Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The most difficult decission for me to take right now!!! Help Required

Dear PW members, I am Ali Faraz and I would like your help in a serious issue. I wish to buy a car but like everyone else I want a few necessities to be there. First of all let me give you a general idea what I ll be using my car for. I will be using it for daily office run which is not more than a Km. But on weekends I ll be driving around 400 Kms one way to Pindi. Trips to Karachi once a year can also be not over ruled. I previously owned a Santro Exec and I loved the car but while travelling on the motorway and especially on long routes I prefer to have a bigger, stronger car with a little more comfort.

My budget is max 9lakhs 50 thousand. I am keeping 50 for the after buying upgrades etc. I do not wish to change the car in next 5 to 6 years.

Now, the options I have and the pros and cons of each are listed below.

Toyota Corolla:
    Pros:: Better resale, affordable and maintainable
    Cons::Ugly looking, not sure if the brake and stability of the car is reliable

Honda Civic (2006,2005,2004)
    Pros:: Very very comfortable, prestigious, reliable especially on long routes
    Cons::Expensive maintenance, comparatively poor resale as compared to Toyota
    Toyota Altis
    Pros:: Very comfortable, toyota, resale, reliable on long routes
    Cons:: 1800cc that means heavy on fuel, plus not very good looking.

Please give your comments and recommend any better option if you feel right.

Regards

Ali
    I love my country, my mother, my soil

For her I bleed, I sweet, I toil

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by A_F_H View Post
    My budget is max 9lakhs 50 thousand
    Go to the used car section and search for Kia Sportage and if you like what you see then check out this thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3360970

Sent from DS9
    Difficult I can do today, impossible will take a little longer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    You should have a look at sharabi's topic over here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...used-cars-port .Read it properly and look at his sincerity with you and us.I bet if you were a dealer you wouldn't have showed us anything.I have learned a lot from it and am pretty much sure many of others would have done the same.Capsat only wanted the OP to be on safer side and advised him to contact this guy before putting his hands onto something which isn't worthy.
    it was a joke brother.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will suggest either a Sunny 2010(or better) or a brand new Swift.(pay atleast 75 % and the rest in an year installments)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by laaphi View Post
    he shows only one side picture, this is unfair, there are alot of vehicles on other ports of 4.5 or 5 grade. which may be he didn't see. if he post this kind of pics he must have post pics of new one vehicles which are in KPT. almost 70% new 30% damage vehicles are coming from abroad.
    carefully speaking after continuous observation of the situation, it is other way round 70% is JUNK wheels landing 30% are Grade 3.5 & above.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capsat sir mitthi pao, chill maro
    My Cell: 0320-2197670 email: rasheedsahab2012@gmail.com
    Join my group if u love JDM cars : www.facebook.com/JDM.imports.Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    carefully speaking after continuous observation of the situation, it is other way round 70% is JUNK wheels landing 30% are Grade 3.5 & above.
    sir, as i am related to business of custom clearing, my observation are correct or near to correct. i don't know about your source.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm apart from "resale" aspect, u can try lancer glx auto 1.6 G.V [devan import]
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, till now majority of your feed back has been helpful, I am really thankful to all, but I ve been searching the PW pages for quite some time now I found some reasonably good Honda Civics 2004/2005 models in my range. Plus Toyota Corolla SE Saloon 2004/2005 is also available in the same budget. Yes, most of them are either Karachi or Lahore registered but I dont mind that. Secondly, I took a look at the sportage thread a friend suggested in the topic and yea I liked it, similarly Mitsubishi Lancer as the last friend suggested is also a good option but I would like to change the vehicle after 5 years. Wont the resale be an issue? And will the resale issue be there in a swift as well?

Another query that I have is performance and efficiency wise, which is better, civic or se saloon. I know I am starting a Honda vs Toyota debate here but guys please rise above your own vehicles and the prejeduces attached to them, I believe any thing that runs on the road has something to it and thats why people buy it.

Lastly, would you suggest leasing of used vehicle if I go for a 2010/2011 City (New Shape). I can pay 7 lakhs as down payment and can afford a 20,000 to 22,000 monthly installment. I tried looking in the Meezan bank Ijrah calculator but just wanna know which bank gives the best car option. And one more thing, between Civic 2004/2005, Corolla Se Saloon 2004/2005 and City 2010/2011(used car lease option) which might be the best option.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get a probox or fielder or nissan sunny 06,07 model

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I ll be glad if you can find me a fielder in my budget. Nissan doesnt have a good resale neither a healthy spares market. Probox is just not impressive enough.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by laaphi View Post
    sir, as i am related to business of custom clearing, my observation are correct or near to correct. i don't know about your source.
    in any business - either correct or not correct - there is no NEAR to Correct status if you are in business else it is gambling
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by A_F_H View Post
    Well, till now majority of your feed back has been helpful, I am really thankful to all, but I ve been searching the PW pages for quite some time now I found some reasonably good Honda Civics 2004/2005 models in my range. Plus Toyota Corolla SE Saloon 2004/2005 is also available in the same budget. Yes, most of them are either Karachi or Lahore registered but I dont mind that. Secondly, I took a look at the sportage thread a friend suggested in the topic and yea I liked it, similarly Mitsubishi Lancer as the last friend suggested is also a good option but I would like to change the vehicle after 5 years. Wont the resale be an issue? And will the resale issue be there in a swift as well?

Another query that I have is performance and efficiency wise, which is better, civic or se saloon. I know I am starting a Honda vs Toyota debate here but guys please rise above your own vehicles and the prejeduces attached to them, I believe any thing that runs on the road has something to it and thats why people buy it.

Lastly, would you suggest leasing of used vehicle if I go for a 2010/2011 City (New Shape). I can pay 7 lakhs as down payment and can afford a 20,000 to 22,000 monthly installment. I tried looking in the Meezan bank Ijrah calculator but just wanna know which bank gives the best car option. And one more thing, between Civic 2004/2005, Corolla Se Saloon 2004/2005 and City 2010/2011(used car lease option) which might be the best option.
    Civic 2004/2005 comfort but fuel cost will be high. so if you can afford to make its tank full every month apart from the petrol/cng you use for running then go for it. Consider the 100K service charges to keep the car healthy for next 5 years.(1.3 time the toyota spares)

Corolla Se Saloon 2004/2005 Se saloon may be a bit higher on fuel consumption then xli but still better then civic. Consider the 100K service charges to keep the car healthy for next 3-5 years.

I personally would have gone for city 2010-11 for best fuel average and no immediate maintenace requirements apart from typical oils replacement.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    in any business - either correct or not correct - there is no NEAR to Correct status if you are in business else it is gambling
    there is always a little margin between your rough calculations.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Option of mezan Bank is good
    buy city 2009
    Pakistan <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mag88 View Post
    Civic 2004/2005 comfort but fuel cost will be high. so if you can afford to make its tank full every month apart from the petrol/cng you use for running then go for it. Consider the 100K service charges to keep the car healthy for next 5 years.(1.3 time the toyota spares)

Corolla Se Saloon 2004/2005 Se saloon may be a bit higher on fuel consumption then xli but still better then civic. Consider the 100K service charges to keep the car healthy for next 3-5 years.

I personally would have gone for city 2010-11 for best fuel average and no immediate maintenace requirements apart from typical oils replacement.
    How much are we talking, I mean in comparison between a Civic and a SE Saloon how much millage are we talking about here. How many Kms in a litre in both inside city and on highway for both prosmatic and manual transmission.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Typical Car cityac w/o ac highway constant 120 cruise(no effect of ac)
    Civic 1.8 prosmatic 9 10 13
    Civic 1.8 Manual 9 11 13
    SE saloon (1.6 Auto) 10 11 14
    City 11 13 16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    You will hardly find a good car from the choices you mentioned. If you are comfortable with hatchback, get a good grade JDM car. E.g. Passo

Sent from Pan ka khoka using Tapatalk
    Raza bhai, why passo, why not other JDM cars like Mira, Alto, Esse and not to forget March

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimm76 View Post
    Raza bhai, why passo, why not other JDM cars like Mira, Alto, Esse and not to forget March
    Sincerely speaking, I have driven Mira and Alto (660cc), these are underpowered cars when loaded with 3 to 4 persons. Engine main jaisay jaan na rahi ho (on AC). While i was planning for replacement of my cultus, i considered all of them, but found that passo / vitz being 1000 cc are much better than these 660 toys. So i bought passo as vitz was getting out of budget.

Yes, March is an excellent car, i also had the option to buy a 2007 march(3.5 grade bcaz of high mileage 156k), but body wise it was perfect. My mechanic advised not to buy that, bcaz comparatively parts are hard to find and further that car had some transmission noise so rejected by my mechanic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List