0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A Buyer seeking advice in buying Honda City or Suzuki Swift

Hello Pakwheelers!
    Im new on PW, this is my first post.
    First of all i thank all of you people who know stuff about cars and post here to help people like me, Thumbs up to you guys!
    Now to my dilemma like situation. To start with i am an undergrad student in Lahore. My first car was toyota vitz 2004 refurbished reg. 2007, i used it for two years, loved that car, just had the oil changed on regular And it did fine but had to let go of it because of some reason, and btw i had converted it to CNG and it ran ok on it. Then i used a 2008 cultus EFI for some time, it was ok but never really loved it. Now i am using a 2011 suzuki alto. Well to be short it disappoints me.
    Now i am planning on buying a new car and so i have turned to more experienced guys here at PW. I have two choices now, literally! because my dad has to pay for my car and i have to use my next car for atleast 3 to 4 years so im planning on buying a brand new car, not a refurbished one. The upper limit of my budget is Honda City and after that i am considering Suzuki swift.But since Swift is a hatchback, in that 300 k difference between swift and city i will get a bigger trunk for luggage in case of long travels and a wider seating space.
    Here are my priorities:
    1- The car should be comfortable and have a good driving experience(Important).
    2- As i have already stated i am a student and keeping the car on petrol is not economically feasible for me, the car has to be converted to CNG later after the purchase. So i need to know which car runs better on CNG (City vs Swift)
    3- The resale value should be acceptable as i will have to sale the car one day.
    4- As CNG is only available half the week here in Lahore, my car will have to run on petrol too. So which car gives a better mileage on petrol is also a concern. As per my knowledge, on petrol City has a better mileage than Swift. Correct me if i am wrong.

I have read a couple of very informative threads relating to City and Swift on CNG here on PW forums and what i have understood from them(I am not an experienced guy on this) is that City is a better run on CNG when compared to swift as swift requires a special type of CNG kit(Sequential which costs more) and has other problems like low mileage on CNG. The only problem in City is that the petrol gauge doesnt work on CNG(keeps lowering when car runs on CNG)
    I am looking for some more points like the ones i stated so please help me by your advice.
    One more thing, I know CNG ruins the cars engine by shortening its lifespan or whatever. But that is something i will have to live by, as i have already stated that converting it to CNG is not an option but a compulsion for me. My daily mileage is around 30 to 40 kms, while once or twice a month i go out of town, total distance of going and coming back is around 450 kms on these days.
    Now you know my situation like i do. So please feel free to comment and enlighten me. Thank you.
    Arslan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DocRC
    I was also passing through the same situation 10 months ago, but then I did some research, considered the pros and cons of all the options available in Pakistan, and I found out that Honda City is the best option in 1300cc category here in Pakistan.
    I got delivery of my car in July this year and I am fully satisfied with my car.
    It has got a very good fuel economy and the engine is also very powerful. The most powerful in 1300cc class in Pakistan.
    Here is a link to my ride for your reference.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...peedster_101-a
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I won't buy a Suzuki even if its made of 24K solid gold !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks speedster and bughlol. @speedster101 i went through your thread, it was helpful. Thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List