Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think I can give a detailed reply to this thread because I have experienced both cars.
    I own a 2003 civic vti and my behnoi recently got a swift dlx.
    many of you might not believe it but swift is an exception made by suzuki pakistan.
    as soon you close the doors you wont even hear the noise of the engine in your car.
    the drive is smooth,powerfull and enjoyable.
    braking is excellent and abs unit is also installed.
    ac of swift is excellent however the rear seats are not that roomy.
    no doubt civic is bigger with a bigger engine and is quicker than swift but the craftsmanship and the qualtiy of swift is no less than our civic.
    it is the best car one can buy in this category.
    and to all those who are saying that its locally assembled should realise that civic is also being locally assembled only the parts are being imported.
    also keep in mind that new car will always be a new car and will have no match with used car.
    the peace of mind you get after purchasing a zero meter brand new car is a bliss.

Sidenote: I also own a civic and love it but I think one should not get biased about the thing he/she owns and should provide the correct facts based upon personal experinces instead of suni sunai batein.
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I respectfully and strongly disagree with the highlighted part.
    I also own the very same model, though its a vti manual but still this mileage by an exi is not possible.
    the mileage in one litre of petrol you mentioned is correct and I second that but 200km on one full cylinder is
    It is bro seriously possible as from Islamabad to lahore my civic used to give me on 60kg cylinder 230 avrg on 110kmph and its 2008

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_idris View Post
    It is bro seriously possible as from Islamabad to lahore my civic used to give me on 60kg cylinder 230 avrg on 110kmph and its 2008
    We were discussing the 03 model which has different engine than reborn.
    Anyways I have kept this car since 2007 and since then I never got 200km in one cylinder even on highway.
    seems like something is seriously wrong with me or my car lol!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I must say, ur car is .... be thankful to God cz I haven't seen much reborns giving that kinda mileage....

Anyways I have kept this car since 2007 and since then I never got 200km in one cylinder even on highway.
    dude sab se pehle toh for the highlighted part.

do u have ANY idea in this world what kinda engine a reborn has? drive a reborn with fuel from ur own pocket for one day and compare the difference with 7th gen civic.

R18a is one of the most renowned gas guzzlers in Pakistan ever produced by honda.

So, i suggest u reconsider ur statements.

u need to change ur driving habits and possibly ur mechanic as well...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

I think I can give a detailed reply to this thread because I have experienced both cars.
    many of you might not believe it but swift is an exception made by suzuki pakistan.
    as soon you close the doors you wont even hear the noise of the engine in your car.
    no doubt civic is bigger with a bigger engine and is quicker than swift but the craftsmanship and the qualtiy of swift is no less than our civic.
    and to all those who are saying that its locally assembled should realise that civic is also being locally assembled only the parts are being imported.
    also keep in mind that new car will always be a new car and will have no match with used car.
    the peace of mind you get after purchasing a zero meter brand new car is a bliss.

Sidenote: I also own a civic and love it but I think one should not get biased about the thing he/she owns and should provide the correct facts based upon personal experinces instead of suni sunai batein.
    I respectfully and strongly disagree with the highlighted part.
    I also own the very same model, though its a vti manual but still this mileage by an exi is not possible.
    the mileage in one litre of petrol you mentioned is correct and I second that but 200km on one full cylinder is
    How are you getting 13kmpl in city driving?
    I have the very same car and never got anything above 11kmpl in city driving? and before you say it let me tell you that the car is in perfect condition and mantained by honda certified dealers so dont give me that typical response of getting it tuned.
    mmm hmmm... well, yes. swift is an exception made by suzuki, I agree. Almost everyone will agree... usually suzuki produces mehrans, things called as cultus, gives lives in a new age etc etc.

Among all that swift stands out as an exception.

but outta all the facts u've mentioned, is there anything in swift thats missing in civic?

If the question be put vice versa, then let me tell u my dear bro that civic, being 8 years old:

-still has EVERYthing u mentioned in swift.
    -still is 1.5L and 1.6L
    -still has a TRUNK.
    -still has better interior as well as exterior build quailty.
    -still is bigger and roomy.
    -still doesn't let newer and bigger cars have "the awesome fly by feel" on highways.

and the list is NEVER ending my bro if u ask me or anyone else or possibly urself.

the only advantage swift has over a civic is that its NEW. but as I've already said, finding a good civic isn't hard at all...

As for ur highlighted part, .

My dear sir, going to a HONDA dealersh*t doesnot necessarily mean that ur car is awesome in every nick.

Its about you having ample knowledge what to do to make ur car have the perfect nick. Those honda guys screw up more cars than they fix every day my friend, trust me.

I've seen people pouring 5w30 oils in their engines and then topping up the rest 0.5L by 20w30.

I know every damn single thing what do I have to get done when visiting a workshop. Yes, the mechanics seem messy at times when u address them on what they do. But its YOUR car.
    Its all about what YOU know.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    I must say, ur car is .... be thankful to God cz I haven't seen much reborns giving that kinda mileage....

do u have ANY idea in this world what kinda engine a reborn has? drive a reborn with fuel from ur own pocket for one day and compare the difference with 7th gen civic.

R18a is one of the most renowned gas guzzlers in Pakistan ever produced by honda.

Bro driving style matters and r18a was designed for fuel economy not for power...if u drive it with in low rpms 1.5 to 3 i vtec engages it will really give you good mileage and if you drive it for fun as we usually do then it will give max 150 160km..before this car i owned a GLI 2009 model and civic gives me better average

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Bro driving style matters and r18a was designed for fuel economy not for power...if u drive it with in low rpms 1.5 to 3 i vtec engages it will really give you good mileage and if you drive it for fun as we usually do then it will give max 150 160km..before this car i owned a GLI 2009 model and civic gives me better average
    absolutely right dude... it was meant to give excellent fuel comnsumption.. but unfortunately, it gives hardly around 12KPL in city when hypermiled and 15KPL on highway if one gets really lucky.

Most of the people don't know about the reverse vtec feature of the R18a.

But yaar, on the other hand, if a 7th gen vti is driven normally (not hypermiled at all) the max it gives excellent fuel avg. It gives bad mileage (still not bad as 7KPL ) only when its floored.

IMO, a manual reborn should always be on cng...

P.s. Even a hybrid civic doesn't give above 16KPL...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you didnt got me?
    I have 2003 model, not the current model (reborn)
    it is 1600cc vti and I know the mileage is better than reborn which is 1800cc.
    reborns mileage might be 14 to 16kmpl on paper but haing 2 reborns in the family I know that in real there is no way you can achieve 16kmpl from a 1800cc civic in practical conditions while driving in Pakistan.
    Im having the 03 model which gives me 10kmpl in city driving with ac.
    I was saying that those people who are saying that their 03 to 06 civics are giving 14kmpl in city driving, admit it that its not possbile.
    it may be possible on paper but in real I think we all are well aware of the mileage of our civics.
    with a 55kg cng cylinder in my car Im only able to get about 100kms in city driving with ac.
    even on long routes it does 140-145kms in one full cylinder.
    the thing that amazes me is that how in the world are these people getting 200kms+ mileage from their cars?
    so in the end it leaves me thinking that there is something seriously wrong with me or with my car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mmm hmmm... well, yes. swift is an exception made by suzuki, I agree. Almost everyone will agree... usually suzuki produces mehrans, things called as cultus, gives lives in a new age etc etc.

Among all that swift stands out as an exception.

but outta all the facts u've mentioned, is there anything in swift thats missing in civic?

If the question be put vice versa, then let me tell u my dear bro that civic, being 8 years old:

-still has EVERYthing u mentioned in swift.
    -still is 1.5L and 1.6L
    -still has a TRUNK.
    -still has better interior as well as exterior build quailty.
    -still is bigger and roomy.
    -still doesn't let newer and bigger cars have "the awesome fly by feel" on highways.

and the list is NEVER ending my bro if u ask me or anyone else or possibly urself.

the only advantage swift has over a civic is that its NEW. but as I've already said, finding a good civic isn't hard at all...
    No my dear bro no!
    Finding a 2005-06 model civic in perfect condition was easy when I got mine way back in 2007 but now the scene is totally different.
    you might not agree but finding a late model 05-06 in perfect condition (mechanically and bodywise) is close to impossible.
    either they have been resprayed, have been abused or if you are lucky to spot one in excellent condition then you,ll soon discover that the owner is not willing to part with the beauty.
    as far as the swift is concerned then let me clear this one thing that I own a civic and Im not saying that swift is superior to civic but can we eliminate the factor of a zero meter car vs a 5-6 years old car in an comparision?
    there is no denying it.
    I know civic is having almost all the same features which are present in 06 civic apart from the immobilizer which was not in this model of civic.
    here I would like to repeat the same sentence that I stated earlier for all the members on this forum

"Donot be biased about the vehicle you own, instead give a detailed, honest and unbiased review of the vehicles based upon your personal experience"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No my dear bro no!
    Finding a 2005-06 model civic in perfect condition was easy when I got mine way back in 2007 but now the scene is totally different.
    you might not agree but finding a late model 05-06 in perfect condition (mechanically and bodywise) is close to impossible.
    either they have been resprayed, have been abused or if you are lucky to spot one in excellent condition then you,ll soon discover that the owner is not willing to part with the beauty.
    as far as the swift is concerned then let me clear this one thing that I own a civic and Im not saying that swift is superior to civic but can we eliminate the factor of a zero meter car vs a 5-6 years in an comparision?
    there is no denying it.
    I know civic is having almost all the same features which are present in 06 civic apart from the immobilizer which was not in this model of civic.
    here I would like to repeat the same sentence that I stated earlier for all the members on this forum

"Donot be biased about the vehicle you own, instead give a detailed, honest and unbiased review of the vehicles based upon your personal experience"
    how can 1 compare these 2 cars for u
    n e comparison b/w both
    common on yaar u r comparing civic with what swift
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    how can 1 compare these 2 cars for u
    n e comparison b/w both
    common on yaar u r comparing civic with what swift
    Why?
    isnt swift a car or what?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why?
    isnt swift a car or what?
    it is but not comparable to civic
    compare it with vitz n bla bla
    comparing potohar jeep with lc doesnt makes n e sense
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    it is but not comparable to civic
    compare it with vitz n bla bla
    comparing potohar jeep with lc doesnt makes n e sense
    Why and how? justify your verdict with some solid reason?
    I know both lie in different categories but that does not means that they cannot be compared with each other.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

No my dear bro no!
    as far as the swift is concerned then let me clear this one thing that I own a civic and Im not saying that swift is superior to civic but can we eliminate the factor of a zero meter car vs a 5-6 years old car in an comparision?
    there is no denying it.

Original Post

Civic 2002 EXi-Prosmatec 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 200+/-5 km with AC on highway and about 150-160 km without AC in local. Actually I live in suburbs of Lahore, 8 km ahead of thokar Niaz Baig so I do 40-50km daily with speed of 60-100km/h. On petrol it gives 14-14.5 km/l with AC on highway.

Civic 2003 EXi Manual 1.5L with 60L cylinder gives 210+/-5 km with AC on highway. And 14.5-15 km/l on petrol with AC on highway

Actually I want to explain the mileage first thing is there is considerable difference between EXi and VTi mileage although the engine capacity differs by 100cc only, but VTi is entirely different engine. I did my internship as a Mechanical Engineer back in 2004 in Honda Atlas Factory.

As I have mentioned Earlier I have 60L cylinder and the mileage given above is with 10kg CNG. Let me tell you little bit history as well.

Civic EXi Prosmatec bought from first owner in May 2007 at 64000 km on petrol, did its 80000 km inspection thoroughly and got thankful to God that it was really 64000 km driven. Installed CNG on 70000 kms in Dec. 2007. It was used as second car till March 2011 when I sold my City 2002 EXIs.

Now it has done only 118000 kms, changed everything she needs with the OEM changed gear oil twice regularly tuned, running with 195/65-R14 Michelin Energy tires. And as mentioned above driving with a light foot.

Civic EXI manual 2003 got in April 2011 from first owner at 118000 kms on petrol total genuine except rear bumper, I paid much more money for its condition otherwise I coluld have got a medium condition EXi 2004 in that price as well.

Installed CNG in June 2011 and now it has done only 10000 km on CNG mileage is 127600 kms, when I got it to Honda authorised dealership for 100000 km checkup, including replacement of timing belts, bearing, all oils, disc pads etc. I again thank God that I got the nice vehicle as every thing has already been done with genuine OEM parts. The car has mostly been driven on M2. suspension everything in top class condition even better than my Civic EXi prosmatec 2002.

I have a different mind set I would prefer an old model car with superb condition with a technical know how first owner as compared to a newer model in average condition.

If I have to buy one I would prefer this one:

Used Honda Civic 2006 Car for sale in Lahore - 385252 | Pakwheels

Although the guy seems to be car dealer, but he has got nice thing, yesterday I saw this one on road in faisal town lahore, and yes its really in this condition, you may negotiate to get it for 11-11.5 and believe me if papers and other things are ok you wont regret a t all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How are you getting 13kmpl in city driving?
    I have the very same car and never got anything above 11kmpl in city driving? and before you say it let me tell you that the car is in perfect condition and mantained by honda certified dealers so dont give me that typical response of getting it tuned.

ok sir we all vti owners are dumb here who are telling a lie.
    c'mon chap 11km/L wtf???
    its d16w9 not r18.my r18 gives such fuel average.
    ive not seen your car nor know about its history,but being a honda guy i strongly doubt at its mechanical condition(motor particularly).
    @all exi eats more than vti,vti's motor is electronically controlled, it runs on 12v mode at low throttle,and if u floor it,it runs at all 16valves.
    yes as ts a v.tec motor,after u floor the pedal,it hits the v.tec and all 16valves get operational,which obviously eat more,on the other hand exi has no such kick sorta thing.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same is in the case of civic 7th gen.
    Quite lame sort of comparison.
    its what i said that is the reason it has no comparison with civic at all,both are different league cars.
    then why the hell people prefer so called used dented painted vitz''s,markX,jdm alto's,lancers over local craps??why dont all buy new mehran instead of old vitz??
    agree if both cars under consideration belong to same league.
    no body is getting biased,u wont say somone biased if he prefers coure over mehran,margalla over kia classic etc,your behnoi owns swift,ive kept swift for 2months.no comparison with civic.regarding suni sunai batein.lol
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very true.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you didnt got me?
    I have 2003 model, not the current model (reborn)
    it is 1600cc vti and I know the mileage is better than reborn which is 1800cc.
    reborns mileage might be 14 to 16kmpl on paper but haing 2 reborns in the family I know that in real there is no way you can achieve 16kmpl from a 1800cc civic in practical conditions while driving in Pakistan.
    Im having the 03 model which gives me 10kmpl in city driving with ac.
    I was saying that those people who are saying that their 03 to 06 civics are giving 14kmpl in city driving, admit it that its not possbile.
    it may be possible on paper but in real I think we all are well aware of the mileage of our civics.
    with a 55kg cng cylinder in my car Im only able to get about 100kms in city driving with ac.
    even on long routes it does 140-145kms in one full cylinder.
    the thing that amazes me is that how in the world are these people getting 200kms+ mileage from their cars?
    so in the end it leaves me thinking that there is something seriously wrong with me or with my car?

ouch you forgot,u later mentioned 11km/l if i'm not mistaken.
    lol.
    yes we do.
    yes yes yes chap,you got it perfectly right.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No my dear bro no!
    either they have been resprayed, have been abused or if you are lucky to spot one in excellent condition then you,ll soon discover that the owner is not willing to part with the beauty
    there is no denying it.

total genuine,white colour,only 38k driven,2006 vti,isb regd.my dad sold it for 1280k about 3months back,when there is a will,there is a way for sure.
    ok,then you say it sensible to compare cars of two hell different leagues?? its just like comparing a dog with a cat,a horse with a donkey,i dinosaur with a camel etc.
    its what we have been doing here chap.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@huzaifa its what we all have been saying.
    lol @ pothohar with lc hahahaha....yeah u got it right

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List