Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Confused About Which Car to Buy

Salam to all pakwheelers!
    Guys i am a middle class guy, young doctor by profession from karachi.
    now after a long wait its time for me to buy my "FIRST ride" & my maximum range would be 1100k-1250k & i've planned to buy this through bank financing!

i've been searching several forums on pakwheels regarding different cars, both local & jdm, but now i am too much confused that i cant make a decision which one should i buy! having all the important facts in my mind i am still unable to get a way to final conclusion! so i need you people to help me!

i like toyota vitz & toyota passo(like the most) in jdm, on other hand, suzuki swift & suzuki cultus(like the least).
    both jdm & local cars which i listed are in my budget (i think) but the facts i am thinking of:
    1. such big amount should for 50k-60k driven jdm car or zero meter local car?
    2. jdm car would be a headache for maintinence/spare parts but zero meter would'nt have any issues (what i believe)
    3. jdm cars are imported good build as compared to local one!
    4. if i buy a jdm i've to put on extra money on tuning, plugs, oils, filters, Tyre, etc but in case of local!
    5. after 5-6 years which one have good resale, a 10 years old jdm or 5 years old local!

so keeping all this in mind regarding, good built, better choice, less maintenance & most importantly good resale value what should i go for,
    more specifically toyota passo or suzuki swift/cultus.

I hope all you guys would give me your expert & helpful opinions, i am waiting for your kind reply.
    thank you all in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in middle of that **** too, budget was presented but normally until cabinet approves it, its not implemented, this time our stupid goverment gave order of implementing few clauses that very night only without any approval from cabinet which is (i think) against the law. Other general everyday thing around us have increased already so i fear we will have to pay this
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baqai View Post
    I am in middle of that **** too, budget was presented but normally until cabinet approves it, its not implemented, this time our stupid goverment gave order of implementing few clauses that very night only without any approval from cabinet which is (i think) against the law. Other general everyday thing around us have increased already so i fear we will have to pay this
    but i've read in news paper today that gov. has decided to reverse that tax on eatable goods, but m not sure about tax on cars, dealer called me yesterday he said meeting is going on with seniors of suzuki motors & today he called me to say that suzuki motors decided to apply that tax so i have to give extra money through pay order in the name of pk suzuki co. ltd.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess you will have to pay it than ... waisay if bank idiots hadn't delayed your case you would not had to pay it ... bug the bank about this, also i presume you have already booked your car and if its in the back date than shouldnt you be exempt from paying the tax since your deal was done before this new rule?
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess you will have to pay it than ... waisay if bank idiots hadn't delayed your case you would not had to pay it ... bug the bank about this, also i presume you have already booked your car and if its in the back date than shouldnt you be exempt from paying the tax since your deal was done before this new rule?
    Han yar all this stuff happened only due to that delay which affecting me in this way..
    yar case forwarded to dealer after budget, so dealer said company was not taking orders at time, a budget agya hai to seniors meeting karey gey then they will decide..
    no decision taken to pay 1% more! mujhe lagta hai dena he pare ga!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Han yar all this stuff happened only due to that delay which affecting me in this way..
    yar case forwarded to dealer after budget, so dealer said company was not taking orders at time, a budget agya hai to seniors meeting karey gey then they will decide..
    no decision taken to pay 1% more! mujhe lagta hai dena he pare ga!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Why everyone is hating on cultus and swift?
    Cultus the car which looked the same 13 years ago and 13 years ago it had better build quality and less insane price tag.. this car is pathetic. Personally used it and sold within three months..

Swift is just a superior version of cultus.. same poor build quality..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mehran in non metallic color is available for 615 and metallic in 620 without any extra cost.

If you want to wait for the revised prices, then the price is 10k less with a signed bond that you will have to pay the difference if the prices are increased. No price increase was decided as of yesterday

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Mehran in non metallic color is available for 615 and metallic in 620 without any extra cost.

If you want to wait for the revised prices, then the price is 10k less with a signed bond that you will have to pay the difference if the prices are increased. No price increase was decided as of yesterday

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app
    errrr he already decided and going for the SWIFT and have booked it ...

what's the status fahad? when are you getting your car? i was supposed to get mine yesterday (friday) but courtesy of city conditions now i guess i will get it on tuesday ... i bloody hate waiting :/
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any updates??? after such a long thread, all the PWers are anxiously waiting for ur ride
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he was given a week's delivery time i hope he ended up liking white instead of silver
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what's the status fahad? when are you getting your car? i was supposed to get mine yesterday (friday) but courtesy of city conditions now i guess i will get it on tuesday ... i bloody hate waiting :/
    hi salam..
    how are you baqai!
    yar i am quite busy these days with too hectic schedule & extra duties & i dont have much time to take a nap even..
    thats why was out of touch! just got little time to check whats happening around!
    well first of all thanks for your concern regarding my ride or related issues!
    as you know dealer (naseer autos) got the pay order but he held it up due to that stupid tax issue, he said he was waiting for confirmation of increased tax then i've to pay the difference..
    i called him on Tuesday he said he forwarded my order to company with a comment "agar company accept krti hai to theek hai werna apko difference pay krna hoga, agar accept ho gya to main apko inform ker doon ga 2 din may" & there is no fone call yet..
    i was busy too even didnt got time to call him to ask! i'll call him tomorrow let see what he says!
    he told me car would be delivered to me in 15-20 days after confirmation of booking!
    ab dekho kya banta hai, now its too long!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

b.t.w baqai, have you got ur ride or not!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    any updates??? after such a long thread, all the PWers are anxiously waiting for ur ride
    ya its too long thread & its too long for me as well almost two months, even i am waiting my first ride desperately, i think i would get it in start of ramdan!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he was given a week's delivery time i hope he ended up liking white instead of silver
    still Silky Silver, but i got confuse between silver & gray!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good luck on getting your ride

We are planning to get a Swift in white through bank lease too, the reason for financing is, we have a boutique and we rather invest all the money in business rather than paying the cost of Swift up-front

Gave 3 banks the documents needed, so basically waiting to see which one comes through first.

Had issues with statement, since my mom is on pension, and receives her pension through internet-banking(from Norway) and we weren't really bothered with keeping a good statement. We have an account in Allied bank, but never really used it lol.

Guidance to everyone;
    If the bank does not approve you for finance, there are many people in open car market which act sweet and tell you not to worry, i'll get the car on my name, you just gotta pay the down-payment, and give me the monthly installments, stay away from them!

Even if they give you the car, they can still blackmail you by asking to drive it, and on the last few remaining installments, even steal the car and pay it them self. So be careful
    Make Du'a that our case gets approved too

My mom preferred a Vitz, but i don't fancy used things, always been new for me, and since it will be my first time with a car, a new one is best, incase something happens on the road and i don't have a clue what to do etc. I am going to go for white version, <3
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post

We are planning to get a Swift in white through bank lease too, the reason for financing is, we have a boutique and we rather invest all the money in business rather than paying the cost of Swift up-front

Gave 3 banks the documents needed, so basically waiting to see which one comes through first.

Had issues with statement, since my mom is on pension, and receives her pension through internet-banking(from Norway) and we weren't really bothered with keeping a good statement. We have an account in Allied bank, but never really used it lol.

Guidance to everyone;
    If the bank does not approve you for finance, there are many people in open car market which act sweet and tell you not to worry, i'll get the car on my name, you just gotta pay the down-payment, and give me the monthly installments, stay away from them!

Even if they give you the car, they can still blackmail you by asking to drive it, and on the last few remaining installments, even steal the car and pay it them self. So be careful

My mom preferred a Vitz, but i don't fancy used things, always been new for me, and since it will be my first time with a car, a new one is best, incase something happens on the road and i don't have a clue what to do etc. I am going to go for white version, <3
    thanks for wishes!
    dear i've gone through this process already i knew about all those bluffers out there..
    well good luck for your bank verification its too typical & a headache..
    swift in white looks good. b.t.w u r intrested in DX,DLX, Auto or nav.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DLX without Navigation, manual all the way

A close friend of my uncle will get the car on his name, since he has a pretty good statement, and he has leased more than 3 cars before, so he has more success chances.

After a couple of months, when i turn 18, it will be transferred to my mom/ my name
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With closed eyes, go for brand new Swift DX model (which is the entry-level model of it). The feel of zero-meter car is always better then buying used car!
    The man with an insane brain, powered by a 750hp V12 engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post

Guidance to everyone;

You guys did the right thing, not because Vitz was "fancy" JDM. The previous gen Vitz was uglier and was more girl-orientated then the true hatch, if that was the option. The only Vitz I liked was the 2011+ model, which is quite better version of Vitz and the interior looked good too...
    The man with an insane brain, powered by a 750hp V12 engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all.
    today i called the dealer (naseer autos) he said ur order is still awaiting for confirmation, company still not accepting any order, due to increase taxation & car prices. new rates would be issued by 1st july then will decide what to do..
    how pathetic these people are. bank has given payorder to dealer by 15th june & today is 29th, just waste of time..

its the problem of us coz we are pakistani people, once they got to know tax would be applied after 1st july so they are wasting the time of innocent people..
    m too mad of it! :@

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List