Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggest my a good Japanese imported car

Assalam alaikum

I wanted to buy a used Civic or City 2004/2005. But it really is a hectic job to find a well maintained used car. So I am considering looking for a Japanese imported car 2006/2007. My budget is up to 1050k. What do you suggest I should go for?
    I considered Nissan AD Van and Toyota Succeed/Probox but I want to know about other choices as well because Succeed and AD Van don't have a very appealing shape.
    Leave aside Vitz and other like-wise cars because I very often travel outside of Islamabad and need space for my luggage.
    Belta 1.3L is out of my range and as far as Belta 1.0L is considered I've heard of some complaints that its engine knocks too much. I want to have some reviews of those of you who have ever experienced Belta 1.0L.

And what are the other choices that you people suggest me? or am I only left with searching for civic/city/xli etc?

And important thing, I will prefer to install CNG and I've heard that CNG cannot not be installed on cars which have drive-by-wire air intake system which most of the new Japanese cars have.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ atifshabir:
    Pal, you really asked good questions, I also look for these options.

Dear PW Experts,
    Please suggest your experience and view/advice!
    We are waiting: Thanks.
    thebo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have not mentioned you need manual or auto.

Getting a decent imported car in 1.50m is really difficult as you don't have many options as in local cars.

Don't go for Belta as you cannot instal CNG in it whether auto or manual, secondly its drive is pathetic.

My sincere advise for you is to stick with any local car. Toyota Gli or Altis 2005/6 will be the best option.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Either go for a clean 06/07 Altis (hard to find a manual clean one) and use it on Gas.

Or if you would opt for a fresh import JDM, Go for Vitz...
    Its gonna be hassle free for you.. good efficient running, and space wouldn't be such a problem, since the car has enough space as a hatchback can offer..... however you would NOT be able to install gas in it...

Another option would be 07 city manual i-DSI.... you can use that on CNG too.. but this model, just like the Altis in your range would be abused on the road of PAk for good 5-6 years... Decision is yours, what would you prefer

Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atifshabir View Post
    Assalam alaikum

I wanted to buy a used Civic or City 2004/2005. But it really is a hectic job to find a well maintained used car. So I am considering looking for a Japanese imported car 2006/2007. My budget is up to 1050k. What do you suggest I should go for?
    I considered Nissan AD Van and Toyota Succeed/Probox but I want to know about other choices as well because Succeed and AD Van don't have a very appealing shape.
    Leave aside Vitz and other like-wise cars because I very often travel outside of Islamabad and need space for my luggage.
    Belta 1.3L is out of my range and as far as Belta 1.0L is considered I've heard of some complaints that its engine knocks too much. I want to have some reviews of those of you who have ever experienced Belta 1.0L.

And what are the other choices that you people suggest me? or am I only left with searching for civic/city/xli etc?

And important thing, I will prefer to install CNG and I've heard that CNG cannot not be installed on cars which have drive-by-wire air intake system which most of the new Japanese cars have.

Regards
    I suggest you to go for a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 Version with FF CNG in your range you can find a realy good one as good as new
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with those requirements go for a 06-07 city comfort+fuel economy+trunk+cng+ HONDA B-)
    If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like Automatic Transmission: Lancer and Vitz option are good. But still require 'go ahead' from experts for the best of these two. Re-sale of Vitz is better I guess. But as for as the drive and comfort are concerned, Lancer is better choice. Vitz can be found in semi-new condition but Lancer can't. Is it?
    thebo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i will suggest you to buy PDM car like city or corolla. And you can also find a very well maintained car. JDM cars are good but you don't know that how they are driven, how much they are driven, and touch-ups, any problem and mostly the cars are not having Auction reports. Many Auction reports are fake. And mostly JDM cars are diven above 100k Km. So you should buy a well maintained PDM car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for your responses. I made some visits to the market and saw Nissan AD 2007. It is really nice shaped. It'll cost me around 11.5k after registration is complete. I am thinking to manage this 1k difference and consider it.

@ aantherax
    Lancer seems to be a good choice and I'll check it. I may opt for it too.

@umer325
    Yes you are right. I was visiting a Nissan AD 2007 which showed 48k km on the dial but the seller happened to be somewhat an honest man so he told me that it was actually 97k km as per auction sheet and here they have tampered its oddo. So you never know how much mileage the cars actually have and you never know if the auction sheets are fake. But still i don't have any problem with 2007 car run around 100k km as long as the car is driven in good conditions. I have had some very bad experiences with PMD cars in the past. I dont know why but most of the people who are selling their cars seem to maintain their cars very poorly and then lie too much. I want to take minimum risk.

Some people, I met, have CNG installed on their Nissan ADs and by and large they are successful. But obviously installing CNG on drive-by-wire cars surely puts some risk on their performance and life.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belta engine knocking issue v.funny man...my frnds have belta since 2 years..not a single issue i figured it out and it all on pertol 1.0 L its v.best car compare to feautres dear!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well after lot of research i figured it out the CNG reduce the engine life ..

Theoritically ideally CNG is good for fuel i m not going deep in this detail...

well considerly i can say betla is v.good choice u can get it around 10 Lac model will be 2005 or 2006..

nissan ad is good but compare to Belta i can say belta far better.!

better test drive it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer325
    Yes you are right. I was visiting a Nissan AD 2007 which showed 48k km on the dial but the seller happened to be somewhat an honest man so he told me that it was actually 97k km as per auction sheet and here they have tampered its oddo. So you never know how much mileage the cars actually have and you never know if the auction sheets are fake. But still i don't have any problem with 2007 car run around 100k km as long as the car is driven in good conditions. I have had some very bad experiences with PMD cars in the past. I dont know why but most of the people who are selling their cars seem to maintain their cars very poorly and then lie too much. I want to take minimum risk.

Some people, I met, have CNG installed on their Nissan ADs and by and large they are successful. But obviously installing CNG on drive-by-wire cars surely puts some risk on their performance and life.
    The JDM cars are driven really good and their engines are also in great condition. But many jdm cars are imported accidented or having some major default and they are repaired here. So you never know weather it is accidented or not? Some cars are not having their sensors working. I purchased Vitz and i figured out that its air bag is deployed. adn then bought another vitz and figured out its abs is not working So 1 should be really technical to understand these things . So I will suggest you to go for any PDM car having proper maintenance record and all other things ok. Take any mechanic along with you at the time of purchase so he could check the car thoroughly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro! City/corolla is a better option
    Nissan Sunny is also a very good option.
    Although i do not like Liana much, but it can be a good option for you with low milage and not so old model. Works good on CNG as well

City/Corolla or Nissan sunny is my pick.

Other than that it is hard to believe people since people lie alot as per my experience. There are honest people as well but this is a cruel world. Especially, for the peace of mind it is better to go for a new car, when you are spending this much amount.

If you are going for a used car,at least, go for low milage /latest model and take denter/mechanic with you.

Best of luck

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer325 View Post
    The JDM cars are driven really good and their engines are also in great condition. But many jdm cars are imported accidented or having some major default and they are repaired here. So you never know weather it is accidented or not? Some cars are not having their sensors working. I purchased Vitz and i figured out that its air bag is deployed. adn then bought another vitz and figured out its abs is not working So 1 should be really technical to understand these things . So I will suggest you to go for any PDM car having proper maintenance record and all other things ok. Take any mechanic along with you at the time of purchase so he could check the car thoroughly.
    I also would have preferred PDM cars over JDM cars only if I could find easily a well maintained car and that is the real big issue as per my previous experience.
    I'll surely take a mechanic with me. But is there any way I can check whether air bags are in there proper place?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also would have preferred PDM cars over JDM cars only if I could find easily a well maintained car and that is the real big issue as per my previous experience.
    I'll surely take a mechanic with me. But is there any way I can check whether air bags are in there proper place?
    You can easily find a well maintained car. For example : https://www.pakwheels.com/used-cars/honda-city-2005-for-sale-in-multan-403645

And for the airbags, i also don't know hoe to check weather they are deployed or not

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold316 View Post
    Belta engine knocking issue v.funny man...my frnds have belta since 2 years..not a single issue i figured it out and it all on pertol 1.0 L its v.best car compare to feautres dear!
    Believe me I know of two people who have had bad experience with Belta 1.0L. But I think issue is that the problem is not with Belta, it is with the condition of the cars. The people who I am talking about may have picked defected cars with malfunctioning sensors/injectors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mee to cofused in same situation in my opinior isn"t a altiss 05-6 is a good option do considered it as far as japanese i think you can find a lancer that too hardly these jdm car are very expensive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a brand new suzuki swift may not be a bad choice compared to USED / Repaired JDM imports
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nissan AD is good choice