0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 2011 or 2012 ?

hey guys,
    HAppy Eid Mubarik to all of you...
    Your opinion, suggestion and advice are needed pls. I am planning to buy Altis and most of you may know that its delivery time is about three to even four months... so if i book it in Sept, the car is likely to be delivered in Dec or even Jan... So what would be the model of that car? would it be 2011 or 2012? even if it gets delivered in january, then what? i think its model still will be 2011 as its year of manufacturing will be 2011..... Pls share your knowledge on this matter? what considering the matter is a better option..
    1) To wait for January so that year of manufacturing will be 2012.
    2) To get the car delivered in Jan to make it 2012
    3) As i aint a dealer or something, and buying selling isnt something i may be doing for another couple of years, so buying the car is important regardless of its year/ model..
    4) If i wait till Jan, the prices of Altis would certainly rise by the time it will get delivered so the overall effect will offset again...
    Pls share your experiences and knowledge on the matter...
    Thanks a lot..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is already 2011, only four months left to the year's end.

In Dec-Jan people do not buy cars because they want next year on their reg books. Think it is best time to buy ready delivery cars without any own, or wait till Jan end to get next year's model.

I booked my Xli in July 04 and got the delivery in Jan 05. The year of manufacturing on reg book is 04, but it is registered in 2005, but it does not matter to me. For many people it is a big issue as they want better resale, but mere model is not enough, car's condition also matters.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ thanks for highlighting bro..
    i actually wanted to ask between 2011 and 2012.... Now corrected that in post... the Title however remains the same :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the long run people do notice and become choosy. Many go by either the 3 or 5 year thing. So a three year old car may be acceptable but a four year old may not. Same goes for 5 and 6. It's weird but that's the way it happens and really, even a December 2011 model would not be acceptable to those looking for a 2012 one.

The tricky question in this scenario is, whether to face the precedented price hike by waiting till next year to order or buy now and suffer a probable loss while selling.

IF i were you, i'd wait.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ hmm... yeah thats quite probable that the prices would rise by a significant amount before gettin a registration copy with year of manufacturing as 2012...
    as January end still has five months and then three additional months would it take as delivery time so the total wait would reach eight months which i dont think will rise the price by some 30 or 40 k....
    so is it really worth waiting? :s

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

M not an expert but a friend was looking for a City. Another common friend's relative was selling a 15 December 2006 one while there was another 2007 model too. The first guy goes, 'ek saal ka to farak par gaya na'.

Your calculation is correct. If i were in dire need or too eager to get a new car, now i say i wouldn't wait.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    M not an expert but a friend was looking for a City. Another common friend's relative was selling a 15 December 2006 one while there was another 2007 model too. The first guy goes, 'ek saal ka to farak par gaya na'.

Your calculation is correct. If i were in dire need or too eager to get a new car, now i say i wouldn't wait.
    Yeah... My perception is that waiting for so long isn't really worth it... There's my personal opinion...
    Guys pls help and share your experiences

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if i were u and i had these apprehensions in my mind, i wud wait. i wont like to spend 1.4 million on a car and still repent of getting an year older model

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    if i were u and i had these apprehensions in my mind, i wud wait. i wont like to spend 1.4 million on a car and still repent of getting an year older model
    It's actually 1.8 Million bro :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    A bird in hand is better than two in the bush. Life is unpredictable especially in Pakistan. Relish the moment that you have who knows what will be the resale scenario after four, five year? Or whether there will be any car running in Pakistan? (God forbid), but there is more probability of things getting wrong and going the wrong way, then towards the right way. Get what you can get now and leave it to Allah
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    A bird in hand is better than two in the bush. Life is unpredictable especially in Pakistan. Relish the moment that you have who knows what will be the resale scenario after four, five year? Or whether there will be any car running in Pakistan? (God forbid), but there is more probability of things getting wrong and going the wrong way, then towards the right way. Get what you can get now and leave it to Allah
    thats de spirit !and same words by my elders drove me to pick a car in november 2010 although there were many voices to wait for two months n get 2011 model
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother from september onwards next year models start coming.
    ALI

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTUFA1 View Post
    I dont think so

I got 2004 model Alto on 26 December 2004 n it carries 2004 tag but reg in 05

Got 2010 model corolla in november 2010 n it carries 2010 tag
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aik dua hoti hai Allah Naseeb Karay. It means that Allah blesses us to enjoy what he has given us. Having and thing is just one side of the coin and enjoying it is another. I pray Allah bless us all with the both. Life is short and the world is not a permanent place. All these models are going to put on more years as you cannot stop the time.

Remember owning a diesel car esp 2.0D was considered the ultimate thing in economy drive. It was a hot cake, but the change in POL prices turned the tables. Now those cars with diesel engines have low resale. That is how things change, today's market cars could be tomorrow's lemons.

It is September and I think that in two month's time car sales would plummet to zero level. Nobody would be buying to get just 2012 on the reg book for the same car. If the model is changing then one can wait, but if just the figure has to change then it is waste of time and money. You can take advantage of ready delivery, no own and even discounts in Nov-Dec-Early Jan. You are not going to suffer that much loss for the reg book entry.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very inspirational words indeed...
    That's right... No one has seen tomorrow and the loss that is written in our fate is something we can't escape... So yeah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTUFA1 View Post
    I doubt that bro... As I got my coure in December 2009 and the yeah of manufacturing on its book was again 2009 :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aik dua hoti hai Allah Naseeb Karay. It means that Allah blesses us to enjoy what he has given us. Having and thing is just one side of the coin and enjoying it is another. I pray Allah bless us all with the both. Life is short and the world is not a permanent place. All these models are going to put on more years as you cannot stop the time.

Remember owning a diesel car esp 2.0D was considered the ultimate thing in economy drive. It was a hot cake, but the change in POL prices turned the tables. Now those cars with diesel engines have low resale. That is how things change, today's market cars could be tomorrow's lemons.

It is September and I think that in two month's time car sales would plummet to zero level. Nobody would be buying to get just 2012 on the reg book for the same car. If the model is changing then one can wait, but if just the figure has to change then it is waste of time and money. You can take advantage of ready delivery, no own and even discounts in Nov-Dec-Early Jan. You are not going to suffer that much loss for the reg book entry.
    Your comments have a heavy weightage, I feel this probably because I myself am more inclined towards getting it now without needing to weight for some considerable number of months...
    And yes very well said... if the change has to be only in digits, then probably its not worth waiting

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Corolla Altis shape has just changed and it is not going to change in 2012. So I would suggest you to book your car now.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do keep in mind that the world will end in 2012 and that can affect the resale of all the cars irrespective of their model.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh..i thought abt a city mentioning the price..my bad