0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan ADVan

heylow...wanted to know if sum1 owns an ADVan...need user reviews on its performance, fuel efficiency, pick up n availability of parts
    and a comparison wid locally assembled corolla n city
    also a comparison wid imported toyota probox

Neva dRive fAster thAn youR guArdiAn angel cAn fly.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know much about Nissan Ad but have heard that it's way too cheaper than Rs. 2005-6 model can be had for Rs.7-8 lakh.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

m jst concerned with its fuel efficiency. anyone knowing it plz share its fuel average in petrol. rest seems good car to me as have driven my friends ADVan.. the only problm is with its rear seat that are too straight and extremely uncomfortable.. from xtremely i mean EXTREMELY.. i just sat for abt 2 minutes and started having backache hideous
    Waiting for the Dawn......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    I don't know much about Nissan Ad but have heard that it's way too cheaper than Rs. 2005-6 model can be had for Rs.7-8 lakh.
    yes its indeed very cheap...it costs around 7.5-8.5 which is very reasonable wen mehran costs u 6

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by theone326 View Post
    m jst concerned with its fuel efficiency. anyone knowing it plz share its fuel average in petrol. rest seems good car to me as have driven my friends ADVan.. the only problm is with its rear seat that are too straight and extremely uncomfortable.. from xtremely i mean EXTREMELY.. i just sat for abt 2 minutes and started having backache hideous
    didn't u ask ur friend abt da fuel efficiency???
    da rear seat is an issue but it can b easily moded with a few bucks to make it comfy n cozy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3hm3dKhAn View Post
    didn't u ask ur friend abt da fuel efficiency???
    da rear seat is an issue but it can b easily moded with a few bucks to make it comfy n cozy
    I also think the same all the people here are saying that back seats of advan and probox are not comfortable, I think they dont know that in pakistan how easy it is to fit another cars seat into another car. I have seen a lot of bolans with hiace seats and they are comfortable than our mehran, cultus, cuore etc. I dont think that seats change will cost more than 15-20k and original jdm seats can be fitted so no problem.

I am also looking for station wagon because in the price range it seems a great choice. For nissan the main concern is parts whereas on the other hand probox is toyota and contains many parts of corolla so will be cheap to maintain

On some thread here I read a member travelling from islamabad to karachi and getting around 16-17 km/ltr on petrol in his probox 1300. The other day I met a probox owner and he had 2 50l cylinder fitted in the back of his car. He said that in around 15kg of gas he goes to multan thats approximately 20km city drive+360 km highway. So the probox is indeed economical in 1300cc and the car I am mentioning were auto so you can imagine what the mileage would have been had they been manual

I have heard a lot of people say that nissans and hondas are most of the times more economical than toyotas of same generations, same displacement. I have also come to know that ad van is also available in manual. So to me the only problem is parts availibility otherwise ad van is cheaper and more economical than probox

BTW what is the price range for 2006 probox and advan

The person who I narrated said that he bought that in 950k in oct or nov and it was silver he said white was available for 50k less

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3hm3dKhAn View Post
    yes its indeed very cheap...it costs around 7.5-8.5 which is very reasonable wen mehran costs u 6
    bhai mehran 6 lakh ki sirf showroom per hogi issay road per chalany kay liye 25-30k or dany parain *** tires rim ko choor kay. Aur mehran petrol 1600cc wala khati hai 12 in city and 14-15 on long. Whereas new 1300cc give 13-14 in city and 16-17 on long

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^bro 12 bi nai deti !
    My old mehran used to give 7kmpl....driven on petrol throughout !
    And as for the Advan ...i think it is a very decent family car !
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! ==========www.Performance-diy.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by furri View Post
    ^bro 12 bi nai deti !
    My old mehran used to give 7kmpl....driven on petrol throughout !
    And as for the Advan ...i think it is a very decent family car !
    Bhai 12 to meri bhi nahi dete its around 10. But agar mein yahan apni ture economy post karta to log mujhe advices detay kay do this do that your mileage will improve or original topic ka murder ho jata is liye maximum likh di hai jo kay mehran say possible. BTW suzuki waqai abnormal car hai I had a Bolan and have a mehran. Bolan never crossed 100 on highway even on petrol. I was returning from isloo and at speed of around 115 a bolan overtook me with 3 passengers and when I was going to isloo another mehran overtook me when I was at 120 with 2 passengers. We used to get 18km/l in fx with 4 people so you can expect abnormal averages from suzuki

BTW I also like advan. great space the man I narrated earlier had 2 cylindes installe in his probox and belive me they were only covering space upto the rear tire curve in fender rest all space was free. These cars are perfect for pakistani families having a lot of children. My chacho used to have those crown station wagon and I tell you when we were kids My chacho used to do this. He and his wife and small children on front. Our grandmother, my mom, my elder sister and my dad on the rear seat and we all 6 children in the back with carpet on the floor so you can imagine its potential in pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Crown estate is a spaceship ...My friend owns a 79 model estate crown and it is more comfortable as compared to new corollas and civics!
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! ==========www.Performance-diy.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    bhai mehran 6 lakh ki sirf showroom per hogi issay road per chalany kay liye 25-30k or dany parain *** tires rim ko choor kay. Aur mehran petrol 1600cc wala khati hai 12 in city and 14-15 on long. Whereas new 1300cc give 13-14 in city and 16-17 on long
    hahaha waqai yaar bot aala baat...i always used to think k choti gario ki bot fyt consumption hogi until i drove 1 on highway
    ye to aewein baatein hi bani hui hain k choti gari rakhna aasan hai jab k bari gari rakhna ameero ka kaam hai
    believe me choti gaarian bari se b pathetic hain interms of consumption...i drove a coure (on highway frm kohat to lahore) which is considered by many as good car in da choti category but it was more xpensive dan my suuny...it cost me around RS2500 one side whereas my sunny does it in around RS2300

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    Bhai 12 to meri bhi nahi dete its around 10. But agar mein yahan apni ture economy post karta to log mujhe advices detay kay do this do that your mileage will improve or original topic ka murder ho jata is liye maximum likh di hai jo kay mehran say possible. BTW suzuki waqai abnormal car hai I had a Bolan and have a mehran. Bolan never crossed 100 on highway even on petrol. I was returning from isloo and at speed of around 115 a bolan overtook me with 3 passengers and when I was going to isloo another mehran overtook me when I was at 120 with 2 passengers. We used to get 18km/l in fx with 4 people so you can expect abnormal averages from suzuki

BTW I also like advan. great space the man I narrated earlier had 2 cylindes installe in his probox and belive me they were only covering space upto the rear tire curve in fender rest all space was free. These cars are perfect for pakistani families having a lot of children. My chacho used to have those crown station wagon and I tell you when we were kids My chacho used to do this. He and his wife and small children on front. Our grandmother, my mom, my elder sister and my dad on the rear seat and we all 6 children in the back with carpet on the floor so you can imagine its potential in pakistan
    wen talking abt da space probox n advan hav none in competition...n waqai dese cars offer an amazing package to pakistani families...hum to mehran mein hi 8 8 banday waarr letay hain to ye to phir aik station wagon hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we still need here sum1 who personally owns an ad or a pro to get more usefull info regaring dem...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok i have an AD and on long it gives 13-14KM/L whereas locally i never noticed... i paid Rs. 775K (1300CC auto) and i highly recommend it as i am using it from the last 2 months haven’t notice any problem at all. The back seat problem is very true but for me its not a big problem since I hardly use them… regarding parts --- the engine parts are the same as local nisan and its easily available but the body parts are not available YET but I believe it is the same with probox as well… so if someone is really conscious about the body parts then I wouldn’t recommend (same applies to probox) it as we don’t know if we are going to see the parts soon in the market…

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also interested in buying an AD van
    Its pretty cheap comparing to a Probox
    It has a better interior comparing to a Probox
    Engine displacement it similar to that of probox but probox has a vvti engine
    Both have the same back seats
    Overall its a good car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone tell that how do we pronounce this car ... is it AD van or A D van

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanulamin View Post
    can anyone tell that how do we pronounce this car ... is it AD van or A D van
    Have heard pepople saying A D. So i think its A D. Not sure though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah its A D van

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think anyone looking to use imported cars should get same insured because atleast it will provide a cover against the loss suffered on buying body parts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was collecting some info on the net and what I found out is:

The duty on import of 1300cc cars is 11000$ and you get depreciation at 1% per month upto 50% so the minimum duty to paid will be atleast 5500$

The freight, insurance, landing fees, agent comission etc will be around 2000-2500$

Now if you are looking to import an ad van than around 7500-8000$ will be minimum you have to pay i.e 675,000-720,000. Now a good condition advan i.e 3.5-4 grade with B interior and having very less touchups as shown on auction sheet will cost 2000-2500$ i.e 180,000-235,000. Now adding all will come out to be 855,000-955,000. This is the amount you have to pay to clear your car now you have to get it registered it will cost you around 25,000 and if you go for seat change i.e 20,000 so you can get your advan driveable at around 900,000-1,000,000. Now the thing I dont understand is that I have come to know that dealers earn minimum 100,000 on a imported vehicle so the cost now becomes 1,000,000-1,100,000. A surprising thing is that inspite all the above costs dealers are still selling fresh imports at around 850,000-900,000 unregistered and 950,000-1,000,000 for registered ones So daal mein kuch kala hai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List