0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz or Lancer 1.3? Stuck :(

Hey guys! I have been a regular reader of comments and suggestions at PakWheels since a long time. I have never really needed advice because I was waiting to get a new car but now I am stuck and need EXPERT advice.

Here are some facts:

• I am changing from Suzuki Alto 2007.
    • My budget is from 7-8.5k.
    • I don't want a City (02-05) or a Corolla 04-06 as there is a Corolla in the house.

I have been an avid fan of VITZ and LANCER but I need expert advice of people who have driven both these cars as I am confused about which one I want. The car will be used for regular use, driving to college/uni, with family, with friends etc.

LANCER:

As searched on Pakwheels, Lancer can be found between 7-8.5k depending on mileage and condition. All are 2005-2007. Car will be 1.3, whether GL or GLX depends on availability and price difference. I understand parts will be a problem but now it seems that its not as big a problem as it used to be in the past. I'm pretty sure my father will buy CNG installed car. Please tell me how much is the mileage on Petrol and CNG of 1.3l Lancer?

Also, I have learnt that there are two kinds of Lancer. One is Japan assembled made for Pak market, and another is Japan assembled made for Japan market (very expensive). My friend just got the Japan market one for around 11k. It is slightly different exterior wise (and according to him, engine wise). When buying a lancer, what should I look out for? How much is a 2007 fresh import?

VITZ:

My father personally prefers Vitz. I have read on PW that 1.0 model is very pathetic so possibly he will go for 1.3l. I will be looking for 2006-2008 model but I am pretty sure it will cross my range. But as my father prefers it, he will be willing to go upto 9-10k for it. Can CNG be installed on it? What is the petrol mileage of 1.3l?

Please help!
    Will wait for everyones replies

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lancer is a beauty if u can find a nice clean car. i have used 1.6 and kept for 17 months. the car was driven for 115,000km in that time period and it never ever gave me a problem. (the car had a meter reading of 65k km when i got it). spares are easily available (a little costly though). the car used to give me 140-170 km/cylinder on cng in islamabad depending upon cng pump pressures and 180-210 on highways with an average speed of 130-140km. many people dont believe in it but its true and self tested manyyyy times.

if u go for vitz, get a 1.3l vitz. cng will work only if u can find a non-cvt gear transmission which are a little hard to find. vitz is also not bad and has a goood drive.

if u go for a freshly imported vitz, you will be a little better off because finding a good quality lancer is very difficult.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fresh import vitz isn't in this range. I would advise you to go for a registered 1.0 Vitz in this range, but NOLY if you'll be driving on petrol.

If you opt for lancer and want CNG make sure you get a manual one. And yes spares of lancer are more expensive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2007 lancer fresh will cost u 1050K +

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer is really a nice car.. Go for it without any doubts
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    lancer is a beauty if u can find a nice clean car. i have used 1.6 and kept for 17 months. the car was driven for 115,000km in that time period and it never ever gave me a problem. (the car had a meter reading of 65k km when i got it). spares are easily available (a little costly though). the car used to give me 140-170 km/cylinder on cng in islamabad depending upon cng pump pressures and 180-210 on highways with an average speed of 130-140km. many people dont believe in it but its true and self tested manyyyy times.

if u go for vitz, get a 1.3l vitz. cng will work only if u can find a non-cvt gear transmission which are a little hard to find. vitz is also not bad and has a goood drive.

if u go for a freshly imported vitz, you will be a little better off because finding a good quality lancer is very difficult.
    Thanks a lot for your input bro. Much appreciated. Your Lancer is giving damn good average! (y)

Please help me out if I consider ads like these : Lancer 1 , Lancer 2 . They are CNG fitted and 70-80k done.
    Do they qualify as good quality lancer?

Also, according to you and ivtec3, CNG cannot be fitted in 1.0 Vitz?
    And not even in 1.3 unless it is non-CVT transmission?

Can someone please tell me avgs of petrol 1.0 and 1.3 Vitz? as well as CNG.. (model 2006+)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Usman Riaz View Post

Can someone please tell me avgs of petrol 1.0 and 1.3 Vitz? as well as CNG.. (model 2006+)
    CNG CAN be fitted in the 05+ Vitz, but its most likely to ruin your CVT transmission, ive seen it happen in city varios.

the previous generation of Vitz is compatible with CNG.

if its a 1.3 and Non- CVT then I dont see any reason why it shouldn't work, although I personally havent seen any new generation Vitz running successfully so I cannot claim that this will work.

my 1.0L 06 gives 13Km/l (light foot) with AC and my 1.3L gives around 10.5-11Km/l

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, if u need good fuel consumption and mileage, then i ll recommend you to go for vitz

but if you need comfort, luxury, elite class car then go for JDM lancer (1.5L), ABS, Dual Airbags!

2007 LANCER fresh import unregistered will cost you 13.50lac, from mitsubishi motors, reg fees 35k

and there is no problem in availability of parts for lancer, they are easily available here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you have any consideration for like.....buying a hatchback / small utility car? If there are no compulsions and consideration for resale, go for Lancer. You are in Karachi and will find plenty of nice clean Lancers, but you have to hunt and track em down.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    Bro, if u need good fuel consumption and mileage, then i ll recommend you to go for vitz

but if you need comfort, luxury, elite class car then go for JDM lancer (1.5L), ABS, Dual Airbags!

2007 LANCER fresh import unregistered will cost you 13.50lac, from mitsubishi motors, reg fees 35k

and there is no problem in availability of parts for lancer, they are easily available here
    its under 11 lac my friend.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why pay extra to mitsubishi motors?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lancer is good choice... my lancer is for sale... buts its 1.6... it gives 110km easily on a.c in city.. but i mostly drive in petrol... becoz petrol gives actual fun of lancer... but i think 110km is less.. coz most of my czn says its very less... it has slightly missing problem... may be its becoz of poor fitting of cng tank by machenic.. if u r intrested u can see my ad.. Used Mitsubishi Lancer 2005 Car for sale in Karachi - 469780 | Pakwheels

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for your input bro. Much appreciated. Your Lancer is giving damn good average! (y)

Please help me out if I consider ads like these : Lancer 1 , Lancer 2 . They are CNG fitted and 70-80k done.
    Do they qualify as good quality lancer?

u cannot guess about the actual condition of the car in pics. pics only tell u about da looks. inspect the cars physically. and DO NOT LOOK AT THE MILEAGE. We Pakistanis are in the habit of playing with our odo.
    I would suggest to go for a 1.6 lancer with manual transmission.

as far as CNG in vitz is concerned, it is not advisable as already pointed out by ivtec3 due to CVT transmission. I had CNG installed in my 97 ferio civic which had a cvt gearbox. But i uninstalled it coz then u have to drive really really carefully.

some people also claim that they are using cvt transmission vitz on cng and you can find then on this forum also. but i will not go for it.

Everybody has his/her own point of view.

Do what seems logical to you bro. All the best.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have owned lancer for a very long time and what i can tell is that it is a 1300cc luxury car, comfort level far far better than any local car in its class
    mine is purely on petrol and i have heard from many that CNG doesn't work really well in lancer (it doesn't work well in any JDM car in fact)
    in city it gives between 12-13 km/l with AC and on long 16+ km/l with AC
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    i have owned lancer for a very long time and what i can tell is that it is a 1300cc luxury car, comfort level far far better than any local car in its class
    mine is purely on petrol and i have heard from many that CNG doesn't work really well in lancer (it doesn't work well in any JDM car in fact)
    in city it gives between 12-13 km/l with AC and on long 16+ km/l with AC
    thats not correct. cng works perfectly in lancer. read my experience in above posts bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as i said i have only heard about lancer being unsuccessful on CNG and have even read on PW of some people who faced problems after installing CNG in lancer
    my car is very less driven so no need of CNG in it, it has only done 56,000 km as yet in almost 6 years
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post

Bro JDM Lancer(1500cc) is not in my range. I have driven it and mashAllah it is a beauty!! Very very comfortable drive much much better than local cars. If I opt for Lancer I'll probably go for cars like the ads I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    thats not correct. cng works perfectly in lancer. read my experience in above posts bro
    Yes I have heard that Lancer works perfectly with CNG. But my friend who owns a JDM 1500cc Lancer keeps complaining about low average. He runs on petrol and gets a pathetic average of 6-7km/l. Itna bura tou Civic 1800cc ka bhi nahi hai yaar. And he says all Lancers have pathetic petrol average. Another friend says the same. Is it true?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro JDM Lancer(1500cc) is not in my range. I have driven it and mashAllah it is a beauty!! Very very comfortable drive much much better than local cars. If I opt for Lancer I'll probably go for cars like the ads I posted above.

Yes I have heard that Lancer works perfectly with CNG. But my friend who owns a JDM 1500cc Lancer keeps complaining about low average. He runs on petrol and gets a pathetic average of 6-7km/l. Itna bura tou Civic 1800cc ka bhi nahi hai yaar. And he says all Lancers have pathetic petrol average. Another friend says the same. Is it true?
    my experience tells me that cng gives good results with japanese cars. BUT, when u install cng in a petrol car, you will get a pathetic average since the settings are disturbed.
    as far as local lancers are concerned, they give a mileage around 10-12km/l when cng is installed in them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my non-cng lancer easily gives 12.5 km/l local with AC
    CNG lowers the petrol average a lot, and these japanese cars are meant to be driven purely on petrol
    CNG only works in toyota and suzuki

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List