Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wisesabre View Post
    Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?
    No. I highly doubt that. Genuine Honda spares are very expensive.If you've ever
    been to a Honda dealership for maintenance then you know what I mean.
    Besides a used Honda civic in 1 million won't be in a good condition ; I can almost guarantee that .
    People usually sale them for this price when expensive repairs are due. Like suspension works or engine components that wear out with time are in need of replacement.
    If you really love the 7th gen civic ; increase your budget a bit and look for a low mileage car (And don't trust the ODO readings alone!). Trust me its still one of the best local cars in terms of driveability .
    "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility. The fact that it is comprehensible is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for slightly used swift,civic will be too heavy on your pocket,swift will be trouble free for at least next 3-4 yrs whereas ull have start spending on maintenance from the day u buy it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP, dude, everyon's gonna suggest u a new swift.. cz its zero meter, less expensive bla bla bla...

But do remember one thing... yer comparing a "new CG125" with a "used harley davidson"
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rollonbigmama View Post
    @op, dude, everyon's gonna suggest u a new swift.. Cz its zero meter, less expensive bla bla bla...

But do remember one thing... Yer comparing a "new cg125" with a "used harley davidson"
    correct...:d
    or unique 70 vs honda cg 125

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    @OP, dude, everyon's gonna suggest u a new swift.. cz its zero meter, less expensive bla bla bla...

But do remember one thing... yer comparing a "new CG125" with a "used harley davidson"
    correct a million dollar statement,only one who has kept 7th gen civic knows its value,comfort etc.
    @all regarding fuel average of civic 7th gen 11km/L???
    khuda ka khauf karo,ive atleast kept 5vti's(7th gen) (have 2 even at now) and my vti gives me around 13km/L in city,get a life you all if u dont know.....do not comment.
    vti has an electronically controlled engine (in laymen term) which shifts on safe mode and richens the fuel at slight problem in any sensor,circuit etc.that is the reason people face low fuel average. and regarding swift,that is the somthing not comparable with civic,are you all dreaming??get up swift vs civic???
    omg...
    one day u'l start comparing alto with civic then mehran with civic,atlast 4stroke rikshaw
    @poster look at your requirements,if u want a hatch go for swift,if you want a sedan go for civic all the way,anytime,anyday
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    correct a million dollar statement,only one who has kept 7th gen civic knows its value,comfort etc.
    khuda ka khauf karo,ive atleast kept 5vti's(7th gen) (have 2 even at now) and my vti gives me around 13km/L in city,get a life you all if u dont know.....do not comment.
    vti has an electronically controlled engine (in laymen term) which shifts on safe mode and richens the fuel at slight problem in any sensor,circuit etc.that is the reason people face low fuel average. and regarding swift,that is the somthing not comparable with civic,are you all dreaming??get up swift vs civic???
    omg...
    one day u'l start comparing alto with civic then mehran with civic,atlast 4stroke rikshaw
    @poster look at your requirements,if u want a hatch go for swift,if you want a sedan go for civic all the way,anytime,anyday
    bhai ghalat mashwara nahi do
    main bhi kuch arsa pehle isi confusion main tha magar due to bad fuel economy of civic maine corolla khareed li
    i like civic more than corolla but ek to koi achi condition main civic milna bohat muchkil hai and it only does 100km in one full cylinder local woh bhi mushkil se

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buttrocks View Post
    main bhi kuch arsa pehle isi confusion main tha magar due to bad fuel economy of civic maine corolla khareed li
    i like civic more than corolla but ek to koi achi condition main civic milna bohat muchkil hai and it only does 100km in one full cylinder local woh bhi mushkil se
    ghalat mashwara??are you smoki'n weed???
    bad fuel economy of civic??do u belong to this planet??yes 8th gen civic with r18 gives hell bad fuel average,and 7th gen civic vti is equiped with d16w9which is designed for fuel economy,u were ''THINKING'' to buy it and i ''OWN'' it.
    regarding achi condition civic,that isnt fault of civic that is somthing likke effort at buyer's end.
    only 100km????what do you expect yaaaaaaaaar???,y vti gives me 126km/cylinder with ac on,remember its 1600cc not a 800cc mehran.dont compare civic's average i.e(100-125)km/cylinder with small cars,civic belongs to a diffrent league.
    many thanks.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

omg...
    dude, chaa gaye ho.

as I already mentioned, its like comparing a 125 with a harley davidson... harley is always a harley, no matter 30 saal purana ho...

people when one buys a civic, u get A LOT of things that u have to pay for as the fuel average....

Can a swift run parallel to a c180 komp? a BM 3 series? a camry? an accord?

lets see, NO!

Poster dude if u wanna worry about fuel expenses in this era, buy a BMX mountain bike... nothing will be able to keep u happier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by buttrocks View Post
    This dude has drunk himself into a stupor... come on...!

over 90% of our people want that car ki tuning bhi na krwaani paray, gaddi speedo speed bhagay bhi sahi, AC bhi boht fit ho...

its impossible bros. get a life.

achi condition main civic dhooondni parti hai meri jan. Drwaazey pr aa kr koi ye nahi kehta k "civic leni hai?"

ghalat mashwara??are you smoki'n weed???
    bad fuel economy of civic??do u belong to this planet??yes 8th gen civic with r18 gives hell bad fuel average,and 7th gen civic vti is equiped with d16w9which is designed for fuel economy,u were ''THINKING'' to buy it and i ''OWN'' it.
    regarding achi condition civic,that isnt fault of civic that is somthing likke effort at buyer's end.
    only 100km????what do you expect yaaaaaaaaar???,y vti gives me 126km/cylinder with ac on,remember its 1600cc not a 800cc mehran.dont compare civic's average i.e(100-125)km/cylinder with small cars,civic belongs to a diffrent league.
    many thanks.
    Indeed true... there are like 6 7th gen civics in my family outta which one is mine...

Once on a trip to lahore, i floored it to 170kmh all the way with AC on and still it gave me 170kms in a 9kg fill... I want to praise the car...

pta nahi loag aisi mileages kahan se nikal lete hain yaar?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont want to indulge in any mess but our 2004 VTi Prosmatec used to give us 10 km/l in city and 14.5/15 on highway.

Where as our 2005 EXi used to give 11-12 km/l in city and 15 on highway aswell.

But thats our experience.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^lahori traffic is more fuel consuming.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

^^^^lahori traffic is more fuel consuming.
    te faisalabad di traffic??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^îf you drive succesully in fsd that means you can drive all around pk with perfection
    dumbest traffic lol...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^îf you drive succesully in fsd that means you can drive all around pk with perfection
    dumbest traffic lol...
    Correct but Gujranwala is ahead of FBD in traffic dumbness.

But there are not much traffic jams and the fuel consumption is less than Lahore,karachi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^true that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dumbest traffic lol...

correction: THE WORLD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^^^hahaha.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my experience, I have owned City 2002 EXIS Manual and sold it at 162000 kms.

As it was my first used car, so I got a bad deal. The car was 54000 kms on the odometer, but when I got it for 80000km inspection by Honda, by the condition of the timing belt it was figured out that its already more than 80000 kms.

Second shock was its suspension was ruined, so I have to go for new suspension it cost me around 75000 Rs. in 2008 including four OEM shocks, ball joints, clutch and pressure plate etc.

Result is that I got it for 630000 in 2007 spent almost 100,000 on it enjoyed it for 112000 kms and sold it for 762000 rs in march 2011.

I have put only OEM parts and it was amazing, I put front disc pads and rear brake shoe for Rs. 6300 in 2007 and used them for 112000 kms and they were only half consumed.

Now using Civic EXi Prosmatec 2002 as daily runner and Civic 2003 EXi manual as the second car.

Civic 2002 EXi-Prosmatec 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 200+/-5 km with AC on highway and about 150-160 km without AC in local. Actually I live in suburbs of Lahore, 8 km ahead of thokar Niaz Baig so I do 40-50km daily with speed of 60-100km/h. On petrol it gives 14-14.5 km/l with AC on highway.

Civic 2003 EXi Manual 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 210+/-5 km with AC on highway. And 14.5-15 km/l on petrol with AC on highway

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    As per my experience, I have owned City 2002 EXIS Manual and sold it at 162000 kms.

As it was my first used car, so I got a bad deal. The car was 54000 kms on the odometer, but when I got it for 80000km inspection by Honda, by the condition of the timing belt it was figured out that its already more than 80000 kms.

Second shock was its suspension was ruined, so I have to go for new suspension it cost me around 75000 Rs. in 2008 including four OEM shocks, ball joints, clutch and pressure plate etc.

Result is that I got it for 630000 in 2007 spent almost 100,000 on it enjoyed it for 112000 kms and sold it for 762000 rs in march 2011.

I have put only OEM parts and it was amazing, I put front disc pads and rear brake shoe for Rs. 6300 in 2007 and used them for 112000 kms and they were only half consumed.

Now using Civic EXi Prosmatec 2002 as daily runner and Civic 2003 EXi manual as the second car.

Civic 2002 EXi-Prosmatec 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 200+/-5 km with AC on highway and about 150-160 km without AC in local. Actually I live in suburbs of Lahore, 8 km ahead of thokar Niaz Baig so I do 40-50km daily with speed of 60-100km/h. On petrol it gives 14-14.5 km/l with AC on highway.

Civic 2003 EXi Manual 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 210+/-5 km with AC on highway. And 14.5-15 km/l on petrol with AC on highway

Swift:

Civic:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post

I respectfully and strongly disagree with the highlighted part.
    I also own the very same model, though its a vti manual but still this mileage by an exi is not possible.
    the mileage in one litre of petrol you mentioned is correct and I second that but 200km on one full cylinder is
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

omg...
    How are you getting 13kmpl in city driving?
    I have the very same car and never got anything above 11kmpl in city driving? and before you say it let me tell you that the car is in perfect condition and mantained by honda certified dealers so dont give me that typical response of getting it tuned.
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List