Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bought a New Car, Need advice on what checks to perform

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Bought a New Car, Need advice on what checks to perform

    Hello people,
    I have just completed a deal to buy a Corolla Axio (2007) and I should have the car in a few days. Now please suggest; what are the things I have to do as soon as I get the car. I'll list some of the things I'll do but if I miss any then please do add/suggest or If I added something unnecessary then do point that out as well (no one wants to waste money :p)

    Some of the main things:

    • Engine Oil (which one would you guys recommend?)
    • Transmission Oil Change (Will get it changed from Toyota 3S)
    • Brake Fluid
    • Brake pads (if they need replacing)


    I'll also be changing tyres and adding 15" rims so please suggest some reputable shop(s) in Pindi. I am thinking of changing tyres to Yokohama Advan DB, any idea about its price?

    Regards


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tausifs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,038
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Asad tyres in Rawalpindi sadder is the authorized dealer of Yokohama tyres. I recently got advan db tyres for my corolla. These are really good tyres and expensive too

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Asad tyres in Rawalpindi sadder is the authorized dealer of Yokohama tyres. I recently got advan db tyres for my corolla. These are really good tyres and expensive too
    Will check em out.

    Btw guys which Toyota 3S is preferable (as in which is better), Toyota Rawal Pindi or Toyota Capital I-9?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tausifs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,038
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota Rawalpindi are thieves. Their workers/labour even take out small accessories from you car and put in the faulty ones. My friend had a very bad experience with them despite the fact that he paid almost 1,25,000 for his 2008 xli's repair work.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    smokin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Muzaffargarh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    first of all congrats on buying yourself axio its a good car i will recommend you shell helix HX7 5w 30 from reputed fueling station i recently bought vitz and i am using helix HX7 and its really good as far as tyres are concern go for Dunlop SP sports they are really soft tyres i personally check bridge stone and dunlop but opt for dunlop because it is soft and really good for suspension no idea about yokohama i recommend u to stick to the actual tyre size recommended for this car other wise u ll face consumption issues and yes use toyota transmission oil from 3S dealer break pads if necessary use genuine from 3S dealer i had a bad experience of using non OEM disc pads resulting finished after 6 months and destroyed the TAWA.
    its my opinion some may differ with me anyways good luck

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    sunain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    252
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota 3s dont pay attention to imported cars as compare to locals, Secondly parts are not available with them.
    Still if u want visit, I will prefer Toyota i-9.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokin View Post
    first of all congrats on buying yourself axio its a good car i will recommend you shell helix HX7 5w 30 from reputed fueling station i recently bought vitz and i am using helix HX7 and its really good as far as tyres are concern go for Dunlop SP sports they are really soft tyres i personally check bridge stone and dunlop but opt for dunlop because it is soft and really good for suspension no idea about yokohama i recommend u to stick to the actual tyre size recommended for this car other wise u ll face consumption issues and yes use toyota transmission oil from 3S dealer break pads if necessary use genuine from 3S dealer i had a bad experience of using non OEM disc pads resulting finished after 6 months and destroyed the TAWA.
    its my opinion some may differ with me anyways good luck
    Thanks and yes I'll use genuine pads (hopefully 3S will have them).

    Quote Originally Posted by sunain View Post
    Toyota 3s dont pay attention to imported cars as compare to locals, Secondly parts are not available with them.
    Still if u want visit, I will prefer Toyota i-9.
    Only reason to go to Toyota 3S is for tranny oil change and because they have CVT-TC oil with em. I don't trust the local so called 'ustads' for this kind of a job.


    Btw the car is 90k driven so should I increase the oil grade or keep it to OEM spec 5W30?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,128
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Add fuel filter and Ac/fan timing belt radiator cleaning and coolent replacement to the list
    also ask for general check up cost 1200 i think and get estimate made... they will suggest what your car needs and get that done if you feel it is necessary
    RIP

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Add fuel filter and Ac/fan timing belt radiator cleaning and coolent replacement to the list
    also ask for general check up cost 1200 i think and get estimate made... they will suggest what your car needs and get that done if you feel it is necessary
    Totally forgot about the timing belts, I think Toyota recommends to change timing belt @ 100k. thanks.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    abidjafri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    from my past experience always check the Radiator for leaks and get serviced and fill coolant
    A Winner Never Quits -- A Quitter Never Wins !!!

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok so far these are the things I'll do:

    • Engine Oil
    • Transmission Oil
    • Brake fluid
    • Brake pads (if they need changing)
    • Radiator flush/coolant
    • Timing/AC belt


    I asked you guys about which oil grade to use, should I use the OEM recommended 5W30 (engine has done 90k so far and is in good condition) or move towards thicker oil, 10W40?

    Quote Originally Posted by smokin View Post
    first of all congrats on buying yourself axio its a good car i will recommend you shell helix HX7 5w 30 from reputed fueling station i recently bought vitz and i am using helix HX7 and its really good as far as tyres are concern go for Dunlop SP sports they are really soft tyres i personally check bridge stone and dunlop but opt for dunlop because it is soft and really good for suspension no idea about yokohama i recommend u to stick to the actual tyre size recommended for this car other wise u ll face consumption issues and yes use toyota transmission oil from 3S dealer break pads if necessary use genuine from 3S dealer i had a bad experience of using non OEM disc pads resulting finished after 6 months and destroyed the TAWA.
    its my opinion some may differ with me anyways good luck
    I was going for dunlop at first but I asked my friends and searched around here on PW, people highly rate Yokohama Advan DB so that's the reason for choosing these tyres.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    abidjafri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i recently installed Dunlop SP-490 (made in Indonesia) and the mileage of my Civic 98 A/T went from 120Kms to 160Kms per CNG refill ...
    A Winner Never Quits -- A Quitter Never Wins !!!

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Toyota Rawalpindi are thieves. Their workers/labour even take out small accessories from you car and put in the faulty ones. My friend had a very bad experience with them despite the fact that he paid almost 1,25,000 for his 2008 xli's repair work.
    My father faced the same issue with Toyota Islamabad. The guy offered cheaper spares when my father remarked how expensive the listed ones were for. Long story short, a manager at Toyota Rawal told dad the same about Toyota Isb fellows so it is only wise to buy the spares yourself before going to the workshop and to remain next to your vehicle throughout.

    Rest, I agree with parts. They have ones which are most suitable for your vehicle.

    Striker, congrats on the purchase.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Got the car today and me likes

    Will upload pictures in a few days, hopefully weekend will be rain free.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dont forget the plugs buddy.

    advan db is better than dunlop.

    got 195/65/15 for rs.8200 manufactured 2012

    congrats on the purchase. i would prefer using 10w-40

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    most of the ppl here wont agree wid me but the quality of coolants n parts available here r nt as gud as u get in japan , so no need to change the coolant n brake fluits unless dey r making any problems just use em as much as u can dis quality coolant n fluids u cant find here , datz my experience

    change plugs , engine oild , cvt fluid if it needs to be changed ! do brake service ! get its ac belt etc checked n replace if needed ! dun change other stuff just drive n change parts whn dey start makin probs !

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    most of the ppl here wont agree wid me but the quality of coolants n parts available here r nt as gud as u get in japan , so no need to change the coolant n brake fluits unless dey r making any problems just use em as much as u can dis quality coolant n fluids u cant find here , datz my experience

    change plugs , engine oild , cvt fluid if it needs to be changed ! do brake service ! get its ac belt etc checked n replace if needed ! dun change other stuff just drive n change parts whn dey start makin probs !

    That was the purpose of this thread, to ask people for their opinion/advices. Checked the coolant in the car, it’s a pinkish color coolant which as per seller was what came in the car from JP.
    Plugs I'll get from jz in a day or two.

    p.s btw guys the car came with Toyota DV-788 multimedia but I think its gps card something is missing, where can I get that or toyota dealerships have that? I am going to Toyota Capital tomorrow.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    dont replace it , dis coolant works perfectly for years if u dun alter it ! also dun open the radiator cap daily to chk coolant lvl ! just press the rubber main pipe which goes frm the radiator to feel the coolant in it or chk its lvl in da excess coolant bottle ! opening da cap daily , damages da rubber in the radiator cap n dese cars just dun drop water/coolant lvls dat easily !

    congratulations on ur purchase

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AmeerUsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,519
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Hello people,
    I have just completed a deal to buy a Corolla Axio (2007) and I should have the car in a few days. Now please suggest; what are the things I have to do as soon as I get the car. I'll list some of the things I'll do but if I miss any then please do add/suggest or If I added something unnecessary then do point that out as well (no one wants to waste money :p)

    Some of the main things:

    • Engine Oil (which one would you guys recommend?)
    • Transmission Oil Change (Will get it changed from Toyota 3S)
    • Brake Fluid
    • Brake pads (if they need replacing)


    I'll also be changing tyres and adding 15" rims so please suggest some reputable shop(s) in Pindi. I am thinking of changing tyres to Yokohama Advan DB, any idea about its price?

    Regards
    First of all congrats on ur new purchase.
    I own a 5 grade AXIO X manual gear with genuine verified mileage of 40000 km since last six months (now 43000 km). As far as my experience is concerned, there is no need to change any fluid except engine oil in a car like mine. Many of my friends also suggested this. Since, your car has a 90k km mileage, so you should go for change of transmission oil, brake pads/service, brake fluid, spark plugs, tb cleaning etc. But stick to OEM parts only. Instead of 5W-30, 10W-40 is not a wise decision. Once, u use 5W-30, and if there is some oil decrease etc. after its change, then u can go for 10W-40. But this is my opinion and still its ur choice.
    Regards

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So this is what I got done today from Toyota Capital Islamabad, was pretty much on their heads at all times (they must be cursing me now :p ).

    -Tranny oil changed with CVT-TC, roughly ~4L came out and the same was poured back in.
    -Throttle Body cleaning.
    -Air Filter change.
    -Oil Change change.
    -Oil Filter change.
    -Brake pads service, didn't get new as the pads were in good condition. As per them I should change em in the next 7-10k KMs.
    -Plugs they said are fine but I am getting em from @jz anyways.

    In total Toyota capital billed me 14.5k.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •