Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin!

I am biased for Passo since I own one, and I think Toyota Passo is a much better car than the new Suzuki Swift - and has a much lower price also.

What you get in a Passo - all the features of swift with much better build quality, plus rear window washer/wiper, much more space, plus individually reclining back seats which fold completely flat to give a tremendous amount of boot space. Not to mention Auto trans also, and air bags!!!

So swift owners, IMO, you've been OWNED!

-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o
    o
    o
    o
    o
    o
    o

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shakills View Post
    I am not a Suzuki cars fan and do like JDM and German cars, but I think Swift beat hands down Passo Boon or Sirion whatever you call it! Swift is better looking car with sport looks which Passo lacks and look more of small hatch mostly attracted by women or senior citizens to drive it. On the other hand Swift fits into all profile of users.

I have not taken age or country of assembly of cars into consideration! I dont own any of these hatchbacks, so no offence to owners of any of the above cars! Thanks
    When Vitz was first introduced in Pakistan, I remember many people saying that it is a car for ladies and old people. You don't hear that kind of opinionated views any more. Like I have repeatedly mentioned before, looks and shape are personal preference and there can be no objective discussion on this. Therefore, blanket statements like 'Passo is for ladies and Swift for men who like sporty looks' is just non-sense. Sorry!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WOW !!!
    Do you think you can win an argument like this ?
    Stick to the topic every one

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LMAO wat a lame answer...ofcourse no one can predict the future... this way u also should not sing loud abt ur beloved passo's reliability... only comment as such IF U CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE....lolzzzz...how old are u anyway?????

sorry rest of passo lovers.... i will prefer a brand new car any day than unreliable older car...measure the fact that we are not comparing german cars which are extremely reliable. both are two japanese cars with the difference of the assembly... as a matter of fact i will be more happy to see ur positive comments abt ur ride after driving over 50k (50k by u alone not by adding mileage already on the dial which is fake in 90% cases)... only than we will be able to conclude which car is good enough to be called a reliable car which is value for money and peace of mind...ride comfort and looks are relative things...i will whole heartedly accept swift's stiff suspension but razor sharp handling over passo's soft n cozy but unpredictable drive.. swift is fun which passo has none.... period..
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surfing4fun View Post
    When Vitz was first introduced in Pakistan, I remember many people saying that it is a car for ladies and old people. You don't hear that kind of opinionated views any more. Like I have repeatedly mentioned before, looks and shape are personal preference and there can be no objective discussion on this. Therefore, blanket statements like 'Passo is for ladies and Swift for men who like sporty looks' is just non-sense. Sorry!
    Definitely its personal preference, some will like anything, thats my personal opinion and you dont have to agree with it I didnt say Swift is only for men, it can fit for everyone. Passo may be nice little car but doesnt have anything special thats my personal opinion when comparing the two so live with it.

I dont like any small hatchbacks apart from Audi A3, VW Sirocco, or may be BMW Mini!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    LMAO wat a lame answer...ofcourse no one can predict the future... this way u also should not sing loud abt ur beloved passo's reliability... only comment as such IF U CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE....lolzzzz...how old are u anyway?????

sorry rest of passo lovers.... i will prefer a brand new car any day than unreliable older car...measure the fact that we are not comparing german cars which are extremely reliable. both are two japanese cars with the difference of the assembly... as a matter of fact i will be more happy to see ur positive comments abt ur ride after driving over 50k (50k by u alone not by adding mileage already on the dial which is fake in 90% cases)... only than we will be able to conclude which car is good enough to be called a reliable car which is value for money and peace of mind...ride comfort and looks are relative things...i will whole heartedly accept swift's stiff suspension but razor sharp handling over passo's soft n cozy but unpredictable drive.. swift is fun which passo has none.... period..
    I am not boosting about Passo's reliability nor predicting the future like YOU are about your beloved Pak assembled junk, mr. fortune teller. so don't try to turn the tables on me ... It does not take an expert to tell which cars last longer - JDMs or pak assembled. Vitz 2001 still proves a better ride and gives peace of mind over even Cultus 2005 because vitz is JDM. Your confidence for the future whether its availability of spare parts or reliability of Suzuki cars is shocking but you have the right to day dream .... Don't know where you get your misplaced crazy ideas from. The FACT of the matter is that it is Swift that has an unpredictable drive compared to passo even after Pak Suzuki overcharges you and is not even able to provide average mileage for a car this size.

AND Finally, since mr. fortune teller has said 'period' the debate must be over - how old are you by the way

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shakills View Post
    Definitely its personal preference, some will like anything, thats my personal opinion and you dont have to agree with it I didnt say Swift is only for men, it can fit for everyone. Passo may be nice little car but doesnt have anything special thats my personal opinion when comparing the two so live with it.

I dont like any small hatchbacks apart from Audi A3, VW Sirocco, or may be BMW Mini!
    NOW you are being more objective. I respect your right to disagree with me and for having a personal preference. I can sure live with that. In the same spirit, I hope you will be fine with my opinion that my Swift is not offering me the same satisfaction level as my Passo.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

who is using the cruise missile ?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Passo wins

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My vote goes to SWIFT.
    Passo is not a wise choice over new swift.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Price of most comparable models:

Toyota Passo 2010 (import 2013, unregistered) CVT 1000cc .... price 1,100,000
    Suzuki Swift Automatic 2013 unregistered 13000 cc .... price 1,400,000

Swift DX Manual version is cheaper, around 1,200,000 ... Passo 2010 doesn't have a manual version as far as I know

Fuel Average in city with AC, light foot:

Passo 2010 CVT 1000cc ... 16 km/L (Confirmed)
    Swift 2012 Manual 1300cc ... 12-13 km/L (Confirmed, on a good day)

Passo 2010 1300cc + 4WD gives 15km/L

You make the wise choice

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u win buddy...swift has an unpredictable drive...lolz.......just 1 thing,

try turning a passo over 80kmph and if u survive, do let me know... ppl who know what car handling means, will understand...period.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift's interior is better thn passo's interior with mini speedometer

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin! - 1274641d1380398141 horrible accident airport road lhr 1380397292878 PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin! - 1274642d1380398175 horrible accident airport road lhr 1380397354096 PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin! - 1274643d1380398213 horrible accident airport road lhr 1380397389003 PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin! - 1274644d1380398285 horrible accident airport road lhr 1380397459265 PASSO vs. SWIFT! Let the battle begin! - 1274645d1380398324 horrible accident airport road lhr 1380397481213

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khan_Saab
    Good comparison now the battle has real facts ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

give swift back to pak suzuki...

write off the wagon r or what ever that is....total loss.

BTW, ever heard of crumple zones???

SUZUKI Swift 2012 - GA FZ 4D Hatch 5sp man 1.4L 4cyl Petrol | How Safe Is Your Car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

give swift back to pak suzuki...

write off the wagon r or what ever that is....total loss.

BTW, ever heard of crumple zones???

SUZUKI Swift 2012 - GA FZ 4D Hatch 5sp man 1.4L 4cyl Petrol | How Safe Is Your Car
    Atleast JDM r equipped with Air Bags because japanese know the real value of human

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u win buddy...swift has an unpredictable drive...lolz.......just 1 thing,

try turning a passo over 80kmph and if u survive, do let me know... ppl who know what car handling means, will understand...period.
    Why on Earth would you want to turn at 80km/h? You can't even drive at 80km/h on a straight road in city these days because of traffic. And BTW are you trying to tell us that Swift is a race car? If you compare Passo with Swift in NORMAL city driving conditions, Passo outperforms Swift in terms of comfort and ease of driving. On Motorways, Swift will be better becoz it has a larger engine and better acceleration.

And what's with this ... 'PERIOD' thing? Every time a Swift fan makes a point, he shuts his ears lest someone says some thing sensible in response and he has to hear it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

out of all the comments, u haven't put a single quantifiable fact abt passo being better than swift. if u like passo's drive and comfort let it be. dont impose ur personal preferences bashing others opinions since others are thinking quite rationally and measuring performance in numbers not in intangible benefits. u r comparing two entirely different engines with different variables and debating over 3 points only

1- Passo is almighty JDM while Swift is cheap Plastic PKDM
    2- Passo just sniffs the fuel like a honda 50 two-wheeler while swift is a gas-guzzler
    3- Passo rides like a cloud while swift is a lawn-mower.

Abt fuel economy, i would say grow up buddy. The tyre size on swift alone reduces the mileage by atleast 15%. try installing 15" with alloys in a passo and it will barely move. I bet u to install 14" on swift and it will easily give u 13-15kmpl in the city. still with 15" it is giving me a decent 11-12kmpl on a/c. 2nd factor is the engine. 1KR-FE on passo generates 68 bhp while M13a on swift generates 91bhp. do the maths urself.

Ride quality, the point u r refering to an unpleasent or uncomfortable ride is actually called stiff suspension. Swift's suspension is a bit stiff by choice resulting in better handling. if u like softer ride, u can buy passo any time. but quanitfy in absolute terms.

Manufacturing, i have no doubts that JDM has got way better quality than PKDM but I will only buy a new JDM car if offered since JDMs being imported in Pak are pretty abused and are usually dented which are repaired in Pakistan n than sold after getting them in tip-top shape which generally tend to create problems after a few months. not to mention reversed meters. if u r such an expert to tell the car's genuine mileage, go ahead and buy 1. just try getting a JDM insured and u will know the difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

out of all the comments, u haven't put a single quantifiable fact abt passo being better than swift. if u like passo's drive and comfort let it be. dont impose ur personal preferences bashing others opinions since others are thinking quite rationally and measuring performance in numbers not in intangible benefits. u r comparing two entirely different engines with different variables and debating over 3 points only

1- Passo is almighty JDM while Swift is cheap Plastic PKDM
    2- Passo just sniffs the fuel like a honda 50 two-wheeler while swift is a gas-guzzler
    3- Passo rides like a cloud while swift is a lawn-mower.

Abt fuel economy, i would say grow up buddy. The tyre size on swift alone reduces the mileage by atleast 15%. try installing 15" with alloys in a passo and it will barely move. I bet u to install 14" on swift and it will easily give u 13-15kmpl in the city. still with 15" it is giving me a decent 11-12kmpl on a/c. 2nd factor is the engine. 1KR-FE on passo generates 68 bhp while M13a on swift generates 91bhp. do the maths urself.

Ride quality, the point u r refering to an unpleasent or uncomfortable ride is actually called stiff suspension. Swift's suspension is a bit stiff by choice resulting in better handling. if u like softer ride, u can buy passo any time. but quanitfy in absolute terms.

Manufacturing, i have no doubts that JDM has got way better quality than PKDM but I will only buy a new JDM car if offered since JDMs being imported in Pak are pretty abused and are usually dented which are repaired in Pakistan n than sold after getting them in tip-top shape which generally tend to create problems after a few months. not to mention reversed meters. if u r such an expert to tell the car's genuine mileage, go ahead and buy 1. just try getting a JDM insured and u will know the difference.
    U know what in pakistan people also purchase 2nd hand PKDM right? dude if u have some automotive sense then u can easily identify a repaired/repainted or abused one, if u know nothng about cars then yes go for Suzuki brand new vehicle.

Japanese dont abuse as bad as we pakies do to our cars. Japan Roads r not that much bad + Fuel Quality is superb in Japan.

Atleast JDM r equipped with Air Bags because Japanese know the real value of human

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List