Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: what if you lose control over car at high speed??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default what if you lose control over car at high speed??

Dear Pakwheelers!
    It's just for information and for future safety. suppose you are going at high speed say 100 km/hour or more and you lose control over your car what and how should we do to control our car? i'm asking because i've experienced this situation 2 or 3 times and only once i was saved. on two occasions i got the car damaged because the speed was too high..
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kalma parhna chaheay
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use brakes or brains

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stay claim and hold steering tight and apply brake...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwh_nM4wtrg ..... check this video and drive safe..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Depends on your reflexes. At high speed reaction time is very less and whatever we do depends on how fast we can react.

Had accident once at a speed of 110 on highway and thanks to ALLAH i reacted in time to save myself and the other person (who was at fault). Car suffered some damage but had I taken any other decision there would have been loss of life too.
    Still I don't know how I will react the next time it happens because it is easy to say press brakes, shift to lower gear but you really don't have that much time and on top of that our high tech cars plus extremely well built (grippy) roads make it much more difficult.

Best thing is to know your limit and the limit of the vehicle you are driving. Speed thrills but kills
    www.facebook.com/Pakistanbeautiful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always .... ''Steer into the direction of the skid''

dont let the brakes lock-up (if your car has no ABS) ........letting go of the brake pedal to regain some control over the steering direction of the vehicle.

and the rest is upto the Magnificent One!

thank you.
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Remember my advise and believe me it will save you or reduce the risk from getting the car totally out of control........ You may regain the grip back if you succeed to get the speed reduce.........

ALWAYS WEAR SEAT BELT WHENEVER YOU ARE IN A MOOD TO REV AT HIGH SPEED. I WOULD SAY ABOVE 65KM/HR YOUR SEAT BELT MUST BE FASTEN.

why so... because of my own experience as it were the days of youth when i decided not to brake till a certain point and that was my bad approach....actually it was a good patch and it wasn't a point but a moving car..... if lahories reading then the place was from center point to liberty chowk (bara daree). Well, as i crossed the vehicle i noticed a bend and on my slight foot over brake the car went out of control somehow (i used to think myself as most expert in that model HUH! but took my breath and heart beat could be felt in brain).....
    well, saved it somehow from cycle wala and others and could not get it ROLL AGAIN till it was put to 0km/hr. You know what i found WHEN STOPPED, my one right hand on steering while my legs were in each section (one in passenger side and the other in driver section) with right foot on brake......
    Conclusion: learnt from there which i didn't mention and use to always warn others AUTOMATIC ARE MOST DANGEROUS TO CONTROLL IN CORNERING BECAUSE ONCE YOU PUT A FIRM BRAKE AT HIGH SPEED IT WILL SKID INN DUE TO ITS HYDRAULIC BRAKING SYSTEM..... MIGHT TECHNOLOGY HAS OVER COME IN CURRENT TIMES...

THE CAR WAS CITY 2000 AUTOMATIC.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

Its quite a Nice & Informative topic started !!

Well First of all!! Drive Safe!! & Remember If Some one, Who Don't take care of his Life & says Im so Much Expert , Nothing gonna happen to me, He Should at least think of His Parents Whats gonna happen if He Got Hurt or
    KHUDA-NA-KHASTA Death !! & I've heard some people also say the time of Death is Fixed, No Doubt its fixed But Remember Life is Amanat From ALLAH ALMIGHTY & He has has Ordered every Human to Take Care of there Lifes as Greatly as Possible!!

One day i was going with My Friend on YAMAHA Junoon at speed 82km/h(Approx) suddenly A khyber Guy got a U-turn & got in-front of him At once !! He Applied the beak 2-3 Steps & We got saved

THE TIP is: Don't apply Breaks at once on A Motor Bike It'll result in Skid Slip or Rolling Over!!
    Pakistan needs MaSsive Over-HAULING!! So either stay or Just Leave it!!

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if it happens then corss your nuts and kiss your @$$ a good bye.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It all depends upon your skills and luck then.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistani's dont get skills from God. we need a circuit track - test area to learn what to do in situations.

None of the above posts are focused on practise. Car is nothing without a road whether its a aston martin, audi, bmw, honda civic whatever. ,

and this case of high speed manuver skills, you need a open test practise area.

so lets get the facts straight and work on circuit track built..
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    Pakistani's dont get skills from God. we need a circuit track - test area to learn what to do in situations.

None of the above posts are focused on practise. Car is nothing without a road whether its a aston martin, audi, bmw, honda civic whatever. ,

and this case of high speed manuver skills, you need a open test practise area.

so lets get the facts straight and work on circuit track built..
    what is your opinion about cotroling over oversteer bu understreer?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    what is your opinion about cotroling over oversteer bu understreer?

this isnt about sitting behind pc looking at screen,

this is about on track in car , practising.

opnions later, track and training first
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    this isnt about sitting behind pc looking at screen,

this is about on track in car , practising.

opnions later, track and training first
    theory should always be forst and than practical.

2nd question

what is your opinion about let it oversteer and accelerate more so it can rollover and again on all 4 wheels after the roll over.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seriously guys the advice given above is almost laughable.

First of all always wear your seatbelt and get your passengers to belt up too. The seatbelt is there for a reason. It also stops you flying through the windscreen.

Secondly make sure your suspension and braking system is in good order. Replace any worn bushes, shocks and steering components. Rubber components always wear out. Replace them. All braking systems are hydraulic. Make sure that all your brakes are working right.

Lastly ensure you have got decent tyres on the car. Your tyres are the only thing keeping you on the road. There is no point in risking your or anyone else's life over a dodgy set of tyres. Ensure your tyres are inflated to the correct pressure. Also have your wheels aligned to ensure they are all pointing in the same direction.

There is no reason whatsoever for you to simply lose control of a car. It is a user operated machine not a donkey. Drive within the limits of the road, local conditions and more importantly ensure you can come to a stop within your immediate visibility. If you cannot come to a complete stop within the space you can see in front of you then you are going too fast.

I drive a 20 year old car. I have and do take high speed corners at over 120kmh however my 20 year old car has tyres designed to do the job and all suspension components as well as steering components are in good serviceable condition.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster well my problem is that i drive quite fast(though its a bad keera).i often face such conditions and only thing i suggest is that never loose your senses and never think ''now i have no way out''first try to think how car is responding to your efforts then act accordingly.
    if you are dead sure that you are going to hit for sure,try to save your side,if there are pessengers in cAR try to get it hit from front.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know it's difficult to suggest unless u experience it in actual. Most of the replies are based on safety precautions which are done before driving and everybody knows about them . The question was how to react in that situation?? How to apply brakes? Hand brakes?? steering control?? if you sure to hit then hit on which side?? and bla bla..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it happened to me last yr on motorway at 140km/hr..i was driving at night n suddenly a cat appeared infront of me.so i tried to save her n car got out of control..i tried alot to regain control but at 140km/hr it was not possible..at last car crashed against the metallic bar at side of motorway..car got completely destroyed but i was scratch less n so were my two friends who were with me..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    I know it's difficult to suggest unless u experience it in actual. Most of the replies are based on safety precautions which are done before driving and everybody knows about them . The question was how to react in that situation?? How to apply brakes? Hand brakes?? steering control?? if you sure to hit then hit on which side?? and bla bla..
    ahhh look this happend to me alot of times
    i often face situations,when the car skids,keep the steer wheel in the direction where it is skidding,as saadzae said earlier dont let your wheels lock and make ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound because u'l loose entire grip and will hit for sure,apply controlled brakes initially then act accordingly.
    no handbrake when you skid.
    in my case i always prefer to hit front because that is much inforced as compared to sides plus that is less hassle to get repaired.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well infact, there is not much you can do in such situation other than to rely on you reflexes.

Though I would say some thing from my personal experience, whenever you are driving fast, keep on repeating the strategy in you mind you would adopt in case of an possible accident or emergency, and then your reflexes will do same, I had experience this once in while Oman driving at very high speed, I was trying to overtake a Porshe and then a Long Vehicle (Trailer), I started the over take when I was arround 120 and the truck coming from opposite was visible not bigger than a mosqitoe, But with in seconds I realised that I had to press hard to pass these vehicles. so I completely floored the accelerator, but still reached just the midway of the trailer and the truck from opposite directions abrubtly comes in front, so I had to steer my car just off the road Completely on Left side (here we drive on right side of road), which is atleast 3 feet below than the road level, my car flew, landed on the ground, then skitted like any thing but ultimately came back on the road, this all happened in a Jiffy. and Just few minuted before it i was thinking that if such situation arrived I would take the car off the road. and this is exactly what my reflexes did.
    "This above all: To your own self, be true."
    William Shakespeare

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List