1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Swift or honda city

I need a help Im going to turn 16 years but fond of driving n so well papa is buying me a car probably which I' d select swift dlx or city and which Is better manual or auto n how's ac cooling of both n can anyone suggest its color ....I am thinking of buying new so is swift dlx good with all features while city is offering base model in that price..and one thing more can I get some type of driving license for safety n prevention of challans lol!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the discussion going on isn't really helping the guy!
    to be honest, people saying swift is overpriced are wrong, to some extent. Not that swift isn't, but city is too! what do you get for 16.70 lakhs? an automatic 1.3 l car, with no nav, no airbags, lame tires, no alloys, no rear speakers, not even keyless entry, shitty shocks! this is Pakistan! everything you buy isn't worth its true value!
    so the argument for which car is successful and which isn't is of no use, both the cars belong to a different category and were manufactured with a different consumer in mind!
    the things that'll help the guy are, which has better :
    consumption : city has very poor consumption! specially auto.. locally. on long drives its fine. but it does depend on your driving style too! (don't know about swift's consumption)
    Parts : that we all know, suzuki parts are cheaper.
    Comfort : city is not very comfortable, but since your a teenager i don't think that should stop you from buying it.
    Price : swift is cheaper but city has more stuff to offer, i.e boot in the back, the car being a honda rather than a suzuki , easy maintenance. more reliable.
    Fun to drive : i've driven the city and it is a nice car to drive as a teenager, it will give you that extra power you want but not so much, just so you won't kill yourself.
    modifying/detailing : swift looks better modified, as its a hatchback, adding body kits, rims and a spoiler will make it look better.
    Safety : both the cars are equally safe. equally stable. at least the city is, don't have first hand experience with the swift so don't know much about it.
    Speed : both are fast enough for you !

hope this helps.
    in the end i'd like to say, you should drive both cars to get a better idea and buy the one you like!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamzaatiq View Post
    I am not saying that swift is a bad car. Its an awesome car if we look at the shape and other features. The only thing I am saying is that it has no comparison with city
    City is a sedan and swift is an hatchback. As you said k uski marzi jis marzi say compaer kray mai yahi keh raha hun in dono ka comaprison he nahi hai dude there is a hell of a price difference.
    But bro if hes compairing it means obviously has enough money?
    Dont u think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarthegreat View Post
    to be honest, people saying swift is overpriced are wrong, to some extent. Not that swift isn't, but city is too! what do you get for 16.70 lakhs? an automatic 1.3 l car, with no nav, no airbags, lame tires, no alloys, no rear speakers, not even keyless entry, shitty shocks! this is Pakistan! everything you buy isn't worth its true value!
    so the argument for which car is successful and which isn't is of no use, both the cars belong to a different category and were manufactured with a different consumer in mind!
    consumption : city has very poor consumption! specially auto.. locally. on long drives its fine. but it does depend on your driving style too! (don't know about swift's consumption)
    Comfort : city is not very comfortable, but since your a teenager i don't think that should stop you from buying it.
    Price : swift is cheaper but city has more stuff to offer, i.e boot in the back, the car being a honda rather than a suzuki , easy maintenance. more reliable.
    Fun to drive : i've driven the city and it is a nice car to drive as a teenager, it will give you that extra power you want but not so much, just so you won't kill yourself.
    modifying/detailing : swift looks better modified, as its a hatchback, adding body kits, rims and a spoiler will make it look better.
    Safety : both the cars are equally safe. equally stable. at least the city is, don't have first hand experience with the swift so don't know much about it.

hope this helps.
    in the end i'd like to say, you should drive both cars to get a better idea and buy the one you like!
    i think the one in 16.70 has all the features that you mentioned it doesnt
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Haha umarthegreat u need to update ur knowledge base.
    Your info is far outdated and absolutely wrong aboit price and specs!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hope this helps.
    XD dude each and every feature u mentioned is in the 16.70 version
    Get your facts right

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lo

hope this helps.
    Shitty fuel consumption bro im getting 16 in city driving without ac so get ur knowledge base updated once again.

Isi loye kehtay agar pata na ho tu chup rehnay mein hi bhalai hai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To the concerned guy!

I've got 2012 model of honda city and my cousin owns suzuki swift.Honda is a nice FAMILY car with great fuel consumption with/without ac.Here i dont wanna go in detail in terms of specs etc.You can also check yourself.I can tell you the performance and reliability of both cars.

Honda City:

> 15km/litre without ac in city.13.5km/liter with ac.
    >As compared to the old 2006/07 model of city.The new model is a bullet..Means it will not disappoint you in terms of acceleration and torque.
    >Room is not silent ..As if 4 persons will sit in the car and you have to cross the * BIG Speed breaker*.The peak of it will scratch the floor because of low ground clearance.

(Please keep this in mind..I am telling you what i have experience in my car.I dont know about other city owners)

Suzuki Swift:

I think they have made one and only best car in the history which is also known as mini sports car IN PAKISTAN :p..Swift had won lots of international awards as a best selling car.Anyhow if you are a young guy and you dont need trunk,wanna feel the REAL BOOST of acceleration then go for SWIFT.But,fuel consumption is not as good as honda city gives you.It gives you 11km per litre in city.

In maintenance point of view, i think new ride will never gives you trouble until you treat it rough.

At the end...For heaven saikh CNG mat lagwana.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your valued suggestions are getting me towards honda city !!! I heard that corolla is more comfortable than City n does corolla also touches speed breakers?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad_123 View Post
    Your valued suggestions are getting me towards honda city !!! I heard that corolla is more comfortable than City n does corolla also touches speed breakers?
    Bhai corolla bohut mehngi paray gi aur wo breaker per lagti hai. Agar 4 healthy banday baithain to and bro toyota kay chori kay kisay to aap nay sunay hi hoon ***. Insurance wagaira ka kharvha alag.
    I would not prefer this can to u cuz yrh family car kay liye to perfect hai per aik banday kay koye bari ho gai gi.
    Aur hum jaisay log for whom speed is the first priority dont prefer it cuz of its brakes! Or barish mein tu allah hi khair karay! (toyota owners know better )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard city aspire 1.5l is launching soon but when and may be there will be price drop in 1.3l models of city?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for sharing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question swift and city have same ground clearance then why does city touch speed breakers////

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u want to feel young and drive young then go for swift... City is more of a family car... City will give u good economy but swift will give u a sporty look and u will not have to spend money on it for addons. Swift is a bit heavy on fuel but its looks are far better than city.. Road clearance of both the cars is good... You will get a fully loaded swift in far less money than city.. And yes, swift does not touch speadbreakers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    na it doesn't. i'm talking about the simple prosmatec version. not aspire manual. and i mentioned 1.3 l Automatic which means i meant the simple version, since aspire auto is for around 17 60! btw i own one, (the simple auto one) so i know what the car has and what it doesnt!

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC2011 View Post
    Lo

Shitty fuel consumption bro im getting 16 in city driving without ac so get ur knowledge base updated once again.

Isi loye kehtay agar pata na ho tu chup rehnay mein hi bhalai hai.
    Bro that is awesome for you! consumption also relies a lot on the style of driving and my city gives shitty consumption for the way i drive!

Quote Originally Posted by hamzaatiq View Post
    XD dude each and every feature u mentioned is in the 16.70 version
    Get your facts right
    dude my facts are right cause i drive it everyday. i do know what my car has and what it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC2011 View Post
    Haha umarthegreat u need to update ur knowledge base.
    Your info is far outdated and absolutely wrong aboit price and specs!
    i know i am a few months outdated, but i don't think i'm that out-dated. the simple auto city is for around 16 50 - 16 70 depending on your dealership! and it has all the features of the basic version, its just automatic. they asked for an additional 60k for nav and screen at the time i bought it (around december). so i think your info about specs and prices are either out-dated or way too updated, they seem be so updated that the rest of Pakistan hasn't caught up with you yet, or perhaps just the honda north dealership hasn't

btw @ all those who still think i am the one in need of updating my "knowledge base" should visit a honda dealership and increase "their knowledge base" and if they can't here's a link to honda pakistan's website : (the prices probably have changed again ) but still, just to clear things out
    Honda | Pakistan | CITY | Specifications

Thank you and peace!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you are a teenager who will most probably abuse the crap out of the car ... i would say get a JDM Vitz/Passo

1. If you go for Passo you will get it cheaper
    2. You can't really abuse it the way you would abuse the City or Swift
    3. Even if you abuse the repair bills are going to **** the living hell out of your dad so you will learn the hard way

if you are hell bent upon choosing between city and swift than i would say swift

1. you will save atleast 200-300k of your father's money
    2. you are a teenager and don't really need the trunk
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baqai View Post
    you are a teenager who will most probably abuse the crap out of the car ... i would say get a JDM Vitz/Passo

1. If you go for Passo you will get it cheaper
    2. You can't really abuse it the way you would abuse the City or Swift
    3. Even if you abuse the repair bills are going to **** the living hell out of your dad so you will learn the hard way

if you are hell bent upon choosing between city and swift than i would say swift

1. you will save atleast 200-300k of your father's money
    2. you are a teenager and don't really need the trunk
    Sorry but I dont need used car ......and
    City has the looks and style n economy due to ivtec tech but its not present in swift ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm double minded guys b/w swift and city .......
    1)I know city has looks n style but no features!!
    while swift has looks n style n features as well....
    2) Ac cooling and pick is same of both cars..
    3) City little hard suspension and swift little soft
    4) I dont really need trunk!!
    5) but make of swift is suzuki (no trust) n city is honda( well known for its tech)
    now tell me what to do.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its easy go for Swift ... economy is your concern? daddy gonna buy the car and daddy gonna fill in the tank as well .... both the cars would be some what equivalent in fuel economy because i don't foresee the car being purchased to be driven with soft foot.
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baqai View Post
    Its easy go for Swift ... economy is your concern? daddy gonna buy the car and daddy gonna fill in the tank as well .... both the cars would be some what equivalent in fuel economy because i don't foresee the car being purchased to be driven with soft foot.
    yeah I like the speed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad_123 View Post
    yeah I like the speed
    Swift would suit you better IMO ... I kept a Cultus for 12 years and hated it ... promised myself not to get another Suzuki but Swift made me change that mind, i have driven it and i liked it a lot and wouldn't mind getting one.
    Lost in /dev/null

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List