One of my friend is looking to buy a car with total budget from 500k to 600k. His requirements are as follows :
1. will be using very rarely within city. Just a few days in a week
2. Highway driving about once in 02 months for around 1200kms (round trip to hometown)
3. Car will be used mainly for family movement.
4. Total number of family members - 02 adults and 02 kids, occasionally 03 adults and 02 kids.
5. Should have to be fuel efficient and easy availability of parts and mechanic due to highway driving.
6. Resale value.
Option of Mehran seems more attractive... BTW is there any possibility to get good condition Cultus in this price range.. which could be more comfortable on highway long drive with AC
yes it is possible, you can get to 2004-2005 cultus in this budget in good condition. but these will be bit older and as you will travel on highway with family, so might be less reliable. as per my experience AC of cultus 2012 euro 2 its AC can not cool good in extreme hot specially on rear seats. but cuore has a small cabin which its AC can easily chill. also on long cuore is very fuel efficient on petrol and comfortable and reliable. but trade off is less space which matters when you have bigger family or need to travel with lot of luggage. newer cars often have good condition original engine but older cars have swapped or overhauled engines. most cars in markets are abused badly. mostly people that buy cars from market, at every visit to mechanic they come to know about flaws hidden. so better go for newer car that you can get. cuore is best for you.