Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default REason for success of Xli ??

Dear All!
    Can anybody please tell why Xli had been selling and to some extent still selling like hot cakes despite the fact that it has no power features, No ABS, Air bags etc. To me! it's ridiculous for a 1.3 L car not to have even power windows but why people still love it or buy it more than any other 1.3 L car??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xli is not a bad car at all ... but it should have been better in the same price tag ...

the only reason for its success "today" is the ease of maintenance ... mechanics and spares can be found every where in Pakistan ...
    Who will guard the guards ... ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xli forever

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about suzuki mehran sales it does not have abs too.
    there are so many cars runing in pakistan even busses trucks and so on dont have abs.
    how many peoples in pakistan died due to absence of abs brakes.
    it dose not mean that these features are useless but it should be there in car.
    all what we do fight against each other on forum nothing else.
    why dont all of u including me start criticise toyota people directly and ask our conscrn minister to force manufacturers to introduce certain features which our motor vehicle laks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bay kay 2.0D wich saeraan karan gy Zindagi khoob guzaran gy.

XLi (old one) was high no pareshani dealing with car breakers.
    chilled ac , fuel economy , reliable , worked great on cng , smooth suspension and a very comfortable drive and a toyota badge made it a paisa vasool cheez.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fairleo View Post
    what about suzuki mehran sales it does not have abs too.
    there are so many cars runing in pakistan even busses trucks and so on dont have abs.
    how many peoples in pakistan died due to absence of abs brakes.
    it dose not mean that these features are useless but it should be there in car.
    all what we do fight against each other on forum nothing else.
    why dont all of u including me start criticise toyota people directly and ask our conscrn minister to force manufacturers to introduce certain features which our motor vehicle laks
    you dont need a ministry or govt to sort out consumer problems, you stop buying the product, this forces the manufacturer (toyota) to either reduce prices, or increase cost benefit to the consumer by adding items like ABS etc.

But if you start to blindly buy whatever they shoot out, dont complain. Its a supply and demand situation and is entirely in the hands of consumers, sadly our consumers are more interested in their fake showoff - prestige, status symbol lifestyle that they have gone all materialistic, meaning eye candy and pomp is priority one.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you dont need a ministry or govt to sort out consumer problems, you stop buying the product, this forces the manufacturer (toyota) to either reduce prices, or increase cost benefit to the consumer by adding items like ABS etc.

But if you start to blindly buy whatever they shoot out, dont complain. Its a supply and demand situation and is entirely in the hands of consumers, sadly our consumers are more interested in their fake showoff - prestige, status symbol lifestyle that they have gone all materialistic, meaning eye candy and pomp is priority one.
    very well said.........
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    u need to correct ur facts
    after shape change more GLI's are being sold, probably they distributed a book along
    (car buying guide for dummies-what to look for in a 1million plus car)
    +1
    Leave apart the facts and figures.
    The general observation tells that since the introduction of the current shape, more GLi,s have been sold if compared with XLi,s.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a supply and demand situation and is entirely in the hands of consumers, sadly our consumers are more interested in their fake showoff - prestige, status symbol lifestyle that they have gone all materialistic, meaning eye candy and pomp is priority one.
    So true!

2 years back I was having a debate with a friend on the topic Nissan Sunny 2009 VS Toyota Corolla 2009.
    I provided him with all the facts and figures that proved that Sunny is better in each and every aspect with a relatively lesser price tag.
    In the end he went away by saying "Yaar jo bhi hai Corolla to Corolla hai aur uski apni he dash hai".
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    So true!

2 years back I was having a debate with a friend on the topic Nissan Sunny 2009 VS Toyota Corolla 2009.
    I provided him with all the facts and figures that proved that Sunny is better in each and every aspect with a relatively lesser price tag.
    In the end he went away by saying "Yaar jo bhi hai Corolla to Corolla hai aur uski apni he dash hai".
    rofl @ dash
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    So true!

If your freind was not locked in the mental lock of our general population he would see what others are offering too. You wont beleive that the same stuff happens here in the US too.

All Pakistanis line up at the toyota dealership to buy camrys and corollas, no matter what - while toyota face tough competition from Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai and kia too.

e.g. the features/benefits/cost of a nissan Maxima weigh in heavier than an equivalent camry - but our bhai say the same thing that toyota - toyota hai, and when they see me driving an old mercedes benz - I get, you must be getting bankrupt with maintenance and upkeep and its an old car too.

To which I tell them I get 600 miles in one tank in the city and have a waiver for emmissions testing - BEAT THAT. They quietly gawk in awe, because I know they are paying through their nose for fuel and emmissions testing.

In all - they poke their noses into others business and try to implement brand loyalty - no matter if the other is interested. Like when people at the masjid tell me that Im doing a terrible mistake by being Pakistani and driving an old mercedes I should be driving a zero meetar toita cerolla - B#$#$%^ please think before you speak.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla is drilled into the minds of Pakistanis as deep as Nokia

as mentioned by ppl that Xli of this generation is not much successful compared to the last generation

simple reason is for the last generation GLI only added power windows and mirrors
    windows ppl would get for 10k Rs in XLI

with current GLi it adds ABS and few more goodies which makes it superior to XLi

high price and low features is gonna hamper XLi Sales as ppl opt for City or GLi which is only logical

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I am driving an Xli since Jan 05 and it has never given me any trouble. Requires minimal maintenance. I just change fluids, filters on recommended milage. On petrol it gives me 14 kms/lit in city. Gas I am getting around 220Kms in 56Kg cylinder. AC is chilling. It never hugs any speed breakers. Can take it on any road easily. So what else do you expect from an econo box?
    couple of months ago a friend of mine was comparing XLi and CITY on pakwheels for purchase for his father and one thing we both noticed was ground clearance, which was exactly the same for both machines, sadly indus is not mentioning it in specs for XLi/GLi but atlas has given it as 160mm for city which should be same as XLi, then i dont understand this speed breaker hugging thing.
    please correct me about ground clearance of Xli/GLi if i am wrong

Honda | Pakistan | CITY | Specifications
    Indus Motor Company Limited | Home

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    vajih brother u are talking about the 80 percent people of pakistan who would like to buy a new car but there budget is tight and all they can afford is mehran which is new and suits there budget with the resale factor again people prefer to buy mehran as mehran is very economical , cheap maintainance , atleast they will be able to say they have a car .
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed4speed View Post
    ^ur the man Xulfiqar sir..
    we need ppl like u in this country and on this forum too!
    u explianed logicaly that,s practical too!

it,s really nice to see some practical replies by u in almost every thread!
    Exactly my opinion too.

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    lol.Life saving is in control of ALLAH not any ABS or AIRBAG.Yes we can apply safety measures on our own also
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Then why you take medicine when you are sick?

Why you get vaccinated against diseases?

My brother of course ALLAH saves us all but he also asks to adopt best possible means to to protect the precious gift of ALLAH which is life !!!

If you compare the statistics of accidents on the motorways and some other road where traffic rules are not followed there is hell of difference between the two and much more people die because of accidents on roads where no rules are followed.Just check the statistics of LHR-RWP GT road before motorway police took over and you will know that how much the accident rate has reduced by adopting the road rules.Population of the world till 1900 was 1.5 billion but after the discovery of vaccines and modern medicine ,which reduced the epidemics, in 100 years it reached 6 billion.

Airbags and ABS are one of those tools which humans have developed to protect the most precious gift of ALLAH and that is life. There is no conflict between adopting safety precautions and religious beliefs, you are just confusing the two.
    Once Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A went to meet the Holy Prophet PBUH who asked him what he had done regarding his camel's safety. The Khalifa replied, 'I have left it in Allah's custody' to which the Prophet PBUH replied, 'Go tie it up. It will be Allah's responsibility indeed but you have to take measures on your own.'

Back to the discussion, many purchase Xli only to be able to own a Corolla and Corolla many want for ease of spares, relatively big trunk and seating space to name a few besides the resale factor.

Zohaib's father is on his second Xli and we're expecting the third soon. My mamoo also purchased two Xlis. One for himself i.e. office work and second for his family i.e. housework. They have done so because they want a reliable car with the factors i have already mentioned AND they cannot afford to buy Glis.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The attitude of rejecting "technology" is not a new thing; its very common in this part of world. Somewhere I read about the triangle of balance between "People", "Technology" and "Rules". Technology alone cannt lower down anything; the other two needs to be improved accordingly...the technology helps to make simpler rules, but its people side that always balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Once Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A went to meet the Holy Prophet PBUH who asked him what he had done regarding his camel's safety. The Khalifa replied, 'I have left it in Allah's custody' to which the Prophet PBUH replied, 'Go tie it up. It will be Allah's responsibility indeed but you have to take measures on your own.'
    Thanks for sharing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    lol.Life saving is in control of ALLAH not any ABS or AIRBAG.Yes we can apply safety measures on our own also
    According to your logic

1. Cars shouldn't have brakes
    2. Children at birth should not get vaccinated
    3. The whole medical profession should be shut down
    4. Bullet proof vest / APC / such technologies are worthless
    5. Helmet should not be worn while riding a bike

should i go on or the list is enough to make some sense to you? i do have few doubts though!
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Life saving is in control of Allah but he also gave us the prudence and sense to protect ourselves.
    It is natural bro.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baqai View Post
    According to your logic

1. Cars shouldn't have brakes
    2. Children at birth should not get vaccinated
    3. The whole medical profession should be shut down
    4. Bullet proof vest / APC / such technologies are worthless
    5. Helmet should not be worn while riding a bike

should i go on or the list is enough to make some sense to you? i do have few doubts though!
    Read again with open eyes.I have said that we should apply safety measures on our own also.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chicks are a factor as well chicks digg XLIiiiii
    on that bomb shell its just resale factor nothing else
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my house - such equipment is bought for life, the Miele Front loading washing machine is running since 1987 - without missing a beat. And it will run for 20 more. similarly the gas cooker is made by Glen Gas in Italy, and it still is good as new also bought in 87 - When bought my parents told me that they could have got 10 local items in their combined price, but we would have had to replace them in 5 years. - You get what you pay for, simple as that. The siemens refrigerator I bought for my khi home in 2001 - is like a white square cabinet and considered ugly compared to the newer LG, Haier etc, brands but it does its job very efficiently and professionally too. and is good for at least 2 decades.

I have repaired the gas cooker once, and yes I had to get the gas injectors from outside Pakistan, but in all its life - it required 4 out of its 5 feeders to be replaced at that one time. I consider that heavy duty service.

back to cars, the fear of being a blacksheep and the local uneducated ustaad mechanic not being able to repair an out of market car is what has dictated the corolla to be the market leader for the general buyer.

As for corolla being heavy duty and durable, it requires parts changing quite often and every expensively too, it offers a wide cargo space and seating area - but when loaded up with its required passengers and luggage, it literally sags and stresses to the point of failure. So what good is such a large cargo space and seating area, advertising maybe?
    First I totally disagree with you for the highlighted text in the para above. So far, in the 6 years and 8 months, I have not replaced any part of my car, even break pads and the coolant in the radiator are still stock. I have done many inter city journey's in harshest of climate and with full load in the car. It never gives you any signs of fatigue. The current version was put to test in Abbottabad this May where we stayed for about 10 days after bin Laden was killed and the Xli worked day and night. When it comes to mission critical tasks, Toyota is always there. You never see any other breed on the toughest jobs in the world.

And now come to appliances. I actually wrote a very detailed response on it but then deleted it as I thought many members would take it as a show off.

Quote Originally Posted by sial_ali View Post
    bay kay 2.0D wich saeraan karan gy Zindagi khoob guzaran gy.

XLi (old one) was high no pareshani dealing with car breakers.
    chilled ac , fuel economy , reliable , worked great on cng , smooth suspension and a very comfortable drive and a toyota badge made it a paisa vasool cheez.
    Yes it is that simple. I wonder why it is hard for most of the people to understand that.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by versatilegenious View Post
    Reason for the success of Begum Niwazish?
    Sir, you forgot Sahir Lodhi & Amir Liaqat

Well seriously speaking, following are the reason & I think quite valid reasons:

1-Name of Toyota Corolla
    2-Durability/Reliability
    3-Resale
    4-Suspension suitable for pakistani roads
    5-Spacious as compared to city or Liana.
    6-Simplicity in design, so roadside mechanics can fix it if you are outstation or u live in rural area.
    7-Is trendy & most people prefer following trends except few intellects, be it the matter of buying jeans or a car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List