Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What is "TOYOTA CERTIFIED USED VEHICLE"

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    MisterDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default What is "TOYOTA CERTIFIED USED VEHICLE"

    Guys i have just seen two adds in used car section. The cars up for sale are toyota certified used vehicles at Toyota Airport Motors. I do understand what does it means but its bit strange for me as i have never heard that the dealerships in our state also offer used vehicles. Anyone having detailed info must share. What could be the condition of those vehicles

    Drive lyk a Mister Driver or Jus Stay bac at Home.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Massive_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Suzuki already offers used vehicles as Suzuki Certified (means they give a six-month warranty with it as well and it is checked by Suzuki's mechanics) similarly, i think Toyota has started offering the "Toyota Certified" used vehicles as well (or maybe its just the particular dealership offering such scheme)

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    MisterDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive_One View Post
    Suzuki already offers used vehicles as Suzuki Certified (means they give a six-month warranty with it as well and it is checked by Suzuki's mechanics) similarly, i think Toyota has started offering the "Toyota Certified" used vehicles as well (or maybe its just the particular dealership offering such scheme)
    Yup they are giving 10,000 kms or 6 months (which ever comes first) warranty. But do these vehicles worth buying. I highly doubt if these r accidented. They do all the repairs n sale under their warranty
    Drive lyk a Mister Driver or Jus Stay bac at Home.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    i_m_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDriver View Post
    Yup they are giving 10,000 kms or 6 months (which ever comes first) warranty. But do these vehicles worth buying. I highly doubt if these r accidented. They do all the repairs n sale under their warranty
    Dude i visited these used toyota cars near airport few weeks back. I did not like the condition of these cars. Secondly few of them were not first owner's. I noted their number and also checked it online, Few of them seemed to be used as rented cars. I do not think they were repaired. they seemed to be in their original condition interior exterior like scratches around etc. One of them was new i guess, dont know about the present certified list, who knows about the accident.

    Yeah there is an advantage of toyota certification as a warranty for 10,000 km or 6 months. Before certifying the used cars, they check it. They have certain check lists and tests etc as per toyota.

    I came across a nice car from jang newspaper few weeks back of toyota gli but dropped it. You can check the used pakwheels section or sunday newspaper ads. Newspaper do have good cars. One needs to properly check before buying used car.

    Best of luck

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    MisterDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_m_legend View Post
    Dude i visited these used toyota cars near airport few weeks back. I did not like the condition of these cars. Secondly few of them were not first owner's. I noted their number and also checked it online, Few of them seemed to be used as rented cars. I do not think they were repaired. they seemed to be in their original condition interior exterior like scratches around etc. One of them was new i guess, dont know about the present certified list, who knows about the accident.

    Yeah there is an advantage of toyota certification as a warranty for 10,000 km or 6 months. Before certifying the used cars, they check it. They have certain check lists and tests etc as per toyota.

    I came across a nice car from jang newspaper few weeks back of toyota gli but dropped it. You can check the used pakwheels section or sunday newspaper ads. Newspaper do have good cars. One needs to properly check before buying used car.

    Best of luck
    They do have certain standards but that doesnt make sense here bro. They can purchase an accidented car at cheap price,repair it accordingly and present it for sale with their warranty. Still who knows whats the history of the car. Rite
    Drive lyk a Mister Driver or Jus Stay bac at Home.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    i_m_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDriver View Post
    They do have certain standards but that doesnt make sense here bro. They can purchase an accidented car at cheap price,repair it accordingly and present it for sale with their warranty. Still who knows whats the history of the car. Rite
    Agreed!

    Plus Used is Used

    But they are offering warranty for the performance of car. And you can ask them about the accidented part, Secondly you can take your mechanic and denter specialist to get it checked it just for your peace of mind. But when spending this much amount, what i have learnt its better to get something new. But it doesn't mean one should not buy used car or cannot have good used car.

    Some people do take care of their cars alot.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDriver View Post
    They do have certain standards but that doesnt make sense here bro. They can purchase an accidented car at cheap price,repair it accordingly and present it for sale with their warranty. Still who knows whats the history of the car. Rite
    I sense so much suspicion in yr thoughts. thats no way to live. One needs to do so many things, if you keep on thinking others will ripe you of, you cant do anything in life and probably live on in worry.

    I bought toyota certified scion what you call celica in Pakistan, , it never had any problems, it was little bit more expensive, yes it was trouble free toyota certified car, any issue i was not to worry, i could send to toyota, get free lunch coffee/ride i had access to services... i had other things to worry about, not a car

    certified cars are to make life easy.

    here in Pk couple of years back i bought starlet, more expensive than i thought should be market price but seller was a subborn person, in shahdaman whatever that area is called, i needed a car, used it, now i put it forsale, big deal. it ran fine, cheap 300k car. but its there better than nothing, no certified but still it worked for me, went to pindi on it too.

    dont put so much pressure on yr head,, a lot of guys do that on forum .
    you can easily buy parts for yr corollas etc , everything is there..

    i should be more worried, i keep a very very rare car " ae86" in Pk.

    but common..relax on forums, yr thoughts will come out more comforting to others.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    MisterDriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    I sense so much suspicion in yr thoughts. thats no way to live. One needs to do so many things, if you keep on thinking others will ripe you of, you cant do anything in life and probably live on in worry.

    I bought toyota certified scion what you call celica in Pakistan, , it never had any problems, it was little bit more expensive, yes it was trouble free toyota certified car, any issue i was not to worry, i could send to toyota, get free lunch coffee/ride i had access to services... i had other things to worry about, not a car

    certified cars are to make life easy.

    here in Pk couple of years back i bought starlet, more expensive than i thought should be market price but seller was a subborn person, in shahdaman whatever that area is called, i needed a car, used it, now i put it forsale, big deal. it ran fine, cheap 300k car. but its there better than nothing, no certified but still it worked for me, went to pindi on it too.

    dont put so much pressure on yr head,, a lot of guys do that on forum .
    you can easily buy parts for yr corollas etc , everything is there..

    i should be more worried, i keep a very very rare car " ae86" in Pk.

    but common..relax on forums, yr thoughts will come out more comforting to others.
    I agree but case is bit different here in pak while u r living in a different part of the world. The surroundings n situations enforce one to think this way. I cant be so sure but i can jus hope nothing can be better then Toyota Certified Vehicles if one opts for used. But in our beloved state u can see many issues in Brand new vehicles bought from these Authorized Dealerships. Some have doors or bonnet painted while some have non geniune headlamps (BRAND NEW VEHICLES). If these sort of cheatings could be figured out in brand new vehicles then why not in Used though Toyota Certified. Well i do admit these are rare cases but all this ******** happens here in pak.
    Drive lyk a Mister Driver or Jus Stay bac at Home.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •