Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin!

I am biased for Passo since I own one, and I think Toyota Passo is a much better car than the new Suzuki Swift - and has a much lower price also.

What you get in a Passo - all the features of swift with much better build quality, plus rear window washer/wiper, much more space, plus individually reclining back seats which fold completely flat to give a tremendous amount of boot space. Not to mention Auto trans also, and air bags!!!

So swift owners, IMO, you've been OWNED!

-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I own a 2012 Swift DLX. One of my colleagues has a 1.0L Passo. His is a low option. On a recent back to back comparison, I found the qualiy of materials used in his Passo to be of superior quality. The car clearly has low ground clearence. Only 3 people and the chassis was rubbing on modest speed bumps.

The thing I like in the passo was the trunk light which makes it rather easy to search for such at night. Honestly you can't compare a 1.0L with 1.3L?

How much will a 4.5 grade 1.3L (with under 10K Km on the odo) Passo cost?

Too bad his Passo develped some tranny problem and the guy had to sell it Rs. 40K below the market price.

P.S Yours is in pristine condition. How about you share some interior pics?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buying passo, one mostly gets a bad piece because importers usually import bad cars. However, it doesn't mean that good passo cars are not available. Some people even import good cars and sell them of high price.

The issue in this thread is that we are comparing a 4-5 year old car with a brand new car. Brand new will not have issues that 4-5 year old cars have.

I recently purchased a passo with just 14k actual mileage (almost like brand new). Same dealer had other passo's and other JDMs that were well over 80k to 250k. Not even a single meter was reversed. High mileage would show 250k+. Another way to check the mileage was the export certificate without which imported car cannot be registered in Pakistan. Mileage is written on export certificate too.

I read on pakwheels that most cars rattle on bumpy roads and etc. After getting a driving experience of 100+ KM, I must say that this car is very much quite and stable. Maybe i got a lucky unit, but i can hardly hear any engine noise on idle running. On acceleration, there is again hardly any noise. Engine seems to be perfect. I have noticed some creaking sounds from back shocks. Which i believe will require some repairs.

Some people commented on AC being inferior to swift. I felt cold even when AC was running on 2 point at 2PM.

Swift is a very good car. And if i had more budged, i would definitely go for swift. Not because its superior or inferior. But because it would be a new car and i will know its maintenance history.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rohaansaeed View Post
    Okay so two of my close friends are owners of a Passo and a Swift respectively, I'm going to lay down some pros and cons I noticed in both of them, please not that these are purely based on my own opinion and of course you might have experienced otherwise.

The instruments in the Swift are very well laid out, everything seems in it's place and you have a comfy feeling, the front seats of the Swift seemed a better fit and they actually hold you in place compared to the Passo's front seats, although I did notice that Passo has more room at the back, Swift seemed a bit cramped when it came to rear. The materials used in the Swift outrun the Passo and play a big part in the overall feel of the cabin.

Comparing the wind and road noise in the two cars puts the Swift ahead which was much quieter. What surprised me was the constant rattling noises in the Passo, it felt as if the oddly placed Tachometer will fall from it's place any minute. Creaks were to be heard from the dashboard of the Passo as well, while it was totally the opposite in Swift.

When it comes to handling, the Swift is streets ahead of the Passo. The swift felt more responsive, the steering was precise and firm, has excellent resistant to crosswinds (the Passo was pathetic with crosswinds), the Swift felt very predictable. However, the Passo is equipped with Airbags which gives it a little advantage in the safety category, the ride of the Passo was a bit harsh.

When it comes to performance, the Swift takes the lead no matter what anyone says. The gear ratios are quite high in the Passo and this blunts performance inside the city, the transmission of the Passo was jerky and not a pleasure to drive at all. Even the engine is far from being the smoothest on the block. On the other hand, the Swift was a breeze, the engine felt more responsive and eager. One other thing I noticed with the Passo was how it's engine transferred so much vibration into the cabin, something just didn't seem right, and I've noticed this in more than one Passo.

In the end it all comes to personal choice, if I was to choose between the two cars, I'd go with the Swift, however I'm not much of a fan of both, if one spends around 900,000 and buys a USED JDM Daihatsu Boon, then it's better to buy a 2000+ Honda Civic and spend some money on bringing it into shape, that will be actually worth it.

I stick to the famous phrase, Built Not Bought.

First off, hats off to your excellent review. However, about the items I highlighted in bold, some of my observations:

- It seems like the Passo owned by your friends was banged up / repaired since in my ~ two-three months of driving this car, I have been amazed at the stability and smoothness of its ride. Even going at 90 I feel absolutely no rattling and the car is in great control and handles very responsively. You don't even feel you are going so fast and actually, you want to go faster. Engine noise also has not been a problem with my car at all so far. The small turn radius and extremely good responsiveness of the Electrical Power Steering (EPS) makes it a breeze to get in and out of tight spots.

- About the gear ratios, I have noticed that the automatic transmission sometimes does not respond very well, however when you turn the overdrive feature off then the gear ratios shift and you can get more power on the lower gears.

- Interior build quality-wise, I observed a swift's interior very closely at the suzuki showroom, and I can confidently say that Passo's interior build quality is far superior. The plastic used feels more solid, and the colors don't show any sign of wear even in an older car. However, I have seen reports of swift's interior colors fading in cars older than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    I have Vitz 06, and will be selling it due to shitty 1KR-FE! Its the worst engine i have came across, its so noisy, knocking tu khatam hone ka naam hi nahi leti tried everything but knocking nahi khatam hoti bus!! Awful fuel efficiency hardly does 11 km/l with out AC and with 8 km/l and with AC its pick just dies! Infact the 1.3L vitz performs much better and gives much better fuel efficiency then this 1KR-FE!
    In my opinion Swift is a better option due to a bigger engine, but i would prefer 1.3L vitz due comfort and much more options for e.g safety etc!
    Dude, 1KR-FE has been voted the best engine in its class for 4 years straight. Not for good reason. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, however it might be just due to the drive / repair history of your car. I have yet to experience a single instance of knocking. But then again, I am driving an automatic transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_drifter View Post
    Real Comparison
    Swift is for Guys..
    &
    Passo is for Girls..
    Real comparison - this analysis is by a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by hassannabeel27 View Post
    Buying passo, one mostly gets a bad piece because importers usually import bad cars. However, it doesn't mean that good passo cars are not available. Some people even import good cars and sell them of high price.

I read on pakwheels that most cars rattle on bumpy roads and etc. After getting a driving experience of 100+ KM, I must say that this car is very much quite and stable. Maybe i got a lucky unit, but i can hardly hear any engine noise on idle running. On acceleration, there is again hardly any noise. Engine seems to be perfect. I have noticed some creaking sounds from back shocks. Which i believe will require some repairs.

Some people commented on AC being inferior to swift. I felt cold even when AC was running on 2 point at 2PM.

Swift is a very good car. And if i had more budged, i would definitely go for swift. Not because its superior or inferior. But because it would be a new car and i will know its maintenance history.
    Totally agree. Especially about the fact that a majority of the Passos on the market these days are above 80 K driven and most are repaired models. It is definitely hard to find a good model, but I think for its price and performance, it is an excellent buy.

Thanks for the great debate folks!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you made a thread just to tell others that your car is better than others.. sad
    WaazZZAAAaa xD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay so you own the best car in the whole world, even better than a Bugatti Veyron
    now just stop all this!!
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Damn i miss mubeenshahid now!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No comparison b/w Swift and Passo..Swift is excellent..Exterior is outclass..Drive is pleasurable..But if it comes to cultus,passo is 100 times better..
    Aviation in not my hobby..... its my way of LIFE::::

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ady901 View Post
    you made a thread just to tell others that your car is better than others.. sad
    Correction - made the thread to tell others that a good Passo is better than a swift.

Cheers!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Damn i miss mubeenshahid now!
    I am always here dear
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will repeat the comments of spectra:Bottom line is that you do not get peace of mind and fun of having a brand new car with Passo or other imports. Its an illusion and a compromised decision. Brand new is brand new even if it has lesser features.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to me passo doesnt look good unless its having the modellista body kit..there is one around and i totally love it..otherwise swift gets my vote in terms of looks as well as performance..i never experienced how well a 1.3 passo performs so cant comment about that..
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hI...... SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wht u guys say abt this 1

PASSO vs SWIFT! Let the battle begin! -1173388

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess passo racy sports trd is way bettr thn pakistani swift...

PASSO vs SWIFT! Let the battle begin! -1173389

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tamshi View Post
    IS this your car???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A mint Passo is 10000000 times better than a locally assembled crap, may it be a Swift or a City or a Corolla or a Civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tamshi View Post

PASSO vs SWIFT! Let the battle begin! -1173389
    i love this racy..see it almost everyday around g9
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread and all the poster amuses me.

I totally understand that you love your Passo and you think it's better than Swift. You could've told us why do you like it instead of your 'PASSSSSSSSOOOOOOOO HERE! SWIFT, YOU JUST GOT OWNED, BIATCH' attitude. No offense, buddy!

I don't own a Swift nor a Passo but I personally like Swift because a new car is a new car, indeed.

And to the sudden JDM haters: I never preferred JDM but it's sad how people are calling those JDM abused, raped or molested (Lmao) while on the other hand, they are appreciating the suggestions of Axio and proving that it's better than our local assembled cars (Which might be true if you compare it to a used local assembled cars). If you guys really mean it then please refrain from suggesting it to others and agree that our NEW local assembled cars are better than the USED JDM and suggest as such.

For the note: I'd also prefer any new local assembled car over a used JDM.

KTHXBYE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother passo is a cheap transpot JDM for small families and Swift is a world car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passo/Boon vs Swift....

I hate passo's barbie doll house like instrument cluster. Swift hss got a sporty one

A new car is a new car no matter what.

Passo's build quality is better than Swift but its not like comparing a rolls royce with a donkey cart...its roughly 20% difference at maxxx...

Availability for the parts n the car itself is not a problem with Swift....can be quite a problem with passo...

JDMs hav a high risk attached to them in terms of resale and sudden death issues...so I would prefer to stay away from them...

I would stick with swift over passo...any day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PakWheels Forums mobile app
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List