Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Altis 1.6. How will Honda respond?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 1.6. How will Honda respond?

DEar friends!
    You all know that the present shaped GLI has been a great success while Altis 1.8 has been a complete failure against Civic Vti 1.8. Keeping in view the Gli success and Altis failure, The Toyota indus has initiated a good strategy to modigy Gli from 1.3 to 1.6 and from Altis 1.8 to 1.6. So in my opinion, Altis 1.6 will be a success now as most people will buy Altis 1.6 instead of Gli 1.6 because of a big difference in features with a small difference in price. So my Question is how HONDA will respond to it?? Will continue 1.8 L with more features or will launch 1.6 L version again to outclass Altis 1.6 L?? Please no fights but just logical comments
    thanks in advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ALTIS vs steermatic and D16

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Yes Steermatic is fast and light weight and when vtec kicks in.. it kicks out other car in its way.. ..
    Altis auto to bilkul hay.. Manual phr b theak hay .

i have recently changed my car ..sold my VTI 1.6 2005 and bought ALTIS Cruisetronic ( AUTO) 1.8...no doubt Civic was fast and the pick from 4000rpm to 6k rpm was great , i did 120in 2nd and 170 in 3rd gear twice , it was a very nice experience ....but trust me man this ALTIS 1.8 is even better ... i dont know how can u call ALTIS AUTO a slow car ?? the pick is better than my civic 1.6 , has too much torque , the tranny is responsive too ... i am not comparing it with 1.8 civic here , but i believe it can give tough time to 1.8 civic too ... i have driven new civic many times , once did 160 on it , but it wasnt extremely fast if u compare it with 1.6 vti , obv it was better but there was a slight noticeable difference .... my friend and i raced thrice , i had beaten him twice with my old 05 VTI ..he gave up after 160 at EMAAR wali road , i almost touched 200 tht day on my civic 1.6 ....

well coming to ur point ALTIS bhalay auto hi sahy , steermatic se behtar hi hai pick mein bhi aur wese bhi ... manual mode pe to boht hi fit hai , par auto pe bhi aap jese hi accelerator do foran pick leti hai transmission boht responsive hai ..btw THE GEAR ratios are almost same if we compare ALTIS with 1.6 VTI ...i did 160 last week , the 1st gear changed at around 60+ the second gear changed at 120 ..

and @ poster

ALTIS 1.6 , 1.8 And CIVIC 1.8 all three are good cars , depends on wat u really want and like , i bought 1.8 ALTIS as i really love it and it suits my needs n requirements ...

Honda is enjoying 1.8 civic sales , i dnt think they need to do anything ...and btw 1.6 corolla is way too expensive ...rain sensing wipers lolz can never justify a price tag of 1889 /- ! similarly driver and passenger side airbag can never justify price tag of 19+ for civic ....i bot my PASSO for 9lacs and it has 2 airbags 10lacs lesser than civic , and it has a rear glass wiper :p which ALTIS doest have hehe for almost 10 lacs lesser .... uff im tired a long long reply after a long long time

@ all Drive safe

Stay Happy
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    That 1.5 City will be great offering if its gets offered at reasonable price it can be competitor to GLI AT 1.6 or ALtis 1.6 MT.But I dont think honda will offer this again because steermatic was a big time flop car in Pakistan.And they discontinued it after certain time when they realized that its not giving them enough sales and response
    How can you say that?
    The 1.5L Honda City Steermatic was one hell of a car.
    The sad part is, people here were unable to understand the capabilities of this car.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as the comparison between Honda and Toyota is concerned, Im impressed by the introduction of these new features such as rain sensors,retractable mirrors and the 6 speed manual transmission.
    Moreover the cosmetic changes such as the backlit optitron speedometer and the new wooden paneling are like icing on the cake.
    If the car is able to provide the 12% better fuel economy as claimed by IMC then it would be interesting to see how Honda responds, but I,ll let time to be the judge.
    However I would really appreciate if IMC also improve the QC standards of their cars.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    should i swicht to 1.6 altis from 1.8 altis?
    ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yasinzai View Post
    @all
    should i swicht to 1.6 altis from 1.8 altis?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...-8-altis-1-6-a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    i have recently changed my car ..sold my VTI 1.6 2005 and bought ALTIS Cruisetronic ( AUTO) 1.8...no doubt Civic was fast and the pick from 4000rpm to 6k rpm was great , i did 120in 2nd and 170 in 3rd gear twice , it was a very nice experience ....but trust me man this ALTIS 1.8 is even better ... i dont know how can u call ALTIS AUTO a slow car ?? the pick is better than my civic 1.6 , has too much torque , the tranny is responsive too ... i am not comparing it with 1.8 civic here , but i believe it can give tough time to 1.8 civic too ... i have driven new civic many times , once did 160 on it , but it wasnt extremely fast if u compare it with 1.6 vti , obv it was better but there was a slight noticeable difference .... my friend and i raced thrice , i had beaten him twice with my old 05 VTI ..he gave up after 160 at EMAAR wali road , i almost touched 200 tht day on my civic 1.6 ....

well coming to ur point ALTIS bhalay auto hi sahy , steermatic se behtar hi hai pick mein bhi aur wese bhi ... manual mode pe to boht hi fit hai , par auto pe bhi aap jese hi accelerator do foran pick leti hai transmission boht responsive hai ..btw THE GEAR ratios are almost same if we compare ALTIS with 1.6 VTI ...i did 160 last week , the 1st gear changed at around 60+ the second gear changed at 120 ..

and @ poster

ALTIS 1.6 , 1.8 And CIVIC 1.8 all three are good cars , depends on wat u really want and like , i bought 1.8 ALTIS as i really love it and it suits my needs n requirements ...

Honda is enjoying 1.8 civic sales , i dnt think they need to do anything ...and btw 1.6 corolla is way too expensive ...rain sensing wipers lolz can never justify a price tag of 1889 /- ! similarly driver and passenger side airbag can never justify price tag of 19+ for civic ....i bot my PASSO for 9lacs and it has 2 airbags 10lacs lesser than civic , and it has a rear glass wiper :p which ALTIS doest have hehe for almost 10 lacs lesser .... uff im tired a long long reply after a long long time

@ all Drive safe

Stay Happy
    yesterday coming from isloo on motorway ive done about 205kph on vti cf. i dun think an altis do it, if it so then car should like waving titanic!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no replacement for displacement

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    why dont u ask this same ques to toyota indus n do also ask why didnt they brought new 1.8 2zr-fe engine instead they brought new 1.6 1zr-fe engine
    To increase margins, bottom line for any business is increasing profitability. They know they can sell a 1.6 liter car at that price with a lower cost.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    DEar friends!
    You all know that the present shaped GLI has been a great success while Altis 1.8 has been a complete failure against Civic Vti 1.8. Keeping in view the Gli success and Altis failure, The Toyota indus has initiated a good strategy to modigy Gli from 1.3 to 1.6 and from Altis 1.8 to 1.6. So in my opinion, Altis 1.6 will be a success now as most people will buy Altis 1.6 instead of Gli 1.6 because of a big difference in features with a small difference in price. So my Question is how HONDA will respond to it?? Will continue 1.8 L with more features or will launch 1.6 L version again to outclass Altis 1.6 L?? Please no fights but just logical comments
    thanks in advance
    Although I am not either a HONDA or TOYOTA fanboy, but do keep in mind that the the CITY and CIVIC are two totally different cars, whereas the xli/gli and ALTIS are the same car with different specs. Therefore the cost of producing an ALTIS is naturally far less than producing a CIVIC. So for the price difference the civic does have:-

1. A more powerful engine
    2. Two airbags (vs 1 in Altis)
    3. Two pre tensioners (vs 1 in Altis)
    4. Immobilizer (Critical anti-theft device in Pakistan, even swift has this device but it's missing even in the most expensive variant of ALTIS)

It's solely a matter of preference but I would personally pick safety features over stuff like rain sensing wipers any day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default honda vs corolla

some body is trying to draw a comparison between a horse and a elephant. both the cars belong to two different categories. one has the economy as an edge and another has the comfort and performance as edge. both cannot be compared. as far as the peace of mind is concerned i think corolla is the worst may it be XLI, GLI, ALTIS. ITS VERy VERY PRONE TO THEFT. indus toyota has zero anti theft precautions. its looks are very very simple to open or break. although both the companies do not provide immobilizers in pakistan where as they do it around the world even in india too. i checked the record of stolen cars around the country and was surprised to know the corolla tops the record.with mehran second and bolan/carry third. its my humble advise to buy imported cars and the good news is that government is likely to allow the import of cars on commercial basis unless local motor companies are able to bribe some body to block the move.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    why dont u ask this same ques to toyota indus n do also ask why didnt they brought new 1.8 2zr-fe engine instead they brought new 1.6 1zr-fe engine
    Very Simple.. fficeffice" />

1. The NEW 1.8 DUAL VVTI engine cannot run on our Pakistani gasoline available...
    2. They want to make more profits.
    3. Still govt Sect/Private institutions allow 1.6 Ltr engine limitations when providing car. So huge segment or gap has to be filled and Indus used this opportunity.
    4. Typical Pakistani thinking why anyone need 1.8 Ltr car on our roads. Small engine great fuel efficiency and all.
    5. Not a single person at Toyota will spell Altis is bad. They'll say Sales of Altis are comparatively down from XLI/GLI... Oh Come on... No one can compare sales of 1.3 with 1.8.. Same goes with current available variants...
    6. If we are justifying this with SALES FIGURES. compare mehran sales with civic sales... Than civic will be a failure..

This aint the way to justify something..

IS the quality BAD... NO
    Value of Money in current situation.. Good enough
    Resale.. Not bad
    Maintenance... Extremely cheap

What else do you expect... This is all in my opinion, Probably most of you dont agree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota HIgh official told me that the 1.8 2ZR-FE cannot be run on Pakistani Petrol.If it runs it will knock due to poor quality fuel.
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for above all..

civic is very good car and no car can compared to it.

now stop fighting.

start some other thread and discuss some real matters..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Premio 260 NZT260 has a 2ZR-FE engine. Engine manufacturer specify to use RON (Research Octane Number) 91 or higher.
    City iVTEC's L13's recommended fuel is RON 92 or higher; using synthetic engine oil and fuel from some good pump; City iVTEC doesnt knock; so an argument that 2ZRFE will knock with local fuel is clearly.....

Can someone having Altis 1.6 check its manual and see whats 1ZRFE's recommended RON? I guess being ZR family member it must be RON 91 and higher; the same as 2ZRFE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fairleo View Post
    Kyun gee?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fairleo View Post
    for above all..

now stop fighting.

start some other thread and discuss some real matters..
    So will u use choose civic over s class if i give u?
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    City iVTEC's L13's recommended fuel is RON 92 or higher; using synthetic engine oil and fuel from some good pump; City iVTEC doesnt knock; so an argument that 2ZRFE will knock with local fuel is clearly.....

Can someone having Altis 1.6 check its manual and see whats 1ZRFE's recommended RON? I guess being ZR family member it must be RON 91 and higher; the same as 2ZRFE
    City is also knocking .check that city pick and issue thread u will know how many members are having that prob
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know City iVTEC first hand...I kept it myself for more than a year; its RON 92 requirement is manageable.

I knew you will say this....this is why I posted the solution in same post!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have 1.8 Altis,so should i switch to 1.6 Altis ?
    ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City is also knocking .check that city pick and issue thread u will know how many members are having that prob
    Knocking goes away after atmost 5000km

its a lame excuse really
    Higher Compression Ratio results in increased knocking on poor petrol

since the Dual VVTi 1.6 has a slightly higher compression ratio than 1.8L 2ZR-FE

meaning the chances of knocking because of low quality petrol is lower in 2ZR-FE comparatively

Toyota HIgh official told me that the 1.8 2ZR-FE cannot be run on Pakistani Petrol.If it runs it will knock due to poor quality fuel.
    where do u find these high officials on a bus stop? -.-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List