6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should i..or should i not....

Salam all..i hope that all of my pakwheels brothers will be doing fine..actually your valuable suggestion have always helped me alot whenever im in problem..By the grace of Allah i updgraded from cultus 2006 to city 2008.the car which i bought is in prestine condition MASHALLAH and is still on petrol..it is currently giving me 13km/l with 100perc a/c on..now arrrises the problem..should i get it converted to cng or not???actually my car has a daily mileage of like 80km..so considering this mileage my expenses has increased.i need your suggestions and opinion in this regard.should i install cng to limit my expenses????..some people says that cng will not be available in the coming winter so better keep it on petrol ..this car gives 15km/l easily..mine is 24000km driven and its not giving me 15km/l...a very good friend of mine suggested me to use HONDA injector cleaner or LIQU MOLY injector cleaner..fortunately i got my hands on LIQU MOLY injectore cleaner and poured it in a half tank...still driving but im not feeling improvement in the mileage..so also suggest me which cng kit should i go for..lambada one or the simple one???plus also tell me the average of this car on cng..your opinionis and suggestion will help me deciding that should i or should i not...???after installing cng should i putt spacers in the shocks or i should get the spring changed????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Friend CNG is no issue in feature. but if you can afford drive your vehicle on petrol it much batter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the speedy reply brother...hoping for more suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by msriaz View Post
    Dear Friend CNG is no issue in feature. but if you can afford drive your vehicle on petrol it much batter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if your car is automatic then do not go for CNG, but if it is manual then you can.....
    I have 2008 City Manual, CNG is installed and it gives me 145-150kms/cylinder 55.. with AC... so I think it is good mileage

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

must change spring.. If you are in Karachi.. I must suggest you to covert your car into CNG..
    But for LAhore. I think CNG station closed 3 days A week !!
    Wait and see the new policies about LNG(LPG)
    Pakistan <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude... i have a manual city 2007 and have a cng kit installed in my car.. it used to give around 140 to 150 km's per cylinder of 55.. its been 6 months now that i am running my car on petrol and it gives me around 12.8 to 13.5 km/l average with AC within city.. in winters it would definitely do 15. i stopped using cng because of the time u waste in queues to get ur cylinder refilled.. and most of the times the available pressure is not good resulting in a decrease in mileage!! ali.5779 is right.. dun go for cng if u own a vario. u can always go for cng if u hav a manual car and u have no issues waiting in queues.. warna enjoy driving it on petrol.. u'll love it....
    and u dont need any shocks or spacers to be installed unless if u plan to fill the rear with a lot weight...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the reply..yes my car is manual not a VARIO one...
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.5779 View Post
    if your car is automatic then do not go for CNG, but if it is manual then you can.....
    I have 2008 City Manual, CNG is installed and it gives me 145-150kms/cylinder 55.. with AC... so I think it is good mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all im really thankfull to you for your detailed reply...im getting exactly the same mileage which you mentioned..and i must say im loving the ride on petrol..i personally dont want to convert it on cng but due to some unfavorable circumstances im in a doubt....second thing is that im having another car on petrol so keeping two cars on petrol would be like..difficult..it in winters it gives me 15 then it is marvelous..i wont convert it on cng..yes my car is manual not a VARIO..
    Quote Originally Posted by uzaiir View Post
    dude... i have a manual city 2007 and have a cng kit installed in my car.. it used to give around 140 to 150 km's per cylinder of 55.. its been 6 months now that i am running my car on petrol and it gives me around 12.8 to 13.5 km/l average with AC within city.. in winters it would definitely do 15. i stopped using cng because of the time u waste in queues to get ur cylinder refilled.. and most of the times the available pressure is not good resulting in a decrease in mileage!! ali.5779 is right.. dun go for cng if u own a vario. u can always go for cng if u hav a manual car and u have no issues waiting in queues.. warna enjoy driving it on petrol.. u'll love it....
    and u dont need any shocks or spacers to be installed unless if u plan to fill the rear with a lot weight...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This coming winters, CNG will not be as freely available & stations will also be closed. Either keep it on petrol and drive carefully to improve milage or wait for LPG.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply brother..yes im thinking to keep it on petrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    This coming winters, CNG will not be as freely available & stations will also be closed. Either keep it on petrol and drive carefully to improve milage or wait for LPG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think the decision lies on your pocket.

Anti-CNG guys would say 'dont destroy ur car'...but the fact is they dont fill ur pockets.

If you have 50-60k Rs ready for investment then you can recover most of it when you sell ur car.

Even with hiked CNG prices, the cost/km on CNG is almost half as that on petrol. For 80 km per day...I think you will save A LOT of money every month. Plus when CNG is not available or when you see long queues you can also drive on petrol.

You have a nice economical car, going more economical is always sensible. Drilling two holes in the trunk wont destroy ur car. Lets accept Its just a Honda City after all, not a Ferrari that you wont like any one touch it.
    ~Love for All Hatred For None~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i must say its a very sensible and too the point answer..i have already made my mind to get cng installed tomorrow or on saturday..coz i can easily c that the difference between cng and petrol consumption is nearly half.i can recall that i was going to buy brand new swift but coz of the fact that it can perform well on cng..i opted this option and im not regretting it..im loving the drvie every km of it..thanks for your kind reply
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNER View Post
    I think the decision lies on your pocket.

Anti-CNG guys would say 'dont destroy ur car'...but the fact is they dont fill ur pockets.

If you have 50-60k Rs ready for investment then you can recover most of it when you sell ur car.

Even with hiked CNG prices, the cost/km on CNG is almost half as that on petrol. For 80 km per day...I think you will save A LOT of money every month. Plus when CNG is not available or when you see long queues you can also drive on petrol.

You have a nice economical car, going more economical is always sensible. Drilling two holes in the trunk wont destroy ur car. Lets accept Its just a Honda City after all, not a Ferrari that you wont like any one touch it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stunner
    which cng kit should i buy...the one with advancer only or the one which has lambada controller tooo????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ haroon47
    i would advise u NOT to go for cng
    coz in Lahore u will not get cng for 3 days straight. also on the 4th day it is really hard to get cng and also quite frustrating, when u need to reach to work and u are standing in que for cng. morever the pressure is never perfect to get good avg. so most ppl avoid and drive on partol
    now when any one who installed cng and then drives on patrol, the fuel avg is very poor .
    more over having installed cng, everyone becomes little careless abt fuel cost and end up using more cng .
    what i mean to say that basically we are talking abt fuel cost , so once u stay on patrol, u are quite careful to not to roam around wasting patrol
    hope it helps

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon47 View Post
    @stunner
    which cng kit should i buy...the one with advancer only or the one which has lambada controller tooo????
    You would be amazed to know my brother in law is driving 2007 city since more than an year without advancer. Its a little pain in neck, but if you are easy on paddle then you wont see great difference. He is just too lazy to install an advancer (when he bought the car advancer was missing). The lambda could 'possibly' save some fuel if you drive very neat and with patience (I dont know how is that possible in Lahore). Otherwise its main purpose is not to give economy but to give optimal amount of fuel as required which can act as vtec-kicking-in-yo and not a fuel saving component. Its just not worth it (plus the problems that mechanics would produce, blame the lambda for everything).
    ~Love for All Hatred For None~

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List