Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Swift Dlx, Vitz 1.0/1.3 OR Civic 2005-06 Oriel manual in a Budget of 13 lacs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Swift Dlx, Vitz 1.0/1.3 OR Civic 2005-06 Oriel manual in a Budget of 13 lacs

Dear Members, Im an avid reader of pakwheels for quite a long time (about more than 7 years) but recently joined it as a member. Reading threads during the load shedding hours is good pass time or when u r waiting for something and don't have much to do

I have a budget of 1.3 million (can be raised for new honda city). The options which i have in my mind are: brand new Swift Dlx, Vitz 1.0/1.3 or my favourite Civic 2005-06 Oriel manual. One might think that Civic is a different class/category as compared to Swift and Vitz. I think that price wise they can fall in the same category. There's an unending debate over JDM and PDM Vitz and Swift, Civic 05 and Vitz 2007-09 all are used ones but when u look at Vitz you don't take it as a used car because it looks as new as the one you see in Toyota or Suzuki showrooms . I've driven all the 3 cars, Civic 03 vti and Swift Dlx mostly. For me all of the above will be a good change since i've been using Mehran as a personal car . I need a trouble free car in which you just put petrol and get the oil changed on time. In old civic you can use Cng also.

My questions to the valued members are:

1. Out of these 3 cars which one do you think is economical in maintenance and fuel? Fuel Average which you've experienced with/without a/c?

2. Vitz used vs Civic vti used - it's easier to detect the real condition of civic as compared to Vitz? Ur Comments plz. Petrol and Cng average of Civic Vti 2005?

3. What should be the good price of scratchless and a little bit touched up Civic Vti Oriel manual 2005-06 in Isb? And how much to loose if i sell it after about 6 months to a year?

4. In case if i buy Vitz 2009 1.0L OR Vitz 2007 1.3L, which one is likely to give a lesser resale value and how much i loose when i sell it after about a year?

5. Any idea about the price of body parts like lights & bumpers of Vitz and maintenance parts also, like filters?

6. The performance of Vitz when you drive to Murree?

I have about 3 months to buy a car, so i have enough time to research. Your commets and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear go for New Swift Dlx.. new is new

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for swift DLX great car....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new is new doesnt mean buy an over priced piece of plastic
    out of them vitz and swift are same on fuel. a 1300 vitz will be ideal for an awsome drive
    jdm vs local assembly.. personally i think our local assembled vehicles are crap.. i have used both swift and vitz...
    and when i sit in vitz.. its a whole new feeling as if you are sitting in a sedan..
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mav: Go for civic, nothing beats civic for comfort and grace in Pakistan:-

one is for sale on Pakwheels, I bought a similer one in Nov else I would have gone for it.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...jan-registered

Good Luck -- Hunting!!
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for ur suggestions brothers. Ofcourse new is better in its own category, even if it's local assembled. I might opt for swift or the new City, may be a year or 2 yrs old upto 1.4M.

In case if one buys a used car like 2005-06 Vti Oriel or Vitz what would be the cost of suspension, steering related or brakes related mechanical work?

My experience of a small car is that when it gets old u have to get it repaired especially bushes/rubbers some suspension work or tie-rod ends etc, after about a year & a half. I've heard that cars like Corolla & Civic once get properly repaired doesn't need suspension or tie-rod end related work for about 3 yrs. Is it true?

Most of the Civics of that model have power windows problem, minor problems which can be easily resolved.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its depend on ur need if u need hatch back then go for vitz 1.3 i'll edition its having climate control,half leathers seats n many more japanese swift is also available in market

if u need sedan then city,civic,2005,06 corolla x,fresh import toyota belta also fresh import honda fit aria same as city
    If I Can Change,And You Can Change,EveryBody Can Change....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Members from ISB/Rwp or those who visit hill stations:

How about the performance of Vitz or Civic 1.6 AUTO/Prosmatic on the uphill driving like Murree? I live in Isb and have visits to Murree in summers. Plz share your experiences. Thank u!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick37 View Post
    Members from ISB/Rwp or those who visit hill stations:

How about the performance of Vitz or Civic 1.6 AUTO/Prosmatic on the uphill driving like Murree? I live in Isb and have visits to Murree in summers. Plz share your experiences. Thank u!
    I've vti prosmatic and used to have 1L AT 07 vitz. Both of them suck big time on hilly areas. Prosmatic has no power till your floor it, I'd accept a bit more torque from 1.6L engine mated with AT. On flatter roads when on petrol it drives good. But if you want power with AT try searching some 1.8 version.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz awd 1.3 rocks while going to murree
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get a class in da same budget. Go for Oriel all the way if u find one desired. If u keep it maintained,u would probably be able to sale it at the same price after 6 months.
    Drive lyk a Mister Driver or Jus Stay bac at Home.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Members, Im an avid reader of pakwheels for quite a long time (about more than 7 years) but recently joined it as a member. Reading threads during the load shedding hours is good pass time or when u r waiting for something and don't have much to do

I have a budget of 1.3 million (can be raised for new honda city). The options which i have in my mind are: brand new Swift Dlx, Vitz 1.0/1.3 or my favourite Civic 2005-06 Oriel manual. One might think that Civic is a different class/category as compared to Swift and Vitz. I think that price wise they can fall in the same category. There's an unending debate over JDM and PDM Vitz and Swift, Civic 05 and Vitz 2007-09 all are used ones but when u look at Vitz you don't take it as a used car because it looks as new as the one you see in Toyota or Suzuki showrooms . I've driven all the 3 cars, Civic 03 vti and Swift Dlx mostly. For me all of the above will be a good change since i've been using Mehran as a personal car . I need a trouble free car in which you just put petrol and get the oil changed on time. In old civic you can use Cng also.

My questions to the valued members are:

1. Out of these 3 cars which one do you think is economical in maintenance and fuel? Fuel Average which you've experienced with/without a/c?

2. Vitz used vs Civic vti used - it's easier to detect the real condition of civic as compared to Vitz? Ur Comments plz. Petrol and Cng average of Civic Vti 2005?

3. What should be the good price of scratchless and a little bit touched up Civic Vti Oriel manual 2005-06 in Isb? And how much to loose if i sell it after about 6 months to a year?

4. In case if i buy Vitz 2009 1.0L OR Vitz 2007 1.3L, which one is likely to give a lesser resale value and how much i loose when i sell it after about a year?

5. Any idea about the price of body parts like lights & bumpers of Vitz and maintenance parts also, like filters?

6. The performance of Vitz when you drive to Murree?

I have about 3 months to buy a car, so i have enough time to research. Your commets and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
    You know it all, and none of these is a bad car ... As you're a regular reader of these forums, you'd know that there is no reason to argue what is better, in the end what your heart says is true. Go with your gut feeling. That is the bottom line.

And obviously this is strictly my own opinion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a vitz it had great economy never drove it uphill though and maintenance was cheap parts easily available i sold it and bought a 05 oriel prosmatec .Driven it all the way to mansera no issues at all and my petrol economy is pretty good.If you want good power and economy for city driving go for vitz 1300cc U package or if u have long routes to cover like me go for honda. Comfort level is almost the same in both vehicles in my opinion only at great speeds will the honda feel more solid.Coming to swift well i had a back ache sitting in it for a long period of time, very uncomfortable and no good economy but powerful n silent engine
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift all the way!

P.S. Put around 250k on top and get a civic 2010 from me
    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    I've vti prosmatic and used to have 1L AT 07 vitz. Both of them suck big time on hilly areas. Prosmatic has no power till your floor it, I'd accept a bit more torque from 1.6L engine mated with AT. On flatter roads when on petrol it drives good. But if you want power with AT try searching some 1.8 version.
    Thank you for the honest opinion brother. I've heard from some friends that at least 2.2L+ is good on hilly areas like murree. Any idea about the Swift Automatic, i heard from 2 friends that it's not good in pick. Any idea?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yawar538 View Post
    Swift all the way!

P.S. Put around 250k on top and get a civic 2010 from me
    Thanks for the offer . U plz enjoy ur ride and sell it at a better price im sure u'll get much better offer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the offer . U plz enjoy ur ride and sell it at a better price im sure u'll get much better offer
    My ride is swift bro Do check out the thread. If a bit sporty suspension wouldn't bother you just go for Swift. Don't even look at Vitz or Civic. Investing 1.3 million in something, get something Brand NEW which would give you trouble free life for the rest of the 5 years. Also get the extended warranty thing, doesn't cost much and get covered for 5 years
    Vitz is imported and the only plus thing over Swift are the airbags. Swift offers much better and up to date features than Vitz. The Alpine unit is just sweet!
    Civic is just love but remember a 5 years old car, and that only which was run by some previous unknown owner and you never know its history.
    Go for Swift eyes closed
    I don't even know why on earth the 'Re-Sale' value bothers people. Bhai apney paisay hain, khud ne gari chalani hai. Enjoy the time you spend with your car. Use it to your potential. 5 Years of pleasure driving would always TRUMP 1 lac ka loss on resale.

My verdict: Swift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yawar538 View Post
    My ride is swift bro Do check out the thread. If a bit sporty suspension wouldn't bother you just go for Swift. Don't even look at Vitz or Civic. Investing 1.3 million in something, get something Brand NEW which would give you trouble free life for the rest of the 5 years. Also get the extended warranty thing, doesn't cost much and get covered for 5 years
    Vitz is imported and the only plus thing over Swift are the airbags. Swift offers much better and up to date features than Vitz. The Alpine unit is just sweet!
    Civic is just love but remember a 5 years old car, and that only which was run by some previous unknown owner and you never know its history.
    Go for Swift eyes closed
    I don't even know why on earth the 'Re-Sale' value bothers people. Bhai apney paisay hain, khud ne gari chalani hai. Enjoy the time you spend with your car. Use it to your potential. 5 Years of pleasure driving would always TRUMP 1 lac ka loss on resale.

My verdict: Swift
    Yes i agree with you. New swift will be a trouble free car, put petrol and timely get the oil changed. By the way, how about new Honda City, how do u compare it with Swift DLX in comfort and other things? Fuel economy of new City is much better than other 1.3L cars. Does it have the same HP (92hp) as the Swift has? Does higher Hp make any difference in pick?

In case of old Civic or Vitz u have to check the price which u r paying and the resale value - don't pay much more that when u sell after a year or so, u loose a lot. If a car takes time to be sold then it affects your next purchase. On the other hand if u buy a used car of a new model (2-3 yrs old) you don't loose much. For e.g. Today u buy a vitz and for some reason u don't like it or want to change it after a month, and people are offering u 2 lacs less. An uncle bought a vitz 09 push start, in a very good condition for about 12 lacs, after about 6 months of use he somehow wanted to change and the same dealer offered him b/w 10 to 10.50 lacs , He was surprised

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i agree with you. New swift will be a trouble free car, put petrol and timely get the oil changed. By the way, how about new Honda City, how do u compare it with Swift DLX in comfort and other things? Fuel economy of new City is much better than other 1.3L cars. Does it have the same HP (92hp) as the Swift has? Does higher Hp make any difference in pick?

In case of old Civic or Vitz u have to check the price which u r paying and the resale value - don't pay much more that when u sell after a year or so, u loose a lot. If a car takes time to be sold then it affects your next purchase. On the other hand if u buy a used car of a new model (2-3 yrs old) you don't loose much. For e.g. Today u buy a vitz and for some reason u don't like it or want to change it after a month, and people are offering u 2 lacs less. An uncle bought a vitz 09 push start, in a very good condition for about 12 lacs, after about 6 months of use he somehow wanted to change and the same dealer offered him b/w 10 to 10.50 lacs , He was surprised
    I have City Aspire 2012 as well and it is nothing compared as Swift apart from more Cabin space. The comfort is almost the same because City also has a hard suspension. Fuel Economy of previous city was only better. This is almost comparable to Swift. It has the same hp or more I guess, will have to confirm. Apart from that the pick of Swift is better than City...power to weight ratio is quite different. Swift has less weight hence it will have a better pick than City.
    Go for PKDM Swift. You wont regret your decision. If you are damn crazy about Honda, get the used Civic rather than the city. And if you go for Civic please make sure to get it checked and have thorough research before the purchase.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ur attention is invited to the following 2 questions:

How about the new Honda City, how do u compare it with Swift DLX in comfort and other features? Ofcourse, fuel economy of new City is much better than other 1.3L cars. Does it have the same HP (92hp) as the Swift has? Does higher Hp make any difference in pick?

Secondly, some people say that hard suspension gives better handling, road grip and better brakes. And the soft suspension is the other way around - soft suspension gives lesser road grip, brakes & handling issues. Is it true? And if it's true then Corolla Gli/Xli have lesser road grip but how do u rate Altis 1.6/1.8? I believe Altis has a better road grip and handling. Your comments plz........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List