Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1.3 mil to spend. Which one to buy?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1.3 mil to spend. Which one to buy?

I m in middle of a car buying dilemma. I have budget of 1.2-1.3 mil and want to buy a decent locally assembled car. can anyone suggest any? I am in Karachi. one more thing, I dont want CNG.

1. What are my options when it comes to City or Civic? I will prefer A/T over M/T.
    2. Corolla is a big NO. Please dont suggest a rolla.
    3. I was thinking about going for a brand new Swift DLX w/Nav but thought mayb i can get a car with a boot for this price.

Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar ap log to confuse kar rahe ho .. I think I will go for a city. Hows the a/t on 2010 city? I wilk be keeping it on petrol so hope it will not create problems as vario did

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PakWheels Forums mobile app
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    Hmmm.. will try to find a city than...i luv civics but the fuel n maintenance costs will be considerably high so City or Vitz it will b.

Yes no doubt civic lacks in economy. City and vitz are good choice and pls drop swift from your list. But again city will be yours first preferable than vitz. The reason behind that is as it is imported car and there meters have been reversed and have done with little body job and touchups. Spending 1.2 mil is a large amount so locally made car which is also easier for every mechanic to understand its problems because in some cases mechanics change its tangey (legs) where the problem was in kaan (ears)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    Yar ap log to confuse kar rahe ho .. I think I will go for a city. Hows the a/t on 2010 city? I wilk be keeping it on petrol so hope it will not create problems as vario did

Just simply give preference to city and then vitz, do contact sharabhi for details on vitz. He will import a nice clean car for you if you go the JDM route.

p.s I think its fair to say you should tick civic off your list because of its high maintenance cost and fuel consumption, its a great car though no denying that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok dear brethren, City it is then...... thanks for ur time and precious advices ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    I might be assassinated for saying this but swift's build quality sucks! it has the same engine as liana and it sometimes makes a lot of trouble. the quality of plastic is not very good too. now, if u can increase the budget AND if u can afford a bit hight maintainence cost, civic is the best value for money! and dont worry, 50k, 80k is not a lot of mileage. these cars are built to last 300k kms easliy if driven on petrol and taken gud care of.

However, if u want to keep the running cost low and still want a gud value for money deal, city is the car for u.

P.S. : Im not gonna reply to anyone who quotes me to tell me how wrong i am about the swift. No time for a cyber war.
    Now that is a biased view from a honda lover, I am using swift for 3 years and not a single issue, have driven 87000 kms. The quality of plastic is as good as new city and drive is simply awesome, There is no issue at all with M13A,it is the same engine which was used in most of the countries for Swift first model and was a superhit everywhere. So I would recommend you to go for Swift and don't listen to biased people just confirm from owners.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Now that is a biased view from a honda lover, I am using swift for 3 years and not a single issue, have driven 87000 kms. The quality of plastic is as good as new city and drive is simply awesome, There is no issue at all with M13A,it is the same engine which was used in most of the countries for Swift first model and was a superhit everywhere. So I would recommend you to go for Swift and don't listen to biased people just confirm from owners.

Sdogar bro....what ahmad bro has said is just a matter of opinion. I like the swift...its trendy and sporty.. but then again, its PS so i have my doubts. Now since u own the car for last 3 years, ur opinion is very credible. I need to test drive both the cars to get to final decision.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post

Sir i dont want it to turn into a long argument but let me tell u, the driving feel of a swift is NOTHING, compared to a New city. Anyone who owns both can confirm that. As for issues, i didnt write those word just because swift is PS, i ve heard about some issues from a few swift owners. some quality issues too. n Honda city's dashboard quality is, although not very good but still, better then that of swift. n now that the dashboard of city comes in beige color too, its not dull at all, like earlier citys or swifts.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother buy a 2004-2006 EXi prosmatec on petrol with 100K or less mileage preferably Honda 3S maintained.

Aap ko future 10 years aram se nikal de gi.

NEVER buy a VTI prosmatec unless it is of a close friend or relative.

Note: old shape civic is much better then 2009-10 city believe me.

A 2010-11 Passo on petrol is also a good option.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother buy a 2004-2006 EXi prosmatec on petrol with 100K or less mileage preferably Honda 3S maintained.

Aap ko future 10 years aram se nikal de gi.

NEVER buy a VTI prosmatec unless it is of a close friend or relative.

Note: old shape civic is much better then 2009-10 city believe me.

A 2010-11 Passo on petrol is also a good option.
    Bro I respect ur opinion n suggestions and I already own a 2K3 vti manual with 124k on the dial...no doubt it is an excellent car but there is always wear n tear n soon the car will ask for a sum in terms of repairs even if company maintained. .. plus the suspension on civics cost a fortune to replace....n a car that old would have definitely developed minor problems by now if luckily not major...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List