Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Not sure if to buy a City 02 , City 99 , Vitz 02 , Civic 99 or Baleno

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Not sure if to buy a City 02 , City 99 , Vitz 02 , Civic 99

    Salam PW's
    Brothers want to buy a car from any of the ones below, but this would be first time ill be buying any of these cars and i dont know any one who has any of them. Can you please help me in deciding what car to buy by telling me the cars pros and cons and main to look out for problems during a buy. I will buy a car by 10th of NOVEMBER except for the City 99 which i have the money for right away.

    Here are some of the things i know/heard about the cars. Please let me know in detail about the car(s) youknow about or have had experience with. Also if you have any for sale in view do let me know.

    (IN DESCENDING ORDER OF PRIORITY)
    Car1: City 2002 : This is the most preferred car .As far as i believe this is the best car out of the lot. This would be a bit over my budget but i think i could stretch my budget to get this. Saw one on PW but was painted. What is the loss with a painted car.

    Car2: City 1999 : This is a good car , drove one around 3 years back to muree , was a good car. But its an old car and i dont know what kind of problems this car has.

    Car3: Vitz 99-02: This was my first choice when i sold my old car. Auto on petrol 4 door was what i was looking for and was in my budget. But every one i ask says this car is not worth it , it develops engine problems and spares are not easy to find and are expensive.

    Car4 : Civic 99 : I secretly admire this car but when it comes down to buying it i am a bit scared as i had a 94 civic previously and it was mostly in the workshop. I loved that car till the day i sold it.


    Thank You
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    just invert ur list the car on the top is ur rite ans
    go for top of the line model

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cooldevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,047
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    city 2002 is the best! baleno has got a backfire problem by birth. civic 99 is very heavy on fuel.city 99 is carby.so city 2002 is an all rounder.best road grip,brakes,fuel efficiency, cheap spare parts cost compared to other 1300cc cars. it has the most elegant shape among all the cars u mentioned. my city does 200km+ in one complete cng cylinder(55kg) in city! awesome pick and acceleration.

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    xohaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    go for vitz.. it has a far most comfortable soundless drive..

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    city 2002 is the best! baleno has got a backfire problem by birth. civic 99 is very heavy on fuel.city 99 is carby.so city 2002 is an all rounder.best road grip,brakes,fuel efficiency, cheap spare parts cost compared to other 1300cc cars. it has the most elegant shape among all the cars u mentioned. my city does 200km+ in one complete cng cylinder(55kg) in city! awesome pick and acceleration.
    I have finallized it down to two and one is the City 02 and other is Civic 99-00 hopefully i can get one in good condition soon , pray for me
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    just invert ur list the car on the top is ur rite ans
    go for top of the line model
    can i get a vti oriel (manual/pros) year 00 in my max budget of 7 lac
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother increasing your budget a little and buy 2001 prosmatec shape exi manual with around 100000 km or less it would be best.

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother increasing your budget a little and buy 2001 prosmatec shape exi manual with around 100000 km or less it would be best.
    Brother i really wish i could , but at this moment this is my max budget , how much would this cost around, and if i could i would have to wait till march maybe
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother than look out for vti oriel manual 99 model with square lights or exi auto which one of u find in good condition condition is important before buying any car specialy civic. civic is one gem of car with smooth engine. My boss have 1996 vti with 350000 km on it i recently changed timing belt power steering belt spark plugs head gaskit and engine oil and still the engine is so vibration less that u can put a glass of water on it and it will not drop.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother than look out for vti oriel manual 99 model with square lights or exi auto which one of u find in good condition condition is important before buying any car specialy civic. civic is one gem of car with smooth engine. My boss have 1996 vti with 350000 km on it i recently changed timing belt power steering belt spark plugs head gaskit and engine oil and still the engine is so vibration less that u can put a glass of water on it and it will not drop.
    Nice ... hopefully i can get one soon
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    members have already pointed it out.

    city 2000-2003 (must be exis)
    civic 99 (be it exi or vti, it should be in really good condition otherwise it will be a pain) there is one parked outside zong office on bank road rwp if u want to go for it.

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ToxicDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,317
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    13
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You have correctly narrowed it down to the two choices City 2002 and civic 99-00.
    I myself have civic 98 vti. It is a great car. No doubt smooth and comfortable, pick is AWESOME too.Till date it has never had any engine work even now its engine is great. But I would suggest you buy the newer one. i.e. city. For two reasons.

    -No matter how good the car has been maintained its parts are going to give up sooner or later due to age. (everything in this world ages.) Some day the antenna motor would give up or perhaps the power window mechanism would have rotten. There are many such small things. Rust is one of them. Mileage is another. For such a old car the mileage would obviously be high. Perhaps more than 150k km.

    -Second thing is that Civic is heavy on gas. My car automatic give me MAX 120km in city on CNG on very light pedal without AC. On 8-9kg gas. As other member has mentioned that his city:
    my city does 200km+ in one complete cng cylinder(55kg) in city!
    So I think City would be a better choice.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    members have already pointed it out.

    city 2000-2003 (must be exis)
    civic 99 (be it exi or vti, it should be in really good condition otherwise it will be a pain) there is one parked outside zong office on bank road rwp if u want to go for it.
    Can u get the price and some photoes if convinient cause i live in lahore ...
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDevil View Post
    You have correctly narrowed it down to the two choices City 2002 and civic 99-00.
    I myself have civic 98 vti. It is a great car. No doubt smooth and comfortable, pick is AWESOME too.Till date it has never had any engine work even now its engine is great. But I would suggest you buy the newer one. i.e. city. For two reasons.

    -No matter how good the car has been maintained its parts are going to give up sooner or later due to age. (everything in this world ages.) Some day the antenna motor would give up or perhaps the power window mechanism would have rotten. There are many such small things. Rust is one of them. Mileage is another. For such a old car the mileage would obviously be high. Perhaps more than 150k km.

    -Second thing is that Civic is heavy on gas. My car automatic give me MAX 120km in city on CNG on very light pedal without AC. On 8-9kg gas. As other member has mentioned that his city:


    So I think City would be a better choice.

    Thanks for sharing ur experience , this is really helpfull when a guy who has the cars tells his story.
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=Haroon_Tarar;3595999]You are a civic 99(sorry if im worng) guy can u also share your experience bec i think bec of my budget(might be less then i thought due to some emergency expenses) i might have to go for a 98 civic
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have owned 98 civic as well. there is not much difference between 98 and 99 except the looks. both are equally comfy and powerful. the one that u see in my dp is a japanese ferio and that is an entirely different class than local civics.
    if you have budget limitations, u can always go for a civic 96-98. just dont go for a city prior 2000.

    the one that i mentioned in rwp is a civic exi auto 99 black khi regd

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    Farooqbash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear Haroon, Can explain major differences between local civic 96-98 and Japenese ferio of the same year.

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    no difference in engine and body. seats and door poshish is a lil different.
    ABS
    SRS AIRBAGS
    4 wheel disc brakes
    Climate control A/C
    Major difference comes in terms of its gear and drive. it has a CVT gear with ECONOMY and SPRINT modes. This difference makes the drive different altogether. I have not come across any car yet that can cross mine when it comes to sprinting and I have made no modifications at all to the car. When you talk about economy, the car averages around 16-17km/l out of city and 13-14 within city.

    some suspension parts are of 99-2000 model.

    that is it.

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasilrkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    no difference in engine and body. seats and door poshish is a lil different.
    ABS
    SRS AIRBAGS
    4 wheel disc brakes
    Climate control A/C
    Major difference comes in terms of its gear and drive. it has a CVT gear with ECONOMY and SPRINT modes. This difference makes the drive different altogether. I have not come across any car yet that can cross mine when it comes to sprinting and I have made no modifications at all to the car. When you talk about economy, the car averages around 16-17km/l out of city and 13-14 within city.

    some suspension parts are of 99-2000 model.

    that is it.
    Nice haroon bhae
    Never give up, never back down, Always give a 110 percent,

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    Farooqbash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    no difference in engine and body. seats and door poshish is a lil different.
    ABS
    SRS AIRBAGS
    4 wheel disc brakes
    Climate control A/C
    Major difference comes in terms of its gear and drive. it has a CVT gear with ECONOMY and SPRINT modes. This difference makes the drive different altogether. I have not come across any car yet that can cross mine when it comes to sprinting and I have made no modifications at all to the car. When you talk about economy, the car averages around 16-17km/l out of city and 13-14 within city.

    some suspension parts are of 99-2000 model.

    that is it.
    can i replace the manual transmission of my civic 1997 vti with the one u mentioned. is it possible?

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    Farooqbash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Is manual ferio exists? if yes what is the difference?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •