Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is the extra charges of late regestration on islamabad no and lahore no

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default what is the extra charges of late regestration on islamabad no and lahore no

dear all ,
    i have unregester gli ,invoice of march what is the extra charges of late regestration on islamabad no and lahore no, Should i go for lahore no or islamabad no .
    I want to regester in 2013 jan .

Do any one knows the formula to calculate .

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no idea about exact amount but i saw in newspaper today that Punjab government has reduced the fine. its just a couple of thousands above normal routine fee. check out yesterday's paper and you will find the exact information.

i will suggest a Lahore registered car is better these days as you get the file returned to you. Islamabad excise is too pathetic these days. People dont get their registration books for 5 months even for a newly registered car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

more than 6 months they charge 5000 as fine in islamabad.Go for Islamabad number.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    no idea about exact amount but i saw in newspaper today that Punjab government has reduced the fine. its just a couple of thousands above normal routine fee. check out yesterday's paper and you will find the exact information.

i will suggest a Lahore registered car is better these days as you get the file returned to you. Islamabad excise is too pathetic these days. People dont get their registration books for 5 months even for a newly registered car.
    Bro you can refer to
    Losing revenue: Late car registration penalty to be slashed – The Express Tribune
    secondly its much better to go for isb registration as it will have better resale ,getting papers even after 5 months doesnt matter as you get a certificate from excise office which is valid till one gets the registration book.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haris457 View Post
    Bro you can refer to
    Losing revenue: Late car registration penalty to be slashed – The Express Tribune
    secondly its much better to go for isb registration as it will have better resale ,getting papers even after 5 months doesnt matter as you get a certificate from excise office which is valid till one gets the registration book.
    you would vote for isb number because you live there.

let me share some incidents with you.

i got my civic ferio regd in islamabad. the copy was to be issued after verification frm customs deptt lhr. it took 2 months for excise to write a letter to them. i took that letter personally and got it verified and gave back to excise. after 1 week i asked for regd book and they said that the verification/noc frm customs was still pending (they lost it). i did the same process again and then my car's file was lost. i had to use some extra sources to get the search done on priority. still, it took 4 months for the process to finish.

got a civic regd there. it took 5 months for the regd book to be issued.

got a corolla registered in Lahore. got my book, file everything within 20 days.

i would like to finish the pain once for all and have all the documents in my custody. You cant even imagine what happens with car's files when they are left with exicse department. Especially with the docs of luxury cars/jeeps.

the only charm isb number car has is the low token tax. that is all.

as far as the resale is concerned, a well maintained lahore registered car sells equally well coz there are many people even in isb who belong to parts of punjab where lhr number is preferred rather than an isb regd car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks so much al of u members, more coments and experiences are welcomed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    you would vote for isb number because you live there.

let me share some incidents with you.

i got my civic ferio regd in islamabad. the copy was to be issued after verification frm customs deptt lhr. it took 2 months for excise to write a letter to them. i took that letter personally and got it verified and gave back to excise. after 1 week i asked for regd book and they said that the verification/noc frm customs was still pending (they lost it). i did the same process again and then my car's file was lost. i had to use some extra sources to get the search done on priority. still, it took 4 months for the process to finish.

got a civic regd there. it took 5 months for the regd book to be issued.

got a corolla registered in Lahore. got my book, file everything within 20 days.

i would like to finish the pain once for all and have all the documents in my custody. You cant even imagine what happens with car's files when they are left with exicse department. Especially with the docs of luxury cars/jeeps.

the only charm isb number car has is the low token tax. that is all.

as far as the resale is concerned, a well maintained lahore registered car sells equally well coz there are many people even in isb who belong to parts of punjab where lhr number is preferred rather than an isb regd car.
    bro its not so that i live in isb thts y i am saying so,my one vehicle is registered in isb and other one is of lhr,the incident u narrated thats one odd case,i am telling u regarding general market trend of pakistan.even if u sell isb registered vehicle in quetta or pesh ,khi they will happily get that as compared to lhr registered vehicle,lately the process of transfer of vehicle of punjab registered vehicles have become cumbersome.if we dont talk of rwp.isb or lhr outside these cities isb registered vehicle is preferred,as we move on postings in different cities of pakistan and have seen market trend in all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every Noora gamma is busy in registering his car with Islamabad number.. I see many registered cars from Islamabad even though they don't live there.. what a LAW ! When you will inquire a reason for this , there answer is "Paji resale achi undi ha" typical mentality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    Every Noora gamma is busy in registering his car with Islamabad number.. I see many registered cars from Islamabad even though they don't live there.. what a LAW ! When you will inquire a reason for this , there answer is "Paji resale achi undi ha" typical mentality.
    u r right about this typical mentality but what can be done as here in pakistan people take mehran as hot cash vehicle and they prefer it over other vehicles in same cetagory

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also the owner of the hotcake but I haven't opted for Islamabad registration ,though i got contacts there.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List