4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need Serious Advice [Professionals]

Okay please firstly note that I require a car for my personal and family use. My budget is around 1,300,000.

I require something that has the following qualities:
    Scratch-less condition.
    Economical and easy to maintain.
    Mileage must be less than 30,000 KM.

Please understand that I'm a middle-class man and the amount is big enough for us and the decision matters a lot to me as I won't be buying another car for a long period of time.

I've the following options right now. It's priority wise sorted out so you can comment on it.

1. Toyota Corolla GLI / XLI 2009 - 2011

Why?
    I really love Corolla and its features. The spare parts are cheap and easily available. Runs good on CNG and I've heard it's very economical in regard fuel consumption.

The Problem!
    Well, people are selling it for more than 14 Lakhs if the car is decent. Let's say I get a XLI or GLI for 13 Lakhs then I'll require the CNG which will cost another 60 Thousands and it would cost me more than I can afford. The problem is basically the price. Any suggestion?

2. Toyota Vitz 2009 - 2011

Why?
    Not really sure but I like it. I've had positive remarks about Vitz and I've heard it's economical as well.

The Problem!
    The problem is that I'm a bit worried when I'm comparing it to the Corolla. I feel like it would be a huge difference between these two and that's why I'm not really feeling like going for it. Another problem is that it's mostly automatic and I'm worried about how would it perform with CNG? What say?

3. Honda City 2009 - 2011

Why?
    So I've heard that it's one of the best cars that saves a lot of fuel and runs perfectly fine on CNG. It's sleek, spacious and strong built.

The Problem!
    Spare parts! I've heard they are very expensive and then again, the high cost of City is also worrying me.

4. Suzuki Swift 2012

Why?
    The biggest plus with this choice is that I can get a NEW Swift! Which is really a big plus for me as I love new stuff. The shape is fine with me and the car seems good overall. Cheap spare parts and availability is also a good plus!

The Problem!
    The same problem that I'm having with Vitz. I start comparing it with GLI. I've heard Swift is not much fuel economical and probably the worst compared to Vitz / Corolla. Seriously, I was very positive about the Swift but after reading a few reviews I'm kinda considering it as the least likely option for me.

Your Contribution:
    Now as you can see that I've put pretty good effort in explaining my problem so then I'm hoping the same from you guys. Please understand that cost and reliability matters the most for me. In both best and worst cases I need something that would be easy to deal with. Although, I'm a very very good driver Mashallah and I don't really worry about the spare parts but looking at my middle-class state, I must consider it as well.
    Most specially, I need something that runs good on CNG and if not, it must run very good on petrol almost as good as CNG, which I highly doubt is possible.

I need you to suggest me one out of these four options and explain why in a long-term period.
    Thank you very much for reading.
    - Haris.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City and Toyota Corolla GLi are both your best bets. Both are economical, easy to maintain (with honda a little more expensive) and have a good resale. It depends on you which car you like and your routes. Like I visit my villiage few times in a month and the road conditions are not that good. Civic and City both touch the road several times in my journey while Corolla hits none. So it depends on you. If car is to be driven on good roads and motorway you cant go wrong with either of them.

P.S Dont go for XLi as your life is more important that saving few bucks. XLi dont have ABS brakes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

gli will be good for u
    I Love JDM Cars . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So GLI would be better I guess. Now last question, how expensive or economical a automatic transmission would be? I'd highly prefer a automatic car that runs good on CNG. Good news, I can expand my budget to 1,500,000 now Alhamdulillah!

Corolla X, Belta or GLI 1.6 Automatic. I wanna know if these or any equally good automatic car runs good with CNG and is also good on petrol.

If I can't find a good automatic car that runs good on CNG then obviously I'm buying a GLI!

Thanks!
    - Haris

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

15 lacs , go for x corolla now , runs very good on cng too
    I Love JDM Cars . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have you compared the cost of having an auto with a manual?
    Difficult I can do today, impossible will take a little longer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Napalm, I didn't understand what cost you exactly meant. The purchasing cost or maintaining? Also, I'd obviously prefer the cheaper option in both regards, I guess manual is cheaper?

So I've now the following options as suggested by the members above:
    Automatic: Corolla X
    Manual: Corolla GLI

I'm pretty confident about the GLI manual but I wanna ask the following questions about the Corolla X.
    1. Corolla X's spare parts are available or not? Are they expensive?
    2. Where can I get a good Corolla X?
    3. Would it perform good on CNG? Economical?
    4. Which model can I get in 1,500,000 Rs. ? And can I get a scratch-less low mileage Corolla X in my budget?

Also, I'm pretty sure if I'm going for manual then it is Corolla GLI but if you guys can suggest me other Automatic cars and specially if those are any better than the Corolla X.
    Thank you!
    - Haris.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Keeping your initial post in mind (and not aiming to insult or humiliate), I'm replying. Seeing how you are hard pressed for money I would not advise something exotic. Any JDM vehicle for you would be an exotic as compared to a PKDM vehicle. Not only cost wise but also maintenance wise. We're not diy'ers, if we were short of denting and painting work we would be taking care of our car's mechanical as well as electrical problems. If we were we would not have to depend on our uneducated (I feel sorry to say this), not even matriculate (despite having vehicles on our roads for sixty plus roads we still do not have an established institute imparting quality education for not only the maintenance of these vehicles but also the development) mechanics to look after our expensive (million rupee plus cars for, which we save for such a long time).

I would say, play it safe. Go for the GLi, new if you can or as new or low mileage you can get and then start getting in touch with all the mechanics in your area of travel.
    With reference or if you can figure out on your own (peg) find reliable mechanics before the need for any mechanical, electrical work is required.

Don't gamble. Play it safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Keeping your initial post in mind (and not aiming to insult or humiliate), I'm replying. Seeing how you are hard pressed for money I would not advise something exotic. Any JDM vehicle for you would be an exotic as compared to a PKDM vehicle. Not only cost wise but also maintenance wise. We're not diy'ers, if we were short of denting and painting work we would be taking care of our car's mechanical as well as electrical problems. If we were we would not have to depend on our uneducated (I feel sorry to say this), not even matriculate (despite having vehicles on our roads for sixty plus roads we still do not have an established institute imparting quality education for not only the maintenance of these vehicles but also the development) mechanics to look after our expensive (million rupee plus cars for, which we save for such a long time).

I would say, play it safe. Go for the GLi, new if you can or as new or low mileage you can get and then start getting in touch with all the mechanics in your area of travel.
    With reference or if you can figure out on your own (peg) find reliable mechanics before the need for any mechanical, electrical work is required.

Don't gamble. Play it safe.
    I plus that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would say Honda City. Toyota Gli/Xli (New Shape) on CNG has a lots of issues. Don't go for Automatic. Automatic cars regardless of their brands are fuel guzzlers compared to their manual counterparts. Honda Auto on CNG would give you tranny problems in the future too. Keeping in mind your location (Karachi), Toyota Xli/Gli are hot cakes for thiefes even in capital (Islamabad). My advice.........Go for Honda City Manual. Its also very fuel efficient. and an ABSOLUTE NO to Jdm's.
    Hope it helps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone. Corolla GLI Manual it is then!
    - Haris.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haris.K View Post
    - Haris.
    Best of luck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haris.K View Post
    - Haris.
    and try to find the 2009-2011 shape in VERY GOOD CONDITION!!! by this u might b able to safe some bugs as well, if u want newer shape, then u might b able to get a misused or in rough condition in ur budget!!!!!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List