0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Disadvantages of Corolla 2.D - 2002-2003

Dear Members , I have decided to buy Corolla 2D 2003 model in Karachi.. I never use DIESEL car so I dont know the price and disadvantages of diesel engine performance / Maintenance.

I will be glad if you please share your experiances guide me to buy 2.D , 2OO3 model Price???? etc with me. Thanks .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm...well I don't know much, but diesel is expensive now a days....like 100 Rs. per liter or so.... and if the corolla is in very immaculate condition, it will be giving u 13-14 in city, so u will be getting 130 km in Rs. 1000 and if you compare it to petrol, its almost near at Rs. 88 so you will be getting 130 km in Rs. 880 (don't know the exact price), and the main advantage of petrol engine is the induction of CNG in which case, you will still be getting the 130 km in Rs. 550.

Also, it is noisy no matter what.

On technical aspects, techies will tell u better.
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank U star...I will use as 2nd car ,so milage is not an issue.. I need to know about market prices in karachi ?...Is diesel engine reliable ?... Parts available ? Re-sale Value ?..How log a powerful engine can be use , How much cost will required to re-essemble the Diesel engine of Corrolla 2003 model ?... thanks . Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    hmmm...well I don't know much, but diesel is expensive now a days....like 100 Rs. per liter or so.... and if the corolla is in very immaculate condition, it will be giving u 13-14 in city, so u will be getting 130 km in Rs. 1000 and if you compare it to petrol, its almost near at Rs. 88 so you will be getting 130 km in Rs. 880 (don't know the exact price), and the main advantage of petrol engine is the induction of CNG in which case, you will still be getting the 130 km in Rs. 550.

Also, it is noisy no matter what.

On technical aspects, techies will tell u better.

oyeeeeeeeeeee jani kaisa hai tou.........long time no c yar....how's it going ...... just saw your face and i couldn't resist replying ...... koi aor kaam dhanda shuru kia hai ya wohi purana wala hi PIP ..... yar banda kabhi phone hi ker leta hai bhala kay bas tou nay apnay (servants) employees ko hi phone kerna hota hai

@poster

Sorry for being off topic sir, this "star" is a good friend of mine and i have seen him after a long time, so couldn't hold my emotions there ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey hi lolz.............called u many times man, but you did not pick up......where you have been busy ??? left pip, they did not pay, doing a job will contact ya tomorrow man, stay put.

@poster
    sorry from my side as well man
    u r the source for mating two separated souls
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    diesel engine is reliable as long as you maintain it like a baby....
    part are available, yes.
    Resale value is not that gr8 due to diesel prices you know.
    Depends on your driving and maintenance, but a good engine should last long nothing less than 200,000 km.
    Cost.....well, have no idea about cost.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a diesel engine does not require maintenance like a baby, its a pretty tough engine - It only becomes problematic when ustaadjee mechanic thinks he can outsmart the manufacturers

OR

ustaadjee mechanic has no idea how to diagnose a diesel engine fault, e.g. ask a diesel ustaad what is the remedy of intake backwash in a toyota 2C diesel used by Indus motors, and why after a year or two the idle speed control system does not work correctly on it.

A correct running diesel would be considered "broken in" after 150,000 kms, I just recently did a compression test on my mercedes benz diesel here, its done 110,000 miles (176,000 kms) and each cylinder showed 480 psi compression, new engine compression is 500 psi, not bad huh..

Maintenance done was coolant change recently, All 3 fuel filters changed recently, oil changed with mineral oil every 4000 miles.

IMO the engine has just started its working life and it pulls sweet though its rev range. The most weird part is that some mechanics here had condemned this engine "DEAD" because it refused to start at all. The problem was a blocked cat convertor that was causing high pressure in the crankcase causing the injection pump self shutoff to activate.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ive kept diesel vehs from 2001 till 2008 incl 2 brand new toyota diesels. Ive enjoyed em alot. The disadvantages are the maint cost in terms of oil change. Toyota recommends oil change at 2500 kms which costs around Rs3000 or even more for a good quality oil. Whereas that of a petrol car is to be changed after 5000kms. Diesel has shooted up and thus its per km cost has gone up. CNG is a cheap alternative still 30 to 40% cost effective.in short the per KM cost is more than a car run on CNG n even on petrol. Its noisy so i used to keep the radio always on loud! Now im getting old n prefer quieter music Rest diesels are powerful engines and u can make em run for days non stop! Enjoyed the car in summers as the AC was damned chilled without compromise on the power. I used to get 13km/l mixed driving.which comes to around Rs9 /KM incl oil change expenditure. My 1.8 civic costs me around Rs 8/km on petrol incl oil expenditure. As per fuel prices of nowadays I dont have to go freq for oil changes,enjoy a quiter drive n if my veh is CNGed the cost will come even down.this is the reason diesels hve lost their appeal a bit.
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar bhai +1...

@poster.. diesel engines are built for long runs hence they are tough.. but xulfiqar bhai have already mentioned the USTAAD problem here in Pakistan,, i own corolla 2.0d saloon 2005, it has done 184,000 kms, toyota indus motor says that ENGINE KAMZOR HOGYA HA MARCH MAIN GENERAL OVERHAUL KRWA LAIN, "right", but my car emits no black, blue or white smoke, starts on first preglow in winters, diesel average is still as good as it was new, no heat issues at all.. still i cant understand why after seeing the mileage the TOYOTA INDUS USTAD told me to overhaul engine. diesel average with my 2005: 15km in city, 17 on motorway( i am very light foot driver)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My experience with Nissan 1.7 Diesel engine was very good indeed until 2008 when price started to creep up.
    Things I liked:
    -- Excellent road grip.
    -- Good mileage, my 1.7liter engine gave me 17kmpl in city and 20 on long.
    -- A reliable engine, very little unforeseen engine issues. Once get going no maintenance required, makes it valuable for long routes.
    -- Excellent A/C
    -- Good control at high speeds.

Dis-likings were:
    -- More noise.
    -- More frequent oil changes.
    -- require longer time to warm up.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel engine is expensive to run! low pick-up but high end speed and really powerful! engine noise is toooo much i mean i cant bear the bass produced by the engine!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have heard that mobil oil in diesel engines is always black. Even if u put new engine oil & drive the car for 5min, the oil will be black again... Is it true or there is some problem with my 2.0D 2001. I recently flushed the engine & changed the oil but within no time the oil got extremely dark
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that shape had worst brakes ever.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Its very easy to buy diesel car , but its not easy to maintain it.. u must have sufficient amount to use even a 2nd Car.. I wont recommend diesel cars ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    I have heard that mobil oil in diesel engines is always black. Even if u put new engine oil & drive the car for 5min, the oil will be black again... Is it true or there is some problem with my 2.0D 2001. I recently flushed the engine & changed the oil but within no time the oil got extremely dark
    All diesel engines do this. Dont get worried

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by masudkamran View Post
    Dear Members , I have decided to buy Corolla 2D 2003 model in Karachi.. I never use DIESEL car so I dont know the price and disadvantages of diesel engine performance / Maintenance.

I will be glad if you please share your experiances guide me to buy 2.D , 2OO3 model Price???? etc with me. Thanks .
    2.0D is a very powerful car compared with the petrol variants. If u want to enjoy the power then go for it. But if u think of economy then nowadays due to rise in diesel prices, the average expense per km is almost same as that of petrol variants. there is no extra maintenance or disadvantage. Initial cost of the used 2.0D will be lesser than that of a petrol variant. meaning that the amount u spend lesser on buying will be consumed later by u on fuel.
    besides the higher prices of diesel i am and will be proud to own a diesel vehicle bcoz of power.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by masudkamran View Post
    Thank U star...I will use as 2nd car ,so milage is not an issue.. I need to know about market prices in karachi ?...Is diesel engine reliable ?... Parts available ? Re-sale Value ?..How log a powerful engine can be use , How much cost will required to re-essemble the Diesel engine of Corrolla 2003 model ?... thanks . Regards.
    cost of 2003 2.oD is approx 7 lac while that of 2.0d saloon is approx 8 lac max.Parts are easily available. resale is not a big issue. dont know the assembling cost.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Most people here are either replying stereotypes or gossip,

diesels are nazuk = wrong
    diesels require 1000 kms oil change because they blacken the oil = put the pipe down and come out of the victorian era please.
    diesels require more maintenance than a hot blond girlfriend = You either are dating a corpse or have a pretty badly raped diesel and a rapist diesel mechanic
    diesels have short life = stop filling your pipe with garda

Once you have good solid diagnosis technique you can test a system properly, e.g. You need a good compression tester to see if your cylinders are generating enough air pressure to ignite the fuel, not blabbering that the engine is weak because it has blowby, just like a doctor is no good if he prescribes panadol for headaches, vertigo and also diarhea and all without testing
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diesel Car Owners , Where to get good diesel machanic Ustad Jee in Karachi.. Guyz u 've changed my mind.. It seems im going to buy " WHITE HATI" ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice. U will enjoy the power of diesel.