its a strong reason. But diesel lovers are still buying it. Diesel ka maza he kuch aur hay . im having one and im lovin it
    Diesel lovers are in minority and most of them would not like to buy a car that is expensive than the petrol one, runs on an expensive fuel and whose maintenance cost is also higher. So I suppose, this is one of the biggest reason of 2.0D failing.

    I had one in 2010 and I loved her on the hills.
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

    www.alishbatours.com

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istafa111 View Post
    Diesel lovers are in minority and most of them would not like to buy a car that is expensive than the petrol one, runs on an expensive fuel and whose maintenance cost is also higher. So I suppose, this is one of the biggest reason of 2.0D failing.

    I had one in 2010 and I loved her on the hills.
    Yes bro. Its true. Fuel expense if diesel in too much. Thats y its sales are low as compared to petrol models. It works perfect on hills and long routes too.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    osakaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I still call it fail even peoples are buying like hot cakes if there are no airbags & other standard safety features.

    Peoples are buying that crap & think that ABS will do magic on Pakistani roads.May one avoid kissing someone's a** but his a** will be kissed for sure.
    These were standard options in 90s which Toyota offering now in Pakistan proudly.

    I know some corolla lovers will kill me but can't stop myself.They are buying those overpriced vehicles with no question asked about safety.feel sad to see & hear that.
    I hope there comes a day when cancer goes back to just being a zodiac sign

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    How 2.OD variant is failed ? this vareint of diesel is way better than prev one.
    Its the same variant (ie. Same 80s engine) so it cannot be any better in performance. And yes ive seen a strong decline of 2.0Ds on roads.

    People who used to buy 2.0Ds have shifted to Xli's and Gli's.
    Buying Diesel car isnt economical anymore in Pakistan.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @All! Is ABS the only reason of preferring Gli over Xli? I told that it's a rough estimate or observation but generally Gli is seen everywhere nowdays. I wonder if 1.6 Gli would be a success too because the people might now prefer Altis over Gli just like they preferred Gli over Xli because of some added features in a price diffrence of 1-1.5 lakh. what do you say guys??

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sjehsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    XLI Simply doesnt worth it!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    guganali007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    5,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    @All! Is ABS the only reason of preferring Gli over Xli? I told that it's a rough estimate or observation but generally Gli is seen everywhere nowdays. I wonder if 1.6 Gli would be a success too because the people might now prefer Altis over Gli just like they preferred Gli over Xli because of some added features in a price diffrence of 1-1.5 lakh. what do you say guys??
    NO!

    power window
    high mount stop lamp
    rear seat arm rest with cup holder
    coloured door mirrors
    central door locking
    4 speakers
    more colour options
    n at the end ABS

    These r the features which simply worth it...n these which gli have n xli dont have.....

    n yes people should prefer Altis MT over Gli 1.6 AT because price difference is 30k n they have added more features which is the solid reason to prefer Altis MT over Gli 1.6 AT......
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waleed80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,690
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    with the entry of Ecomatec now, i can almost assure u that the sales of Xli are gonna increase a lot as compared to Glis. our masoom and ignorant qaum wont go for a Honda City and blindly start purchasing Xlis. just watch

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    badar7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    994
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    1)xli has no colour option...(only black n white)
    2)no ABS.... (in last modal,both were without abs..,nw this is a big diff)
    3)no power windows (14.5 lac ki gari khareed k kisi ka dil nai karta k wo sheshay manualy uper niche kre)....ya 0 meter car mai alteration kr k 20k ki power windw lagae....

    4)and the most imp factor(the image of xli).... jab ek banda corolla laita h,t wo 'shoo sha' k lye b laita h...he will tell everyone that 'i bought a new rolla '..........then people ask,yar xli ya gli???...us waqt use xli kehte sharam ati h(due to the image of xli).....ic lye wo laine se pehle sochta h,k yar ek bar laini hi h new,t 100,130k aur dal k gli lo

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    guganali007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    5,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badar7 View Post
    1)xli has no colour option...(only black n white)
    2)no ABS.... (in last modal,both were without abs..,nw this is a big diff)
    3)no power windows (14.5 lac ki gari khareed k kisi ka dil nai karta k wo sheshay manualy uper niche kre)....ya 0 meter car mai alteration kr k 20k ki power windw lagae....

    4)and the most imp factor(the image of xli).... jab ek banda corolla laita h,t wo 'shoo sha' k lye b laita h...he will tell everyone that 'i bought a new rolla '..........then people ask,yar xli ya gli???...us waqt use xli kehte sharam ati h(due to the image of xli).....ic lye wo laine se pehle sochta h,k yar ek bar laini hi h new,t 100,130k aur dal k gli lo
    100% agreed...xli has very bad image...because some gujjar n choudhary type log used to do some paindo stuff on their xlis specially on white xli....
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    4)and the most imp factor(the image of xli).... jab ek banda corolla laita h,t wo 'shoo sha' k lye b laita h...he will tell everyone that 'i bought a new rolla '..........then people ask,yar xli ya gli???...us waqt use xli kehte sharam ati h(due to the image of xli).....ic lye wo laine se pehle sochta h,k yar ek bar laini hi h new,t 100,130k aur dal k gli lo
    I doubt if shashke has any thing to do with Xli, i know alot of people who bought a Black GLi. i guess a black Xli isnt easy to be caught if its a xli or a gli
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    Turus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think that Color Option, ABS and Power windows for just 130,000/- extra is worth it , if some one can pay 1.38 Million they can very well pay 1.5 million to get a better car. plus it fills the gap nicely between Honda City and Altis/Civic.

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    khurem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    The thread title is funny. New XLI failed? Thats Newsflash. The monthly and yearly sales figure of new XLI is way better than that of the old XLI shape (prior to 2009) despite a very high price tag as compared to the old one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •