Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    ahhh!!!
    my dear brother you still dont understand what Im trying to say, do you?
    I own a civic and love my car to bits, when did I mention that civic is crap?
    the points Im debating on are that I never got more than 11kmpl in city driving in my civic and having more hondas in the family I have concluded that this is the mileage that it normally gives.
    Im not whining about its poor mileage or complaining that its mileage is poor or it should be more because Im satisfied with the performance of my car and it is an understood fact that you cannot get mileage and performance from one vehicle at the same time.
    pretty clear huh?
    now the thing Im debating on is that how is this possible that almost 3 same cars in the family, 2 similar with friends are giving the same mileage which is around 100km in one full cng cylinder and 10kmpl on gasoline.
    even if we suppose that somthing is wrong with my car than why are the other 5 cars giving the exact same mileage?
    how in the world is this possible that one guy is getting 200kms and the other getting only 135-140kms from the very same car?
    how much affect can the driving style make?
    also did I mention that I drive at very low rpm?

About that 14,000km driven almost brand new exi civic, as I already mentioned such cases are very rare now.
    you should also keep in mind the headache and the effort you have to put in in finding such a car where are as one can buy a zero meter swift without facing any such problem directly from showroom with warranty.

Now coming to the comparisone between swift and civic,
    ever heard of the term depreciation?
    do you know why is it calculated on old and used assets?
    I hope you are also familiar with the wear and tear a vehicle undergoes during its normal usage and running.

can you compare a set of fresh unused tires with tires that have been driven 40,000kms?
    even if the used tires are bridgestones or michelins can one deny the age factor and the wear and tear they undergo during their usage?
    on the other hand a set of fresh tires even if its general would be good for atleast the first 20,000kms
    so this is the point my dear brother Im trying to make that no matter what, zero meter car has its own appeal and advantages.
    it will ensure you atleast 2 years of trouble free ride where as a 7 year old car, even a civic can have reliability issues due to the normal wear and tear in mechanical parts due to its usage.
    even if use with extreme care you cannot eliminate the mechanical wear and tear taking place in it.
    yes you can minimize it and bring it down it to lower levels by taking proper measures so the life of the car can be increased but it cannot be neglected.
    ''DEPRICIATION'' lol...
    what if you are using an asset since 5years from the date it was made,you bought it for 5rupee,after calculating depriciation your book value is lets say 1.5rupee but after 5years its market value has ''APPRECIATED'' and you get say 8rupee in ''OPEN MARKET'' where has the thing ''DEPRICIATION'' gone now???this bloody thing is known as ''CAPITAL PROFIT'' in accounting terms.
    same is in the case of civic

and yes i'l prefer 40k ''used'' bridgestone,yokohama,over 20k drivn general tyres anytime anyday,all know why???
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

stability of swift uptill 140km/h is outstanding and comparable with civic however the handling of civic is also cool.
    no doubt about the brakes of civic. they are excellent but swift brakes are also excellent too, (however civic takes the lead here)
    I didnt found any problems with the suspension of swift
    they were comfortable and car is stable with good grip.
    the point where civic leads is the rear independant suspension arms which resluts in slightly better handling but makes the ride stiff.
    yes in this department civic is better with more space in rear seats and flat floor (I clearly mentioned in my starting post that swift is doesnot offer ample space for passengers sitting in the back)
    okay yes you are right but have you driven a swift?
    the power beams are fantastic and give you a clear view at night, the seperate beams is a plus point but as far as the light at night is concerned, swift wont let you down.
    better looks?
    it is in the eye of the viewer imo that which car has better looks, like in my eye the 06 civic has better looks than a reborn where as many will differ from my opinion.
    ahhhhhhh....know the value of civic still talking in favour of swift which has not even a single sane edge technically over civic
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats what I have been saying all this time and in reply I have been told that my car is not properly tuned etc etc.
    I have 55kg cylinder and my car gives 100kms in one full cylinder in city driving with ac and 135-140kms on highways in one full cylinder.
    yes i still stand firm at my statement,your ride isnt in its perfect nick,11km/L is too poor for a d16w9,ive kept this car by times.......many came many gone...
    i'm a hard rever at cng specially and i fetch 125km atleast in 1 cylinder.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    honda vs swift war
    i did read 3 pages but long long posts on page 4 n em ill,cant read em

i also own a vti oriel prosmatic 2004
    i was facing bad mileage when i bought it but then got it tuned,mobiloil changed,air filter n oil filter changed,serviced,ac serviced,added cooling coil filters,tires serviced,rest steering oil,gear oil,n brake oil were up to the mark so didnt changed them,battery water changed,+ its cng cylinder was loose,got that fixed
    i guess that sums up everything maybe missed something

btw does it matters if u get the stuff done from mechanics rather than honda guys since i heard they are a rip off?
    anyways before the mileage was bad but now its quite better
    i guess maybe auto eats more than manual ones
    + it has tires of profile 205/65/R15
    i drive it usually with light foot 1-2k rpm but sometimes i floor the pedal full so this time i checked the mileage with light foot most of the time but heavy foot when i got empty road,rpm shifts were at more than 5k
    all this driving without AC but 5min of AC on parked car,that too by shop guy
    khair mileage was 75km n CNG got filled for 530rs from G11 pump,i guess the pressure was 200-220
    so 530/75=7rs
    so is it good mileage(after the cng prices raised)?considering the light foot with heavy at times,+this car is used as second car

P.S
    its a 55k cylinder
    Did you gever got more than 100km in 55kg cylinder in city driving?
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    hahaha...ahan?ok here you go chap.
    reconditioned cars were mentioned just to give an example that those are used too, phenomena ''used'' is ''used'' no matters used here,in u.k.in u.s.a,in maldives,in vietnam.in bangladesh bla bla bla,used is used,now u'l say roads of pk are difrnt from japan etc,yes there is a difrnce but c'mon budd pakistan has good enough roads now which are bearable by civics and swifts atleast.
    Yes they are bearable, when did I say that roads of PK are not bearable by our cars?
    I clearly stated that the road conditions in foreign countries is better and cars undergo less wear and tear plus the cars improted here are fully reconditioned according to their standards replacing each and every faulty part.
    any such incident of a similar model used in PK and restored to that level and then offered for sale?
    even if you are repairing a car in PK from a local mechanic the quality of his work will be nowhere near to the reconditioning standars of Japan
    still any confusion?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the comparison is not justified..,
    yellow apple vs red apple comparison is right.......
    BUT
    Yellow apple vs red Pomegranate is wrong........,,

new is new, nobody can challenge it, new bumper, tails, lamps, screen, audio, video, tyres, battery, suspension...
    and
    about old, rusted battery, bald tyres, more than five touchups, screen scratches....

any way there is comparison again between new and old,

The debate going here will never end because we are comparing the New one with The old but most famous and reliable car..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my neighbour owns one in black,68k driven,total genuine,tell me u want it??i can quote here helllot of pristine 7th gens man....
    different leagues???
    hell......first of all its not all about trunk noob,trunk makes a hatch sedan???you smokin weed or what???hell lot of engineering is involved behind these designs,ok you mean you can make mehran or even swift a sedan by just attaching a trunk at a$$??lol joke of the century.
    ok here you go with yardstick which frames principal difrnces.
    1)body weight.
    2)body type.(sedan,hatch,suv etc).now dont tell me landcruiser is no matter bigger than swift and got a bigger engine and still swift can be compared with landcruiser??
    3)engine power(not displacement size should be equal or atleast close).
    4)safety measures.
    5)braking,handling,roadgrip,acceleration is what defines luxury even in same league.
    its what i'm sayng both are on the top of respective leagues but its hell childish to even think of comparing both.
    lol who compared city with civic or altis??lolololol...
    yes we did compare 7th gen civic 1.6 with altis 1.8 because both had same engine power i.e 130hp
    i think this was enough to tell a sane guy about the ground facts,if you still dint grab it,i have the same question from you,compare chevy joy or spark with swift,yes poor 1.0L chevy with swif.
    Ahhh!! come,on!
    every now and then you come along with a new character who owns a civic which is excellent in conditon only driven 50,000 and is perfect all around?
    what additional safety features are in civic?
    abs huh? isnt that present even in swift?
    engineering definitely matters so does that means while the desigining of swift an bunch of idiots were there while designing the car?
    what is the engineering defect you noticed in swift?
    go ahead mention it.
    I still stand my stance that give me some solid reasons behind this verdict that "why is it hell childish to compare both of them"?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

''DEPRICIATION'' lol...
    what if you are using an asset since 5years from the date it was made,you bought it for 5rupee,after calculating depriciation your book value is lets say 1.5rupee but after 5years its market value has ''APPRECIATED'' and you get say 8rupee in ''OPEN MARKET'' where has the thing ''DEPRICIATION'' gone now???this bloody thing is known as ''CAPITAL PROFIT'' in accounting terms.
    same is in the case of civic

and yes i'l prefer 40k ''used'' bridgestone,yokohama,over 20k drivn general tyres anytime anyday,all know why???
    My bro its not appreciation, this thing is called as "RESALE" in open market.
    you are still not getting the argument.
    can you eliminate the factor of general wear and tear that a car undergoes during its running?
    is there any denying it?
    if you say that this is profit earned on capital than that should mean that cars with higher mileage should be sold for more that cars with lower mileage?
    if your statement holds true than people wont be looking for less driven civics instead they would be paying more for civics that have more kms on the odo?
    you mention in almost every post of yours that a less driven civic is available, if this capital profit is directly proportional to the age factor of a car than why people prefer cars which are less driven?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahhhhhhh....know the value of civic still talking in favour of swift which has not even a single sane edge technically over civic
    Ok, not a "SANE" edge but also not that much behind in terms of features available and it does not makes it out of the competition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes i still stand firm at my statement,your ride isnt in its perfect nick,11km/L is too poor for a d16w9,ive kept this car by times.......many came many gone...
    i'm a hard rever at cng specially and i fetch 125km atleast in 1 cylinder.
    I still doubt it very much infact dont believe that it can achieve 125km in 55kg cylinder in city and that too with the driving you mentioned.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    yes they are bearable, when did i say that roads of pk are not bearable by our cars?:s
    i clearly stated that the road conditions in foreign countries is better and cars undergo less wear and tear plus the cars improted here are fully reconditioned according to their standards replacing each and every faulty part.
    Any such incident of a similar model used in pk and restored to that level and then offered for sale?
    Even if you are repairing a car in pk from a local mechanic the quality of his work will be nowhere near to the reconditioning standars of japan
    still any confusion?

''lame''.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahhh!! come,on!
    every now and then you come along with a new character who owns a civic which is excellent in conditon only driven 50,000 and is perfect all around?
    what additional safety fea
    tures are in civic?
    abs huh? isnt that present even in swift?
    engineering definitely matters so does that means while the desigining of swift an bunch of idiots were there while designing the car?
    what is the engineering defect you noticed in swift?
    go ahead mention it.

I still stand my stance that give me some solid reasons behind this verdict that "why is it hell childish to compare both of them"?
    yes because its how the reality is,if you doubt it,i can provide you proofs aswell.
    insane....
    where did i say so??
    hahahaha...man you are funny lol...engineering??i mentioned it as a barrier of comparison between two different leagues and you are taking that as an offence from my side over swift...wow!
    rofl...
    ive already explained it quite alota times,both fall in different class,both got different potential when it comes to power,luxury,boot space,cabin space,quality,suspension,braking,handling,grip,cor nering,air conditioning bla bla bla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beefy want to eliminate the old/new factor???
    try comparing a 60k driven swift with a 60k driven 7th gen civic. or if you want to compare swift with a new civic,compare it with 8th gen civic.
    yes yes yes yes....you know aswell you cannot compare both in any of above mentioned case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My bro its not appreciation, this thing is called as "RESALE" in open market.
    you are still not getting the argument.
    can you eliminate the factor of general wear and tear that a car undergoes during its running?
    is there any denying it?
    if you say that this is profit earned on capital than that should mean that cars with higher mileage should be sold for more that cars with lower mileage?
    if your statement holds true than people wont be looking for less driven civics instead they would be paying more for civics that have more kms on the odo?
    you mention in almost every post of yours that a less driven civic is available, if this capital profit is directly proportional to the age factor of a car than why people prefer cars which are less driven?
    look preference and availibility are two different things do nnot initiate another never ending arguement,i can prove my each and every line written here.
    you got some laymen concepts about these terms,i'm a commerce guy,know quite well about these things.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AAAAAllllll iiisssss WWWWEEEEllllllllllllllll..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^yo sure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what do u guys says.......
    vitz vs swift

1) Looks
    2) Performance
    3) AC
    4) Suspension
    5) Toughness
    6) Control
    7) Room

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^no no no no no....not again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@immad, ...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well a new car is always new man... go for a swift