Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2012 Corolla bumper

Salam everyone,

My new 2012 GLi Corolla was recently hit from behind and the bumper was damaged. As the car was insured, I got the bumper replaced with a new one.

However now I have a problem: The bumper's shade doesn't match 100% with the body's shade, especially the texture of the paint. This problem isn't very visible in sunlight however at specific times and specific angles, the shade becomes completely different.

I am attaching pics for your reference:

2012 Corolla bumper -369880

2012 Corolla bumper -369881

2012 Corolla bumper -369879

2012 Corolla bumper -369882

The first three pictures are of my car. The last picture is of a brand new zero meter car standing at the dealership. As you can see there is a severe shade difference. HOWEVER, this is only visible at certain angles and certain times only. Most of the time this shade difference is not visible.

Also, the texture (the glitter, grain and glitter density) in the brand new car's bumper and my repainted bumper is very different.

I have gone through mental torture at the hands of Toyota Airport motors in Lahore who insulted me and mentally tormented me and refused to fix the problem. They also proclaimed that this is a 100% match. I showed them these pictures and also pleaded with the owner of Toyota Airport Motors Mr Faizan who was gracious enough to inspect the car himself but in direct sunlight, there was no difference visible and hence he categorically stated that we can't provide any better service than this.

I also visited the official dealer of Nippon with Auto Refinish tech, however he told me that it isn't possible to get an exact match of the texture with the body.

I have also talked with Bad_Cheetah and sought his advice on this matter as he is a detailing expert however his solution is to go for a repaint and I don't have the energy or mental capacity to again deal with a painter if the paint doesn't match.

I wanted to know from my fellow Pakwheelers whether already painted bumpers are available in Bilal Gunj so that I can replace my bumper with a bumper taken off another silver Corolla as I do not want to get into the hassle of getting the bumper repainted again and again.

Thanks and regards,

Jayb

Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats normal brother it is because of incorrect colour match and when ever bumpers are painted they never give 100% match; its better to leave it as it is.By the way its meduium silver colour na .congrats for your new car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its pakistan, u cannot expect better quality then this. colour matching is quiet a difficult job and especially when the colour is silver (white n black r easy to match). ur colour difference is neglectable however u could have done what i did, i.e, just repaired the bumper rather then buying a new one. metal torture might have been way less because it would cost around 600 rs only. anyhow, i would suggest to wait a while. the paint is fresh after a month the colour will turn a bit dull n then u wont feel any difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oooh sorry, forgot the car was insured. by the way, how much did changing bumper cost u, i mean, i have they still charge u 10% of it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its nothing dont worry, Your being suspicious because happend with a brand new car, You can visit any showroom and see for your self, the difference would still be there, It even more in Hondas.

Its not about Toyota and Honda, Its just that the body and the bumpers are painted seperatly, And paint on plastics and metals shows differnt shades.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for your responses.

Azeemmajeed thank you and yes it is medium silver.

I will wait for a couple of months then and see if the paint becomes dull and matches with the body.

MKarsalan I paid Rs 333 for the new bumper. I was charged 5% depreciation because the car is still less than 6 months old. I really wish I had gotten my old bumper repaired. It wasn't a big crack and could have been repaired easily, however due to insurance and the car being almost new I decided to got for replacement. I thought that because the car is new the paint would easily match but it hasnt been the case.

Chinyoti you are right that the bumpers and the body are painted separately. However I don't understand why the front bumper doesn't have this shade issue then? And the texture on the front bumper is an exact match with the body.

And also my original question, are factory painted bumpers available in bilal gunj?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

janab ap nai insurance sai replacment lai kar bohat bari mistake kari hai agar ap bilal gunj sai laytay tou paisay kaam lagtay aur ap ki car ka next year premium bhi kam hota color ka itna difference apnay mulk mai chalta hai bhai himmat rakhyeay dil na chohta karyeay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PKTUN thanks for advice bro. But nobody has answered my original question still, can I find factory painted bumpers from Bilal Gunj?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waisay, by the way, what is the FUEL AVERAGE OF UR GLI 2012 1.3 especially in the city area

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you can score factory fitted bumpers from Bilal Gunj but they will be scratched at various places. I'd suggest that you let it be. It's impossible to get exact match in metallic colours when plastic parts are painted separately. If you look closely in the first pic, u'll see that even your factory painted side skirt is also in a different shade.
    But still if you are bent upon going for a repaint, then i'd suggest that you go to Javed Autos. His work speaks for itself though he charges heavily. U'll b charged around 6K for the bumper.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

using a color coded wax like turtle color magic might make this difference less obvious,

any good glaze followed by a decent wax will reduce this difference. the first time i tested a decent quality wax i.e meguiars gold class on my dad's silver corolla i was shocked that the portion i had just treated seemed to look darker then the surrounding panels, and this was on original paint

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is totally normal. You should wait a little for the sunlight to do its magic.
    After some time you will notice it less.

Same thing happens with white cars. When the new part is whiter than rest of the which is a little yellowish but after some time it fixes itself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

W Salam
    Its new thats why there is a diffrence, Painters usually eradicate this difference by putting lacker on fender, this will make them look same but ur back fender will also count as touchup and it will result in damaging ur resale.
    Keep it as it is, the diffrence will be toned down after some time, Mettalic Colours usually give diffrent shades when they are new. Tinkering with it will make it even worse.
    Btw work quality looks really bad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for your advices.

I escalated this issue with Indus Motor Corp and they got my bumper repainted from Toyota Walton Lahore. However, the paint match team at Toyota Walton took one whole day simply to accurately match the paint.

The difference is now greatly reduced. The problem was the glitter used in the paint. The colour code that IMC has provided suggests using a smaller, finer grain whereas in actuality the factory paint uses a thicker, coarser grain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u can get bumbe from bilal gang i sa wthere ...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List