Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Caltex Petrol Vs Total Petrol (Share Views)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Ehsan4808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,816
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Caltex Petrol Vs Total Petrol (Share Views)

    I,ve got Suzuki Alto 660CC

    I got it filled from Caltex , Got mileage of 12 KM/L
    I got it filled from Total, Got mileage of 16.12 KM/L

    As a brand,Personaly i liked Caltex more than Total. But now after getting pathetic milage from Caltext Techron Fuel, i am switching to Total Hi-Super.. Can any1 share his experience of techron?.

    Confused!!


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqs29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,129
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Did u test both Caltex & Total under same conditions. I always filled my Xli from Caltex

  3. #3
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    I,ve got Suzuki Alto 660CC

    I got it filled from Caltex , Got mileage of 12 KM/L
    I got it filled from Total, Got mileage of 16.12 KM/L

    As a brand,Personaly i liked Caltex more than Total. But now after getting pathetic milage from Caltext Techron Fuel, i am switching to Total Hi-Super.. Can any1 share his experience of techron?.

    Confused!!
    Brother it doesnt matter about the brand name. You will find different quality of petrol in different pumps. Most of these pumps are not company run. Sometimes you will find excellent petrol from one pump and very bad from another. It will have nothing to do with company name but with honesty of the pump owner.
    Like caltrex on Wahdat road is quite good but the one on canal road near izmir society is bad.
    If you are getting good mileage from one Total pump, that doesnt mean that all Total pumps will give same or good mileage.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    race_addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Brother it doesnt matter about the brand name. You will find different quality of petrol in different pumps. Most of these pumps are not company run. Sometimes you will find excellent petrol from one pump and very bad from another. It will have nothing to do with company name but with honesty of the pump owner.
    Like caltrex on Wahdat road is quite good but the one on canal road near izmir society is bad.
    If you are getting good mileage from one Total pump, that doesnt mean that all Total pumps will give same or good mileage.
    A good & Balanced Reply

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have also a Petrol related issue.

    I feel that Petrol of Total gives more knocking sound as compare to PSO.

    Any experience?
    Do good, have good.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmedk06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Total is by any means the worst fueling station in Pakistan, check with PSO company operated fuel pump.
    Even Caltex is mixing JP4 / Irani fuel with the normal fuel from Refinery. Only PSO company operated pumps have tankers that are sealed till they reach the pumping station.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Brother it doesnt matter about the brand name. You will find different quality of petrol in different pumps. Most of these pumps are not company run. Sometimes you will find excellent petrol from one pump and very bad from another. It will have nothing to do with company name but with honesty of the pump owner.
    Like caltrex on Wahdat road is quite good but the one on canal road near izmir society is bad.
    If you are getting good mileage from one Total pump, that doesnt mean that all Total pumps will give same or good mileage.
    +1 well balanced responce, i am using pso ( one at calvery road cantt and one at girja chock cantt) and quite satisfy but sure its not mean all pso pumps quality would same, its just of personal experince and try to stick on good experince

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    +1 well balanced responce, i am using pso ( one at calvery road cantt and one at girja chock cantt) and quite satisfy but sure its not mean all pso pumps quality would same, its just of personal experince and try to stick on good experince

    I am also using the PSO Cavelry ground pump and found it good.

    But how can we get to know which one is company owned?
    Do good, have good.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Ehsan4808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,816
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Aks
    Yes man, Same cinditions. Without A/C and in city with moderate foot on accelarator. .Well the point which i wanted to raise was.. Does petrol itself can decrease the milage?. All 3 times i got it filled till top where i can see the petrol completely filled. 1st filling from Caltex Model Town Link Road. (Bad Milage)
    2nd filling from Total M.M.Alam Road. (Good Mileage)
    3rd filling from Caltex Guru Mangat Road. (Bad Mileage)

    Any 1 more, who would like to share his comparison of Caltex Petrol with any other ?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhashmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,730
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedk06 View Post
    Total is by any means the worst fueling station in Pakistan, check with PSO company operated fuel pump.
    Even Caltex is mixing JP4 / Irani fuel with the normal fuel from Refinery. Only PSO company operated pumps have tankers that are sealed till they reach the pumping station.
    JP4 ?
    u know wat JP4 is? its the jet fuel bhai...

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by navidzafar View Post
    I am also using the PSO Cavelry ground pump and found it good.

    But how can we get to know which one is company owned?
    ask for the invoice and on invoice station name mention, e.g if private own than something like "wazir filling station" etc , on some of filling stations i saw such private names even they are from shell, pso or total etc

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    ask for the invoice and on invoice station name mention, e.g if private own than something like "wazir filling station" etc , on some of filling stations i saw such private names even they are from shell, pso or total etc

    I have tried this. Even I ask their staff but could not find a single pump which is company owned (in Lahore)
    Do good, have good.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ??
    Do good, have good.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnanaa35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ Ehsan4808

    Please give me info whats the Japanese Alto Max speed ?
    And Howz ur experiences while using Japanese Alto(660cc).

    Thanks if u shared ur experience

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    kse101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,031
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adnanaa35 View Post
    @ Ehsan4808

    Please give me info whats the Japanese Alto Max speed ?
    And Howz ur experiences while using Japanese Alto(660cc).

    Thanks if u shared ur experience
    Here it is https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-4808-new-ride

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Shakills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    this thread reminded of my trip to Noshehra/Topi/Tarbela with friends on my Recon Corolla 86 back in 90's.
    Soon after the Lahore petrol tank finished and refuelled car lost the pick and had knocking issues, we ended up changing plugs, oil change etc on the way but no avail and my friend accusing on failing to service the car properly. we learnt to live with underpowered car for few days and accepted its the car!

    on the way back, we refuelled at Chenab bridge petrol station.... and corolla rocked back to its long lost power!!! it was bad fuel all along and unfortunately we bumped to all the bad ones on the way!!!

    so I guess its all about management of the very station not the brand, many mix water, kerosene or anthing else they feel suitable.
    -

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    ImMFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    PSo Is BeTTeR
    Mein Mast

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Do good, have good.

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Do good, have good.

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    navidzafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Could you guys tells me company operated petrol pumps in Lahore Cantt (PSO,TOTAL or Shell)?
    Do good, have good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •