Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 127
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: REason for success of Xli ??

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default REason for success of Xli ??

    Dear All!
    Can anybody please tell why Xli had been selling and to some extent still selling like hot cakes despite the fact that it has no power features, No ABS, Air bags etc. To me! it's ridiculous for a 1.3 L car not to have even power windows but why people still love it or buy it more than any other 1.3 L car??


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am driving an Xli since Jan 05 and it has never given me any trouble. Requires minimal maintenance. I just change fluids, filters on recommended milage. On petrol it gives me 14 kms/lit in city. Gas I am getting around 220Kms in 56Kg cylinder. AC is chilling. It never hugs any speed breakers. Can take it on any road easily. So what else do you expect from an econo box?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I am driving an Xli since Jan 05 and it has never given me any trouble. Requires minimal maintenance. I just change fluids, filters on recommended milage. On petrol it gives me 14 kms/lit in city. Gas I am getting around 220Kms in 56Kg cylinder. AC is chilling. It never hugs any speed breakers. Can take it on any road easily. So what else do you expect from an econo box?
    exactly
    Aunda Fan

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamza_xeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,769
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Due to its shape,comfort,good audio system and great A/C
    The men are back. @TGT.

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bilal49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    the success of XLi is not because of the car, its because of us..the ppl.
    can u explain following:
    8/10 of us believe in Sony Wega TVs
    9/10 of us believe in National clothes iron
    7/10 of us have dawlance refrigerator or microwave ovens
    8/10 had National/panasonic VCRs some years ago
    9/10 of us think Nokia makes the best phones

    bahi this is Pakistan...everyone does what the next person is doing
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    the success of XLi is not because of the car, its because of us..the ppl.
    can u explain following:
    8/10 of us believe in Sony Wega TVs
    9/10 of us believe in National clothes iron
    7/10 of us have dawlance refrigerator or microwave ovens
    8/10 had National/panasonic VCRs some years ago
    9/10 of us think Nokia makes the best phones

    bahi this is Pakistan...everyone does what the next person is doing
    I tend to disagree, though respect your argument.

    It is not the blind following, it is because these things work, easier to work with and convenient to get repaired from anywhere.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bilal49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    ^^agreed. but still 'blind following' is a BIG factor in its success
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    wahabriaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    it is rough and tuff and can go anywhere

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I tend to disagree, though respect your argument.

    It is not the blind following, it is because these things work, easier to work with and convenient to get repaired from anywhere.
    Your disagreement does not stand ground, The factors and products mentioned are not entirely RELIABLE as you say.

    e.g. a barebones BRAUN iron is far more robust than the national one your grandma used, Reliable and long life refrigerators are made by Siemens and Bosch (Euro) and General and Mitsubishi in Japan, our people dont buy them even when they are at the same prices of their choice items. Because they are locked in a pooled mindset.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wahabriaz View Post
    it is rough and tuff and can go anywhere
    Is it? it cannot even function correctly in city conditions.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    guganali007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    5,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    just because of resale n mentality of our people tht they buy this crapy car fr 15 lacs n fr resale..other wise xli has very bad repu....
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Your disagreement does not stand ground, The factors and products mentioned are not entirely RELIABLE as you say.

    e.g. a barebones BRAUN iron is far more robust than the national one your grandma used, Reliable and long life refrigerators are made by Siemens and Bosch (Euro) and General and Mitsubishi in Japan, our people dont buy them even when they are at the same prices of their choice items. Because they are locked in a pooled mindset.
    Brother my grandma used coal iron Much reliable than any Braun or National

    May I correct you that imported euro brands as you have mentioned are way too expensive my dear now, not the same price, thanks to our fast depreciating rupee. Plus for imported stuff you have to rely on the local mistry and hunt for parts if they need repair (which is seldom required).


    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Is it? it cannot even function correctly in city conditions.

    Yes it can for sure. Tried and tested
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,959
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    xli is success because ppl value 1 lakh more than their lives
    i mean who can afford xli can surely afford gli,but gli has abs and some other goodies which most prolly ppl dont like
    REAL men drive manual cars!

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    revengez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There are certain reasons of its success.

    Parts availability & easy maintainance.
    Better understanding between Corollas and Ustaad mechanics.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,363
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    u need to correct ur facts
    after shape change more GLI's are being sold, probably they distributed a book along
    (car buying guide for dummies-what to look for in a 1million plus car)
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Brother my grandma used coal iron Much reliable than any Braun or National

    May I correct you that imported euro brands as you have mentioned are way too expensive my dear now, not the same price, thanks to our fast depreciating rupee. Plus for imported stuff you have to rely on the local mistry and hunt for parts if they need repair (which is seldom required).





    Yes it can for sure. Tried and tested
    In my house - such equipment is bought for life, the Miele Front loading washing machine is running since 1987 - without missing a beat. And it will run for 20 more. similarly the gas cooker is made by Glen Gas in Italy, and it still is good as new also bought in 87 - When bought my parents told me that they could have got 10 local items in their combined price, but we would have had to replace them in 5 years. - You get what you pay for, simple as that. The siemens refrigerator I bought for my khi home in 2001 - is like a white square cabinet and considered ugly compared to the newer LG, Haier etc, brands but it does its job very efficiently and professionally too. and is good for at least 2 decades.

    I have repaired the gas cooker once, and yes I had to get the gas injectors from outside Pakistan, but in all its life - it required 4 out of its 5 feeders to be replaced at that one time. I consider that heavy duty service.

    back to cars, the fear of being a blacksheep and the local uneducated ustaad mechanic not being able to repair an out of market car is what has dictated the corolla to be the market leader for the general buyer.

    As for corolla being heavy duty and durable, it requires parts changing quite often and every expensively too, it offers a wide cargo space and seating area - but when loaded up with its required passengers and luggage, it literally sags and stresses to the point of failure. So what good is such a large cargo space and seating area, advertising maybe?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Naveed4speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,129
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ur the man Xulfiqar sir..
    we need ppl like u in this country and on this forum too!
    u explianed logicaly that,s practical too!

    it,s really nice to see some practical replies by u in almost every thread!
    back to topic!
    the only reasone for XLI sale!
    leaseing from banks!
    bieng used in rent a car business due to being sedan and cheap to maintain!
    nothing else which made ppl atract it being durable!
    FXXB and EJ8 on its way............

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    revengez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    back to cars, the fear of being a blacksheep and the local uneducated ustaad mechanic not being able to repair an out of market car is what has dictated the corolla to be the market leader for the general buyer.
    Thats true!

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sdogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    lol.Life saving is in control of ALLAH not any ABS or AIRBAG.Yes we can apply safety measures on our own also
    Then why you take medicine when you are sick?

    Why you get vaccinated against diseases?


    My brother of course ALLAH saves us all but he also asks to adopt best possible means to to protect the precious gift of ALLAH which is life !!!

    If you compare the statistics of accidents on the motorways and some other road where traffic rules are not followed there is hell of difference between the two and much more people die because of accidents on roads where no rules are followed.Just check the statistics of LHR-RWP GT road before motorway police took over and you will know that how much the accident rate has reduced by adopting the road rules.Population of the world till 1900 was 1.5 billion but after the discovery of vaccines and modern medicine ,which reduced the epidemics, in 100 years it reached 6 billion.

    Airbags and ABS are one of those tools which humans have developed to protect the most precious gift of ALLAH and that is life. There is no conflict between adopting safety precautions and religious beliefs, you are just confusing the two.

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    revengez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Sdogar... Kindly write Allah's (SWT) name in caps always. Thanks.

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasir007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,576
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota is Toyota !!
    "Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Beautiful CORPSE "
    How much horsepower gain do you get from your NOS sticker ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •