Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Chvy optra or Lancer 1.6

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Chvy optra or Lancer 1.6

    Salam to all! My brother in law has a budget of Rs.1.3 million and he has to chose between Chvy optra or Lancer 1.6L. He just doesn't like local Toyota or Honda brands. Please Guide us which one would be better overall. He has to keep the ride for a long time so no issue of resale.
    Regards


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    then why not thinking about a JDM corolla (indus shape), fielder, probox, belta etc etc etc?
    Dear he is just sick of toyota whether local or japanese i don't know why

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    camry47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well according to my XP in middle east I'll suggest you chevrolet optra because it's (MPFI) while lancer is Elecronicaly MPFI and Optra can go upto 180km/h without any hurdles with perfect road grip and aerodynamic while lancer has week road grip and aerodynamic on 150km/h ... Quite sound proof interior no noise of engine while speeding or on turns no vibrations at all nice space at rear and front seats nice trunk space while lancer lack these features ..... I heard Optra maintenance cost hell alot but in resale category Optra takes the lead too. Lancer 1.6 dont

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaaf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    635
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camry47 View Post
    Well according to my XP in middle east I'll suggest you chevrolet optra because it's (MPFI) while lancer is Elecronicaly MPFI and Optra can go upto 180km/h without any hurdles with perfect road grip and aerodynamic while lancer has week road grip and aerodynamic on 150km/h ... Quite sound proof interior no noise of engine while speeding or on turns no vibrations at all nice space at rear and front seats nice trunk space while lancer lack these features ..... I heard Optra maintenance cost hell alot but in resale category Optra takes the lead too. Lancer 1.6 dont

    Resale here in Pakistan Chevy Has absolutely no resale while Lancer In my opinion has no Problem going in high speed, Its very sturdy and also very durable but Optra is Also very good and rather heavier aloing more Road Grip.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaaf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    635
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    Dear he is just sick of toyota whether local or japanese i don't know why
    Well for one thing, He's SMART!

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    guganali007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    5,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    lancer 1.6 all the way
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    faddy1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have kept lancer for a year and now im driving optra. optra is much better than civic prosmatic or lancer in terms of comfort, road grip and power.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    yasirkhanpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am surprised that a car made by chevrolet just dies after 100k. Surprising isnt it ? I mean people in korea were either asleep when designing the car or maybe some super natural force just breaks the engine into two exactly when the car reaches 100k

    I think both cars are pretty good. No problem in handling at high speeds or breaking down at 100k km. Lancer has a superb drive.
    Chevrolet parts are available and they are not that expensive. I guess most of the people have never even bought any part.
    I love lancer and it is a superb car but its parts are expensive plus you wont be able to find them easily on the spot. Lancer has a better resale value than optra.
    Optras are pretty durable cars even when driven roughly.
    Parts are not that cheap but they are available easily. Routine maintenance is not an issue. If you keep banging your car into trucks etc then both lancer and optra will hurt your pocket deeply.
    If you are travelling in villages etc you wont find parts of either optra or lancer .

    If I was in your place I would buy Optra but thats just me.
    You will find both cars in used condition for around 1m.
    www.facebook.com/Pakistanbeautiful

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    yasirkhanpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And believe me neither optra nor lancer would die at even 200k KM if you take only reasonable care. If you take good care of lancer or optra you will never see a mechanic in your life
    www.facebook.com/Pakistanbeautiful

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    camry47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaaf1 View Post
    Resale here in Pakistan Chevy Has absolutely no resale while Lancer In my opinion has no Problem going in high speed, Its very sturdy and also very durable but Optra is Also very good and rather heavier aloing more Road Grip.
    Well I shared my review but the resale thing I really don't know about Pakistan that what's the story over here thanks for the info
    Chvy optra or Lancer 1.6 - sig 30211

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    rizwan745pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have owned Civic, Corolla & Optra (currently) all 2005 models. Optra is far more comfortable, luxurious, safe (body wise) & economical. Parts are easily available, almost same price as civic 2005. Fuel efficiency is very good, it does better than my vti prosmatec. My family had a head on with a 'daala' and the only thing i had to repair was the bumper and a light. On Civic, i had a rear end collision with a merc and it was disastrous. Preventive maintenance is a must. The 100k cost someone is talking about is the ac compressor which dies out at roughly 100k, which can be replaced with a kabli one ... hope this helps.

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    one option could be sunny

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    mubi90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizwan745pk View Post
    I have owned Civic, Corolla & Optra (currently) all 2005 models. Optra is far more comfortable, luxurious, safe (body wise) & economical. Parts are easily available, almost same price as civic 2005. Fuel efficiency is very good, it does better than my vti prosmatec. My family had a head on with a 'daala' and the only thing i had to repair was the bumper and a light. On Civic, i had a rear end collision with a merc and it was disastrous. Preventive maintenance is a must. The 100k cost someone is talking about is the ac compressor which dies out at roughly 100k, which can be replaced with a kabli one ... hope this helps.
    Thank you very much for the information as i am also considering buying an Optra, the only thing i was concerned about was its spares. Thanks once again for this info.

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    mostafa_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubi90 View Post
    Thank you very much for the information as i am also considering buying an Optra, the only thing i was concerned about was its spares. Thanks once again for this info.
    bro go for optra ...we owned optra for 2 years nd at the time of purchase it was only 69k driven and at selling it was abt 127k on dial ...who say's optra engine dies on 100k ...plz knock ur head ..its a korean car nd atleast have more then 200k engine life ...yes compresor dies on 100k but u can eaisly find it ...for spare parts in isb or rwp all are available dnt know abt ur place ...find out some good optra and grab it ....for spare parts its not too expensive but if u use once forget abt it for at least 3-4 years ....

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    mubi90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mostafa_k View Post
    bro go for optra ...we owned optra for 2 years nd at the time of purchase it was only 69k driven and at selling it was abt 127k on dial ...who say's optra engine dies on 100k ...plz knock ur head ..its a korean car nd atleast have more then 200k engine life ...yes compresor dies on 100k but u can eaisly find it ...for spare parts in isb or rwp all are available dnt know abt ur place ...find out some good optra and grab it ....for spare parts its not too expensive but if u use once forget abt it for at least 3-4 years ....
    Actually I was deeply demotivated by a number of people having a mentality of Suzus, Rollas and Hondas and "RESALE" factor was there first priority. That's when I turned to PW, I knew this is the place! Thanks alot.

    If you know any optra in good condition that's for sale in ISB, please do let me know.

    Mubashir
    mubashir.alee@gmail.com

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    faddy1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    optra has a heavy drive like bmw and mercedes. Go for optra ...

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    hypersonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @OP
    I would have been the last person in Pakistan to buy lancer and optra if I have a budget of Rs 1.3 million.
    I always learn from the mistake of those who take my advice.

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    leo68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear, you have 1.3m budget, and looking for Optra or Lancer where you can get these cars for around 0.9m.
    My sincere advise for you to go for reborn 2007 in this budget.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •