Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i say we cannot compare a swift with a civic...and i own a civic...but somewhat i agree with beefy....buy a new car and get rid of all the tensions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    so is civic a "kutta" or a "billi"?
    kutaaaaaa....
    can eat billi anyday,anytime.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude dude dude the original thread starter said he needs a car for his spouse and kid right?
    did he mention anywhere he had intentions of souping it up like this?
    I suggested him a new car so he can save him from all the hassle of visiting workshops frequently...
    what is wrong in it?
    dont turn the topic,you asked for an example,i gave you.
    civic does not eat a small family,nor prove worse than swift in any regard,it proves better than that.
    ok what if you are driving with your wife and a kid on motorway in a swift,a civic comes(yes yes 5-7 year old crap) and there is another kid i that,it over takes you and the kid in civic shows to your kid and your kid ask to overtake it for revenge lol (which you surely cant) and you try to do so and atlast fail,u'l say your kid ''choro beta janay do'' ahemm ahemm gentleman civic has all good reasons,practical,foolish allllll
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post

isnt that fuel hungry setup
    still it rocks

when is your project completing
    sir just got the k20A motor
    will be swapping it at 25th of next month,project will take four to five days,no k20A is damn powerful but at the same time gives fuel average of 13-14km/L
    in civic(a peshawri friend witnessed that).
    remember bigger engine in small shell=less burden on engine=good economy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chaudhary9 well i'm planning for turbo charging it aswell,aiming for 500 horses maaaaaax(although it can handle 600hp at stock internals) i'l be fetching around 450-500max,gona be one of the fastest of pk inshAllah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    i just get it filled each wednesday thinking i might need cng during the loadshedding days
    yesterday i got it full for 480rs,even if i get full empty then i'll need to get it full up back again to calculate it
    lets see when that happens

oh btw suggest tire size n company,em thinking about 195 or 185 for fuel economy n soft steering
    195/70/15 potenza

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    teaser teaser... baaz aja. aisa na ho k menu fsd ana pr jaye...

oh meri jaaan most welcome,btw swap k baad mene gear head customs ana hai isb for turbo charging and dyno purpose,will see ou for sure chap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ummm.. you are right about allignment not being a major issue but still the cases of such problems arising in newer cars regardless it being a swift or civic are very very rare and happen once in a blue moon right?
    where as in used cars one can expect more problems from his/her car right?
    so is newer better in this aspect or not?
    swift might not be better than civic but in the current comparison the swift is new and the civic would be 7 years old so from which car we should expect more problems?

phew!
    finally you agreed that swift is better being a new car.
    yes it lacks 400l trunk space and you answered this by yourself in your very next line that its a hatch and not a sedan.
    lacks hps because it is 1300cc and civic is 1500cc so definetely it will have less hps right?
    yes civic has better interior and I also like my civic,s interior more than swifts interior.
    not agreed to the suspension part thought... swift is also having comfortable suspension with very good road grip all around.
    it loses in the above mentioned facts right?
    but just honestly tell me that even after this compariosn, by how much gap was swift left behind?
    I mean give me an honest reply, and tell me that is swift that much poor quality or engineered that we should start saying, "IT IS CHILDISH, STUPID AND IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPARE BOTH THESE CARS?"
    these differences were unveiled after comparing both these cars right?
    had we not compared them in the first place by saying that this is a childish, lame, impossible and stupid comparison then would have it been possible for the visitors of this forum to know that if civic is ahead then why is it so?

about the mileage of your car...
    Im sorry dude but I still dont believe you.
    the mileage you mentioned is too good to be true imo... I might sound rude but with all due respect I cannot believe something written on an internet forum by a person whom I have never met in my life..
    as the famous quotation says "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"
    you may be right about the mileage you are getting from your car but as far as me believing this thing happening, then I still am to see a similar civic giving this 200kms+ mileage.
    no its wrong
    again you are defeated by your own statement,who told you that bigger engine=more power gentle man??
    r18 of honda is 140hp being 1800cc and b16 of honda is 160hp being mere 1600cc why??? design jani design

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    195/70/15 potenza
    65 or 70?
    n potenza is bridgestone?

btw i dont remember what 195/65 means,i just remember the last one 15 means rim size

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

kutaaaaaa....
    civic does not eat a small family,nor prove worse than swift in any regard,it proves better than that.
    ok what if you are driving with your wife and a kid on motorway in a swift,a civic comes(yes yes 5-7 year old crap) and there is another kid i that,it over takes you and the kid in civic shows to your kid and your kid ask to overtake it for revenge lol (which you surely cant) and you try to do so and atlast fail,u'l say your kid ''choro beta janay do'' ahemm ahemm gentleman civic has all good reasons,practical,foolish allllll
    hahahahahaha.... rofl...

best write up I've ever seen... Chumma dude.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^^<3 :d

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talha961 View Post
    200+km :O.....beefy bhai apko koi sahi vala bana raha hai .... yup 136 is the best i got....i have never heard anyone's eagle eye civic giving more then 120
    i have heard vti gives better average as compared to exi??is it true?
    exactly!
    thats what I have been wondering that how in the world is it possible that a same car belonging to a person A is giving 100kms in full cylinder say the best is 125-130kms in full cylinder... even then how is it possible that a person B gets 200+kms in one full cylinder from the very same car under almost the same driving conditions?
    after all both cars are being used in pakistan right?
    even in better driving conditions, even with low rpm how is that much difference in mileage possible?
    where is 110 and where is 200+?
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i say we cannot compare a swift with a civic...and i own a civic...but somewhat i agree with beefy....buy a new car and get rid of all the tensions
    dude the highlighted part of your sentence is what I have been trying to say during all this time.
    I own a civic too... love that car to bits... completely satisfied.
    but you just cannot eliminate the fact of being zero meter in a equation involving "brand new vs 7 years old" can you?
    civic would have been better if you are getting a zero meter car or one which is only 20,000-30,000 kms driven and properly manatined.
    if we read the original post which clearly states that swift will be new and civic will be 2005 model and that too exi... so in the present case the equation is equally poised between both cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kutaaaaaa....
    sure it can but do remember when the above mentioned kutta gets old and it has nothing left in him... then there is no way it can catch (leave apart the "eat" thing) a young, energetic cat which will just whizz past it and the old kutta will be able to do nothing instead of just watching the cat in despair.
    I hope you will take my statement in a positive manner as every rise has a fall with the passage of time... even when a lion gets old.. which is considered as the king of jungle, is unable to hunt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

driving style
    light foot + aggressive + full flooring (esp from 0,no pick,only fuel burnt )
    got reserve at 98km,now i guess a 55k cylinder can give max 30km in reserve so it makes 120-130 mileage in one cylinder on average,i guess not bad for city driving

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can I have the pleasure of knowing your age buddy?
    I can safely presume by your thinking that you must be still be in your teens and even if you are out of your teens by any chance, your thinking is still the same like teenagers. (being a teenager is no crime though, almost every one is warm blooded in this age)
    say the same civic, after overtaking swift gets its power steering pipe leaked, or its radiatior leaked on which the signs of ageing were visible.. and then when the civic will be standing at the midway stay workshop.. then how will the civic kid feel when the swift will over take them smoothly where as the civic will be in the workshop?
    the above statement was was not intended in anyway and I pray, Allah should keep us all safe from all perils during our journeys but the story narrated by you just made me go LOL!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly!
    thats what I have been wondering that how in the world is it possible that a same car belonging to a person A is giving 100kms in full cylinder say the best is 125-130kms in full cylinder... even then how is it possible that a person B gets 200+kms in one full cylinder from the very same car under almost the same driving conditions?
    after all both cars are being used in pakistan right?
    even in better driving conditions, even with low rpm how is that much difference in mileage possible?
    where is 110 and where is 200+?
    bro 3 days ago it gave me 119 in 750 .....but today it gave me 134 in 750 and still some pressure left(maybe it may run max 5 km more)....so i guess it all depends on the pressure from where ur getting it filled and ur driving conditions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude the highlighted part of your sentence is what I have been trying to say during all this time.
    I own a civic too... love that car to bits... completely satisfied.
    but you just cannot eliminate the fact of being zero meter in a equation involving "brand new vs 7 years old" can you?
    civic would have been better if you are getting a zero meter car or one which is only 20,000-30,000 kms driven and properly manatined.
    if we read the original post which clearly states that swift will be new and civic will be 2005 model and that too exi... so in the present case the equation is equally poised between both cars.
    bus beefy bhai now i am selling my civic and goin for a zero meter swift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can I have the pleasure of knowing your age buddy?
    I can safely presume by your thinking that you must be still be in your teens and even if you are out of your teens by any chance, your thinking is still the same like teenagers. (being a teenager is no crime though, almost every one is warm blooded in this age)
    say the same civic, after overtaking swift gets its power steering pipe leaked, or its radiatior leaked on which the signs of ageing were visible.. and then when the civic will be standing at the midway stay workshop.. then how will the civic kid feel when the swift will over take them smoothly where as the civic will be in the workshop?
    the above statement was was not intended in anyway and I pray, Allah should keep us all safe from all perils during our journeys but the story narrated by you just made me go LOL!
    bwuaaaaaahahahahahah lol now thats the point..... ...good one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro 3 days ago it gave me 119 in 750 .....but today it gave me 134 in 750 and still some pressure left(maybe it may run max 5 km more)....so i guess it all depends on the pressure from where ur getting it filled and ur driving conditions
    ummm... I never got anything above 115 in city driving but that is with continous ac.
    134 is much better but still dude where is 134 and where is 200+?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

User Tag List