Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes Benz help required

Hi
    i want a little help from you guys releated to MB w202 ..
    as today i saw a car with a rench(chabi) icon on odo meter with written -500 after that sign so i want to ask you what was that ?? Anything serious ?? Because im planning to buy that ride so plz i need info on that as early as possible ....
    so i would like to welcome mb's expert ......
    Thanks in advanve

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nothing serious. That's a Maintenance warning for next Oil Change. You can Reset it by holding RESET (Key to Position 1) button below Hour and Min buttons on your left. Do share price at what you are getting W202 and share options as well.
    http://www.sohcmydohc.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup it remained for 5-8 sec then dissapeared automatically....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But what type of mantainance is required?? Only engine oil?? And what does -500 mean??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

means k maintenance due in next 500 km since last done. matlab aglay 500 km k ander ander oil change / filter chng karwa loo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its about only engine oil? Or as well as transmission oil??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai net sai download a user manual for your car and be at peace.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha.......can u give me a link .......
    its 1998 c180
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by immad96 View Post
    Nothing serious. That's a Maintenance warning for next Oil Change. You can Reset it by holding RESET (Key to Position 1) button below Hour and Min buttons on your left. Do share price at what you are getting W202 and share options as well.
    Thanks bro
    Its elegance c180 tiptronic gear with beige interior.... A very well mantained car

One more thing... Trunk lid of the car was not opening through the remote key.... Can it b fixed easily??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats a service icon. service is of two types that the car reminds you to take care of. Service A means you have to change the engine oil and filter. You reset your meter when you change the oil and it reminds you to change it again after specific mileage.

Service B means you need to get the brake pads, brake oil etc checked/changed. you can reset this reading as well.

the icon that you see means the car has covered 500km more and the car needs maintenance. you can reset it as per your will and you will not see it again.

in my case, i dont reset it when i get the oil changed and do the task whenever i feel like

good luck for the deal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it can be fixed. there are 2-3 things that need to be checked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what colour?
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In W202 make sure AC is original installed not after market. Traction (If it has) working. Trunk lid isn't any issue and it can be fixed easily. SRS is a normal issue in it. Do check it. W202 is fun to drive car. Easy to maintain as i maintain my W202 at home. Parts are cheap and are easily available. My number is 0301-47-47-005. You can call/text me and show me car and i will teach you all about Mercedes W202.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marschall View Post
    what colour?
    Black...

In W202 make sure AC is original installed not after market. Traction (If it has) working. Trunk lid isn't any issue and it can be fixed easily. SRS is a normal issue in it. Do check it. W202 is fun to drive car. Easy to maintain as i maintain my W202 at home. Parts are cheap and are easily available. My number is 0301-47-47-005. You can call/text me and show me car and i will teach you all about Mercedes W202.
    Thanks alot bro.... I really appreciate your interest.... Good to knw that we have such people aroud us....anyways today i bought that car and yes ac is origional ..... No traction control and trunk is working fine actually for opening trunk we have to push and hold that button.... And no issue with the srs .... And yes its drive is un matchable just cant explain in words when i put the car on canal road it was just WAOOooo.... Actually that car is for my dad but doesnt matter and yes have few questions in mind and will contact you...... Im saving your number right now and will contact you soon.....by da way my name is Hamza...

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    thats a service icon. service is of two types that the car reminds you to take care of. Service A means you have to change the engine oil and filter. You reset your meter when you change the oil and it reminds you to change it again after specific mileage.

Service B means you need to get the brake pads, brake oil etc checked/changed. you can reset this reading as well.

the icon that you see means the car has covered 500km more and the car needs maintenance. you can reset it as per your will and you will not see it again.

in my case, i dont reset it when i get the oil changed and do the task whenever i feel like

good luck for the deal
    So how check that its a service A or B....
    And you mean that i have to go and check for the mantainance right now??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ask for oil change, gear oil change, filter change details from the previous owner.
    you can reset the icon as Immad told you above.

its always a good idea to get all oils and filters changed whenever you get a second hand car.

for any further ihelp/info, you can contact Immad or me as well for which places to visit for maintenance. There are some who practically rip you off when you take your car to those workshops for maintenance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ask for oil change, gear oil change, filter change details from the previous owner.
    you can reset the icon as Immad told you above.

its always a good idea to get all oils and filters changed whenever you get a second hand car.

for any further ihelp/info, you can contact Immad or me as well for which places to visit for maintenance. There are some who practically rip you off when you take your car to those workshops for maintenance.
    Ok thakyou
    but heard alot about inh near airport ... Would you suggest that??
    will visit in 2-3 days

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So congrats on purchase of of W202 and welcome to the club . Glad you liking it so far and i hope you do in future as well.

INH's work was good but now they aren't that good both in work and bucks.

First things to change:

Engine OIL.

I have been using Mobil1 from day one and is VERY satisfied with it. W202 is powered by 1.8L M111 engine and requires 6 Litres of Oil.
    I am using after market Oil filters and with them, i am changing Oil at 12,000 Miles intervals. Still good to run for further 4,000 - 6,000 Miles. Mobil1 4 Litres box is for 4,950/- (Filter House & Mobil1 outlet). You can either use Mobil1 ot Liqui Moly is good as well. No need to go to INH. Buy the Oil and any Oil change guy will do the job.

Oil Filter.

Before importing after market Oil Filters, i was using MANN Oil Filters in my W202. Easily available @ YadGar, Main Boulevard, DHA or Walton Road and last time i bought was for 850/- like an Year back. Change at every Oil change. Easy job and no need to go to INH.

Air Filter.

Using MANN Oil filters and will advice you to do the same. Costs 2,500 - 2,800. Easily available. Easy job and can be changed at home.

Cabin AC Filter.

If you feel that your AC's throw isn't that much, change the Cabin AC Filter place at front of Passenger seat below Dashboard. Cost around about 2,500/-.

ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Oil.

I changed my W202's ATF at around 50,000kms. Almost 6 Litres of Oil was used and was for around 1,750/- Per Litre. Did the job at home but i will advice you to get changed from some Workshop. OEM Mercedes Recommended OIL was used.

Power Steering Fluid.

I recently changed my W202's Power Steering Fluid. OEM Mercedes Oil was used and was for 450/- Per Bottle. 2x Bottles were used.

Do check underneath if you find any broken Bushes or Control Arm. Parts isn't that expensive of W202. About workshops, Haroon bhai can tell you better as i don't know alot about workshops.

Jazak-Allah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So congrats on purchase of of W202 and welcome to the club . Glad you liking it so far and i hope you do in future as well.

INH's work was good but now they aren't that good both in work and bucks.

First things to change:

Engine OIL.

I have been using Mobil1 from day one and is VERY satisfied with it. W202 is powered by 1.8L M111 engine and requires 6 Litres of Oil.
    I am using after market Oil filters and with them, i am changing Oil at 12,000 Miles intervals. Still good to run for further 4,000 - 6,000 Miles. Mobil1 4 Litres box is for 4,950/- (Filter House & Mobil1 outlet). You can either use Mobil1 ot Liqui Moly is good as well. No need to go to INH. Buy the Oil and any Oil change guy will do the job.

Oil Filter.

Before importing after market Oil Filters, i was using MANN Oil Filters in my W202. Easily available @ YadGar, Main Boulevard, DHA or Walton Road and last time i bought was for 850/- like an Year back. Change at every Oil change. Easy job and no need to go to INH.

Air Filter.

Using MANN Oil filters and will advice you to do the same. Costs 2,500 - 2,800. Easily available. Easy job and can be changed at home.

Cabin AC Filter.

If you feel that your AC's throw isn't that much, change the Cabin AC Filter place at front of Passenger seat below Dashboard. Cost around about 2,500/-.

ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Oil.

I changed my W202's ATF at around 50,000kms. Almost 6 Litres of Oil was used and was for around 1,750/- Per Litre. Did the job at home but i will advice you to get changed from some Workshop. OEM Mercedes Recommended OIL was used.

Power Steering Fluid.

I recently changed my W202's Power Steering Fluid. OEM Mercedes Oil was used and was for 450/- Per Bottle. 2x Bottles were used.

Do check underneath if you find any broken Bushes or Control Arm. Parts isn't that expensive of W202. About workshops, Haroon bhai can tell you better as i don't know alot about workshops.

Jazak-Allah.
    Thankyou......

Ok so where are these Mobil 1 outlets in Lahore ?? And one more thing as haroon bhai was saying about some reset after oil change so Im sure that any oil change guy cant do that... and from where I can get ATF , power steering fluid and coolant because low coolant light and low windshield water remains on both were a little low and I filled them with water but both lights are still on ...tried to find any leakage but failed ... Any advice on that

Should I go to shahnawaz for purchasing of these oils or yadgar autos have those??

Bushes seems to be alright because there is no sound from the suspension as tested the car on very humpy bumpy roads and seems very tight..

To check control arm wht to do??
    I think we should leave it for mechanics... Otherwise Sara kaam hum khud hi kr len ge to un ki rozi roti kahan se chale gi..

Waiting for Haroon bhai's reply....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

perfect guidance by Immad. He has told you everything in detail brother.

I was also using Mobil1 but I shifted to Meguin since the latest reports are that Mobil1's quality has been compromised. Liqui moly is good, no doubt.

regarding genuine ATF oil, the exact price is above 2000-2100 rs/l. Cheaper than this available in the market is in original packing but it has been imported from china. (long story and I prefer not naming and going into the details)

INH is show shaw.

If you need the car to be maintained, do give me a buzz. I will PM you my number. We do have the scanners/computers and the spare parts and everything needed to take care of such things. (again I would not go into the details here)

as far as your water lights are concerned, i have seen it on in many 202's. it seems to be a common problem. you can leave it as it is or it can also be taken care of.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

perfect guidance by Immad. He has told you everything in detail brother.
    Yes no doubt.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well...
    as per my understanding and personal experience,

The wrench button comes when the 'REFRESH' i.e. computerized test for the electronis part is due.
    Though Shahnawaz can give you a clear picture as you can set this wrench (service mark) for the desired maintenace.

Khair, i respect the views of haroon_tarar and immad96 and consider them very experienced and helping too.

BUT as for me, this car needs a computer refresh from shahnawaz.
    I was also using Mobil1 and changing it every 4500miles, though i was asked to prolong it upto 10000miles.
    But the point i want to make is that i was changin oil every 4500 miles but still this "wrench" mark was appearing after every 10k miles, so nothing to do with the oil/filters replacement, atleast in my case.

The -ve sign (-500) shows that the car has done 500miles more than the required service time so you need to consider the service on priority. rest i dun think spending 5k and taking the car to shahnawaz for a check-up would harm you, specially when you're buying a car worth 1.2Millions. Baad mai beshak na jana

It's a pleasure to drive this car, lekin agar ghalt car mai haath daal liya tou bas 1.2Million would be downpayment and rest installments

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List