Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default About Hybrid Cars

As Salam Alaikum

As per subject have some queries about Hybrid Cars in Pakistan. Though Lets discuss Toyota Prius and Honda Civic Hybrid as these are mostly available in Pakistan. Never mind I am zero in case of knowledge regarding Hybrid cars.

Most concerned about batteries.What is the average life of their battery.as I have heard tht Prius cost sumthing around 2lac+ so if one has to change after every 2 3 years it isn't feasible.

Performance: lets better compare Prius vs Civic. A friend bought Hybrid civic and he has to push it all the way on Murree and Nathia Gali area

Everyday Maintenance:There are no engine parts available lets leave tht. But we do not Have Geeks like Xulfiqar & Sergtr everywhere who can atleast diagnose properly whts the problem so it can fixed or part can be sourced out imported.Yet lets also keep DIY on a side.

FOREMOST: Whats the mileage
    Please share figures of Both Civic and Prius.

Only Petrol: Can we drive it on petrol only in case battery is faulty or so.

DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulkarim View Post
    I was reading a thread some minutes ago regarding HKS.. you and the poster were quarelling about some technical logic.. He is right, u jump tp cnclusion without doing ur homework...

now coming to your post, it is with immense sadness that I read ur comment.. How on earth can you justify what you said? Hybrid were not meant for 3rd world countries like Pakistan??? Can you elaborate on ur comment? what are you trying to say? Pakistan doesnt have capable mechanics to repair a decade old technology such as hybrid or Pakistan is a country on Mars where hybrid batteries cannot be imported?

Dont forget, you are talking about a country that is a nuclear nation. We have Intelligent mechanics and electrician that can diagnose/repair any electrical issues in a vehicle..

Now coming to the Hybrid Civic comment.. I personally own a Civic Hybrid 2007 self imported from london two months back.. (Its on sale on pakwheels as im moving abroad).. for ur kind information, the car transmission is CVT (you mentioned the only prius is CVT equiped).. I have personally driven both cars and found civic hybrid to be far better than prius.. prius is very light in weight and seems to be made of plastic while on other hand, civic hybrid is a strong built car with all available features such as cruise control etc...

@Poster: Please stop listening to rumours.. Your friend who said he went to murree and nathia gali and had to push his car.. tell him to stop lieing.. I have personally driven my car from Isb...Murree...Nathiagali...Abbotabad...Taxila and back to islamabad.. I did not face a single incident of low power from the engine... it ran smooth with airconditioner and i came back to isb with more than half tank of fuel in the tank...

We have a tendency of listening and accepting what others say before doing our own homework... everything is avail on google and customer reviews.. visit them and learn for ur self rather than listening to some people that have never even owned a civic...

Cheers!!!
    You need to kno more about hybrid before guiding others.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed_Sheikh View Post
    is that u xulfiqar???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rafay324 View Post
    Mr Karim points seems more logical to me !!
    @abdulkarim

Sir you have valid points and people will accept it when technology will become more common .... and all of these will be using these same hybrid cars like in case of efi but Mr Xulfiqar is quite experienced and mature guy so lets not over turn his thought completely and let the time be decider ....... chillax

Quoted my own post as was lazy enuf to browse back to previous pages
    To be a great politician you need to be get arrested atleast once..........&&&....
    To be a great PAKWHEELER you need to be banned atleast once!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yesterday had seen a Prius,Insight and Civic hybrid in an auction here in Karachi
    prius is not as ECONOMICAL as a Civic Hybrid
    For past houri have been watching reviews about Prius and Civic's in which CIvic was found more economical
    There a one from Top gear too
    in which a BMW M3 was doing better MPG's then a Prius

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you kindly just give me any reference from any where in which it says "Hybrids are meant to be recycled after 5 years". Why are you concluding things on your own?

Alot of people take you as a guru on this site but trust me, you lack one very fundamental element of being a guru: Rejecting new technologies.. you prefer the old conventional Datsun Engines than new hybrid engines..

I'm not a tech geek but I am sure this hybrid technology will go a long way especially in a country like Pakistan where cost of fuel is sky rocketing... As far as service expenses are concerned, trust me, our pakis will find a way to reduce that as well... Cheaper batteries are appearing in the market.. winding the coil of the generator would not be an issue as I am sure our local electricians will know how to do it (Just in case if it fails).. Dont forget by using high-performance magnets and high-density windings the Coils used in this generation of hybrid is of high quality..

All I'm sayin is: Why scare our people from buying such high-tech vehicles which are fuel efficient and on top of that "Environment friendly"...

PS: I use Lala Xulfiqar Hybrid Washing Machine....lolzzzz....
    I dont think you quite understand the concept of "user support" - The Mercedes Benz Gelandewagen is an incredibly fantastic vehicle for offroading or to go where there is no civilization at all. They still are built to the same standard as 20 years ago. By comparison a Toyota Land Cruiser is incapable infront of it.

Why are they not so popular in Pakistan??? - No mechanic in Pakistan is willing to take on its repairs (tooling) and the parts are obscenely expensive, hence people choose to drive a less capable vehicle.

Same with your hybrid, yes you can throw in clauses like Pakistani accountants throw in meetings where engineering designs are being discussed - the accountants put up that a chinese part made from duff metal by underpaid child labor regardless of standard is equally good as an item being produced (umm lets say Siemens) <--------- this is being pointed to you because you are saying that you can rely on your motor winding waala to rewind the coils of the MG... - GO ahead... Been there seen that...

Im not dissing the technology, Im putting up that hybrids are good if the manufacturer of this vehicle backs it in your country, just like the orphan Toyota cars of Japan are not supported by IMC, so if you need an entire front wiring harness complete with plugs and compatibility of a Toyota Will VS edition - you have to source it yourself IMC will not help you. If you are lucky junk parts may help as it is based on an very old technology and design which your mechanics have a little experience of.

If such wild ideas were perfect, the Mitsubishi GDI engines would still be running perfect in Pakistan, the late 90's early 2000 Galants had those, what did they become??? statistics that they dont work in Pakistan, why did they get onto Pakistani roads??? by by people who choose a car by

looks
    pickup
    accessories.

Yes the GDI engines pulled like trains and unbelieveable for a 1.8 litre engine, but when the engines coked up, misfired, bucked and were renderred undriveable, they were repaired by ustaads as Mitsubishi workshops refused to work on them, no tooling or parts. They became basket cases and are now working with swapped engines from Toyota etc. The same fate is of the Mazda Rotary engines - fantastic engines but the cost of repair and the clumsiness of user error combined with "wrong judgement" of buying it as a hypercar, The RX7 was a sports car built to compete with Porsche 911 and the like, the RX8 was built to be a touring car. Well the RX8s in Pakistan are now Toyozda RXJZ something.. Do they work yes, are they good (IMO no)

The hybrid will also become a statistic, unless you come up with mechanics that are qualified to work on them and you have a supply of parts and also technical reference for them, these cars do not work on "tukka or andaaza" but you wont get it - you are very stuck in the hybrid saga (I remember a south park episode on it).

and speaking of washing machines - why did you not buy a meile?? they are the worlds best - proven time and again.

So if you have the financial capacity to junk the car after its done then good for you, but for the other 90% mid class people who cannot sustain a repair blow of massive amount and to have a car devalue like rotten vegetables - its a few big problems.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all Xulfiqar bhai is right.. we dont have proper mechanics to look after our cars..
    If they do understand the decade old EFI, they will be winning accolades from us, the laypersons

Can some one please refer a mechanic in whole of Rawalpindi/ Islamabad who can properly bleed without tearing the brake cylinder seals
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when i told everbody about how big of a fail will these hybrids be once they start having issues - people used to say oh comon people never knew what efi was and they do now - allthough i have yet to come across an electrition that knows what he's doing
    Honda Tuning Solutions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    when i told everbody about how big of a fail will these hybrids be once they start having issues - people used to say oh comon people never knew what efi was and they do now - allthough i have yet to come across an electrition that knows what he's doing
    Its called throwing parts at the problem. Most fuel injection problems are not even sorted in Pakistan, its just bridging the check light and muddling up the wiring harness to make the engine start and run., They cant even sort out Nissan or Mitsubishi problems - the cars end up being "fail teknalagy" and factory faalt.

ahahhaa
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadsoulsnatcher911 View Post
    Yesterday had seen a Prius,Insight and Civic hybrid in an auction here in Karachi
    prius is not as ECONOMICAL as a Civic Hybrid
    For past houri have been watching reviews about Prius and Civic's in which CIvic was found more economical
    There a one from Top gear too
    in which a BMW M3 was doing better MPG's then a Prius
    Man i am amazed wht review u saw.The Prius is very much more fuel economical than a civic hybrid.its even more economical than a insight hybrid of Honda which is rated more than civic
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

Hybrid batteries not the whole car? right??? Xulfiqar said: the car should be recycled...
    Prius battery bank from Toyota US will cost US$ 2500 + shipping handling + local customs duty & taxes. - Japan MITI have export restrictions of Prius parts to Pakistan that is one reason IMC will not support JDM Prius.

1 US$ = PKRs. 103 - 105 / July 2012 onwards.

do some maths please
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    All Prius landing in Pakistan are 2007~2008 with Odometer tampered.
    Few non-tampered Prius 2007 & 2 Civic I have seen are all 87,000 km - 92,000 km plus and damaged.

right hand drive Prius parts are economically available from FAR EAST or Japan only. whereas drive train & battery bank is sourced from Japan & North America.

Maintenance cost is what makes Prius / Civic not viable.

- begining 12 June there will be torrential floods in UK keep watching BBC and you will see floating Prius
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed_Sheikh View Post
    What was that for??? I own a civic talk less of knowing about it? Do you own 1?????????
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar:

Merc G's are used in pak especially by the foreign missions and some of our ministers... they are not common in Pak cuz of the v8 powered engine.. "fuel"... So please dont compare a gas drinking demon with a hybrid... All the above cars you mentioned were rejected by pakis cuz they were not fuel efficient and hard on pocket... Trust me... Hybrid is a different story and would be a success cuz of its fuel efficiency... Time will testify...

As far as after sales is concerned, we have never had the blessing of after sales.. be it from Japanese manufacturer or German... We will still have to go to local shops that are importing them and selling them... which i bet we all are used too...

With no CNG in future and fuel cost touching the sky...and another term by "Khappe Khappe"... believe me... hybrid vehicles will come to our rescue...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ I have worked on them,, talk about knowing it...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Prius battery bank from Toyota US will cost US$ 2500 + shipping handling + local customs duty & taxes. - Japan MITI have export restrictions of Prius parts to Pakistan that is one reason IMC will not support JDM Prius.

1 US$ = PKRs. 103 - 105 / July 2012 onwards.

do some maths please
    Forget math and just read the news... Hybrid Batteries and vehicles with
    25% reduction in duty...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ^^ I have worked on them,, talk about knowing it...
    Good for you... award dedoon???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    All Prius landing in Pakistan are 2007~2008 with Odometer tampered.
    Few non-tampered Prius 2007 & 2 Civic I have seen are all 87,000 km - 92,000 km plus and damaged.

right hand drive Prius parts are economically available from FAR EAST or Japan only. whereas drive train & battery bank is sourced from Japan & North America.

Maintenance cost is what makes Prius / Civic not viable.

- begining 12 June there will be torrential floods in UK keep watching BBC and you will see floating Prius
    All you and Xulfiqar can do is talk of some grammers mixed up with high tech vocabulary to impress people... talk of logic brothers... Support ur words with references not probabilities...

What If I import my own car with verification... then???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar:

Merc G's are used in pak especially by the foreign missions and some of our ministers... they are not common in Pak cuz of the v8 powered engine.. "fuel"... So please dont compare a gas drinking demon with a hybrid... All the above cars you mentioned were rejected by pakis cuz they were not fuel efficient and hard on pocket... Trust me... Hybrid is a different story and would be a success cuz of its fuel efficiency... Time will testify...

As far as after sales is concerned, we have never had the blessing of after sales.. be it from Japanese manufacturer or German... We will still have to go to local shops that are importing them and selling them... which i bet we all are used too...

With no CNG in future and fuel cost touching the sky...and another term by "Khappe Khappe"... believe me... hybrid vehicles will come to our rescue...
    the rural spec gelandewagens use low geared diesels, they are low speed high torque vehicles, we are not talking about G55 AMG here, how about G300D.. It sips less fuel than any cruiser, the old Land Rover Defender and Discovery with the 2.5 litre Tdi engine (dubbed as 300TDI) returns about 12 to 13 km/lit.. no Land Cruiser can do that unless you like driving around in a cage.

I can tell you from experience in getting called out for repairing them and also getting them towed to my shop, only a very select mechanics in Karachi could actually correct set the timing on that engine - The valve clearance adjustment is also very unorthodox and is botched up very easily. The usual mechanic will top off the manual trans with Gear oil which will completely screw up the trans because it requires ATF, WHY???? Because such technology is not learnt by the repair folks, and general people in Pakistan do not take their cars to dealerships because they get skinned there. So as I said, unless you import mechanics and parts supplies for it then its perfect. Otherwise its

O <---- hole where you lose money.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

All you and Xulfiqar can do is talk of some grammers mixed up with high tech vocabulary to impress people... talk of logic brothers... Support ur words with references not probabilities...

now it seems you are feeling ridiculed no offence meant your money your choice forum is a free speech board everybody is free to share.

If you'd be in Karachi with your Prius - I can pull out its history which you may never be able to extract. I stand by my words.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what profession are you in?

speaking of references and possibilities, hmm - we know that fire injures the human body, no need to verify it, it stands along the same lines as everything mechanical wears out and has EOL, what reference are you talking about..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List