Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Which Car Should I Purchase? Real Car Experts K Leah Challenge

AoA Reader

Ready for Challenge?

Pls suggest a suitable vehicle based on following requirements,

a. monthly city drive of 2200-2400 KM
    b. maximum petrol/diesel i can afford per month is 200L, no CNG
    c. 1 visit in 3 months to AJK/Mountainous area, 100KM one way/4Hrs requires ground clearance as road is mud track
    d. family use, 2 children, 3 adults
    e. repair & maintenance ease with no hassle to search 50 shops to find parts/consumables
    f. resale possibility with maximum loss no more than 50,000
    g. affordability up to 1.5 million PKR

Currently What I Have:
    1 x Belta 1.3 2007 Market Value @ 13.50
    1 x Cuore 2012 Market Value @ 08.00

What are my Problems?

whenever i have to go to AJK/Mountainous track, Belta because of low ground clearance hits stones/ground, Cuore doesn't hit but cannot be used for long drives with family. Belta is auto and i get to hear sound of knocking while going uphill. on some very few occasions i had to call helpers to give a push while going very steep uphill. i changed air filter of Belta (xli filter used) and now consumption dropped to 10-12 from 13-15.

I can sell both the current cars to go for new options that you may propose, 2 cars is not my need, pls suggest.

I also want to propose a small gift on best suggestion, this to express my 'thank you' feeling for his time and suggestion.

JazakAllah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrizwankhan View Post
    i have Belta 1.3, best millage i got was 18.25Km/L on long drive without AC. local average varies from 12Km/L-14Km/L with AC. oil filter and air filter is same as corolla. i had to replace front grill, original costs 6000, while Taiwani cost 2000. original bumper cost 17,000.

Drive wise its a great car, its kind of car you would want to keep for pleasure driving. 2007 model, full options (Climate control, satellite navigation, push start) , excellent condition(4.5 Grade) will costs around 13.50 unregistered. 40K around for registration.

Comparing it with Suzuki DLX is not an apple to apple comparison. DLX is fuel guzzler since engine is DOHC based. i will be surprised if it can do 12KM/L. most of owner i spoke to were complaining for eating fuel. its sporty yes but a small car to spend million plus.

if you want city drive, go for Belta if you like JDM or Honda City if you want pakistani.

Forget CNG as you will waste your time in queue every second days for 3 days and then you will forcefully switch to petrol because of load management.
    Salam @mrizwankhan

thanks for your input. Today i went to see belta on some showrooms and i really loved the car. My dad also is saying to buy this but the cars that i saw today had interior/exterior problems etc ..... so i am hesitant from whom reliable dealer to buy freshly imported with low mileage e.g. upto 30k MR ? seriously!!! ..... and afterwards its parts and maintenance etc? secondly it wud be a 5years old car 2007 model so wht abt its resale value. I know ppl say DLX is fuel guzzler but most of the PW members who hv DLX from their experience say it gives 13-15 easily in city with low pedal under 3000 rpm and 14-17 on highway ... also cng installation is 100% tested on DLX, donno abt belta .... now i am confused ....

Do please help me out here ... thanks ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother go for belta 2007 1300 cc add 15 inch rims and high tyers will give u road clearance and very good pick on petrol
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    Good suggestion.Gli will serve your needs better. why not try a well kept indus shape 1.6 Gli??
    i had one auto 1.6 Gli JDM, millage on petrol is 10-11, CNG 150KM/Tank

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA Reader

Ready for Challenge?

Pls suggest a suitable vehicle based on following requirements,

a. monthly city drive of 2200-2400 KM
    b. maximum petrol/diesel i can afford per month is 200L, no CNG
    c. 1 visit in 3 months to AJK/Mountainous area, 100KM one way/4Hrs requires ground clearance as road is mud track
    d. family use, 2 children, 3 adults
    e. repair & maintenance ease with no hassle to search 50 shops to find parts/consumables
    f. resale possibility with maximum loss no more than 50,000
    g. affordability up to 1.5 million PKR

Currently What I Have:
    1 x Belta 1.3 2007 Market Value @ 13.50
    1 x Cuore 2012 Market Value @ 08.00

What are my Problems?

whenever i have to go to AJK/Mountainous track, Belta because of low ground clearance hits stones/ground, Cuore doesn't hit but cannot be used for long drives with family. Belta is auto and i get to hear sound of knocking while going uphill. on some very few occasions i had to call helpers to give a push while going very steep uphill. i changed air filter of Belta (xli filter used) and now consumption dropped to 10-12 from 13-15.

I can sell both the current cars to go for new options that you may propose, 2 cars is not my need, pls suggest.

I also want to propose a small gift on best suggestion, this to express my 'thank you' feeling for his time and suggestion.

JazakAllah
    Keeping in view all your requirements and budget, I would suggest that you keep the Cuore for your daily runs and swap your Belta for a 2nd Gen Pajero for your occasional trips to AJK.
    I refuse to be a role model
    I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HNaseer View Post
    Salam @mrizwankhan

thanks for your input. Today i went to see belta on some showrooms and i really loved the car. My dad also is saying to buy this but the cars that i saw today had interior/exterior problems etc ..... so i am hesitant from whom reliable dealer to buy freshly imported with low mileage e.g. upto 30k MR ? seriously!!! ..... and afterwards its parts and maintenance etc? secondly it wud be a 5years old car 2007 model so wht abt its resale value. I know ppl say DLX is fuel guzzler but most of the PW members who hv DLX from their experience say it gives 13-15 easily in city with low pedal under 3000 rpm and 14-17 on highway ... also cng installation is 100% tested on DLX, donno abt belta .... now i am confused ....

Do please help me out here ... thanks ....
    i would just say, 'stay away' from dealers/importers, buy from some trustworthy person who has kept the car with care. freshly imported would mean imported between Jan12 to Oct12. My belta was imported in may/jun 12, i purchased from importer directly, though the speedometer showed it as 17500 KM originally driven in Japan, and it was also written on auction sheet that came along and they guy from whom i got also told the same but after keeping it for some time i had to go to service air cleaner element of AC- lucky for me i found original mileage sticker from Japan when last maintenance was done on it- it said '113,000 KM' so i don't believe in any of the things that documents say for JDM cars. These importers/dealer are just trying to get their margins and that's it. if some car show room is telling you that its only driven 30K or 50K - that is a fair chance that he means that he will get 30K or 50K from selling this car to you.

maintenance cost is not bad, my experience with belta is no different than with my previous Gli. no additional cost.

5 years old car of Japan is still better than 1-2 years old car of Pakistan- for its workmenship, quality parts, finish, strength and reliability, features and above all road safety. i would like you to compare latest corolla (hot selling car of pakistan) with 5 years old corolla of Japan (there is not much to compare actually)

resale value of JDM are not as much as pakistani cars, however that doesn't mean that they don't sell or sell with loss?50,000. my personal experience of buying Mira 2007 and selling it at the same price was good. i did have loss of Vitz though but reason was not japanse or pakistani but my bad purchase. so i don't really believe that JDM don't have good resale. point is which JDM you are buying- word of caution is no to go for off market cars/brands like Nissan

for DLX, personally i don't think too much when i press accelerator of my car, i would not see my RPM meter every now and than to ensure that i am driving in 'safe' range- i would rather want my car engine/fuel injection system do that stuff for me so that i can enjoy my drive. usually people drive to reach somewhere, usually you have hurry or tiredness when you sit in your car- at that moment i desire relaxation and not calculation- but it remains an individual choice. JDM are very good at fuel consumption, so why not take advantage. new pakistani cars are also somewhat good at fuel consumption.

for CNG, i would not go for it for two reasons. first is that my kitchen needs gas more importantly than my car does and second ,1 hour of queue at least twice in one week is too much, i deserve better life, this time i can spend with my family.

CNG on belta, CNG installation depends on engine type, belta has same vvti engine as corolla- so technically i don't see a problem. any EFI kit should do the job. there are people who have done it you may like to give a couple of calls to find out how good is there experience.

buying a car is relatively simple decision if you can decide what are your preferences. mashwra her kissi say lo- yeh Nabi (SAWS) key sunnat hai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aarish View Post
    Keeping in view all your requirements and budget, I would suggest that you keep the Cuore for your daily runs and swap your Belta for a 2nd Gen Pajero for your occasional trips to AJK.
    thank you, more details are required for this option pls. 2nd Gen Pajero?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you, more details are required for this option pls. 2nd Gen Pajero?
    Well, I haven't personally kept a 2nd Gen Pajero so can't give you a detailed account on its fuel consumption / maintenance etc., but I have driven it and it is a comfortable, spacious, and powerful ride. Since it would be your second car, fuel economy should not be a major issue, because you would have the Cuore to run your daily errands. The point here is that your requirements demand two cars, not one. And since you already have two, all you have to do is to replace one of them with a jeep.
    I refuse to be a role model
    I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you sir for the detailed reply and guidance. I have a month to decide so lets see what i buy.... i like belta though ... n will call ppl with belta cng converted. thanks again.

i would just say, 'stay away' from dealers/importers, buy from some trustworthy person who has kept the car with care. freshly imported would mean imported between Jan12 to Oct12. My belta was imported in may/jun 12, i purchased from importer directly, though the speedometer showed it as 17500 KM originally driven in Japan, and it was also written on auction sheet that came along and they guy from whom i got also told the same but after keeping it for some time i had to go to service air cleaner element of AC- lucky for me i found original mileage sticker from Japan when last maintenance was done on it- it said '113,000 KM' so i don't believe in any of the things that documents say for JDM cars. These importers/dealer are just trying to get their margins and that's it. if some car show room is telling you that its only driven 30K or 50K - that is a fair chance that he means that he will get 30K or 50K from selling this car to you.

maintenance cost is not bad, my experience with belta is no different than with my previous Gli. no additional cost.

5 years old car of Japan is still better than 1-2 years old car of Pakistan- for its workmenship, quality parts, finish, strength and reliability, features and above all road safety. i would like you to compare latest corolla (hot selling car of pakistan) with 5 years old corolla of Japan (there is not much to compare actually)

resale value of JDM are not as much as pakistani cars, however that doesn't mean that they don't sell or sell with loss?50,000. my personal experience of buying Mira 2007 and selling it at the same price was good. i did have loss of Vitz though but reason was not japanse or pakistani but my bad purchase. so i don't really believe that JDM don't have good resale. point is which JDM you are buying- word of caution is no to go for off market cars/brands like Nissan

for DLX, personally i don't think too much when i press accelerator of my car, i would not see my RPM meter every now and than to ensure that i am driving in 'safe' range- i would rather want my car engine/fuel injection system do that stuff for me so that i can enjoy my drive. usually people drive to reach somewhere, usually you have hurry or tiredness when you sit in your car- at that moment i desire relaxation and not calculation- but it remains an individual choice. JDM are very good at fuel consumption, so why not take advantage. new pakistani cars are also somewhat good at fuel consumption.

for CNG, i would not go for it for two reasons. first is that my kitchen needs gas more importantly than my car does and second ,1 hour of queue at least twice in one week is too much, i deserve better life, this time i can spend with my family.

CNG on belta, CNG installation depends on engine type, belta has same vvti engine as corolla- so technically i don't see a problem. any EFI kit should do the job. there are people who have done it you may like to give a couple of calls to find out how good is there experience.

buying a car is relatively simple decision if you can decide what are your preferences. mashwra her kissi say lo- yeh Nabi (SAWS) key sunnat hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you must consider kia sportage.good fuel consumption,spares are also available.v good ground clearance.!
    neat and clean sportage with full options will not cost more then 900k.!
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vehicles-bikes/201679-fs-dihatsu-coure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota RAV4?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Latest:

Belta 2007 is now sold and I am left with Cuore 2012- still undecided about what to buy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for cultus brand new. Excellent millage on petrol. Ground clearance will also b good. Spares available every where. Resale is also b good. U will b tension free for 3 years atleast as it will b brand new.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about Honda City?
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i finally purchase swift dlx and suzuki jimny

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother 2005 altis auto is perfect car in world for u.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bradpit - thank you sir, two stolen from my street