Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Honda City AT, Toyota Corolla GLI AT or Suzuki Swift.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City AT, Toyota Corolla GLI AT or Suzuki Swift.

I have three options and i am confused which one is best.

1. Honda City Automatic transmission - Rs. 1,500,000

2. Toyota Corolla GLI Automatic transmission - Rs. 1,679,000

3. Suzuki Swift 1.3 DLX - Rs. 1,106,000

Now, I am confused a lot. I don't like the rear lights of both Corolla and City but i think i would have to cope with that.

Please suggest me which one is best. Thanks
    I personally like Suzuki swift, however, my family wants to go for a bigger car.

p.s. All prices are taken from the car's respective company website. Freight charges etc must be applicable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MRTOYOTA View Post
    Go for gli ,,, i use city 11 city is the bekar car of my life

name: mr toyota
    statement: against honda
    verdict: it was meant to be like that!
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    In search of an ideal car, narrowing down all the features/options to the fancy tail lights of corolla, do you think it's really that important to consider how does its tail look to others. If you have your heart set on it, simply go for it.

For a car so common on the roads, people would hardly notice anything except for the fact that you are driving a 1.5m car.

What matters the most is that how do you perceive it aesthetically and how well the car serves your needs.
    I was just taking an opinion of how others perceive the tail lights of the car bcoz i personally don't like them.

My aim is not to show to ppl that I am driving a 1.5m car. Rather I want something that fully serves my needs and looks good to my eyes

Bro, you are right, i really should not narrow down all features of the car to the tail lights....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why dont u go for a toyota fielder or honda airwave , both r xcellent family cars n avaialable at amazing price . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift has all features in much economical price..
    Aviation in not my hobby..... its my way of LIFE::::

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both Gli and Honda City are equally nice and perfect cars...Not so much price difference, if someone can afford to purchase a Honda city then he can also buy Gli n vice versa...In short someone must consider his own choice n preference before buying a car of almost same price as both cars equally boost up the owner's image...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    In search of an ideal car, narrowing down all the features/options to the fancy tail lights of corolla, do you think it's really that important to consider how does its tail look to others. If you have your heart set on it, simply go for it.

For a car so common on the roads, people would hardly notice anything except for the fact that you are driving a 1.5m car.

What matters the most is that how do you perceive it aesthetically and how well the car serves your needs.
    Very well said

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe city is no match to new gli... I agree tail lights of new corolla aren't on par with it's worth but still it's a good package... City is not the same class as that of corolla... I mean category wise...
    In terms of quality, city is superior but corolla is latest, spacious, comfortable and lookswise more beautiful than city... That's my personal perception...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you wanna sell in near future = gli
    if you want a comfy quality car = city
    if you have brain =swift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadijaved View Post
    if you have brain =swift
    Lol... And what if you have brain, want a comfy car and intend to sell it later?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadijaved View Post
    if you have brain =swift
    Drive both then talk.
    Corolla is more comfy than city even ciivic and its resale is best.so poster go for gli AT.and to tell u new city has worst interior quality while corolla has better quality in all things than city.only downside was engine which is now 1.6dual vvti
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Drive both then talk.
    Corolla is more comfy than city even ciivic and its resale is best.so poster go for gli AT.and to tell u new city has worst interior quality while corolla has better quality in all things than city.only downside was engine which is now 1.6dual vvti
    I dont agree with you.. Comfort wise Corolla and City are equally same in city drive.. But City takes lead on long route drive in terms of comfort(Personal experience).
    It is not more comfortable than civic. I repeat its not more comfortable than Civic.
    City's Interior is Black. Quality is not worse at all. That's why people comment negatively about its quality. I am having both the cars. and I like to mention that Corolla's interior quality is not reliable. Produces sounds in cabin on a bumpy road.
    Yes its engine is Dual VVTI. But still city is more fuel efficient.
    @ poster.
    If u are willing to pay 2 lacks more for a GLI which has equally same features as that of city. its ur choice. It really feels odd that a 1.4 million car and 1.8 million priced cars are of same shape and same interior. (talkin about Saloon/Altis and XLI).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Drive both then talk.
    If u really want a car with high resale value. Go buy some bolans and mehrans. These cars have best resale. A person buy a car priced above 1.3 million not for resale value. but for his satisfaction.
    lemme clear you about corolla's resale. We sold 2010 model XLI untouched in 13 lacks last sunday and my friend sold his 2010 model city for 13.50 lacks. and it was bought by a showroom owner.
    We struggled hard that Xli should touch 13.50. But not a single person was giving more than 13 lacks. Go ask some dealer. He will also tell you that City has more resale these days then a XLI.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    I dont agree with you.. Comfort wise Corolla and City are equally same in city drive.. But City takes lead on long route drive in terms of comfort(Personal experience).
    It is not more comfortable than civic. I repeat its not more comfortable than Civic.
    City's Interior is Black. Quality is not worse at all. That's why people comment negatively about its quality. I am having both the cars. and I like to mention that Corolla's interior quality is not reliable. Produces sounds in cabin on a bumpy road.
    @ poster.
    If u are willing to pay 2 lacks more for a GLI which has equally same features as that of city. its ur choice. It really feels odd that a 1.4 million car and 1.8 million priced cars are of same shape and same interior. (talkin about Saloon/Altis and XLI).
    Go have first knowledge bro.Corolla has soft suspensions and hondas have stif suspensions .Corolla also has more soft seats than civic and city both.City also has harder rear suspension..And ask any honda owner even he will tell you that corolla is more comfortable due to soft suspension and seats.Yes quality is not bad but feels very cheap of city.No cloth or leather type material on doors and they all are plastic .while corolla has leather type soft cloth on doors which makes it feels expensive.And to ur info i have kept both GLI and Civic Reborn at the same time and can easily prove with my personal experience.Yes civic has more grip and road feel but its not comfortable it feels even minor bump also.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u really want a car with high resale value. Go buy some bolans and mehrans. These cars have best resale. A person buy a car priced above 1.3 million not for resale value. but for his satisfaction.
    lemme clear you about corolla's resale. We sold 2010 model XLI untouched in 13 lacks last sunday and my friend sold his 2010 model city for 13.50 lacks. and it was bought by a showroom owner.
    We struggled hard that Xli should touch 13.50. But not a single person was giving more than 13 lacks. Go ask some dealer. He will also tell you that City has more resale these days then a XLI.
    And if you dont belive me ask mani1 he is the owner of both altis and civic.he will tell you
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

never buy a city auto ull regret... extend ur budget and go for altis all the way.. a car worth cherishing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go have first knowledge bro.Corolla has soft suspensions and hondas have stif suspensions .Corolla also has more soft seats than civic and city both.City also has harder rear suspension..And ask any honda owner even he will tell you that corolla is more comfortable due to soft suspension and seats.Yes quality is not bad but feels very cheap of city.No cloth or leather type material on doors and they all are plastic .while corolla has leather type soft cloth on doors which makes it feels expensive.And to ur info i have kept both GLI and Civic Reborn at the same time and can easily prove with my personal experience.Yes civic has more grip and road feel but its not comfortable it feels even minor bump also.
    I am owning A 2.OD saloon not a gli. I also have city. Toyotas have soft suspensions yes i agree!. Corolla also has more soft seats than civic and city? i wont agree with you at all. I am a honda owner too. I dont need to ask somebody else. I am owning Saloon model of corolla and a city. I dont understand why u feel every small bump in civic/city. I kept Civic 8th gen for four years and sold 3 months back. I loved that car. Sold because we wanted a diesel car thats why we opted for Corolla.
    Drive corolla and city on long route. you ill judge it yourself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ poster.
    Firstly, city is more fuel efficient than dual vvti corolla because city is 1300 cc whereas dual vvti corolla is 1600cc so it's inappropriate to compare them...
    1.4 and 1.8 million price cars don't have same interior and exterior...
    Let's not forget wooden trim, optitron meter, four spoke steering, body color door handles and side mirrors, side skirts and side mouldings, alloy rims and last but not the least... Sunroof...
    And not to mention... The heart of car, the engine in 1.8 million corolla is a beast in comparison to 1.4 million corolla...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City AT also doesnt have good mileage as manual ones.One of my friend has one and it doesnt gives more than 11km/l in City and also the transmission is crap.
    1st gear shifts at 10
    2nd at 20
    3rd at 40
    4th at 60
    The gears are quite short.

@poster if you need a manual car go for City Manual and if you want AT car then GLI At for sure as its more powerful and fuel efficient also than City AT
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    Firstly, city is more fuel efficient than dual vvti corolla because city is 1300 cc whereas dual vvti corolla is 1600cc so it's inappropriate to compare them...
    1.4 and 1.8 million price cars don't have same interior and exterior...
    Let's not forget wooden trim, optitron meter, four spoke steering, body color door handles and side mirrors, side skirts and side mouldings, alloy rims and last but not the least... Sunroof...
    And not to mention... The heart of car, the engine in 1.8 million corolla is a beast in comparison to 1.4 million corolla...
    +1.you know typical pakistani mentality .Most of the people who buy gli even havent checked or test drove altis as they think its same but after checking both cars at the dealership i found Altis door quality to be better and giving a better feel of closing than GLI and also the drive pleasure of Altis is way more than the crappy 1.3GLI.Those who own Altis are pretty satisfied with it
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 civic suspension is alot more stiffer then a corolla

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List