Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Seeking Advice: Altis 1.6 M/T or M/T SR

Hi fellas,

I'm lil confused about choosing b.w Altis 1.6 M/T and M/T SR so I would welcome your kind suggestions supported with reasons to help me in my decision making process.

Please suggest the color as well.

Thanks n' Peace.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A month back or so... i was in the same confusion either to go for Manual or automatic... i started the same thread and got certain amount of solid comments... im posting the link for you to see if that seems answering and helpful..

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...ltis1-6l-m-t-t

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh sorry sorryy.. u asked about my Mt and Mt Sr... my bad..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well as a matter of fact, SR is total luxury and is certainly worth the price difference.. In addition the leather (more precisely letheroid) seat covers in addition to top of the line audio system and rain sensors truly make SR variant worth the price... If i choose, I would go for MT SR...
    Colour in my opinion is Silver... Though Strong Blue also seems tempting to me..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im going off the topic... but i would like to ask how would you rate this new Altis against Reborn.. As im apt to go for reborn in a month or so Inshalah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    Im going off the topic... but i would like to ask how would you rate this new Altis against Reborn.. As im apt to go for reborn in a month or so Inshalah...
    @OP..........Bro, the MT/ SR is worth every penny the difference in price of the MT only version, go for it, too many goodies offered for 100K extra only, never mind.

Pick Silver in color, and black only if like me, you have a personal polisher/washer at home, car-wash stations screw up black color, so it requires home-care.

@Rockerguy............Lol! Keep rocking that Reborn my dear "rocker" bro, hahahaha! I'd suggest you wait it out till next version Civic is launched, humbly how do we keep calling the aged out "reborn" a "reborn" any longer! Come on bro, even a child drops his 1.st set of teeth by 7 years, time for a change by now, you'll regret your purchase next month. Either pick the Altis or wait for next version Civic, that will be more like a "Reborn". Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go fro Altis M/t SR
    Relatives Who Don't Wish Me On My Birthday,............Have No Right To Contact Me On My Result Day

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would Prefer non SR version (Priced at 17 lac approx). If I am spending 18 lac on Corolla , I will try and get Civic Oriel in 19 Lac (Manual Version). For me it will be a far better trade off..

but hey that is just me ...
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post

@Rockerguy............Lol! Keep rocking that Reborn my dear "rocker" bro, hahahaha! I'd suggest you wait it out till next version Civic is launched, humbly how do we keep calling the aged out "reborn" a "reborn" any longer! Come on bro, even a child drops his 1.st set of teeth by 7 years, time for a change by now, you'll regret your purchase next month. Either pick the Altis or wait for next version Civic, that will be more like a "Reborn". Regards.
    As for the Name "Reborn", we use names for identification and not because of instinct features a man or even car has... Even after the child loses his teeth.. he maintains the same name.. or the same nick given by family (just like the nick "Reborn" we have given to Civic 8th Gen)...
    Altis indeed is a supreme car and I openly declare it being a complete car.... but in my opinion civic 8th gen is better than latest Altis... talk of looks, interior, engine capacity, handling, braking, safety, security and what else??
    having said that, I still submit that i may choose Altis because we only have these two cars in Pakistan.. in this category...
    and yes.. as for the rocking thing... i would love to rock the Civic then let Corolla Rock me :p
    so cheers...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    I would Prefer non SR version (Priced at 17 lac approx). If I am spending 18 lac on Corolla , I will try and get Civic Oriel in 19 Lac (Manual Version). For me it will be a far better trade off..

but hey that is just me ...
    true that.....
    im trying to learn to use very careful words when asking or writing something particularly when one comment includes both CIVIC and COROLLA... :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you must go for Altis then please opt for Altis M/T with SR.
    A man is known by the ride he keeps!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster s/r all the way.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Depends on your budget.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 buh poster is cnsidering the option of s/r in cmprison tht means he hs potential to go for it.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes if budget is no prob then sr all the way.And abt civic s altis.Buy the car which you like from heart as both have their pros and cons
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Thank you all for your valuable feedback. It'll surely enable me to take a better decision.
    Thanks once again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    Bro, everybody has his own likings/dislikings and way of thinking. I have always been inclined towards Honda but I personally think it's not the right time to go for civic as the new model release is just around the corner plus I find Honda's suspension a bit hard for our road conditions and specially when you have to travel out of city, so I just want to give Altis a try as it's become talk of the town because of its economy and new dual vvti engine. I hope and pray that it lives to the expectations and I don't suffer from a post-purchase trauma after having it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some may disagree and claim that 100K is worth every penny but I find 100K hard to justify for the following goodies that Toyota is offering in SR ver.:

- so called perforate leatherette seats that will toast your buns if you park your car facing sun and even if they are porous and don't absorb that much of heat, you can always get after market high quality customized fabric/leatherette poshish for just 7.5k-10k that will not only add to your comfort/looks of the car but also protects the original seats)

- Sunroof in a country where we run away from the sun and don't even like to roll down our window panes to avoid dust, heat noise and smell. (hard top is fine with most of us and dont you think sunroof makes already vulnerable car a more soft target for thieves and btw I personally find 1990-1992 H/ Accord sunroof more advanced than Toyota's is offering in 2011-12 models.)

- a 3-4 years old double din stereo, which I would like to throw away and replace it with navigation systems/LCD screen. (in 30-50K you can get a pretty decent and better sound system)

- Rain sensors (merely another shashkaw not much of a usability)

- Whatelse - paying 2k more for registration cost for having all these luxuries, I would like to pay 2k to an agent and a get a better reg number instead of this luxury.

cheers !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Some may disagree and claim that 100K is worth every penny but I find 100K hard to justify for the following goodies that Toyota is offering in SR ver.:

- so called perforate leatherette seats that will toast your buns if you park your car facing sun and even if they are porous and don't absorb that much of heat, you can always get after market high quality customized fabric/leatherette poshish for just 7.5k-10k that will not only add to your comfort/looks of the car but also protects the original seats)

- Sunroof in a country where we run away from the sun and don't even like to roll down our window panes to avoid dust, heat noise and smell. (hard top is fine with most of us and dont you think sunroof makes already vulnerable car a more soft target for thieves and btw I personally find 1990-1992 H/ Accord sunroof more advanced than Toyota's is offering in 2011-12 models.)

- a 3-4 years old double din stereo, which I would like to throw away and replace it with navigation systems/LCD screen. (in 30-50K you can get a pretty decent and better sound system)

- Whatelse - paying 2k more for registration cost for having all these luxuries, I would like to pay 2k to an agent and a get a better reg number instead of this luxury.

cheers !
    You're probably right bro in some of your assertions above, yet that's the way it is here. Company installed goodies always on the higher price end, how much do Xli owners pay for the power windows option in the market, 8-12K's? Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know the present market rates for these things, but it for sure is much lower than if company default!

Humbly, a simple Altis with hardtop @1700K's is just a plain Gli with added Engine displacement of 300 Cc's, the pleasure of Altis starts from SR, just like a hardtop Civic is a plain entry, pleasure is with Oriel. Better take the 1.6 Gli in Auto then, I mean in your case!!!

@Rockerz............Bro, I agree with Mubeenshahid above, go for your heart's desires and then go quickly and all the way, with no after-thoughts, no looking back! At times the Court marriage is better than the arranged one, lolz!

May I just say, you're heavily inclined for the darn immobilizer, I feel. Heck, would love to know of the after-market availability/installation/cost of this thing, but then again, would someone kindly share here, if the immobilizer does make the car completely theft-proof? I DOUBT so!

I feel it's just like another tracker, on top of the 1.st tracker, isn't it? Kindly ignore my ignorance, yet the immobilizer does have weight-age for the Oriel selection over the Altis, to some of our respected brothers here.

Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post

cheers !
    I have heard complains about Corolla's Sunroof on and off the forum !
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List