Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    not in case of all jdm's.
    example is swift.
    you misunderstood me... the cars with higher cc engines... capable of doing 200+... (if jdm) have speedomters limited to 180km/h.
    the swift in discussion is not jdm.
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cisco1 View Post
    I am not concern what you own i just want to know that if you are doing business with honda then its ok and ignore my previous comment first part, but if not so then let me know......
    na naaa... "ignorance" is what we can't do bro... better choose ur words wisely next time u say something... u love swift, come up with ur points...

otherwise.... keep ur mouth shut or its gonna be real nasty for u here...

Quote Originally Posted by noomanghori View Post
    Brothers civic won the Japanese car of the year award more prestigious and coveted than any other award can dream.

Not 1 or 2 times but 5 times in a row since 1984 who can better it. It is just for its design and merits not because of someones favour from pakwheel or Pakistan.
    indeed...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    trust me... its a real hard job to drive me mad... if yer trying to do that, its not gonna happen...!

the biggest problem we have here is ur hunormous EGO my dear sir....!

I suggest u put it aside, tell the "Others" to go to hell and take your civic 2003 to a good mechanic...

use a bottle of liqui moly injector cleaner in ur tank... Then pour in 8 liters approx of hobc and top up with petrol. Empty this whole tank, pushing ur car hard during this tank will help the cleaner do the job.

I mean just drive as to have the injectors at full performance.

along with this practice, change ur engine oil to havoline formula and get ur engine flushed by a bottle of liqui moly engine flush...

Spare the engine flush if u suspect ur car's engine to be weak.

instead, get a dry and wet compression test done.

after all this, DO COME BACK OVER HERE TO TELL US THAT WE ARE BIG FAT LIARS!!!

thats what i know about engines and you don't!

I keep my cars healthy. don't just drive em like donkeys or mules... I pay the machine back and it serves me well as a consequence.

your ego is too big to try anything to ur car... u don't even want to suspect it being out of tuning....

you just happen to roam about and ask some God Damn others about my figures...

before u ask anyone again, do ask them the question of which engine is actually under the hood of an exi or Vti by stock...
    I didnt knew you thought this way about this discussion.
    what will I get by driving you mad? and that too on an internet forum?
    I prefer new over old/used... you have any issues with it?
    you and I differ in our thinking... we both are presenting our opinions to the original thread starter... anything wrong in it?
    I still stand by my stance.. the newer the better imo... be it a swift or a civic period.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so here is another honda civic... 2001 vti oriel MT cng...

240k kms on the odo... still running like a dream, and will, inshAllah, run perfect for the next 240k kms...
    Currently being used in the twin cities....

here is a video of the short demo of the car... pics will also be posted...

Its not a "pampered" or a car that has been taken care of TOOO mUCH... nuthing like that at all...

just driven and maintained... honda isn't prone to breaking down at all... may be thats the only pkdm car that stands like this...

Honda Civic engine sound and features test - YouTube
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I didnt knew you thought this way about this discussion.
    what will I get by driving you mad? and that too on an internet forum?
    I prefer new over old/used... you have any issues with it?
    you and I differ in our thinking... we both are presenting our opinions to the original thread starter... anything wrong in it?
    I still stand by my stance.. the newer the better imo... be it a swift or a civic period.
    aaa... well let me correct you again over here sir.. I never did think or will think about ANY discussion like this on ANY forum...

I just talk about facts...

but all u do is that "i am confused... is there something wrong with MY civic?"

I prove to you, "yes there is"

again, "sorry i can't believe you"

whats that?

and NOPEs...

nothing wrong in presenting opinions, of course u got ur own mind,.. think whatever u like...

BUT, u arguing with me k my opinion is wrong, well i am to say something, right?

and STILL...

what me and immad are saying that newer isn't necessarily better cz its ur opinion... u got nothing but NEW and AWARDS in favor of swift... no mileage, no such feature.

Your opinion apni jaga bhai, lekin we proved that ur opinion is good for YOU...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and,,,,, , u wanna end this discussion just by saying k I stand by my opinion? right?

ting ting ting....!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so here is another honda civic... 2001 vti oriel MT cng...

240k kms on the odo... still running like a dream, and will, inshAllah, run perfect for the next 240k kms...
    Currently being used in the twin cities....

here is a video of the short demo of the car... pics will also be posted...

Its not a "pampered" or a car that has been taken care of TOOO mUCH... nuthing like that at all...

just driven and maintained... honda isn't prone to breaking down at all... may be thats the only pkdm car that stands like this...

Honda Civic engine sound and features test - YouTube
    the highlighted part of your statement tells me that you also agree with me in this regard... that is the issue with these models that there are very few cars out there which have been properly mantained... if you see a car in extraordinary condition then you come to know that its not for sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what ever I have written for the mileage of ur car, can u pleassseee deny ANY of the mentioned points?
    if yes, only then are u meant to say "i am confused, "others" don't believe u as well"

something is exceptional ONLY when its "too good to believe" towards others...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    the highlighted part of your statement tells me that you also agree with me in this regard... that is the issue with these models that there are very few cars out there which have been properly mantained... if you see a car in extraordinary condition then you come to know that its not for sale
    i am sorry, NO...

what I mean is "MAY BE CIVIC IS THE ONLY PKDM CAR THAT CAN WITHSTAND SUCH A LONG LONG LONG PERIOD OF CONTINUOUS USE AND STILL BE FLAWLESS"

means if one finds a civic 7th gen in awesome nick, like i posted a few ads, he can forget for the next 7 or 9 years at least...

P.S city is also there... overall, we can say, in PKDM, only honda cars are that much reliable...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aaa... well let me correct you again over here sir.. I never did think or will think about ANY discussion like this on ANY forum...

I just talk about facts...

but all u do is that "i am confused... is there something wrong with MY civic?"

I prove to you, "yes there is"

again, "sorry i can't believe you"

whats that?

and NOPEs...

nothing wrong in presenting opinions, of course u got ur own mind,.. think whatever u like...

BUT, u arguing with me k my opinion is wrong, well i am to say something, right?

and STILL...

what me and immad are saying that newer isn't necessarily better cz its ur opinion... u got nothing but NEW and AWARDS in favor of swift... no mileage, no such feature.

Your opinion apni jaga bhai, lekin we proved that ur opinion is good for YOU...
    I used the word confused because at first I believed you with your mileage figures... you might be getting this mileage... Im not denying your figures but with every second person I discussed this matter... 6 cars to be exact and everyone said they are getting the exact mileage which I am getting from my car.. even honda dealership and other mechanics said this mileage is very good and this is what you get from this car right?
    had I not believed you in the first place I would not have started this debate... but after practical observations I now conclude that 120kms in one full cylinder is the best actual mileage it gives.
    as far as swift or any new car is concerned then I still say the newer the better... be it swift or any other car... been saying this that I have nothing against swift or civic but imo a new car is much much better than 7 years old vehicle period.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh bahi utni choro jitni pakri ja sakay.
    kis ko ullu bana rahay ho? humain kaisay pata kay tum picture khenchne se pehlay petrol full karwa kar aye ho?
    For Mr. Beefy and all other swift lovers...

This is of today. Travelled 177 kms on petrol cz CNG is off till sunday morning. got the tank topped up. Drive was in 5th gear all the way, with 50% AC only. Speed not less than 120kmh at any time. Occasionally exceeding 150kmh...

And u can see the needle...

Tell me when a swift can produce that amount of HP, have a 400L trunk, is driven 148k +kms and give u over 17KPL...

It'll hardly take 9 or 10 liters to reach F again.

Tell me u still don't believe me. And don't forget that this car has CNG installed.

Should I buy Swift or Civic exi? - 403234

Should I buy Swift or Civic exi? - 403236

Should I buy Swift or Civic exi? - 403237

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

swift goes to 160 easily and i have done 170 and it can go 180 on long route
    it has very good road grip and handling and high speeds pe bhi bilqul road ke sath chipki hui jaati hai and afterall its zero meter

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wahabriaz View Post
    it has very good road grip and handling and high speeds pe bhi bilqul road ke sath chipki hui jaati hai and afterall its zero meter
    Ahh. Yes swift goes easily to 160.
    Handling is ok. But ye jo aapne road k saath chipakne waali baat ki hay bhai. Thori ghalat hay.
    I have seen more than 7 cases of rolled over swifts. Drive a swift above 100 on the Road which connects f-10 to 9th avenue and straight goes to parliament.(The road on which mcdonalds is situated). You will get to know.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I personaly have owned a 2005 Civic Exi, Gem of a car and got a Suzuki Swift a few weeks back , also a Gem. Maybe im in love with whatever car i own. BUT IF it was 2005 id have advised u to go for the Honda Civic, BUT as it is not 2005 and mid 2012 Id advise u to go for the suzuki swift. Why u ask? Cuz 1. 7 years is a LONG TIME, a long time in the sun, in the rain , under dust. A long time for people to sit on the seats to meddle with the knobs and locks and handles. A long time for a car to sit on its origional shocks. A LONG TIME for a engine to run, and being it Pakistan on substandard fuel and CNG . These are all the points against buying an OLD car not a CIVIC like i said the civic is a gem to own but when its new. And watever people say its thirsty on fuel . iv kept it for 4 years and thats enough to tell me its heavy on fuel )

Whereas the Swift as much as id love to write about it the Electricity is gonna go in 5mins at my place, so heres a review i wrote a few days back so ill copy paste it heree.

A month back i had an option to Buy a car for myself. It could have been anything Gli, City, Vitz, Belta. Basicly anything with a small engine. . So after much thought i went for the Suzuki Swift. I had never driven it before, and sat in it once when it was newly launched. When i picked it from the showroom i was expecting it to be a typical Suzuki. BUT was in for a surprise. The 1.3 Dohc is one mean machine. The power Delivery is BIG, it simply goes crazy . I agree its not like Gli in terms of fuel consumption but it covers that with the fun factor when u floor the pedal. . The ABS does what it is supposed to do, the breaks are responsive. The ride compared to the City is MUCH better, City is known for its hard seats. But the Swift is comfortable on long drives and on bumpy roads.
    When one thinks about SUZUKI the word BAD QUALITY instantly comes to ones head. But in the Swift its diffrent . The build quality is impressive. Suzuki has left no loose ends, both from the inside and out. The Air Conditioning is as they say CHILLLING The leg rooom happens to be excellent for a person of good build and height i.e 6Foot and 80kgs .
    People may say that 12 Lakhs is TOO much for a Suzuki or rather a small car. But the thing is its not a small car, its a hatchback!!!! What car gives u Alloy Rims, Keyless Entry, Fog Lamps, Power Windows and Adjustable SideView Mirrors in 12 lakhs and that to Zero Meter. The tires supplied by suzuki are good Bridgestones, not the EURO STAR that come with Honda and Toyota. A good stereo Supplied by Alpine which complements the whole dashboard and completes its look. Impressive, no.?
    You the reader might say im going on showering praises on the car cause i own it myself. No thats not the case , im telling from experience as i have owned or happend to drive its competitors and yes the Swift has its flaws. Its heavy on fuel. But it does give 11km/l and above with normal city driving. And i happend to notice it does have UnderSteer, maybe its the way i drive but it does tend to messup a bit in the corners. Another FLAW i noticed is that the car is low, when at full capacity driver has to be carefull on the speed breakers. The resale value on the other hand is considerd to be LOW when taking into account other cars.
    Thats about everything i have to say about the car. In looks its small , Drives like a big car and goes like one aswel . I personaly do not promote rash driving but in times of need or emergncy the swift is perfectly capable of doing 170km/h on the Moterway . Tried and tested to 175km/h. I hope my article helps you in deciding on the car if your intrested )
    Burn Rubber Not Ur Soul.!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    awards??? get a life.
    keep this apart,talk over facts,engineering behind both under comparison?
    yes swift got awards for being cheaper but having all goodies of a good car i admit from my very first post but that dosent makes it better than a civic.
    even today i term 1990 4th gen civic better than this crap aka swift.(crap when compared with civic)
    Being cheaper very sad.. Now I know that I am wasting my time arguing with kids.
    I mentioned them just to prove and aid my arguments. As far as defects are concerned they are present in every car in the world. Do I need to post all the recalls done by Honda and Toyota? Toyota has recalled 8 million vehicles recently. That doesn't make Toyota cars bad and same is the case you linked out of 11000 swifts sold some may have defects but we should give credit to pak suzuki for improving their quality . I am using swift for two years and never faced a single issue.
    So grow up and have the courage to admit and accept anything good in things you don't own and love.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh bahi utni choro jitni pakri ja sakay.
    kis ko ullu bana rahay ho? humain kaisay pata kay tum picture khenchne se pehlay petrol full karwa kar aye ho?

aap tu boht chalak niklay bhai...

sorry yaar!main jhoot bol raha tha... civic ahan itni mileage deti hai...

haha... chipki hui... haha

160 tu khyber bhi jaati hai, as beefy mentioned...

but, kabhi 160 ki speedo pr daewoo waali bus k paas se guzarna swift... it whirls like a top...

jab aap ne swift rakhi hui hai, to auron ne bhi chalai hui hai... aisi khoobiyan to mat nikalen bhai k jaise mercedes SLK class 2012 koi aur le he nhi sakta...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Handling is ok. But ye jo aapne road k saath chipakne waali baat ki hay bhai. Thori ghalat hay.
    I have seen more than 7 cases of rolled over swifts. Drive a swift above 100 on the Road which connects f-10 to 9th avenue and straight goes to parliament.(The road on which mcdonalds is situated). You will get to know.
    indeed true... it lacks over 70% of the required road grip at high speeds...

i couldn't even switch lanes on GT road and cut through traffic on 100kph...

Civic jaise 120 pr chalti hai, waise he 180 pr chalti hai... thats a million times proven fact...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indeed true... it lacks over 70% of the required road grip at high speeds...

i couldn't even switch lanes on GT road and cut through traffic on 100kph...

Civic jaise 120 pr chalti hai, waise he 180 pr chalti hai... thats a million times proven fact...
    Now that is a biased view of the highest order. Swift is world renowned for its handling and I have personally used it on all speeds and I can tell you that it handles much better than other 1300 cc cars.. In 1600 cc version it is used in racing and swift cups are held throughout the world. That doesn't mean that I am saying that it does it better than civic but it has its own class.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    that road is quite uneven at different points

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Now that is a biased view of the highest order. Swift is world renowned for its handling and I have personally used it on all speeds and I can tell you that it handles much better than other 1300 cc cars.. In 1600 cc version it is used in racing and swift cups are held throughout the world. That doesn't mean that I am saying that it does it better than civic but it has its own class.

NO... I am sorry, I disagree... Its not a biased view at all, and deep down, you know that my dear bro...

Its the PKDM swift we are talking about.

Not the one that is "renowned" for handling and is used for racing in swift cups... those have upgraded suspensions.

even the stock models out side of pakistan are totally different.

ever driven a corolla XRS btw? corolla is not cowrolla out of pakistan.

just have a test drive and try to cut through traffic first on a 7th gen civic and then on ur swift on the road that connects f10 sector to agha shahi..

u'll know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    that road is quite uneven at different points
    yaar that road is toooo dangerous for a new person or a dude that is speeding in a car he can't control to perfection...

once I pushed my corolla to 130kmh over there and after a bump, God knows how did He save me from ramming into a 5 series.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

User Tag List