Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CutePoison

Thread: How to drive 7th generation civic prosmatic in first gear?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to drive 7th generation civic prosmatic in first gear?

assalam o alaikum n recently I went to muree on my VTI Oriel eagle shape prosmatic on a steep hill I try to put my car in 1st gear for the climb but the least I got on the lever was D2 and I noticed that car immediately shifted into 2nd gear which caused a lot a problem and car was finding it very harder to climb that steep hill? I need to know how can we drive our prosmatic 7th generation civic in 1st gear? as it has no D1 option or S option on the lever ..

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems like we cant drive 7th generation prosmatic in 1st gear or in D1 that is soo much dump specially on steep hills any solutions for it? or how can we make it drive in D1 or in 1st gear? I need opinions from the experts and how can honda become so much dump to put no option of D1 or S in the 7th generation prosmatic where the 8th and 9th generations have D1 .. and does the 6th generation also had no D1? that is simply dump as on steep hills you need the car in first gear but I tried even in D2 (the lowest which 7th generation prosmatic has to offer) and it simply changes the gear to 2nd and car finds a lot a hard to climb up there is no way that we can keep it in D1 which is soo much dump ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the cars have the first gear to offer i guess and this model has it by the label of "1".
    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should drive in D3 for really steep climbs. Keep consistent pressure on accelator pedal. It never shifts out of 1st gear, if you know how to drive a prosmatic. Unlike CVT, you have to nudge the pedal (release it for a second, then press again) to shift it down to lower gear.

Use D2 for steep declines as car remains in 2nd gear and uses engine rpm to counter excessive decline.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont know about 7th gen civic, But I always use D on my Altis while climbing and D2 on my way back.
    Never had any such issue,
    BTW your car should have "L" gear and I dont think it is recommended to drive in L

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dudes that is the issue the car has no L or D1 or 1 or S, the minimum it has is D2 which always locks the car in the second gear not first .. @haris_taurus90 hmm so that means if I need to keep it in 1st gear I need to keep it in D3 and then nudge the pedal? let it go n then press it again right? i'll try that next time on some serious steep hill .. thanks for the advice .. but still 7th generation should have an option to keep the transmission locked in 1st gear too just like in the 8th generation and 9th generation prosmatic there is a D1 too, was it same in the 6th generation too? gears lever starting from D2?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maaz70 View Post
    dudes that is the issue the car has no L or D1 or 1 or S, the minimum it has is D2 which always locks the car in the second gear not first .. @haris_taurus90 hmm so that means if I need to keep it in 1st gear I need to keep it in D3 and then nudge the pedal? let it go n then press it again right? i'll try that next time on some serious steep hill .. thanks for the advice .. but still 7th generation should have an option to keep the transmission locked in 1st gear too just like in the 8th generation and 9th generation prosmatic there is a D1 too, was it same in the 6th generation too? gears lever starting from D2?

Nudge is for Down shift if the car is moving in 2nd gear on steap hill. But Use D3. You wont have any problem with the gear shift then. In D2, Only 2nd Gear is used! No 1st,3rd or 4th. It is a 2nd Gear Lock. Do not use it for Climbs!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmm
    strange that u had issues with 7th gen while going to murree,when my dad first time went to monal on 7th gen pros,he used D3 n for more steep climbs,he used D2 n didnt faced any issues at all

btw about releasing accelerator,dont know about steep climb but in city drive,using that it it shifts to next gear,n if u floor it then it shifts back

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List